Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Well, that did not take long for Cali to get back in the game

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 2 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1713 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2014, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

I don't know, I'm getting tired of the same places winning.  It would not be so bad if it read, 1 ca.  1 new york 1 Arizona or Oregon and so on.  But, 2 or 3 in the same location so many times or back to back wins.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1131 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2014, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

What happens when example,  Cali gets in the Monoploy millionaires game?  The Top prize was won in New York and 15 code numbers were selected from Cali or another high populated state.  mmmmmmmmmmmm

It's probably futile to say this. But according to internal documents (stuff not accessible to the public), MUSL estimates that New York will have the most Millionaires' Club winners when the top prize is hit (about 3 with 20 prizes available). This is pre-CA* of course but lo and behold, guess who has the highest MC sales? New York. So even the lottery knows that a jurisdiction with higher sales has a higher chance of winner(s). Imagine that.

If you're tired of other places winning all the time, then move there and then you can complain how other neighborhoods win all the time. Green laugh

*P.S. CA will have their funky pari-mutuel rules for this game after all, which means 15 winners there probably won't mean exactly 15 prizes of $1 million.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
      Member #145267
      August 1, 2013
      1713 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2014, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

People should not have to move! May-be it should say on the lottery page: Note, places that have the most players will have the most wins.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4145 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2014, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I don't know why it bothers you that people are winning from the " same" States... It's not the SAME people who are taking home the jackpots- therein lies the difference.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3857 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

It's probably futile to say this. But according to internal documents (stuff not accessible to the public), MUSL estimates that New York will have the most Millionaires' Club winners when the top prize is hit (about 3 with 20 prizes available). This is pre-CA* of course but lo and behold, guess who has the highest MC sales? New York. So even the lottery knows that a jurisdiction with higher sales has a higher chance of winner(s). Imagine that.

If you're tired of other places winning all the time, then move there and then you can complain how other neighborhoods win all the time. Green laugh

*P.S. CA will have their funky pari-mutuel rules for this game after all, which means 15 winners there probably won't mean exactly 15 prizes of $1 million.

Green laughYea, here in south Jerzee I like to complain how all the winners are sold in north Joisey.

In particular the heavily populated counties, Bergen Hudson and Essex which are closest to NYC. LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #104962
            January 23, 2011
            1075 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2014, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Come on lottery CEO, make your lottery games more random so it does not matter how many players you have in one state.  Oh, I see you too New York, and New Jersey.

Mega million wins:  Second tier winners, 2 California, 2 New Jersey and 1 in New York

I Agree!

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #104962
              January 23, 2011
              1075 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2014, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

People should not have to move! May-be it should say on the lottery page: Note, places that have the most players will have the most wins.

The lottery page contradicts its self.  It can't and won't ever come out and say that, otherwise they'd lose money.

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #104962
                January 23, 2011
                1075 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2014, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

I don't know why it bothers you that people are winning from the " same" States... It's not the SAME people who are taking home the jackpots- therein lies the difference.

It doesn't matter if it is not the same people,  the problem lies with the SAME state getting the wins all the time!  Yes I know a state isn't a person, however, a person lives in a state. 

So again, the problem lies with the same state getting the wins, why don't you get that some people are tired of it?

Trump 2016!

United States
                  Member #160170
                  October 20, 2014
                  30 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2014, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Are you also mad at the people who spend over $100 and win more than your $5 buy? Must be unfair that spending more also gets you to win more lower tiered prizes.

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #104962
                    January 23, 2011
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2014, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Are you also mad at the people who spend over $100 and win more than your $5 buy? Must be unfair that spending more also gets you to win more lower tiered prizes.

Who are you replying to?

Trump 2016!

United States
                      Member #145267
                      August 1, 2013
                      1713 Posts
                      Posted: November 1, 2014, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I don't get it, somebody told you that if you spend $100 that you will get more than someone that spent $5 ?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19900 Posts
                        Posted: November 1, 2014, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

One of the most memorable lines from the movie " Guardians of the Galaxy" was when Peter Quill looked at his " buddies" and said...

"When l look around, all l see is a bunch of losers....I mean folks who have lost something!"

What have you lost jjprince- apart from your sanity?

"What have you lost jjprince- apart from your sanity?"

You can't lose what you never had.

You can win unless you play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10390 Posts
                          Posted: November 1, 2014, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Incredible, whining about where a jackpot is won is bad enough, but whining about where 5 and 0 prizes are won is absolutely pathetic.

Dictionary.com:

1. verb
                          to complain, especially chronically.

noun 
                          Also, kvetcher. a person who kvetches.

It is far too easy to kvetch and not offer an informed solution.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

California
                            United States
                            Member #141204
                            April 7, 2013
                            280 Posts
                            Posted: November 1, 2014, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

don't waste your breathe. I've been trying to convince these yahoos for weeks that the states that buy the most tickets have a greater chance of winning due to the fact they have more number combinations covered but it's like talking to a brick wall.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4145 Posts
                              Posted: November 1, 2014, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't matter if it is not the same people,  the problem lies with the SAME state getting the wins all the time!  Yes I know a state isn't a person, however, a person lives in a state. 

So again, the problem lies with the same state getting the wins, why don't you get that some people are tired of it?

You wrong, it's not the States that pick the winners, it's persons choosing the correct numbers. If you somehow feel that there is mischief afoot, then by all means check your own numbers and "if" they match the numbers of the folk who are claiming they are winners from either CA,NJ,FL,NY and you are being left out of the winner's circle, then by all means you have a legitimate case..if not- you chasing smoke.

l hate to break this to you but the lottery is one place where you can be deemed a certifiable loser on a daily or weekly basis ...so my advice to you is- live with it.Sleepy

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.