Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For those who complain about what states win

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4783 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2015, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I always buy my PB or a rare MM ticket in DC. I had no idea DC was so far down on the list in terms of winners and players. But in DC you can claim via a trust. Now I am leaning towards buying one in VA on occasion.

J'aime La France.

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Ft. Washington, MD
    United States
    Member #159267
    September 20, 2014
    123 Posts
    Posted: January 30, 2015, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

"i only buy tickets in MD or VA becuz they have fared better."

Does buying in MD or VA give you a better chance than buying a ticket with the same combination in DC? If you buy your ticket in MD or VA do your chances of winning go down if somebody else plays the same combination in DC?

i am just saying i feel a lot better getting my tickets from VA and MD after i reviewed the stats. DC only seems to have a jp winner once every ten years and a 2nd tier winner once  or twice every 3 yrs.  Would you feel comfortable buying jp ticks there? DC from my observation is really a pick 3 and 4 town. It is their bread and butter games. From talking to a lot of folks here they dislike the jp games.. in my experience

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3471 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2015, 1:28 am - IP Logged

"Would you feel comfortable buying jp ticks there?"

If it was strictly about how many previous winners there were, sure. Winning is determined by the numbers on the ticket and not where it's bought.

The only sensible reasons to buy in a particular state are where you happen to be, and if you can be anonymous. If I happen to be passing through MD and the jackpot is above my threshold I'll play there since I could be anonymous if I were to win. That would mean paying MD income taxes, but as a NY resident that wouldn't increase  my taxes. OTOH if I lived in PA, winning in MD would mean paying almost 6% tax that I wouldn't have to pay if I won in PA. For tomorrow night's PB that would mean that being anonymous would cost about $11 million.

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Ft. Washington, MD
        United States
        Member #159267
        September 20, 2014
        123 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2015, 2:34 am - IP Logged

"Would you feel comfortable buying jp ticks there?"

If it was strictly about how many previous winners there were, sure. Winning is determined by the numbers on the ticket and not where it's bought.

The only sensible reasons to buy in a particular state are where you happen to be, and if you can be anonymous. If I happen to be passing through MD and the jackpot is above my threshold I'll play there since I could be anonymous if I were to win. That would mean paying MD income taxes, but as a NY resident that wouldn't increase  my taxes. OTOH if I lived in PA, winning in MD would mean paying almost 6% tax that I wouldn't have to pay if I won in PA. For tomorrow night's PB that would mean that being anonymous would cost about $11 million.

Winning is determined by the numbers on the ticket and not where it's bought. 

Now in a perfect world i would like to believe that is how it should work. But looking at the stats, i couldn't help but notice the correlation btwn small states and big states and how much they contribute to musl influencing the outcome of winners. Just like give five demonstrated. The facts he presented made sense. Just look at how many small states haven't had any winners yet. Texas is a big state and should have just as many winners as the other top three bigs, but i doesn't because its sales track record is dismal.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2015, 3:11 am - IP Logged

I read the posts in these threads and always have to wonder why people play the lottery if they really believe the incredibly wrong thoughts they have about it.

KY Floyd's post was great and shows why we see the results we do, but people are too ignorant to face the facts. I mean really, these people have to be reaching Guinness World Record levels of ignorance (I'm really hoping it's ignorance and not just pure stupidity, but I haven't ruled that out).

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3685 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2015, 8:38 am - IP Logged

i am just saying i feel a lot better getting my tickets from VA and MD after i reviewed the stats. DC only seems to have a jp winner once every ten years and a 2nd tier winner once  or twice every 3 yrs.  Would you feel comfortable buying jp ticks there? DC from my observation is really a pick 3 and 4 town. It is their bread and butter games. From talking to a lot of folks here they dislike the jp games.. in my experience

While I agree that DC is primarily a Pick 3 and 4 town, one could argue that it's a Pick 3 and 4 world

That's just a function of the easier odds.  I've talked with many diehard lottery players in NYC. They want/like to see a few bucks come back to them.  Pick 3 makes that happen for them, so they play it every day.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #104962
              January 23, 2011
              1075 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2015, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Wow CT and LM I watch you two wage a war of words with pickone4me. Y'all got a personal vendatta with him\her LOL LOL

Yep pretty much, right on the money.

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #104962
                January 23, 2011
                1075 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2015, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Nope.

It just gets old when someone is constantly saying, "Someone won the PB / MM jackpot and it wasn't me, boo hoo boo hoo" and tries to camouflage it by blaming other states.

As has been said here, people win jackpots, states don't. 

As an interesting and ironic side note, pickone4me has complained about places winning too often and in his state, Wisconsin, there's a town called Fond du Lac which sold so many winners that the stores selling them were called the "Miracle Mile." You can look that up right here on LP.

pickone4 me will now post and claim not to play MM or PB but methinks he doest protest too much.

Speaking of getting old,  your personal attacks and attempted flame wars are getting old, as you try to camouflage your anger of not winning and losing your money, you take your frustration's out on me. 

As an interesting side note, you haven't bothered to check the miracle mile website, as it has reported only 3 WINS in 2014!! 

Yes, people win jackpots, however most people aren't stateless, or between states. 

You can spin all you want to ridicule me,  I am not going to simply change my view on something because someone is too scared to discuss it,  and labels it a conspiracy theory, or calling someone a conspiracy theorist to get everyone to back down.  Once those words are said, said subject should be further scrutinized.

Trump 2016!

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                  TX
                  United States
                  Member #121193
                  January 4, 2012
                  1637 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2015, 10:10 am - IP Logged

I think I can help ya with the belief that certain states  always win...... Why don't you contact a friend or relative or other LP player in one of those states that always seem to win more than others, have them buy you a ticket for that draw or better yet buy you an advanced draw ticket for 5 or 10 future draws, that way you will be assured of having a chance. That should defeat the "certain states win" and further prove the theory.

The only bad side to this,..what if the people know that the tickets being purchased are for someone who isn't from  that certain winning state ??

We haven't had luck down my way with the PB or MM, so I am not recommending someone ask me to buy them but I am always willing to help a fellow LP'er out. 

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #104962
                    January 23, 2011
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2015, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I think I can help ya with the belief that certain states  always win...... Why don't you contact a friend or relative or other LP player in one of those states that always seem to win more than others, have them buy you a ticket for that draw or better yet buy you an advanced draw ticket for 5 or 10 future draws, that way you will be assured of having a chance. That should defeat the "certain states win" and further prove the theory.

The only bad side to this,..what if the people know that the tickets being purchased are for someone who isn't from  that certain winning state ??

We haven't had luck down my way with the PB or MM, so I am not recommending someone ask me to buy them but I am always willing to help a fellow LP'er out. 

Sounds real good,  however, I DON'T play MM or PB!

Trump 2016!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4102 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2015, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Sounds real good,  however, I DON'T play MM or PB!

Well why are you here then..what is your purpose in telling others that you " do not play either Mega Millions or Powerball? 

Which raises another question- why do folks have to " notice" that you do not play either jackpot, what is the method to your madness?

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10344 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2015, 10:45 am - IP Logged

pickone4me,

You have the originality of a rock ape. I don't get angry about not wining, there is not a bet in all of the gambling world that the player is supposed to win.

You also really lack any consistent thought. When first directed to the MM website winner's gallery you commented it was all a lie. Now that you've seen PB winners by state you vent in a different direction.

If you truly don't play PB or MM why are you so upset about who wins and where?

I don't know if you're in Milwaukee or not, but if you're not and someone wins a jackpot in Milwaukee do you complain about it? And if so and you said, "Well that's where the population is", that would be an absolute classic.
                        Green laugh

Here's a tip for you, with paranoia you'll never have to dine alone.
                        Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4102 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2015, 10:55 am - IP Logged

Pick- l am not saying you have no right to be here since this is a discussion Forum, l just think that at times you confused as to where you are. Thats all...

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

California
                            United States
                            Member #141204
                            April 7, 2013
                            280 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2015, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Speaking of getting old,  your personal attacks and attempted flame wars are getting old, as you try to camouflage your anger of not winning and losing your money, you take your frustration's out on me. 

As an interesting side note, you haven't bothered to check the miracle mile website, as it has reported only 3 WINS in 2014!! 

Yes, people win jackpots, however most people aren't stateless, or between states. 

You can spin all you want to ridicule me,  I am not going to simply change my view on something because someone is too scared to discuss it,  and labels it a conspiracy theory, or calling someone a conspiracy theorist to get everyone to back down.  Once those words are said, said subject should be further scrutinized.

You are a conspiracy theorist because you spout off conspiracy theories.  All someone needs to do is look at your posting history and find all the proof they need to see you are a conspiracy theorist.

Just as an example, when someone asked you how the lottery drawings are rigged in favor of California, your response and I quote,

"The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again."pickone4me

original sourcehttp://www.lotterypost.com/thread/280858/4

You make a bold claim that MUSL is using computerized lottery terminals in order to rig the lottery in favor of California and you offer zero proof.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and yet you offer no evidence to support your claim.

That is just one of your many many unsupported conspiracy theories. If I had to dig up all your old posts where you claim conspiracy theory I would be here all day. I have no idea why anyone would think you have a shred of credibility left on Lottery Post.

Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #104962
                              January 23, 2011
                              1075 Posts
                              Posted: January 31, 2015, 11:08 am - IP Logged

You are a conspiracy theorist because you spout off conspiracy theories.  All someone needs to do is look at your posting history and find all the proof they need to see you are a conspiracy theorist.

Just as an example, when someone asked you how the lottery drawings are rigged in favor of California, your response and I quote,

"The computerized lottery terminals,  if it doesn't match any 6 numbers in california,  they let it roll again."pickone4me

original sourcehttp://www.lotterypost.com/thread/280858/4

You make a bold claim that MUSL is using computerized lottery terminals in order to rig the lottery in favor of California and you offer zero proof.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and yet you offer no evidence to support your claim.

That is just one of your many many unsupported conspiracy theories. If I had to dig up all your old posts where you claim conspiracy theory I would be here all day. I have no idea why anyone would think you have a shred of credibility left on Lottery Post.

Speaking of bold  Go read your comment at the last page at the very bottom at this link http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/282649/2   and Bug off!

Trump 2016!