Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball is kicking it up-10 millionaires were made tonight!!.

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 2 years ago by maringoman.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: February 8, 2015, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

11 second prize winners from 8 different States. Just the way I like it. Hopefully by Valentine's day, we shall see 1/2 a billy jackpot and that should ignite the feeding frenzy. Everybody will have a happy Valentine, so plan ahead. I know I'm gonna enjoy it.

Even California lottery managed to pay its two 5+0 winners more than $1M. This is good very good. I'm still hoping to be a 5+0 winner (with PP of course Naughty )

That money's gone fo ever

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4111 Posts
    Posted: February 8, 2015, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Even California lottery managed to pay its two 5+0 winners more than $1M. This is good very good. I'm still hoping to be a 5+0 winner (with PP of course Naughty )

Yeah that is wonderful News. I have always said that when many people win, it increases the joy of playing. Three or four way split for Wednesday, that's my personal opinion... Which is not shared by many, but hey.....

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2015, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Yeah that is wonderful News. I have always said that when many people win, it increases the joy of playing. Three or four way split for Wednesday, that's my personal opinion... Which is not shared by many, but hey.....

We have descendants of senator McCarthy in LP and they will call you a communist if you continue to wish for a split jackpot. But l hear what you're saying and if my ticket happens to be among 2 or 3 top prize winners I will still do cartwheels and backflips in uncontrollable excitement LOL

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
        Member #141034
        April 2, 2013
        1410 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2015, 8:19 am - IP Logged

37 newly minted millionaires in one night. I'm speechless. Congrats to all the winners.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2015, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

37 newly minted millionaires in one night. I'm speechless. Congrats to all the winners.

That is really nice even if I didn't win anything myself.

There has been 98 second prize winners since the beginning of this year. The coming changes will ensure we will never see such numbers. It's going to be like Beggar Millions where weeks go by before we see a single second prize winner. But they'll lie and say the changes will make the game better. I won't believe them.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3475 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2015, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

"37 newly minted millionaires in one night. "

That sounds like a lot for one drawing, but wait until the Monopoly Millionaire's Club starts.

What? Oh. Never mind.

SammyJoe10's avatar - disney37
              Middle of Nowhere NC
              United States
              Member #151289
              January 12, 2014
              428 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2015, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

"37 newly minted millionaires in one night. "

That sounds like a lot for one drawing, but wait until the Monopoly Millionaire's Club starts.

What? Oh. Never mind.

The sad part about MMC is that two million dollar prizes remain unclaimed from the Nov 7th drawing. Why do people play these games and not check their tickets? Those prizes will probably remain unclaimed and end up expired! Unhappy

Congrats to the all of the winners. The NC winning ticket was bought two hours away from me. If only it was me! Disapprove

37 new millionaires is a wonderful thing. I would've liked to have seen the jackpot keep rolling. Imagine how many millionaires there would have been it if had! Maybe next time...........

Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2015, 9:24 am - IP Logged

There were 7 seconds place prize winners last night. The 2 California winners won only $147,642 each. That must hurt like Hell.  No Nod

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2015, 9:27 am - IP Logged

There were 7 seconds place prize winners last night. The 2 California winners won only $147,642 each. That must hurt like Hell.  No Nod

I agree. I mean $140,000 is better than nothing, but to find out everyone else won a million and that's all you get would kind of suck.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4111 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2015, 9:42 am - IP Logged

I agree. I mean $140,000 is better than nothing, but to find out everyone else won a million and that's all you get would kind of suck.

California dances to another tune TSC- There are times when California pays out more than 2 million for 2nd place winners. Its rare but it happens.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2015, 10:28 am - IP Logged

True

I wonder whether California players get to know before the draw what the second prize amounts will be. If I lived there, that information would influence my decision to play out not to play.