Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

never play quick picks

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Baton Rouge, LA
United States
Member #4602
May 7, 2004
699 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2014, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

never play quick picks

Both quick picks and self picked numbers have equal probability of winning. The only difference is quick picks are easier to do and less time consuming. It would take me less than 1 minute to go into a store and get 10 lines of tonight's PB. If I had to fill out a play slip for the same 10 lines then the process lasts double the time. Majority of people go for easier and faster options so quick picks are chosen more and therefore win more. It's not rocket science Evil

From my own little study, I would agree, if only buying one ticket. I do think that if someone is going to buy many tickets, perhaps picking numbers is better. I say this because sometimes at work when the jackpots get high, we have an employee who runs a pool and buys many tickets, sometimes 20 or more. When I look through the copies, I see many of these tickets have the same numbers on them over and over, and some numbers in the matrix don't appear on any tickets. If buying multiple tickets, picking your own numbers will allow you to get more numbers in the matrix spread around to the tickets and increase the chances of matching numbers drawn. I think this can increase the chance of winning something, even if it's just a lower tier prize.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
    Kentucky
    United States
    Member #35086
    March 12, 2006
    10374 Posts
    Posted: January 23, 2014, 6:17 am - IP Logged

Do not eat tooth picks!

LOL

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
      TX
      United States
      Member #121193
      January 4, 2012
      1637 Posts
      Posted: January 23, 2014, 10:18 am - IP Logged

From my own little study, I would agree, if only buying one ticket. I do think that if someone is going to buy many tickets, perhaps picking numbers is better. I say this because sometimes at work when the jackpots get high, we have an employee who runs a pool and buys many tickets, sometimes 20 or more. When I look through the copies, I see many of these tickets have the same numbers on them over and over, and some numbers in the matrix don't appear on any tickets. If buying multiple tickets, picking your own numbers will allow you to get more numbers in the matrix spread around to the tickets and increase the chances of matching numbers drawn. I think this can increase the chance of winning something, even if it's just a lower tier prize.

My curiosity lies as in how many computer generated quick picks are duplicated on any one drawing throughout the country ?  10-20-30 %  or more?

I like the idea of 1 by me and 1 by the QP method...

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
        Beautiful Florida
        United States
        Member #5709
        July 18, 2004
        20110 Posts
        Posted: January 23, 2014, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Sales of Lottery books declining, go on LP drum up new customers by telling them not to pick Quick picks. By your book.

I do believe you've opened a can of worms by coming on LP to sell your ideas...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

The land of Canals
          United States
          Member #137589
          January 7, 2013
          168 Posts
          Posted: January 23, 2014, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Do not eat tooth picks!

SmileHilarious!

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
           Steve Martin

Cool

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: January 23, 2014, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

yes, it is true that I won "seven times" the lottery not playing quick picks. now you know the chances of winning more times if you do not play quick picks.

Just curious if this is the *real* Richard Lustig or just someone pretending?

Can you list the 7 lottery jackpots you've won? I thought many were scratch games? (no quick picks involved)

Thanks

vjohnson8's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
              fort
              United States
              Member #72407
              March 17, 2009
              6493 Posts
              Posted: January 23, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

What about the winners who have won using quick picks?

FOR REALThumbs Up

LET's get paid$$$$ money rollYes Nod

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: January 23, 2014, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

My curiosity lies as in how many computer generated quick picks are duplicated on any one drawing throughout the country ?  10-20-30 %  or more?

I like the idea of 1 by me and 1 by the QP method...

Duplicate combos will always be around with random numbers in drawings. But there is no set percentage, as the percentage of duplicates increases along with ticket sales. It could start out small, just a few percent. But then as the jackpot grows and sales increase, duplicates can approach 50% or more for really large jackpots.

Similar thing for quick picks. If you buy a bunch of quick pick lines, you're bound to have some duplicate numbers. But that does not mean your chances of winning or prize return is any worse than self picks with all unique numbers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: January 23, 2014, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Just curious if this is the *real* Richard Lustig or just someone pretending?

Can you list the 7 lottery jackpots you've won? I thought many were scratch games? (no quick picks involved)

Thanks

"Just curious if this is the *real* Richard Lustig or just someone pretending?"

Very doubtful.

His first posts were strings of numbers for Pick 3.

Lustig doesn't play Pick 3 as far as I know.

Never heard him say "y'all" either.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: January 23, 2014, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Reading between the lines, the gist of this thread is wins via quick picks don't sell books.

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                      NY
                      United States
                      Member #121961
                      January 21, 2012
                      3157 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2014, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

is that picture of you????

Yes, that was me after watching 96 straight hours of " The Lottery changed my life", then finding out i did'nt win.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2014, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Yes, that was me after watching 96 straight hours of " The Lottery changed my life", then finding out i did'nt win.

I thought that was the look you get after you catch a delicious bass for dinner.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                          Member #142499
                          May 13, 2013
                          1182 Posts
                          Posted: January 23, 2014, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

do not play quick picks.

Well if it isn't the snake oil salesman we mentioned recently. Listen bud, if your system worked you'd be able to tell us how much you've spent on tickets to get those wins. That's pivotal in validating your claim. If you spend $5 a month and rack up multiple wins that would be impressive. If you're spending $50,000/month on tickets, then it's simply the law of probability and nothing to do with a 'formula' you supposedly created.

If your system worked, you should have had more wins by now. You've been touting that seven wins claim for the last 4 years. Did you hit a dry spell or what? If you can't win anything in 4 years then your system sucks.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19776 Posts
                            Posted: January 23, 2014, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Well if it isn't the snake oil salesman we mentioned recently. Listen bud, if your system worked you'd be able to tell us how much you've spent on tickets to get those wins. That's pivotal in validating your claim. If you spend $5 a month and rack up multiple wins that would be impressive. If you're spending $50,000/month on tickets, then it's simply the law of probability and nothing to do with a 'formula' you supposedly created.

If your system worked, you should have had more wins by now. You've been touting that seven wins claim for the last 4 years. Did you hit a dry spell or what? If you can't win anything in 4 years then your system sucks.

I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19776 Posts
                              Posted: January 23, 2014, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Sales of Lottery books declining, go on LP drum up new customers by telling them not to pick Quick picks. By your book.

I do believe you've opened a can of worms by coming on LP to sell your ideas...!

Nothing gets past the Guard Dog PartyWTG!! MADDOG10Party