Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

never play quick picks

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 7 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1709 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2014, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

And so was mega millions: 22 45 46 47 65 - 10 this week.

Jack-C's avatar - us
    San Diego, CA
    United States
    Member #61467
    May 24, 2008
    28146 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2014, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

How do your own numbers give you better odds when most jackpots have been won by Quick Picks?

I Agree!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2014, 8:15 am - IP Logged

How about "pick quick's"?

Wayne County, Michigan
        United States
        Member #151692
        January 24, 2014
        8 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2014, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Lottery Companies love players like Richard Lustigs. Where they think theres a strategy to random games. Its called Random for a reason. They have no memory what the pervious Spin or number was. If you flop a coin, heads or Tails and it lands on Heads, Tails doesn't tell Heads "its my turn you went." Every number has the same chance of hitting. For Example the odds for Mega Millions Jackpot is 1:258,890,850. If the winning numbers are 1-2-3-4-5 (6) and the next draw are 01-14-15-26-56 (15). Now I ask you which scienario of numbers are most likely to occur. Most would go with the second set of numbers, because it looks possible. But probability tells us of this occurence is exactly the same. Picture Yankee Stadium that holds 50,291. Now Picture 5,148 Yankee Stadiums at once each holding 50,291 people. Those are your odds of Jackpot from another point of view. In reality I would bet my life both my examples of Winning Jackpot numbers will not happen in my lifetime. 

Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2014, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I don't know what Richard has to do with the lottery. The lottery likes people to buy tickets, just like a a supermarket wants you to buy their products. They don't care at all who is buying. If you don't like to play, then shut up and don't. I heard enough losers complaining.

Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2014, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Out of 125 tickets , only 17 won? that's about a 7.9% of winning..

What's the price of a ticket and what did they win? What is the percentage? How much for the taxes? How much for Patel? ...

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2014, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Lottery Companies love players like Richard Lustigs. Where they think theres a strategy to random games. Its called Random for a reason. They have no memory what the pervious Spin or number was. If you flop a coin, heads or Tails and it lands on Heads, Tails doesn't tell Heads "its my turn you went." Every number has the same chance of hitting. For Example the odds for Mega Millions Jackpot is 1:258,890,850. If the winning numbers are 1-2-3-4-5 (6) and the next draw are 01-14-15-26-56 (15). Now I ask you which scienario of numbers are most likely to occur. Most would go with the second set of numbers, because it looks possible. But probability tells us of this occurence is exactly the same. Picture Yankee Stadium that holds 50,291. Now Picture 5,148 Yankee Stadiums at once each holding 50,291 people. Those are your odds of Jackpot from another point of view. In reality I would bet my life both my examples of Winning Jackpot numbers will not happen in my lifetime. 

Why you using such big font New Member? Stop Shouting!

We all know the odds, no need to preach to the choir. Relax and have a cold one:

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2014, 10:56 am - IP Logged

What's the price of a ticket and what did they win? What is the percentage? How much for the taxes? How much for Patel? ...

Looked like the size of a $2 ticket. I don't know exactly what game or state, so this is just ballpark:

You can expect hits around 1 in 5 overall, and about 55-60% return through 100 plays.

They got 17 winners out of 125 (maybe they overlooked some) or only 1 in 7.35 hits.(17 out of 125...that is crazy...Crazy) And only had 1 mid-tier prize over $20.(didn't hear the amount) So I'd guess 16 prizes with $5 average and 1 $30? for the 17th, a little less than 50% return. About as expected or worse depending.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7342 Posts
                  Posted: January 27, 2014, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Yep. Total bunk.

I think everyone knows the infamous video of him saying "never play quick picks...have you won yet?" while sitting right next to the $100M JP winner who played a QUICK PICK: (video can't be embedded)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kboJcNQ_dWc

Bwaahaahahaa!!! ROFL Green laugh

Classic.

Cynthia Stafford's system is similiar to Thrifty's "I'll play some day strategy".

Lustig is promoting his book and made himself accessible to any show that wanted discuss the MM jackpot. I don't see the logic behind "never play quick picks" and neither did Robin Roberts. LOL

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: January 27, 2014, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

You would of been better off buying my book "How to boil water on a Barbeque grill".

Actually I read yor book and I liked it.

However I dont think it was as good as "How to boil water with Hot Stones in a Sweat Lodge".

Richmond,Va
                      United States
                      Member #137058
                      December 26, 2012
                      17 Posts
                      Posted: January 28, 2014, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

LOL, I think that if it is your time to win, it doesn't matter how you play. Another thing too is...people have won big,and only bought a few tickets.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                        Member #142499
                        May 13, 2013
                        1203 Posts
                        Posted: January 28, 2014, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Someone apparently did:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-10-20/news/os-box-lucky-lottery-winner-20101015_1_mega-money-jackpot-publix-scratch-off-game

That justifies his oft repeated claim of "7 Jackpots" with over a million dollars total...just barely.

I think all it proves is that that Town Center Publix appears to sell a lot of winning tickets. This guy is running a scam. Can't wait to see him featured on American Greed.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10390 Posts
                          Posted: January 29, 2014, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Considering that statistics tell us that most jackpots are won by quick picks you think that just maybe it would be a lottery represtnative telling people not to play any?

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4145 Posts
                            Posted: January 30, 2014, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Someone said that Richard is a " Legend " in the lottery business since he won " 7 times " - l beg to differ. Going on GMA and saying " Dont buy QP'S" does not a legend make.