Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You Will Never Win A Lottery Jackpot In Your Lifetime.

Topic closed. 181 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 11 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
NY
United States
Member #121961
January 21, 2012
3159 Posts
Posted: February 11, 2014, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Thrifty you should of said, You will never win a NY Jackpot in your lifetime.

Get paid's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    texas
    United States
    Member #152324
    February 11, 2014
    168 Posts
    Posted: February 11, 2014, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

I HEAR U CANDELLIGHT.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7344 Posts
      Posted: February 11, 2014, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE LOTTERY.

"Someone is going to win.  Why not you?"

That is the mantra that the lottery companies feed us.  They prey on the hopes and the dreams of poor and ignorant people.  I will tell you the truth about the lottery so you don't end up in the "ignorant" category.

For every dollar the lottery company collects, they only pay out about 50 cents to winning tickets.  Look at any "Pick 3" style drawing.  Typically, a 1-dollar "Straight" win will pay out $500 to the winner.  Wow!  That sounds great!  Oh, but wait - a Pick 3 number is only a 1 out of 1,000 chance to win!  The lottery company SHOULD be paying out $1,000 for that win, but they only pay $500.

This is how ALL of their games pay.  Even the big games like PowerBall or other "Lotto" style games.  50 cents of every dollar spent goes towards prizes.  That's it.  (By the way, that has nothing to do with taxes that people will also owe if they are lucky enough to win a prize bigger than $599.)

Here's the important part:  At a 50% payback rate, no other standard form of gambling on the planet comes even close to being as bad a bet as playing the lottery.  The lottery is a TAX on the poor and on the ignorant.

Is it worth playing?  Of course not.

If you absolutely must play, buy just ONE ticket once in a great while.  Get a ticket for one of those jackpot games that's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.  Wait until the jackpot is over 300 million dollars, then buy a quick pick ticket.  I don't suggest you pick your own numbers, because if you do, you'll be more compelled to play those numbers more often.

Will you win the jackpot?  Honest to God, the answer is no.  Here's the truth about your chances of ever hitting a jackpot.  This next statement is based on mathematical truths.  If you want to see the math, e-mail me:  You could buy 50 tickets per week for the next 70 years of your life, and you still would have, by any practical measure, ZERO chance of ever hitting any sort of lottery jackpot.  It's not a "fun" truth, but I promise you it's the truth nonetheless.

Buy just 1 ticket once in a while.  For the cost of one ticket, it might be worth the price just to give you that nice dream of "hitting it big".  Anything more than that spent is a complete waste of money.  You might as well light a match to your money." By PDQ

"That is the mantra that the lottery companies feed us.  They prey on the hopes and the dreams of poor and ignorant people.  I will tell you the truth about the lottery so you don't end up in the "ignorant" category."

A few months ago I saw a system that correctly picked the five MM numbers and the bonus number. The ensuing discussion was about the logistics, whether or not it was possible to lower the cost of play, and how much to wagered to have a reasonable chance of winning the MM jackpot. The results of that discussion is moot because MM changed their matrix.

There is a huge difference between wagering $10,000 on several games and the average 5 bucks on one game and it doesn't make the average player ignorant. If there is a problem with ignorance, it's in what some average players expects to win. You can make several posts explaining the probabilities against winning a jackpot and you'll find out the lottery companies don't need to "prey on the hopes and the dreams of ignorant people" because the majority of jackpot winners are average players.

"I don't suggest you pick your own numbers, because if you do, you'll be more compelled to play those numbers more often."

Some will say multi-draw is better using the same QP line for many drawings. Could that compel the playing of that line of numbers more often too or possibly compel a much more ignorant players to believe it's the store clerks fault because the ticket expired before some of their numbers were drawn?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 11, 2014, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Great, I'm getting stalked by a wanna-be internet bully who is too fat to get out of his chair and spends all day on his PC or whatever device you use to harass people on message boards. Do you plan on waddling around the site harassing me and taking all my comments out of context, Fatty?

Awwww, poor widdo Stanky.

Him wike to cwiticize noise-gate's posts and say him want them banned but him don't wike cwiticism of him's own posts.

And him aww ways wanna start twouble and stawk and cwiticize widge wunna but him don't want widge wunna to say nuffin back to him.

Him vewy sowwy him started twouble wif widge wunna now and want widge wunna to go bye-bye.

Him don't wike widge wunna! 

Awwwww, poor, poor widdo Stanky. LOL

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2014, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

The lottery has a house edge on all lottery games regardless of the odds of winning.

"Getting over your problem is no simple task either.  For a starter, just learn a bit about these lotteries.  Only 50% of every dollar collected goes back to winning tickets.  At a 50% payback rate, no other standard form of gambling on the planet comes even close to being as bad a bet as the lottery.  It truly is a TAX on the poor and on the ignorant.  I would add it's also a tax on addicts!  I used to be tempted by the lottery, until I finally woke up and realized just how bad a bet it really is.  Unfortunately, slap a 200-300+ million dollar jackpot on a sign, and millions of people lose all sense of reason." By PDQ

$284 MILLION POWERBALL LOTTERY JACKPOT.
          http://www.lotterypost.com/news/272018

That's not important right now, what I really want to know is what size TV and couch you will purchase when you win a major JP?

Please stop with all the important facts and figures, it's too depressing.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10391 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:03 am - IP Logged

THRIFTY,

The Illniois Midday Pick 3 today was 666....Fireball 6

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
              NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              12098 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:12 am - IP Logged

I LOST $3 DOLLARS PLAYING THE LOTTERY. LOL

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3159 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2014, 1:35 am - IP Logged

That's ok if i never win. My Mister Rogers sweater collection should be worth enough to provide me a comfortable retirement.

Hey Thrift, i see you got the number of the beast again.Evil Looking

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  12098 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2014, 7:56 am - IP Logged

That's ok if i never win. My Mister Rogers sweater collection should be worth enough to provide me a comfortable retirement.

1 OF 5+ Mega Ball=$2 WIN.

$5 SPENT LESS $2 WIN=$3 LOSS

US Flag

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    12098 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2014, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Thrifty you should of said, You will never win a NY Jackpot in your lifetime.

PLAYING THE LOTTERY. LOL

US Flag

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      12098 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2014, 8:43 am - IP Logged

TALISMAN TO WIN A LOTTERY JACKPOT SOMEDAY.

LOTTERY GODS?

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST IS 666. THE LOTTERY IS CONTROLLED BY SATAN.

I GOT A $5 MEGA MILLIONS QUICK PICK TICKET WITH THE DEVIL'S NUMBER 666.

THE LOTTERY IS CURSED ( LOTTO DEATH CURSE ). LOL

US Flag

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        12098 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2014, 9:24 am - IP Logged

GOD REPRESENTS THE NUMBER 1 IN THE UNIVERSE.

I WILL BUY 1 LOTTERY TICKET SOMEDAY.

US Flag

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7344 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

THRIFTY,

The Illniois Midday Pick 3 today was 666....Fireball 6

Scared

Somebody won $2000 on a $2 bet.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7344 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I LOST $3 DOLLARS PLAYING THE LOTTERY. LOL

Had a nice hit in Keno last night and I'm going to try to parlay it playing the pick-4 for five drawings. Does $3-$3 sound good?

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              12098 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2014, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Had a nice hit in Keno last night and I'm going to try to parlay it playing the pick-4 for five drawings. Does $3-$3 sound good?

YOU WILL NEVER WIN A LOTTERY JACKPOT IN YOUR LIFETIME.

US Flag

Page 11 of 13