Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Programmer Who Does It For Pick 4

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 2 years ago by MonEl.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Duchess69's avatar - Lottery-051.jpg

United States
Member #109074
April 5, 2011
3529 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2014, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

This was a good question ,but im so busy Ill get back with you soon with what i need... thanks for your time

Keep smiling  keep Sun Smiley knowing you can't always count on me forsure that's what friends are for.....

mmx1's avatar - 8ball

Canada
    Member #90040
    April 20, 2010
    473 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2014, 5:11 am - IP Logged

Wanted to ask you if you could create a program that calculates skips for each of the Pick 4 sets.

I uploaded 2 Text files.  Text file 1 is the list of all the Pick 4 Permutations going across.  See box.com link below

Inside the folder are 2 Excel files.  The P3StateDraws.xlsm and Pick4Hits.xlsm which is unfinished.

The 2nd text file is a draw history of all the Pick 4 draws in the order they were drawn for every state including Canadian Pick 4 and Puerto Rico.  There are over 50,000 draws.

In the screen shot below is a short list of the Pick 4 Permutations starting with the Quads in cell D2 through D11, then the Trips in cell D12 etc.  all the way down to the 24-Ways.

In cell AC2 is the current skip for the Quad 000.  Using the "All States" draw history of 51,000 past draws.  The skips for the permutation 0001 0010 0100 and 1000 starting in cell AC12 is skip 3453 for 0001, 387 for 0010, 4053 for 0100, and 45,469 for 1000.

Once I have all the skips I want to take the minimum skip for that permutation.  In this example, 0001,0010,0100,1000.  Skips 3453,387,4053,45469 which the minimum skip for the 4 sets is 387.

If this is too much of an undertaking I totally understand.

Calculating this in Excel is possible but takes to darn long.

Thanks,

Steve

https://app.box.com/s/tdj75u50s3qjtc8k0naj

Pick 4 Example

The requested test is now available at LottoMark com under "Extras / Personal analyser" tab.

Jut paste your data on the left, select one of the radio buttons: Singles,  Doubles, TwoDoubles, Triples, Quads, wait a bit if you have thousands of combinations and you'll see your analysis on the right side very soon.

It tests 55,000 combos in 40 sec. Singles (5040 permutations).

If retesting too many combos you'd better click on the navigation tab again.

This is a first version. It needs some monitoring and code adjustments.

Good luck!

GA
      United States
      Member #158157
      August 13, 2014
      99 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2014, 8:25 am - IP Logged

does anyone have a pick 4 wheeling tool software they can inbox me? im trying to find one which o could put lets say 5000 straights and it tells me the other 5000 straights that are not in the one i imputed.

thanks.

mmx1's avatar - 8ball

Canada
        Member #90040
        April 20, 2010
        473 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2014, 1:59 am - IP Logged

does anyone have a pick 4 wheeling tool software they can inbox me? im trying to find one which o could put lets say 5000 straights and it tells me the other 5000 straights that are not in the one i imputed.

thanks.

Pick4gen at LottoMark com has this feature built in.

Just follow steps from the picture and instructions from the program.This way program will extract your combinations from the the original full P4 wheel (10,000 combos) and show the rest in the red panel.

If you want to reduce either blue or red combos, just click Add blue or Add red set to green panel, generate or paste your combos to yellow panel and Filter it again.

Opposite way would be pasting your combos into green panel then generating a wheel to find any wheel combos in yours and show them in the blue panel (and showing the rest in the red panel).

pick4gen_2

United States
          Member #41846
          June 23, 2006
          460 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2014, 8:58 am - IP Logged

mrprogrammer I don't understand.  programmer=magician correct? 

people can give you some vague information or random thought and you turn it into a finished program with a simple wave of your magic wand. 

you don't need to bother yourself with worrisome details, like what form is the raw data in, where is it located, what do you want to see as a output,  what processing needs to be done to arrive at an output. 

lots of luck to you, and infinite patience.

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
            Member #146028
            August 22, 2013
            842 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2014, 10:58 am - IP Logged

mrprogrammer I don't understand.  programmer=magician correct? 

people can give you some vague information or random thought and you turn it into a finished program with a simple wave of your magic wand. 

you don't need to bother yourself with worrisome details, like what form is the raw data in, where is it located, what do you want to see as a output,  what processing needs to be done to arrive at an output. 

lots of luck to you, and infinite patience.

BEWARE of the programmer (magician) using a form of misdirection in an attempt to divert attention away from his true intent in that you must reveal to him exactly what you're doing (your workout) so that he can HELP ??  you in programming the input.......VERY CLEVER !

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

mmx1's avatar - 8ball

Canada
              Member #90040
              April 20, 2010
              473 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2014, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

BEWARE of the programmer (magician) using a form of misdirection in an attempt to divert attention away from his true intent in that you must reveal to him exactly what you're doing (your workout) so that he can HELP ??  you in programming the input.......VERY CLEVER !

What one should be aware of?

Of giving a little bit to get a lot? You'd better die than tell the doctor anything?

A good programmer could save you hours and days of manual or excel work.

This nice intention should be precious and encouraged instead of being ticketed as possible fraud.

He has to work hard and spend a lot of time to make someone's life easier.

Be aware that a good lotto programmer the most likely has your problem already solved or built in his programs.

Programmer gets many ideas on the go when coding. It's very likely that your idea was one he has already worked on.

What is your suggestion?

Don't give anything away as others may benefit from it, but take everything good guys are giving for free?

United States
                Member #116344
                September 8, 2011
                3928 Posts
                Posted: December 3, 2014, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Some folks by nature  are distrustful, but a sound skepticism  is a good thing. A good programmer does not need a data(he has it already), all he needs is very well thought  CONCEPT. When I tell a programmer to build a predictive method based on say ' linear regression, confidence interval or univariate to multivariate' concepts, he should be able to do it if he understands those concepts. The programmer knows the matrix of the game, say P3, P4( 0,1.....9), X/N   for other games, all he has to do, is to convert or translate the concepts into predictive model. There is a difference between data analyst and a programmer, a programmer works with a concept, while the analyst interprets a data.

backwoods ga
                  United States
                  Member #155844
                  May 31, 2014
                  1896 Posts
                  Posted: December 3, 2014, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

What one should be aware of?

Of giving a little bit to get a lot? You'd better die than tell the doctor anything?

A good programmer could save you hours and days of manual or excel work.

This nice intention should be precious and encouraged instead of being ticketed as possible fraud.

He has to work hard and spend a lot of time to make someone's life easier.

Be aware that a good lotto programmer the most likely has your problem already solved or built in his programs.

Programmer gets many ideas on the go when coding. It's very likely that your idea was one he has already worked on.

What is your suggestion?

Don't give anything away as others may benefit from it, but take everything good guys are giving for free?

I believe in. You get what you pay for.

United States
                    Member #146028
                    August 22, 2013
                    842 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2014, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Some folks by nature  are distrustful, but a sound skepticism  is a good thing. A good programmer does not need a data(he has it already), all he needs is very well thought  CONCEPT. When I tell a programmer to build a predictive method based on say ' linear regression, confidence interval or univariate to multivariate' concepts, he should be able to do it if he understands those concepts. The programmer knows the matrix of the game, say P3, P4( 0,1.....9), X/N   for other games, all he has to do, is to convert or translate the concepts into predictive model. There is a difference between data analyst and a programmer, a programmer works with a concept, while the analyst interprets a data.

Thank you for your input, adobea78.......sound skepticism is in fact a good thing especially since the avenue of association in this particular case with the programmer ?? is the World Wide Web. Who's to say who you are actually sending your predictive tool (algorithm) to out there in cyberspace??

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

United States
                      Member #116344
                      September 8, 2011
                      3928 Posts
                      Posted: December 3, 2014, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for your input, adobea78.......sound skepticism is in fact a good thing especially since the avenue of association in this particular case with the programmer ?? is the World Wide Web. Who's to say who you are actually sending your predictive tool (algorithm) to out there in cyberspace??

Couple of months ago, I found out someone peddling my file on the net for $100, he had my data, not my ideal! Folks who bought  the file kept emailing me for clarification, I had to tell them to ask for reimbursement since it was free on LP-  skepticism? yes,   cynical? No !

United States
                        Member #146028
                        August 22, 2013
                        842 Posts
                        Posted: December 3, 2014, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Couple of months ago, I found out someone peddling my file on the net for $100, he had my data, not my ideal! Folks who bought  the file kept emailing me for clarification, I had to tell them to ask for reimbursement since it was free on LP-  skepticism? yes,   cynical? No !

Now that you've refreshed my memory I remember reading something about that. Wasn't yours the case where they didn't even bother to change the type or the punctuation? Just removed your name and inserted theirs as if all the work actually belonged to them.

They're out there laying in wait.......so yes, BEWARE !

United States
                          Member #116344
                          September 8, 2011
                          3928 Posts
                          Posted: December 3, 2014, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Now that you've refreshed my memory I remember reading something about that. Wasn't yours the case where they didn't even bother to change the type or the punctuation? Just removed your name and inserted theirs as if all the work actually belonged to them.

They're out there laying in wait.......so yes, BEWARE !

Yes, he forgot to change the file name ' adobea charts', brazenly bold and stupid on his part! I think the system forum should be changed to concept forum, this will prevent ' vultures' hovering around. Has it occurred to you why the Math forum has little responses on any given topic?

mmx1's avatar - 8ball

Canada
                            Member #90040
                            April 20, 2010
                            473 Posts
                            Posted: December 3, 2014, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

When I tell a programmer to build a predictive method based on say ' linear regression, confidence interval or univariate to multivariate' concepts, he should be able to do it if he understands those concepts.

adobea78  I don't understand most of your terms and abbreviations and I see most of others don't.

Your education may be above ours, but that doesn't have a significant value here if we don't understand you.

It would be better if you use publicly understandable terms if you really want others understand what you're talking about.

all he has to do, is to convert or translate the concepts into predictive model

"all he has to do" is do a complete work and invent a system or tools where you can test your concept and do your analysis.

If the programmer work is a minor part of complete work and a "concept inventor" is so smart why he is not smart to learn programming

and do everything by himself?

There is a difference between data analyst and a programmer, a programmer works with a concept, while the analyst interprets a data.

There is a difference, a programmer makes a car and analyst drives that car.

OhioDiva's avatar - lady narrisa.png
                              Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #161551
                              December 3, 2014
                              358 Posts
                              Posted: December 3, 2014, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Me too. I've been following for a while non member until today….. Welcome!

O