Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if invited to join a lottery pool at work: would you or not?

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 3 years ago by half-fast.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4101 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2013, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I dont get invited, I DO the inviting.Roll Eyes

No thanks to you too you worthless, Troll

You'd get invited out more if it was not because you carry a serious ha** on for people you disagree with. 

Still live with the parents in a 8X8 room upstairs down the hall huh, probably have a bolt on your door even though you behind on your rent.

Yeah- you ought to talk.

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
    North Carolina
    United States
    Member #145690
    August 11, 2013
    258 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2013, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

What do you see as a plus or minus?
    Personally: There is no way l would join unless l had a gun pointed to my head.
    Playing solo relieves one of the hassle of worrying who else is gonna complain about who knows what.Some may want the opportunity of giving a press conference,  which l am totally against- and the list goes on.
    Thanks but no thanks- now & forever.

* Have a Great week People.

I would most definitely play.  Wish the people at my job were interested in the lottery so I could start a pool.

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4101 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2013, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

I would most definitely play.  Wish the people at my job were interested in the lottery so I could start a pool.

Whatever works for you and makes you happy, hey- go for it.

l merely asked a question to see the responses.. however a leprechaun on this site seems to think that just because someone asks a question" that means that sort of thing is going on at work or the topic has come up"... its a question, and a question only. Sometimes we ought not be surprised when animals" eat their young".

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2013, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Playing solo relieves one of the hassle of worrying who else is gonna complain about who knows what.Some may want the opportunity of giving a press conference,  which l am totally against- and the list goes on.

I think I answered this question before, but I thought of a scenario using my remaining brain cells.

I would join a pool if the team had a wheel.

I would not join a pool if the team used QP.

If you were the captain of my poolie team, I would kick you, for no reason.Chair (and for good reason)

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4101 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2013, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I think I answered this question before, but I thought of a scenario using my remaining brain cells.

I would join a pool if the team had a wheel.

I would not join a pool if the team used QP.

If you were the captain of my poolie team, I would kick you, for no reason.Chair (and for good reason)

Well lets see how your brain cells match up to mine...

l see you as the " only child" probably born with red hair, kids in school called you Rosy behind your back.. you eventually thought you ought to be the class bully even though you weighed 110 lbs soaking wet.  You also made certain that you did not pack a lunch.. " hey why when you can eat others" Tried lifting weights to bulk up- but your chest is still looking like the inside of a spoon. The bolt on your door is serious, you intend to keep your " valuables from being pilfered".

Despite your poolie team comment- you cannot swim, you would like to but you cant, Wendy the gal you had a crush on in school found that out a long time ago. You come to forums such as this to compensate for your anti social behavior, which is why you lash out at others who you feel threatened by.

You have my sympathy.Not all is lost, you can grow out of this with time and patience- however you need to face your personal demons and admit that you do have a problem. Help is available, l however am not in a position to do that. The rot has not set in but hope remains.... however slim.

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: December 10, 2013, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Nice comeback, noisy-glaze, a tad verbose, but definitely a valiant effort.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2013, 12:58 am - IP Logged

i would, because i wouldn't want to be  left to train everyone's replacement, and be known as " the grumpy guy who didn't join the office pool "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: December 10, 2013, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Possibly, if someone responsible ran it.

I ran one once years and years ago with about 15 people in it and it wasn't worth the hassle.

A signed contract with each player would have made things easier.

Or at the very least not letting cheapskates join in the first place.

Isn't it ironic, how you sometimes find the biggest cheapskates at the workplace?

Sacramento, CA
                  United States
                  Member #142454
                  May 12, 2013
                  66 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2013, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Gyah, coworker tried to get me to run a pool for tonight (we worked together at my last company). Told her that if she wants to get one going, she's welcome to do so, but I'm out. Did she do it? N O P E

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2013, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Yes. I would really really really be depressed if I had to keep working only because I didn't want to join the pool and people I work with, some of who I can't stand, are far away enjoying their jp share. Some wise man once  said Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire. Chair

That money's gone fo ever

Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4101 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2013, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Yes. I would really really really be depressed if I had to keep working only because I didn't want to join the pool and people I work with, some of who I can't stand, are far away enjoying their jp share. Some wise man once  said Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire. Chair

Since winning the lottery is a game of chance- l would submit to you Maringoman that there are millions of lottery pools all across the nation that have not had a major hit in decades. Its the chance we all take whether to join or not.l may be wrong on this, but the last few winners were not affiliated with a lottery pool of any kind.

Golden Gloria, Pedro and our first PB winner from California among others did it all on their own- that should tell us something, at least it does me. But: to each his own.Smile

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40250 Posts
                        Posted: December 10, 2013, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

We do a family pool.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4101 Posts
                          Posted: December 10, 2013, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

We do a family pool.

When was the last time your family pool won anything substantial & how long has it been in operation  sully?

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40250 Posts
                            Posted: December 10, 2013, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

When was the last time your family pool won anything substantial & how long has it been in operation  sully?

We've been doing this for about 10 years on and off. the most we got was a couple hundred, nothing to retire on.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                              Member #125185
                              March 26, 2012
                              75 Posts
                              Posted: December 10, 2013, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

I ran one years ago, when I was still working.

I kept a list of the 20 numbers we played back then. Then, the lotto forms changed a bit.
                              I suspect to keep the "constant" or "consistent" players off track.

Anyway, I accum'd 20 numbers during the early days of the pool. And when we had 20,
                              we played those 20 from then on.

I had a contract on the paper I'd lay out on the table, on the morning of the lotto.  I typed
                              then names of everyone in that department, with a space next to it. If they put their initials
                              on that line, and gave me the 1 or 2 bucks, they were in. Simple as that. I don't loan even a dollar
                              out, because I know everyone there made decent money (and I was the newest employee there).

We all knew it was a long shot, anyway.  We never won anything, but the thing with any serious
                              gambling is consistency. Do the same thing, every single time, save for example things like poker.

ANYWAY, I'm waiiting to see if someone won this evening's $344 MM.