Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Programmer Who Does It For Pick 4

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 2 years ago by MonEl.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116344
September 8, 2011
3919 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2014, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

When I tell a programmer to build a predictive method based on say ' linear regression, confidence interval or univariate to multivariate' concepts, he should be able to do it if he understands those concepts.

adobea78  I don't understand most of your terms and abbreviations and I see most of others don't.

Your education may be above ours, but that doesn't have a significant value here if we don't understand you.

It would be better if you use publicly understandable terms if you really want others understand what you're talking about.

all he has to do, is to convert or translate the concepts into predictive model

"all he has to do" is do a complete work and invent a system or tools where you can test your concept and do your analysis.

If the programmer work is a minor part of complete work and a "concept inventor" is so smart why he is not smart to learn programming

and do everything by himself?

There is a difference between data analyst and a programmer, a programmer works with a concept, while the analyst interprets a data.

There is a difference, a programmer makes a car and analyst drives that car.

mmx1, before you open up and share your ideals with someone, you have to build a relation, then trust, the web is suitable for sharing GENERAL info. I  don't mind paying a programmer $1000 to translate my ideal into usable tool  if my ideal is protected and safe with him. 

Now to the understandable terms, I don't think the concept of ' linear regression or multivariate' is new to any software programmer, for example, the digits of P3 games starts with a known variable say x and ends with unknown variable y in a random setting, so asking  a programmer to write algorithm or code for  x to y is not far-fetched, sure , he may need information from me in building/writing the code(like the choice of parameters, triggers, ect), not  numerical data(P3 has the data as  0123456789).

NB> Lottery software or programmes are mostly organizing tools for  data not predictive methods.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1655 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2014, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

When I tell a programmer to build a predictive method based on say ' linear regression, confidence interval or univariate to multivariate' concepts, he should be able to do it if he understands those concepts.

adobea78  I don't understand most of your terms and abbreviations and I see most of others don't.

Your education may be above ours, but that doesn't have a significant value here if we don't understand you.

It would be better if you use publicly understandable terms if you really want others understand what you're talking about.

all he has to do, is to convert or translate the concepts into predictive model

"all he has to do" is do a complete work and invent a system or tools where you can test your concept and do your analysis.

If the programmer work is a minor part of complete work and a "concept inventor" is so smart why he is not smart to learn programming

and do everything by himself?

There is a difference between data analyst and a programmer, a programmer works with a concept, while the analyst interprets a data.

There is a difference, a programmer makes a car and analyst drives that car.

Yes, mmx, that's "all he has to do."

Sounds simple to anyone who has never searched 1.2 megs of code trying to find that one little bug. Or stretched their brain turning specific ideas into code.

And sometimes people present incomplete ideas or don't know exactly what they want. The programmer has to fill in the blanks.

Sometimes the programmer can't get there from here and has to derive other data. Most often it's necessary to have a baseline to compare new data too.

Sometimes the initial output is short of the overall idea and you have to go another step and another and another.

Then when the program is finished you're expected to assist in learning it, support it, and make additional changes.

"Hello World" is one thing, but a program that brings a specific ideas to life, well, that's quite another.

However, I do agree before you hand over an idea to anyone who is looking for ideas to program you should know a bit about that person, what he has done, if he is capable of producing what you need, etc., and know who is going to own the program once it is finished.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
      Member #146028
      August 22, 2013
      842 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2014, 6:28 am - IP Logged

mmx1, before you open up and share your ideals with someone, you have to build a relation, then trust, the web is suitable for sharing GENERAL info. I  don't mind paying a programmer $1000 to translate my ideal into usable tool  if my ideal is protected and safe with him. 

Now to the understandable terms, I don't think the concept of ' linear regression or multivariate' is new to any software programmer, for example, the digits of P3 games starts with a known variable say x and ends with unknown variable y in a random setting, so asking  a programmer to write algorithm or code for  x to y is not far-fetched, sure , he may need information from me in building/writing the code(like the choice of parameters, triggers, ect), not  numerical data(P3 has the data as  0123456789).

NB> Lottery software or programmes are mostly organizing tools for  data not predictive methods.

Since you are releasing proprietary information to the programmer I don't think a signed affidavit of some form would be considered out of order. You've got to protect your invention !

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

MrProgrammer's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
        Member #161388
        November 28, 2014
        83 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2014, 9:14 am - IP Logged

Very good thoughts everyone, I am enjoying reading them.  A decent programmer would not object to a confidentiality agreement in doing work.  I would say if you are that confident that the information / idea that you have is that good, then by all means ask a programmer to sign a confidentiality agreement.  If they refuse, don't use them.  But sometimes when the idea is just an early potential idea, then what?  Things are not always clear on what to do, but trust is always important, I agree.  A big topic in the news lately also, trust.

As for some of the other comments, yes "all he has to do" is not always a simple thing for sure.  And yes, concepts and rules are what we need, not data, I agree.  Data is the last thing I need.  Cool

MrProgrammer  Cool

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
          Member #146028
          August 22, 2013
          842 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2014, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Very good thoughts everyone, I am enjoying reading them.  A decent programmer would not object to a confidentiality agreement in doing work.  I would say if you are that confident that the information / idea that you have is that good, then by all means ask a programmer to sign a confidentiality agreement.  If they refuse, don't use them.  But sometimes when the idea is just an early potential idea, then what?  Things are not always clear on what to do, but trust is always important, I agree.  A big topic in the news lately also, trust.

As for some of the other comments, yes "all he has to do" is not always a simple thing for sure.  And yes, concepts and rules are what we need, not data, I agree.  Data is the last thing I need.  Cool

I hope you understand that I was not picking on you or any other programmer for that matter, but if the developer of a "winning system" has to reveal the methodology of a lifetime of dedicated trial and error something has to be put in place to protect it.

There's an ad currently running here on the Lottery Post featuring the likeness of Albert Einstein. The ad reads something like this: "PATENT YOUR INVENTION *before somebody else does." 

No P.T. Barnum funny business here !

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
            LAS VEGAS
            United States
            Member #47729
            November 22, 2006
            4492 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2014, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

MrProgrammer

Mail For YouThank You in advance

Eddessa+Kinght

United States
              Member #161388
              November 28, 2014
              83 Posts
              Posted: December 7, 2014, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I got it, proceed.

MrProgrammer  Cool

United States
                Member #161388
                November 28, 2014
                83 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2014, 10:41 am - IP Logged

I mean I got your first PM, asking me to reply via PM to confirm I can get your PM so you can post your question in the forum.  I did not receive any further PM that that one.  No need for me to reply via PM to confirm I can see forum posts, I can.  So I meant proceed to post your question in the forum as you said you wanted to do, I will check your last posts to find it.  I will check for the next few days, if you post it later than that, just let me know.  Thanks.

MrProgrammer  Cool

LAS VEGAS
                  United States
                  Member #47729
                  November 22, 2006
                  4492 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2014, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

G'd Day MrProgrammer

First non trick question, with all your professional programming experience + Keno expertise: Can there be a predictive computation, methodology, etc to "virtually" capture a single number using a data base of say 1000 keno PP games (not each & every time, mind you, but above the odds at approx 90%)

Thanks in advance......

Good Weekend Wishes

Eddessa_Knight Sun Smiley

PS-

Not to be rude, but Is there a way to communicate with you off LP or on PM ???

United States
                    Member #132100
                    August 26, 2012
                    1076 Posts
                    Posted: December 12, 2014, 12:30 am - IP Logged

G'd Day MrProgrammer

First non trick question, with all your professional programming experience + Keno expertise: Can there be a predictive computation, methodology, etc to "virtually" capture a single number using a data base of say 1000 keno PP games (not each & every time, mind you, but above the odds at approx 90%)

Thanks in advance......

Good Weekend Wishes

PS-

Because I put the stuff on a picture uploaded to ImageShack we can't now see my original prediction, cause after so long ago Image Shack deleted my images, but we still have this:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/201409/1442843

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/201409/1443206

I know that it is not exactly what you asked about.

United States
                      Member #132100
                      August 26, 2012
                      1076 Posts
                      Posted: December 12, 2014, 1:23 am - IP Logged

G'd Day MrProgrammer

Thanks in advance......

Good Weekend Wishes

PS-

I used to get 1 key digit often, but here I got:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/203017/1459680

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/203017/1459678

United States
                        Member #161388
                        November 28, 2014
                        83 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2014, 7:00 am - IP Logged

G'd Day MrProgrammer

Thanks in advance......

Good Weekend Wishes

PS-

No Eddessa.  Too many tricks.  Move on.

MrProgrammer  Cool

LAS VEGAS
                          United States
                          Member #47729
                          November 22, 2006
                          4492 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2014, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Because I put the stuff on a picture uploaded to ImageShack we can't now see my original prediction, cause after so long ago Image Shack deleted my images, but we still have this:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/201409/1442843

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/201409/1443206

I know that it is not exactly what you asked about.

MonEI, thank for your earnest & informative reponse with your links demonstrating past prediction cuccess

Do understand that there is no actual point of certainty owing to the Heisenberg Effect, etc

Werner Heisenberg was a German theoretical physicist was a quantim forerunner saying that an event did not exist unless witnessed & when observed the event becomes changed

But having said that it is possible to sttatistically  capture virtual points of certainty to 90% & be positive.

MonEI, do you have programming & computation skills???

Good Weekend Wishes
                          Eddessa_Knight

PS
                          You are welcomed to reply to my PM addy

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                            Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1655 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2014, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

No Eddessa.  Too many tricks.  Move on.

Was interested in seeing you respond to this question.

After reading and considering, I hoped it wasn't a trick question; but given the circumstances and conditions, this endeavor is doomed to fail. Not that it is a trick question, only that the poster has a preconceived notion of probable, possible, and virtual degree of certainty.

As Einstein said, "As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Pick'em's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                              Plano
                              United States
                              Member #12225
                              March 8, 2005
                              25 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2014, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm a glad that you decided to join Lottery Post. What kind of software do you use to program in? I live in Texas, and the Pick 3 use to be easy to win, now that they added the two extra draws, it threw my set of numbers off. I use several Lottery Programs for the pick 3 there are two that I use more than the others and they are pretty good. If you could program something that can predict what numbers follow certain numbers, that would be AWESOME. At the end of every year, I make me a Pick 3 Lottery Book. I print out all the numbers that hit in 2013, 2012, 2011 and so on. I found that there is a pattern with certain numbers that follow each other in the Texas Pick 3 Lottery.