Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Billion dollar March madness

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
Nutley, New Jersey
United States
Member #131058
August 1, 2012
875 Posts
Posted: March 14, 2014, 3:19 am - IP Logged

I was going to participate in this but I was asked my phone number so they could send me a confirmation text. Hmmmmmm thanks but no thanks. I'm not going to give them my number so they can spam me.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
    USA
    United States
    Member #152799
    February 25, 2014
    1090 Posts
    Posted: March 14, 2014, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

I was going to participate in this but I was asked my phone number so they could send me a confirmation text. Hmmmmmm thanks but no thanks. I'm not going to give them my number so they can spam me.

That is strange as all I had to do was validate my email.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
      Upacreek
      United States
      Member #136306
      December 8, 2012
      428 Posts
      Posted: March 14, 2014, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

It's actually a bit higher, 2^63 or 9.2 quintillion (not quadrillion) to 1 odds for the $1 billion grand prize.

1:9,223,372,036,854,775,808

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/quickenloansbracket/challenge/?qls=BCG_B14BrBra.0000000099&mid=sVd3Du6Dp|pcrid|38567155548|pkw|quickenloans%20bracket|pmt|e|pdv|c|plid|

Don't delay. There is a limit of 15 million entrants! I was signed up early and registered the first day. Selection starts after this weekend, expect it to fill up quickly.

And with twenty 1st prizes of $100,000 for best brackets, they will give away $2M no matter what.

I'm throwing a hail mary into this contest... why not?

I had to look all those zeros up just figure out what to a call it... "quintilliion"... "Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women"

Makes the new mega odds seem reasonable these days eh?  Ha Ha

Cheers!

-RC

United States
        Member #142157
        May 4, 2013
        62 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2014, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Anyone here participating in the Billion dollar March madness contest? I think the cash value is around $400 million but I have heard the odds of getting a perfect play sheet is around 50 billion to 1.

I don't follow college basketball but I will give it a try.

im in the yahoo 1 Billion dollar bracket as well.  Its impossible to predict every game correct thats why the prize is at a billion dollars.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5113 Posts
          Posted: March 15, 2014, 1:37 am - IP Logged

Anyone here participating in the Billion dollar March madness contest? I think the cash value is around $400 million but I have heard the odds of getting a perfect play sheet is around 50 billion to 1.

I don't follow college basketball but I will give it a try.

no...no>>heck>NO>>>>post reply FEEL FREE>>>>2 WIN??????????

GUT's>>GLORY>Lottery Post>>(but) LP member'$ Rselfish?

when I winall D money here on D Lottery Post>>>>>>>>>>gona leave Todd with all D bills of D convention!l

USA
            United States
            Member #152799
            February 25, 2014
            1090 Posts
            Posted: March 15, 2014, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I had previously verified my email the other day when I signed up. I just tried checking my account and they now need a yahoo email and cell number giving them authorization to send unlimited spam text messages. The odds are ridiculous so I won't even bother dealing with it.

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
              Sunny California
              United States
              Member #63790
              August 8, 2008
              220 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2014, 11:44 am - IP Logged

I read some article that someone said a perfect bracket would happen once every 400 years.

sflottolover's avatar - spherewall2
                San Leandro, very near Oakland and San Francisco.
                United States
                Member #148590
                November 5, 2013
                98 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2014, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, i would try it normally, as doing as what I'm saying as my signature saying!

Thanks for your kindness to visit my posting; and left me your warmness for my slow chewing! 

Those who wants to win lottery is normal; and it is abnormal if anybody does not want to win!

http://www.writers-network.com/members/sfiawong

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2014, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

I had previously verified my email the other day when I signed up. I just tried checking my account and they now need a yahoo email and cell number giving them authorization to send unlimited spam text messages. The odds are ridiculous so I won't even bother dealing with it.

I don't have a cell phone so I guess that leaves me out.

USA
                    United States
                    Member #152799
                    February 25, 2014
                    1090 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2014, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a cell phone so I guess that leaves me out.

The unfathomable odds at picking the perfect bracket makes PB and MM seem much more attainable even at 259 million to 1. The marketing ploy by Yahoo and Quicken loan is a big win for them as there is a better chance  a meteor will destroy the earth than anyone winning the billion dollars.

United States
                      Member #124814
                      March 20, 2012
                      219 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2014, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

The unfathomable odds at picking the perfect bracket makes PB and MM seem much more attainable even at 259 million to 1. The marketing ploy by Yahoo and Quicken loan is a big win for them as there is a better chance  a meteor will destroy the earth than anyone winning the billion dollars.

You sound like all those "why would you play the lotto?" people.

USA
                        United States
                        Member #152799
                        February 25, 2014
                        1090 Posts
                        Posted: March 16, 2014, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

You sound like picking a perfect bracket is a walk in the park when compared to PB and MM. You go right ahead and win the the billion dollar perfect bracket as I will take my chances with MM.

USA
                          United States
                          Member #152799
                          February 25, 2014
                          1090 Posts
                          Posted: March 16, 2014, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

From one of your previous post you mentioned that you were confident in your business savvy and could turn 5 million into hundreds of million. If that is the case then you could magically "turn" a billion into a hundred billion thereby making you the wealthiest person in the world. Good luck to you!

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                            United States
                            Member #50210
                            March 1, 2007
                            843 Posts
                            Posted: March 16, 2014, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I went around that by using a spare cell phone that normally has the text function turned off. If you use your regular cell ,you can always block the number at a later time.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7295 Posts
                              Posted: March 16, 2014, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

im in the yahoo 1 Billion dollar bracket as well.  Its impossible to predict every game correct thats why the prize is at a billion dollars.

They should have a $10 million consolation prize for anyone getting a perfect Midwest bracket this year. Three play-in games and the defending champion is only a 4 seed. The East regional is wide open too.

On average there are at least two coin flip games in each region in the round of 32 and that's not including the usual one or two upset games. There probably won't be a perfect bracket and the prize reflects that.