Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MADDOGS Mega Millions And Powerball Challenge Is A Waste Of Time.

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 2 years ago by whiteballz.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
Beautiful Florida
United States
Member #5709
July 18, 2004
20116 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2014, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

YOU WILL NEVER WIN A LOTTERY JACKPOT IN YOUR LIFETIME.

Oh, so now your a fortune teller? 

Well thanks Thrifty, you just saved me a lot of money...

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2014, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Sorry you feel that way THRIFTY,

i played a challenge by the RULES period.

i don't play PB or MM and have no plans to play either in the feature, however i will be very very  happy to see an LP member win either regardless of how they win

different strokes for different folks ( some feel Maddogs challenge is waist of time, other feels its fun ) it was fun for me and i plan on participating again !

Thanks to all the members who posted congratulations / support

Congratulations!

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7310 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2014, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Sorry you feel that way THRIFTY,

i played a challenge by the RULES period.

i don't play PB or MM and have no plans to play either in the feature, however i will be very very  happy to see an LP member win either regardless of how they win

different strokes for different folks ( some feel Maddogs challenge is waist of time, other feels its fun ) it was fun for me and i plan on participating again !

Thanks to all the members who posted congratulations / support

It appears the heated debate is over and probably the best way to prove it was an accomplishment that can be repeated, why not tell us why you decided to use those 12 numbers with those bonus numbers?

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
        Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        918 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2014, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

MADDOGS' Powerball Challenge is a game in itself ... it is interesting to see everyone's predictions and how each draw pans out. For whatever reason it was exciting to finally see a 5+1 winner in the challenge. And Basilio did it with choosing one less Powerball (he chose 3 in that drawing instead of the allowed 4). Life is not just about winning money...

basilio's avatar - tools

United States
          Member #145207
          July 31, 2013
          94 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:18 am - IP Logged

It appears the heated debate is over and probably the best way to prove it was an accomplishment that can be repeated, why not tell us why you decided to use those 12 numbers with those bonus numbers?

i used my own system that i developed for a 5/39 game

it told me what and WHEN to play - as of now its telling me not to play, as soon as it tells me its time i will be posting my numbers again.

basilio's avatar - tools

United States
            Member #145207
            July 31, 2013
            94 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:21 am - IP Logged

MADDOGS' Powerball Challenge is a game in itself ... it is interesting to see everyone's predictions and how each draw pans out. For whatever reason it was exciting to finally see a 5+1 winner in the challenge. And Basilio did it with choosing one less Powerball (he chose 3 in that drawing instead of the allowed 4). Life is not just about winning money...

Life is not just about winning money...

THANK YOU !

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11979 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2014, 11:03 am - IP Logged

MONEY IS A CREATION OF THE MIND.

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11979 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2014, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Life is not just about winning money...

THANK YOU !

GOD WANTS US TO HAVE MONEY.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7310 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2014, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

it told me what and WHEN to play - as of now its telling me not to play, as soon as it tells me its time i will be posting my numbers again.

The question among wheel players is what is the minimum amount of numbers to reasonably expect a five number match and I believe most will say 12 is not consistently enough for a 5/59 game. Any group of 12 of the 59 PB numbers should have a five number match once every 6507 drawings and that includes 12 numbers picked by an RNG. The same odds apply to an RNG; IE it should pick one five number match after selecting 12 numbers out of 59, 6507 times. 

I'm not trying to distract from your accomplishment, but wondering if it's something that could repeat in the near future and

san diego
                    United States
                    Member #68237
                    December 16, 2008
                    97 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2014, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Belated congratulations. I like your style play only when the time is right. Have you thought of forming a Lottery Pool so playing $4,700 for the jackpot is more affordable.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19828 Posts
                      Posted: June 19, 2014, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Belated congratulations. I like your style play only when the time is right. Have you thought of forming a Lottery Pool so playing $4,700 for the jackpot is more affordable.

If he repeats his 5+1 match a few more times, someone else will be giving it some thought if he hasn't.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        3972 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2014, 4:18 am - IP Logged

Hi all

I am amazed by the recent postings here in the Jackpots forum over someone winning Maddog's PB challenge. 

Congrats to the winner, nice job.   I guess to settle the dispute Maddog could ask the participant's to generate

all the combos from now on and post the entire list.  Let's see, hmmmm,  I think the PB challenge participant's

select 12 white balls and 4 bonus numbers.  This would mean that each person would be required to post 3,168

lines to cover every possible 5+1.   Posting just the numbers seems to me to be far more efficient.

While I think it's true that not many would be confidant enough to invest over three grand for a single game it's still

very impressive hitting all five numbers in 12 choices.   It's reasonable to contribute the outcome to chance but how 

could we prove it.  I believe I read that the numbers posted were the product of the players system/analysis and

even if he/she never does that well again it should not take away from the fact that they had every winning number

in their list of 12+4.  Thrifty and others may feel the challenge is a total waste of time and while that may be true for

them, others may not hold that opinion.   The odds for winning the PB challenge are 1 in (175,223,510/3168)=55,310

which is far less than most daily pick-5 games but still impressive.   If the poster does not play all 3168 combos then

even if they do have all the correct numbers in their list they run the risk of removing the JP.   The purpose of the challenge

is to trap the winning numbers within a much smaller pool, from that perspective the poster hit a 5+1. 

Congrats again to the winner.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19828 Posts
                          Posted: June 20, 2014, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Hi all

I am amazed by the recent postings here in the Jackpots forum over someone winning Maddog's PB challenge. 

Congrats to the winner, nice job.   I guess to settle the dispute Maddog could ask the participant's to generate

all the combos from now on and post the entire list.  Let's see, hmmmm,  I think the PB challenge participant's

select 12 white balls and 4 bonus numbers.  This would mean that each person would be required to post 3,168

lines to cover every possible 5+1.   Posting just the numbers seems to me to be far more efficient.

While I think it's true that not many would be confidant enough to invest over three grand for a single game it's still

very impressive hitting all five numbers in 12 choices.   It's reasonable to contribute the outcome to chance but how 

could we prove it.  I believe I read that the numbers posted were the product of the players system/analysis and

even if he/she never does that well again it should not take away from the fact that they had every winning number

in their list of 12+4.  Thrifty and others may feel the challenge is a total waste of time and while that may be true for

them, others may not hold that opinion.   The odds for winning the PB challenge are 1 in (175,223,510/3168)=55,310

which is far less than most daily pick-5 games but still impressive.   If the poster does not play all 3168 combos then

even if they do have all the correct numbers in their list they run the risk of removing the JP.   The purpose of the challenge

is to trap the winning numbers within a much smaller pool, from that perspective the poster hit a 5+1. 

RL

True some members just can't do the math to figure out what an accomplishment that was.  Even if all 3168 possible combinations were posted, for MM the odds of having the winning 5+1 would still be 1:81721 which is still 8X harder than hitting a straight in a pick4 game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Beautiful Florida
                            United States
                            Member #5709
                            July 18, 2004
                            20116 Posts
                            Posted: June 20, 2014, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Hi all

RL

Tried explaning that many years ago RL, in no uncertain terms and those who understood it thrive while others struggle  with the format.

Hardly anyone didn't understand the complexity of trapping a 5+1 even within those numbers.  When Fja and myself were talking about the odds of the new format I think we took into consideration that it wouldn't be a cake walk so to speak. These numbers are meant to be on a wheeling basis outside of the challenge whether it comes from a key or otherwise.

I just want to Thank you for the vivid explanation RL, very well said.                   Thanks again.

Beautiful Florida
                              United States
                              Member #5709
                              July 18, 2004
                              20116 Posts
                              Posted: June 20, 2014, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

True some members just can't do the math to figure out what an accomplishment that was.  Even if all 3168 possible combinations were posted, for MM the odds of having the winning 5+1 would still be 1:81721 which is still 8X harder than hitting a straight in a pick4 game.

And again thank you also RJ, some people just don't realize the depth involved to trap those numbers and the odds of doing that also.                               

Thanks...