Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LotSoftPro

Topic closed. 570 replies. Last post 2 years ago by winsumloosesum.

Page 37 of 39
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5387 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2014, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Winsum, Thanks for all you do! Which states do you use for the "all states" draw? Is it random or do you use a specific state?

The All States drawing text file contains all the draws from every state in the order (draw time) that they are drawn.

tgirl137's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    Grand Rapids
    United States
    Member #123
    February 23, 2002
    3884 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2014, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Are you receiving an error when you click the Live Update button(s)?

You may have the wrong FTP infor in the props.mdb file located in the LotsoftPro installation "data" folder.  C:/ProgramFiles/INW/Lotsoft/data

Go back a few pages of this thread.  I explained how to change the ftp server location in the props.mdb file. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

The draw histories were updated this morning around 11am.  Last draw should be 11/21/14

I am not getting ant error.  I just tried the live update button and the weren't updated yet.

"For with GOD nothing is impossible."    Blue Angel

hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      McKinney/Texas
      United States
      Member #47363
      November 1, 2006
      706 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2014, 11:51 am - IP Logged

henny,

I only have my copy setup for Tx Mid & Eve, not all of them. There is a str8 structure for mid, split pair 6x1, 7 X due.

601, 611, 621, 631, 641, 651, 661, 671, 681, 691

Thx CARBOB. Exactly what I need.

Ephesians 3:20

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #2218
        September 1, 2003
        5387 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2014, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I created Excel files for Combined draws.

The Excel file creates a drawing text file to import into Lotsoft 5 and use the Alert System and other methods.

Here is the download link to the folders:

https://app.box.com/s/cvan3zgagdd7j8z7hmuv

Illinois

Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2014, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

I wanted to let everyone know I will not be updating Lotsoft 5 after today.

I will most likely will NOT make any additional posts here at LP in the future.

I informed Brinkster that I will not be making any more payments for the server.

This has taken too much of my time and effort.

Good Luck!!

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
            Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4870 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2014, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I informed Brinkster that I will not be making any more payments for the server.

Good Luck!!

winsumloosesum,  Thank you for your efforts to keep it going for as long as you did. Thumbs Up

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

bootleg233's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg
              Tn
              United States
              Member #54963
              September 4, 2007
              1164 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2014, 4:03 am - IP Logged

Good Luck!!

OH NO!!!!!ThudUnhappy

Today is NOT good!! I understand Steve but.....still NOT good!!

The best software I believe I have along with RL's stuff has stopped once again! I hope people appreciate the effort you have made!! Thanks again for all you do!! Im just sad today.....Da Boot

WHEN IT FEELS THE WHOLE WORLD SUCKS!

RELAX.........IT'S ONLY GRAVITY Big Smile

I think I can I think I can!!!!

NBey6's avatar - pyramid
                $$ Notaphilist $$

United States
                Member #4290
                April 9, 2004
                16457 Posts
                Posted: December 7, 2014, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

I was able to update mine today. So for those who still use it, you better get to getting before it does not work.

I am a money magnet. 

Clover Thumbs Up 

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                  New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #86099
                  January 29, 2010
                  11119 Posts
                  Posted: December 7, 2014, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I bought a copy of the software years ago  but my computer is down.  Can download it today to one of my other computers and do I need a code?

US Flag

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

thedillyo's avatar - newbgf

Jamaica
                    Member #75105
                    May 27, 2009
                    724 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2014, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck!!

This is sad winsumloosesum.

All your help has been appreciated.

I think there is enough information here for people to get the program running on their computer and maintain their own State Game's results if they wish. I would definitely not spend anymore time adding states or state games for anyone or helping people with basic PC knowledge. Trying to be everything to everyone never works out well.

The beauty of the automatic updates comes in where combined games are used. Combined games IMO is one of the best feautures of the program. If that aspect can somehow be maintained, not by you alone of course, that would be great.

Regarding the Server maintenance aspect, can server costs be prepaid?

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

----Abraham Maslow

4287 9993 3909 1798 3095 0276 5339

Winning makes me smile.
                      bel air maryland
                      United States
                      Member #90251
                      April 24, 2010
                      4870 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2014, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Between the time when Ricky passed and winsumloosesum took over running LoftSoft, I was able to update my state's games

by just clicking on add draw each evening and adding the draws. That's not so bad if you're only playing a couple of states,

but if you're an all states player it will be a bit of a chore.

Is there any way possible to tie LotSoft in with the LP drawing updates so we could continue to use it?

Can this be done, Todd?  I'm sure it would be very much appreciated.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23262 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2014, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Between the time when Ricky passed and winsumloosesum took over running LoftSoft, I was able to update my state's games

by just clicking on add draw each evening and adding the draws. That's not so bad if you're only playing a couple of states,

but if you're an all states player it will be a bit of a chore.

Is there any way possible to tie LotSoft in with the LP drawing updates so we could continue to use it?

Can this be done, Todd?  I'm sure it would be very much appreciated.

This is why most lottery software and websites out there go kaput after a time.  It is a tremendous amount of time and effort to maintain.  I have been doing it at Lottery Post for almost 15 years now, and I maintain more data and web pages than anyone.  (Almost 2 million web pages exist at Lottery Post.)  It makes me sorta laugh when people give me sh*t about the way I do things to keep this site going.  Makes me wonder what they would be saying if it no longer existed.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Winning makes me smile.
                          bel air maryland
                          United States
                          Member #90251
                          April 24, 2010
                          4870 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2014, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

This is why most lottery software and websites out there go kaput after a time.  It is a tremendous amount of time and effort to maintain.  I have been doing it at Lottery Post for almost 15 years now, and I maintain more data and web pages than anyone.  (Almost 2 million web pages exist at Lottery Post.)  It makes me sorta laugh when people give me sh*t about the way I do things to keep this site going.  Makes me wonder what they would be saying if it no longer existed.

If LP no longer existed everyone would be like,   OH,NO!!!Thud

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                            Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1691 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2014, 3:57 am - IP Logged

Todd,

That sums up what has been going through my mind since I first read Steve's post. Underscore TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME AND EFFORT TO MAINTAIN.

Very few people let that sink in. Few can appreciate the effort. And unless you maintain a website or write programs its almost impossible to understand the time, effort, or the complexity of the issues involved.

Watching Mickey Mouse walk across the screen is boring. Then tell someone it was shot at 30 frames per second and took 900 frames.

You get a blank stare with the retort, "So? You just put the 900 frames in an endless loop."

Its out of their reach that someone had to painstakingly create each of those 900 frames.

I started looking at what some do here from that perspective when we were discussing front digit/back digit strategy.

A poster asked how often each pair and each triplet came out in each position. Sounds simple enough. Track the pairs in positions 1&2, 1&3, 1&4, 1&5, 2&3, 2&4.....to 4&5. And the triplets in positions 1,2,3 to positions 4,5,6.

Between copying, pasting, rewriting, and writing additional code, the program was 140-odd K. About 18 hours from start, to clean up, to having a good run with no problem. Take the CSV into Excel, sort, annotate and it looks good.

I see the guy online. I post the response to his question giving him the chart to refer too.

Not ten minutes later he responds, "Good. Now let's do this......"

Can't remember the rest of the post or if I even read it. All I saw was "good" and "let's." And my brain screams, "YOU HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO GO THROUGH THIS CHART AND WHO THE H*LL IS THIS 'LET'S'???"

I remind myself of that every time I consider any question that requires programming. I suppose that's much the same as you weighing any additions to LP with regards to the benefits and the additional workload.

So I sympathize with Steve. He contributes a great deal to this community with his spreadsheets, answering questions, and pointing topics in the right direction with links where necessary. 

And not a single one of us....you, RL, jimjwright, CARBOB, RJOH, me, Steve.....is immune from asking ourselves, "Why do I do this?"

My hope is that Steve will take some time to realize the impossibilities some people place on his shoulders and like you, he "laughs when people give him sh*t about the way he does things."

And I hope he comes back with a renewed vigor and better than ever.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                              United States
                              Member #4924
                              June 3, 2004
                              5896 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2014, 5:31 am - IP Logged

Todd,

That sums up what has been going through my mind since I first read Steve's post. Underscore TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME AND EFFORT TO MAINTAIN.

Very few people let that sink in. Few can appreciate the effort. And unless you maintain a website or write programs its almost impossible to understand the time, effort, or the complexity of the issues involved.

Watching Mickey Mouse walk across the screen is boring. Then tell someone it was shot at 30 frames per second and took 900 frames.

You get a blank stare with the retort, "So? You just put the 900 frames in an endless loop."

Its out of their reach that someone had to painstakingly create each of those 900 frames.

I started looking at what some do here from that perspective when we were discussing front digit/back digit strategy.

A poster asked how often each pair and each triplet came out in each position. Sounds simple enough. Track the pairs in positions 1&2, 1&3, 1&4, 1&5, 2&3, 2&4.....to 4&5. And the triplets in positions 1,2,3 to positions 4,5,6.

Between copying, pasting, rewriting, and writing additional code, the program was 140-odd K. About 18 hours from start, to clean up, to having a good run with no problem. Take the CSV into Excel, sort, annotate and it looks good.

I see the guy online. I post the response to his question giving him the chart to refer too.

Not ten minutes later he responds, "Good. Now let's do this......"

Can't remember the rest of the post or if I even read it. All I saw was "good" and "let's." And my brain screams, "YOU HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO GO THROUGH THIS CHART AND WHO THE H*LL IS THIS 'LET'S'???"

I remind myself of that every time I consider any question that requires programming. I suppose that's much the same as you weighing any additions to LP with regards to the benefits and the additional workload.

So I sympathize with Steve. He contributes a great deal to this community with his spreadsheets, answering questions, and pointing topics in the right direction with links where necessary. 

And not a single one of us....you, RL, jimjwright, CARBOB, RJOH, me, Steve.....is immune from asking ourselves, "Why do I do this?"

My hope is that Steve will take some time to realize the impossibilities some people place on his shoulders and like you, he "laughs when people give him sh*t about the way he does things."

And I hope he comes back with a renewed vigor and better than ever.

G

I could not have said this any better, Gary. After retiring from the military, I started taking programming classes. I started with Basic, Pascal, then "C", never got into "++". I cannot fathom programmers like yourself, JJ, Todd, who do this for a living. The size of Lottery Post alone, I wonder how Todd keeps up with it. Todd, do you have any days when you are not working on this website? I am not alone when I say, you are appreciated more than you know, thank you. Steve is a rare individual, who I appreciate more than he will ever know. Thanks Steve for everything.

Page 37 of 39