Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if invited to join a lottery pool at work: would you or not?

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 3 years ago by half-fast.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2013, 6:40 am - IP Logged

If it comes down to me getting to split millions, or me just throwing away another losing ticket. I'll take my share of the millions please

Welcome to Lottery Post, Shelby Mustang!

Do you have a Shelby?

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2013, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post, Shelby Mustang!

Do you have a Shelby?

Thank you, and to answer you question no sir I do not...sigh wishful thinking on my part but I play the lottery regularly and hope one day while Im still young enough to enjoy it I'll be able to buy one LOL

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4104 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Welcome Shelby- Hope your wish comes true.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Thank you, and to answer you question no sir I do not...sigh wishful thinking on my part but I play the lottery regularly and hope one day while Im still young enough to enjoy it I'll be able to buy one LOL

I test drove a Shelby Cobra one time. Cool car.

United States
          Member #149820
          December 9, 2013
          644 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:39 am - IP Logged

I test drove a Shelby Cobra one time. Cool car.

That's cool. Did they let you stomp on it and see what it could do? LOL Closest I came to one was when Hertz had those 500GT-H's..it sounded very good but it wasnt the super snake LOL

United States
            Member #149820
            December 9, 2013
            644 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Welcome Shelby- Hope your wish comes true.

Thank you sir I hope yours do as well

East of Columbus, OH
              United States
              Member #120843
              December 28, 2011
              447 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:46 am - IP Logged

What do you see as a plus or minus?
              Personally: There is no way l would join unless l had a gun pointed to my head.
              Playing solo relieves one of the hassle of worrying who else is gonna complain about who knows what.Some may want the opportunity of giving a press conference,  which l am totally against- and the list goes on.
              Thanks but no thanks- now & forever.

* Have a Great week People.

I run the pool at work.  We have a filing cabinet that every one can access.  I send out an email to everyone in the place that tell them when the next drawing is, what amount the JP is at, and what time I will be getting the tickets.  It is up to them to put their money in the envelope before I get the tickets.

I've been doing it for almost 2 years.  I've never had any money come up missing.  The most we've won is $7.

Here is a copy of the rules I send out.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it puts the responsibility on them for getting money in, not on me having to track people down and ask for it.  I have covered people from time to time and always been paid back. 

1. Whether we play the Powerball or Mega Millions, the entry fee is $2. Powerball is drawn on Wednesday and Saturday night. Mega Millions is drawn on Tuesday and Friday night.

The envelope for money will be in the file in the supply room.

2. Write down the amount you put in ($2,$4,$6,etc) and your name or identifying number

3. Anyone paying ahead will be notified via email that the money was collected for future draws and for how many draws were paid ahead. Example: Norm paid $4 so it’s tonight +1

4. It is your responsibility to get money in prior to each drawing. How you do that is up to you.

5. Tickets will be purchased by me or someone participating in the pool on the day of the drawing, prior to the drawing.

6. Copies of the tickets will be sent to each participant with an email address.

7. Any money won that is less per person than the $2 for participation goes back into the pool for the next drawing. Example: We have 20 people in for the drawing and we win $5. The $5 divided by 20 people is .25, which is less than the $2 for entry, so that money goes back into the pool for the next drawing and does not count for any one person as their entry fee. Also, no one gets .25 either.

8. I will maintain the envelopes from prior drawings in my office. On the outside of each envelope will be the drawing we are playing, the date, and the amount of the jackpot. Underneath will be the list of people that paid in for that drawing and how much they put in, including money for future draws. The numbers that were drawn and the amount we won, if any, will also be on the envelope. Inside will be the losing tickets and a photocopy of all tickets purchased for the drawing.

9. In the event of a large win, $10,000 and up, the group as a whole will decide on a course of action. Same for a jackpot win.

10. Buying into our pool does not preclude anyone from purchasing their own tickets for any drawing. I buy tickets for myself for every drawing, you should too. I do not and will not purchase tickets for myself at the same time as I purchase tickets for the group.

11.  By participating in the pool, you automatically agree to all rules.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:52 am - IP Logged

That's cool. Did they let you stomp on it and see what it could do? LOL Closest I came to one was when Hertz had those 500GT-H's..it sounded very good but it wasnt the super snake LOL

Yeah, they let me take it out by myself, don't know why but they did. 

I lit 'em up, boy, set the gawl dang streets afire.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40339 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:59 am - IP Logged

If it comes down to me getting to split millions, or me just throwing away another losing ticket. I'll take my share of the millions please

Welcome to Lottery Post Shelby Mustang, awesome choice of vehicle, Happy Winnings.Cheers

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40339 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2013, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

I run the pool at work.  We have a filing cabinet that every one can access.  I send out an email to everyone in the place that tell them when the next drawing is, what amount the JP is at, and what time I will be getting the tickets.  It is up to them to put their money in the envelope before I get the tickets.

I've been doing it for almost 2 years.  I've never had any money come up missing.  The most we've won is $7.

Here is a copy of the rules I send out.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it puts the responsibility on them for getting money in, not on me having to track people down and ask for it.  I have covered people from time to time and always been paid back. 

1. Whether we play the Powerball or Mega Millions, the entry fee is $2. Powerball is drawn on Wednesday and Saturday night. Mega Millions is drawn on Tuesday and Friday night.

The envelope for money will be in the file in the supply room.

2. Write down the amount you put in ($2,$4,$6,etc) and your name or identifying number

3. Anyone paying ahead will be notified via email that the money was collected for future draws and for how many draws were paid ahead. Example: Norm paid $4 so it’s tonight +1

4. It is your responsibility to get money in prior to each drawing. How you do that is up to you.

5. Tickets will be purchased by me or someone participating in the pool on the day of the drawing, prior to the drawing.

6. Copies of the tickets will be sent to each participant with an email address.

7. Any money won that is less per person than the $2 for participation goes back into the pool for the next drawing. Example: We have 20 people in for the drawing and we win $5. The $5 divided by 20 people is .25, which is less than the $2 for entry, so that money goes back into the pool for the next drawing and does not count for any one person as their entry fee. Also, no one gets .25 either.

8. I will maintain the envelopes from prior drawings in my office. On the outside of each envelope will be the drawing we are playing, the date, and the amount of the jackpot. Underneath will be the list of people that paid in for that drawing and how much they put in, including money for future draws. The numbers that were drawn and the amount we won, if any, will also be on the envelope. Inside will be the losing tickets and a photocopy of all tickets purchased for the drawing.

9. In the event of a large win, $10,000 and up, the group as a whole will decide on a course of action. Same for a jackpot win.

10. Buying into our pool does not preclude anyone from purchasing their own tickets for any drawing. I buy tickets for myself for every drawing, you should too. I do not and will not purchase tickets for myself at the same time as I purchase tickets for the group.

11.  By participating in the pool, you automatically agree to all rules.

Thanks Nightstalker

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                      Member #149820
                      December 9, 2013
                      644 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2013, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, they let me take it out by myself, don't know why but they did. 

I lit 'em up, boy, set the gawl dang streets afire.

heee heee that is awesome sir. I wouldnt have wanted to get out of it myself, come heck or high water I'd screwed up and bought it home with me LOL

United States
                        Member #149820
                        December 9, 2013
                        644 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2013, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post Shelby Mustang, awesome choice of vehicle, Happy Winnings.Cheers

Thank you very much young lady maybe one day I'll be somewhere in your neck of the woods to pick up my baby LOL

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                          Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                          United States
                          Member #50210
                          March 1, 2007
                          843 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2013, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I have a question. I am currently on vacation in a different state and joined a pool with two friends. We purchased a ticket with 5-draws and won $7 on the 1st draw. We still have 4 more draws on the ticket so do I have to wait until the final draw before claiming?

We will be flying back home this weekend so I was just curious.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

United States
                            Member #149820
                            December 9, 2013
                            644 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2013, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I have a question. I am currently on vacation in a different state and joined a pool with two friends. We purchased a ticket with 5-draws and won $7 on the 1st draw. We still have 4 more draws on the ticket so do I have to wait until the final draw before claiming?

We will be flying back home this weekend so I was just curious.

Nah you can cash it in get those $7 and they'll print out another ticket for the remaining draws

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                              Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                              United States
                              Member #50210
                              March 1, 2007
                              843 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2013, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Nah you can cash it in get those $7 and they'll print out another ticket for the remaining draws

Oh OK, thanks!

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **