Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MADDOGS Mega Millions And Powerball Challenge Is A Waste Of Time.

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 2 years ago by whiteballz.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
SammyJoe10's avatar - disney37
Middle of Nowhere NC
United States
Member #151289
January 12, 2014
428 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2014, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Powerball with 5/59 + 1/35 matrix has over 175 million combinations. Basilio picked 12 whiteballs and 3 powerballs narrowing down the winning numbers to 2,376 combinations. A very impressive feat in my book.

Exactly. I wish someone on here had played those combinations. They'd be 130 million dollars richer right now! Way to go Basilio. Woo Hoo! Dance

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7295 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2014, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

BASILIO did not win the Powerball Lottery Jackpot. BASILIO posted a group of worthless numbers instead of posting the winning combination.

WB:14-18-25-33-49 PB:23

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/276777/2 

BASILIO: Yah i am in San Francisco  - i don't actually play PB or MM

The challenges are similar to the predictions board in that "winning" either doesn't require purchasing tickets. The object of the challenges is to see which player picks the most drawn numbers and picking 5 + 1 is a perfect score. It was pointed out the cost of playing all the possible combinations using those 12 numbers and the 3 bonus numbers is $4,752 and why I don't play.

It maybe a waste of time for you or for me because I'm superstitious of picking the right numbers and not playing them, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun for others.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #149492
      December 2, 2013
      919 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2014, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Maddog's challenges really showcases how difficult these jackpot games are.  You can talk about odds like 1 in 175 million or 1 in 259 million, but once you play 12-13 white balls and 3-4 bonus balls and still not win more than $10 most of the time, it drives that point home.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2014, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

As my teenagers say Stop Hating Basilio did a great job.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7295 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2014, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Basilio did a great job. I wish I had played those numbers.....WOW! 

Thrifty didn't follow through with his post in which he claimed he was going to stop creating idiotic threads. Hit With Stick

1. 02-07-14-26-33

2. 02-07-25-26-33

3. 02-07-26-33-44

4. 02-07-26-33-58

5. 02-18-38-49-51

6. 07-18-38-49-51

7. 14-18-25-44-58

8. 14-25-38-44-58

9. 14-25-44-49-58

10. 14-25-44-51-58

11. 18-26-38-49-51

12. 18-33-38-49-51

It's not about "just playing numbers" because the best a 12 line 3 if 4 of 12 number abbreviated wheel could do using those same 12 numbers is three 3 number matches. The prize winnings depends on the bonus number distribution too. The cost of playing 12 numbers and 3 bonus numbers is between $6 with no win guarantee and $4752 with a jackpot winning guarantee.

If your largest one drawing ticket purchase (or the LP average) is at least $4752 than picking 5 of 12 is very valuable, but basically worthless if for only guessing how to get the correct 5 on one of only three lines.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2014, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

As my teenagers say Stop Hating Basilio did a great job.

Somebody should teach your son the real meaning of the word "hate" and teach him how the perceptions of "winning" can vary. Obviously from Thrifty's perception it's not a "great job" because they only predicted numbers and not the winning combination.

Can you point out any statement in this thread that even suggest any hatred of an LP member?

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
              Nutley, New Jersey
              United States
              Member #131058
              August 1, 2012
              875 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2014, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Somebody should teach your son the real meaning of the word "hate" and teach him how the perceptions of "winning" can vary. Obviously from Thrifty's perception it's not a "great job" because they only predicted numbers and not the winning combination.

Can you point out any statement in this thread that even suggest any hatred of an LP member?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hating

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11975 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2014, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

BASILIO did not predict the winning combination. It was exactly my point.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5588 Posts
                  Posted: June 14, 2014, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Why didn't BASILIO post a real combination instead of a group of worthless numbers? Let me guess, he did not want anybody else to play his combination.Hence the problem with MADDOGS Mega Millions and Powerball challenge, very few players post real combinations. They do not want other players to win a lottery jackpot with their combinations.They try to hide the real combination within a group of worthless numbers like BASILIO did.

Thrifty, if you don't like MD's challenges, nobody is making you play. I noticed you have, what, 3 people including you play your little challenge.

I enjoy MD's challenges.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

basilio's avatar - tools

United States
                    Member #145207
                    July 31, 2013
                    94 Posts
                    Posted: June 14, 2014, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

How can you claim to win or predict a lottery jackpot, when you did not do it by posting a real combination? That is my BEEF.

Sorry you feel that way THRIFTY,

i played a challenge by the RULES period.

i don't play PB or MM and have no plans to play either in the feature, however i will be very very  happy to see an LP member win either regardless of how they win

different strokes for different folks ( some feel Maddogs challenge is waist of time, other feels its fun ) it was fun for me and i plan on participating again !

Thanks to all the members who posted congratulations / support

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8359 Posts
                      Posted: June 14, 2014, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

BASILIO did not win the Powerball Lottery Jackpot. BASILIO posted a group of worthless numbers instead of posting the winning combination.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/276777/2 

Maddogs challenges for powerball and mega work on the princapal of wheeling the numbers.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                        NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11975 Posts
                        Posted: June 14, 2014, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Maddogs challenges for powerball and mega work on the princapal of wheeling the numbers.

"Powerball with 5/59 + 1/35 matrix has over 175 million combinations. Basilio picked 12 whiteballs and 3 powerballs narrowing down the winning numbers to 2,376 combinations. A very impressive feat in my book." By Whiteballz

I would never spend $4,752 to play a 2,376 combinations Powerball wheel.

I am not that desperate to win a lottery jackpot.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8359 Posts
                          Posted: June 14, 2014, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

"Powerball with 5/59 + 1/35 matrix has over 175 million combinations. Basilio picked 12 whiteballs and 3 powerballs narrowing down the winning numbers to 2,376 combinations. A very impressive feat in my book." By Whiteballz

I would never spend $4,752 to play a 2,376 combinations Powerball wheel.

I am not that desperate to win a lottery jackpot.

nobody asked you too anyone can wheel numbers on however many tickets they can afford to buy

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                            mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                            upstate NY
                            United States
                            Member #108791
                            March 31, 2011
                            549 Posts
                            Posted: June 14, 2014, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

What's with the change of heart, Thrifty?  Even you congratulated Basilio on his good work.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/276777/3647701

I think I know what the problem is.  Thrifty's just mad because HIS challenge threads are being ignored.  His fixation on "well, he didn't come up with 10 combinations" comes from the fact that the terms of his challenges are that you produce 10 combinations.

Get over it, Thrifty.

EDIT:  Ah, rcbbuckeye beat me to it.  The point stands, though.

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11975 Posts
                              Posted: June 14, 2014, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Sorry you feel that way THRIFTY,

i played a challenge by the RULES period.

i don't play PB or MM and have no plans to play either in the feature, however i will be very very  happy to see an LP member win either regardless of how they win

different strokes for different folks ( some feel Maddogs challenge is waist of time, other feels its fun ) it was fun for me and i plan on participating again !

Thanks to all the members who posted congratulations / support

BASILIO, You did a great job by catching the Powerball winning combination within your group of 12 Powerball numbers with 3 Power Balls, but you did not post the winning combination.