Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

never play quick picks

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10356 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2014, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Reading between the lines, the gist of this thread is wins via quick picks don't sell books.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2014, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Reading between the lines, the gist of this thread is wins via quick picks don't sell books.

Ahhhhhh, now the pieces of the puzzle are coming together...

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
      Whiskey Island
      United States
      Member #90216
      April 24, 2010
      12758 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2014, 12:22 am - IP Logged

do not play quick picks.

Richard ,

How much are you spending on each of the games 200 , 300 or more ? Same with scatchers ? You have no secret , system or method to win !

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2014, 12:30 am - IP Logged

99.9% of the people who play for a chance at a multimillion Jackpot using Quick Picks, won't win in their lifetime. -  OnlyDummy

What happened? Food Stamps denied? Again?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2014, 9:14 am - IP Logged

never play quick picks

Both quick picks and self picked numbers have equal probability of winning. The only difference is quick picks are easier to do and less time consuming. It would take me less than 1 minute to go into a store and get 10 lines of tonight's PB. If I had to fill out a play slip for the same 10 lines then the process lasts double the time. Majority of people go for easier and faster options so quick picks are chosen more and therefore win more. It's not rocket science Evil

That money's gone fo ever

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
            TX
            United States
            Member #121193
            January 4, 2012
            1637 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2014, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I recall a statistic from 2-3 years ago that 70+% of jackpot winners are quick picks. Sorry for not being able where that came from. Could have been from TLCML....Thanks

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
              Ontario
              Canada
              Member #137286
              December 31, 2012
              93 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2014, 9:39 am - IP Logged

After having run 100's of millions (and I do mean 100's of millions) of simulated draws I can say it doesn't matter if you play quick picks or your own numbers, over the long run both will hit the jackpot about the same amount of times.

The down side of playing your own numbers (if you are using birthday's, anniversaies, age, fortune cookie etc)  is that there is likely one or more OTHER players playing the same numbers.

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10356 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2014, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I recall a statistic from 2-3 years ago that 70+% of jackpot winners are quick picks. Sorry for not being able where that came from. Could have been from TLCML....Thanks

CDanaT,

One source was the Mega Millions website FAQ page.

It said something like "70 to 80% of ticket sales are quick picks and 70 to 80% of jackpots are won with quick picks. See anything there?"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10356 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2014, 11:12 am - IP Logged

CDanaT,

It's from the Powerball website FAQ page.

Here it is verbatim:

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

Maybe Rickard Lusting, who started this thread, could take that up with Powerball.

Lep

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: January 22, 2014, 11:42 am - IP Logged

do not play set of numbers that already have been drawn. look for set of numbers that never been drawn before. good luck in picking your own set soon or later they can hit.

do not play set of numbers that already have been drawn.

Are you saying i've been doing it wrong all these years.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: January 22, 2014, 11:54 am - IP Logged

CDanaT,

It's from the Powerball website FAQ page.

Here it is verbatim:

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

Maybe Rickard Lusting, who started this thread, could take that up with Powerball.

Thanks CT

I have a strange feeling Richard will never reveal how much he actually spends on Fantasy 5 and the other games he plays/won...but I could be wrong.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: January 22, 2014, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

My QP could very well have the same #set as another player's self pick !

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11983 Posts
                          Posted: January 22, 2014, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

do not play quick picks.

"There is only one practical reason I can give you to play a "quick pick" over picking your own numbers.  If you get your own numbers, they become just that - your OWN.  You will feel more compelled to play "your" numbers more often.  You'll think, "What if I don't play MY numbers tonight and they actually come in?!?"

If you only do quick picks, you'll play less often.  Play less often is the BEST strategy for playing the lottery!  That includes playing so "less often" that you never play!  THAT is the very best strategy.

Look, the lottery company operates on a 50% payback rate.  In other words, for every $100,000 they collect from ticket sales, they only pay out about $50,000 to winning tickets.  At a 50% payback rate, no other standard bet on the planet comes even close to being as bad as buying lottery tickets.  The lottery is a TAX on the poor and on the ignorant.

You asked what's the most I've won.  Why?  What would that tell you?  I hit $2,500 from the Pick 3 lottery once.  So what???  Seriously - knowing I won that means nothing without knowing about the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS I poured down the drain chasing that win.

You are interested in the wrong thing.  Do a little research into the probability and payout tables for your own lottery.  If you look carefully, you will see for yourself that I am right about that 50% payback rate.  You might as well light a match to half your money." BY PDQ.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                            NY
                            United States
                            Member #121961
                            January 21, 2012
                            3157 Posts
                            Posted: January 22, 2014, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Wow i am really surprised to see you posting Richard and i even bought your book a while back...

You would of been better off buying my book "How to boil water on a Barbeque grill".

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11983 Posts
                              Posted: January 22, 2014, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

do not play quick picks.

YOU WILL NEVER WIN A MEGA MILLIONS OR POWERBALL LOTTERY JACKPOT (USING YOUR PLAYING STRATEGY) IN YOUR LIFETIME.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!