Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Well, that did not take long for Cali to get back in the game

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 2 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2014, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

don't waste your breathe. I've been trying to convince these yahoos for weeks that the states that buy the most tickets have a greater chance of winning due to the fact they have more number combinations covered but it's like talking to a brick wall.

As someone once said...

" Your central nervous system is functioning normally, but we " Yahoos" are picking up some degradation in your neural pathways"..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7344 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2014, 1:42 am - IP Logged

It's probably futile to say this. But according to internal documents (stuff not accessible to the public), MUSL estimates that New York will have the most Millionaires' Club winners when the top prize is hit (about 3 with 20 prizes available). This is pre-CA* of course but lo and behold, guess who has the highest MC sales? New York. So even the lottery knows that a jurisdiction with higher sales has a higher chance of winner(s). Imagine that.

If you're tired of other places winning all the time, then move there and then you can complain how other neighborhoods win all the time. Green laugh

*P.S. CA will have their funky pari-mutuel rules for this game after all, which means 15 winners there probably won't mean exactly 15 prizes of $1 million.

"If you're tired of other places winning all the time, then move there and then you can complain how other neighborhoods win all the time."

The people who live in Virgin Island are lucky if they get a 3 + 1 or 4 + 0 match and you never hear them complaining. Maybe it's because they understand the odds and know it's unlikely to get a jackpot win or a five number match when all the players combined bought 11,620 tickets.

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3502 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2014, 1:42 am - IP Logged

People should not have to move! May-be it should say on the lottery page: Note, places that have the most players will have the most wins.

" May-be it should say on the lottery page: Note, places that have the most players will have the most wins."

The people who aren't too stupid to be flummoxed by junior high probability understand that without having to be told. It's simple common sense that should be evident to everybody with a room temperature IQ.

California
        United States
        Member #141204
        April 7, 2013
        280 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2014, 2:06 am - IP Logged

" May-be it should say on the lottery page: Note, places that have the most players will have the most wins."

The people who aren't too stupid to be flummoxed by junior high probability understand that without having to be told. It's simple common sense that should be evident to everybody with a room temperature IQ.

Green laugh

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #104962
          January 23, 2011
          1075 Posts
          Posted: November 2, 2014, 11:12 am - IP Logged

So it really has nothing to do with luck, it is technically, location location location.

Trump 2016!

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3502 Posts
            Posted: November 2, 2014, 11:55 am - IP Logged

So it really has nothing to do with luck, it is technically, location location location.

I'd try to explain it to you in a way that you'd understand, but I'm pretty sure that's impossible

Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #104962
              January 23, 2011
              1075 Posts
              Posted: November 2, 2014, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

I'd try to explain it to you in a way that you'd understand, but I'm pretty sure that's impossible

I'd try to explain it to you why a certain state always wins, in a way you would understand, but I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

Trump 2016!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: November 3, 2014, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Your lack of originality isn't surprising.

California always wins, huh?

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=47217

And no, they didn't fabricate the entire page just because you'd show up sometime.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #104962
                  January 23, 2011
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: November 3, 2014, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Your lack of originality isn't surprising.

California always wins, huh?

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=47217

And no, they didn't fabricate the entire page just because you'd show up sometime.

Your lack of reading comprehension isn't surprising, I didn't mention california in the post above yours.

You seem to always believe what you're told, if you don't like what I have to say, BLOCK ME!

Trump 2016!

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3502 Posts
                    Posted: November 3, 2014, 10:49 am - IP Logged

I'd try to explain it to you why a certain state always wins, in a way you would understand, but I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

Of course it's impossible. You're wrong, and you don't have the ability to present a cogent argument.

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10392 Posts
                      Posted: November 3, 2014, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Your lack of reading comprehension isn't surprising, I didn't mention california in the post above yours.

You seem to always believe what you're told, if you don't like what I have to say, BLOCK ME!

You mention it every post, maybe you don't know what your own sig says.

At one point you did say California always wins.......I posted the Winners Gallery from the MM site because there are a lot of Non-CA, NY, NJs on there......... Michigan, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, etc.....

I think you were taught revisionist history and are trying to apply it to the lotto.

There area lot of people on this board with a lot of knowledge and when you say something asinine you're going to get criticized for it, deal with it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #128790
                        June 2, 2012
                        5431 Posts
                        Posted: November 3, 2014, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I just read somewhere that most automobile accidents occur within 5 miles from where you live. You may want to move to another location many miles away.

Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #104962
                          January 23, 2011
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: November 3, 2014, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

You mention it every post, maybe you don't know what your own sig says.

At one point you did say California always wins.......I posted the Winners Gallery from the MM site because there are a lot of Non-CA, NY, NJs on there......... Michigan, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, etc.....

I think you were taught revisionist history and are trying to apply it to the lotto.

There area lot of people on this board with a lot of knowledge and when you say something asinine you're going to get criticized for it, deal with it.

I really don't think you and your pals know anything, all you want is me to do is conform, and stop being suspicious.   If the lottery was truly random, then the same annoying state wouldn't keep winning! If that is so hard for you to understand that some thing may just not be right,  don't try to insult my intelligence, because you can't handle the lottery may possibly be crooked, if you want to be a fool and throw your money away, and come and spin excuses for why the same state always wins, you're going to get criticized for it, deal with it.

Trump 2016!

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10392 Posts
                            Posted: November 3, 2014, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Since nothing will convince you that other states do win it's very obvious that deep down inside you want California to win so you can bitch and moan some more.

Lep

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                              TX
                              United States
                              Member #121193
                              January 4, 2012
                              1637 Posts
                              Posted: November 4, 2014, 6:23 am - IP Logged

Since nothing will convince you that other states do win it's very obvious that deep down inside you want California to win so you can bitch and moan some more.

Green laugh