Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For those who complain about what states win

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
Wisconsin
United States
Member #104962
January 23, 2011
1075 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2015, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Well why are you here then..what is your purpose in telling others that you " do not play either Mega Millions or Powerball? 

Which raises another question- why do folks have to " notice" that you do not play either jackpot, what is the method to your madness?

LOL! So I have no right to be here unless I am playing PB or MM?  Why do you think I have to make notice?  I keep on getting accused of playing when I DON'T!  Why is this so hard for some of you to understand?

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #104962
    January 23, 2011
    1075 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2015, 11:17 am - IP Logged

pickone4me,

You have the originality of a rock ape. I don't get angry about not wining, there is not a bet in all of the gambling world that the player is supposed to win.

You also really lack any consistent thought. When first directed to the MM website winner's gallery you commented it was all a lie. Now that you've seen PB winners by state you vent in a different direction.

If you truly don't play PB or MM why are you so upset about who wins and where?

I don't know if you're in Milwaukee or not, but if you're not and someone wins a jackpot in Milwaukee do you complain about it? And if so and you said, "Well that's where the population is", that would be an absolute classic.
    Green laugh

Here's a tip for you, with paranoia you'll never have to dine alone.
    Wink

You have the originality of a liberal.  You get all pissy and annoyed and start hurling insults when people question MM and PB wins.  The winners pages on both the PB and MM speak volumes,  quite a bit of states ( people in those states ) haven't won a jackpot from either in 3 plus years!  Yet you want to convince me that everyone has an equal chance of winning....That is classic!  Your paranoia that I maybe right just bugs you!  With that paranoia you'll never be aloneJester Laugh

Trump 2016!

California
      United States
      Member #141204
      April 7, 2013
      280 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2015, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Speaking of bold  Go read your comment at the last page at the very bottom at this link http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/282649/2   and Bug off!

You want me to bug off???? LOL

Who do you think you are the owner of Lottery Post? There is absolutely nothing you can do to me. Face it, I'm here to stay.

Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #104962
        January 23, 2011
        1075 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2015, 11:23 am - IP Logged

You want me to bug off???? LOL

Who do you think you are the owner of Lottery Post? There is absolutely nothing you can do to me. Face it, I'm here to stay.

Hey hypocrite You wanted to get your 2 cents in.  Now you can go back and read your abusive previous responses to me.  Go read them from the beginning http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/282649

Trump 2016!

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
          nc
          United States
          Member #99520
          October 26, 2010
          375 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2015, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Back to the original purpose of this thread:  Coin Toss, thank you for posting those statistics of states and winners.  If you do a statistical analysis of the proportion of winners to payers in each state you will find that each state has roughly the same percentage of winners give or take a couple if percent points.  Which state gets the big winners, is chosen by who has the winning numbers on their ticket.  The balls are not connected to a computer. 

Since each ticket has the same chZnce of winning, it doesn't matter where it us bought. Now if you have an emotional attachment to a store, a city, a state, by all means buy there. I chose where I by that single ticket by where I am when I think about it. Most of the time, it is in another state, since gas is cheaper there.

Good luck to all who play. To those who don't play,  or don't win, may you not be jealous of those who do!  Have a wonderful day, everyone!

California
            United States
            Member #141204
            April 7, 2013
            280 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2015, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Back to the original purpose of this thread:  Coin Toss, thank you for posting those statistics of states and winners.  If you do a statistical analysis of the proportion of winners to payers in each state you will find that each state has roughly the same percentage of winners give or take a couple if percent points.  Which state gets the big winners, is chosen by who has the winning numbers on their ticket.  The balls are not connected to a computer. 

Since each ticket has the same chZnce of winning, it doesn't matter where it us bought. Now if you have an emotional attachment to a store, a city, a state, by all means buy there. I chose where I by that single ticket by where I am when I think about it. Most of the time, it is in another state, since gas is cheaper there.

Good luck to all who play. To those who don't play,  or don't win, may you not be jealous of those who do!  Have a wonderful day, everyone!

zinniagirl  you are the voice of reason once again. Thumbs Up

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2015, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Sorry Pick ole boy/girl,

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on your next to the last statement

, "Your paranoia that I maybe right just bugs you".
              See, he's not paranoid about you being correct...he just thinks your theory is gormless.  Oh I know we have the right to free speech and posting ideas. Usually as adults when we start stating something about an idea it  comes along with facts that take precedence and yes I know there are people who just talk and spread BS just to hear them selves talk. They have a thought or have "heard it from someone" so it MUST BE TRUE. Do I trust all of our publicly elected officials ??? ..FUDGE NO !!! That doesn't mean they are all corrupt or the system is.

Do certain states win more than others ?? OH sure, but that doesn't directly link to cheating/scandal/deception. Those are ideas by a few who tend not to trust the current system......Could the system be manipulated ?...well, perhaps it could be a minuscule scale?  Let's just  say for sh*ts n giggles,"maybe it is"...BUT you are going to have many layers of corruption and guess what ? TOO MANY People in this country today can't shut their "effing mouths" when it comes to money,family matters, sexcapades and especially bringing someone/something big, down. Examples: water boarding,movie star scandals(eyeroll), CIA cover ups, Area 51,secret service scandals,general stupid gossip etc. etc..I could go on and on.............But I won't

Here's the deal for me.............why hasn't some disgruntled member of the Multi state lottery commission who's either retired or voluntarily left or seen a memo, written a book about it, posted it on Facebook or just went to a member of the lamestream media with a tell-all, pay attention to me statement???

Either they are being paid handsomely to keep quiet(insert other idea) ORRR the drawings are legit..... Most of us leave it to being legit and the odds of winning<----- undeniable fact.....Do I know someone who has won a jackpot from  gaming/lotteries ?.....surrre do, even worked with em. Was this persons name publicly displayed ?..Yeup....
              While nobody needs to believe me, I know it as fact. Where I buy my lotto tix,my fav cashier won $50K on a $5 scratcher....Did I see her scratch it off ? Nope, but she showed other cashiers in the store the ticket, so I tend to believe that it is true... Did I go with her to our lottery office and watch her fill out the paperwork and get the check ? noooooope !!! sure didn't..but I tend to believe it happened versus it was a lie and there's deception going on with her story.
              I have spouted on long enough...just my TWENTY 2 cents worth....Have good luck should you choose to play a lottery today.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3501 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2015, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Winning is determined by the numbers on the ticket and not where it's bought. 

Now in a perfect world i would like to believe that is how it should work. But looking at the stats, i couldn't help but notice the correlation btwn small states and big states and how much they contribute to musl influencing the outcome of winners. Just like give five demonstrated. The facts he presented made sense. Just look at how many small states haven't had any winners yet. Texas is a big state and should have just as many winners as the other top three bigs, but i doesn't because its sales track record is dismal.

"Texas is a big state and should have just as many winners as the other top three bigs, but i doesn't because its sales track record is dismal."

Let me make sure I understand you correctly.
                1. You think that Texas doesn't have as many winners because they don't sell as many tickets as other states with large populations, and
                2. You think that Texas should have as many winners even though they don't sell as many tickets as other states with large populations.

Is that correct?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2015, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

pickone4me,

You're calling me a liberal? Ridiculous. You're the one who has all the hallmarks of a liberal.
                  Your lack of creativity shines right through when someone says something and you attempt to reverse it and make them look guilty of it. Really pathetic.

Like I said, if you don't play MM or PB why are you so upset about who wins it and where they are from?

When first told to go to the MM winner's gallery you wouldn't even look at it, now it's an education. What a Clown.  Another trait of a liberal and pathological liar, you forget what you said and don't expect anyone else to remember.

104 drawings or a year, depending on what the first day of the year is, 8 to 15 jackpots paid a year per game, and you are shocked that people from some states haven't won in three years?

I really have to know, if you were living in California, NY, NJ or FL what would you blame it on then? It's always a Publix in Little Havana that sells the winners?
                  No Pity!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #104962
                    January 23, 2011
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2015, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Look through these http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_stories.asp  http://www.megamillions.com/jackpot-history

Tell me which states people haven't won in for a few years.  If some of you can't and won't get the picture that people will always win in certain states,  that ain't my problem it is yours.  The proof is in the above links to PB and MM

Trump 2016!

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Ft. Washington, MD
                      United States
                      Member #159267
                      September 20, 2014
                      123 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2015, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

"Texas is a big state and should have just as many winners as the other top three bigs, but i doesn't because its sales track record is dismal."

Let me make sure I understand you correctly.
                      1. You think that Texas doesn't have as many winners because they don't sell as many tickets as other states with large populations, and
                      2. You think that Texas should have as many winners even though they don't sell as many tickets as other states with large populations.

Is that correct?

To number 1 yes correct   

To nbr 2 NO  i meant to say that Texas should have had a lot of winners IF they had a lot of tickets sold. 

But as our fellow LP er on here said TEXAS is not a big buyer of pb and mm only scratchers

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Ft. Washington, MD
                        United States
                        Member #159267
                        September 20, 2014
                        123 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2015, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Does anybody here remember the thread where it mentioned all the states and how much they contribute to MUSL.

For example : for the fiscal year 2014 California players gambled 268 million dollars to MUSL. 

There was a state by state list of facts like this.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3501 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2015, 3:07 am - IP Logged

"all the states and how much they contribute to MUSL."

You've mentioned that a couple of times. There are some minor expenses that need to be paid for, but MUSL is really just a group of individual states. Other than paying those minor expenses, states contribute to MUSL the same way you contribute to your friends when you each pay your actual cost when you eat out and everything goes on one check - you've all paid your own bills, and that's it. That $8 million from DC that you refer to was never contributed to MUSL. About half went to the DC lottery for expenses and profit and about half went to the players with winning tickets.

The only thing that determines whether or not a ticket wins is the numbers on the ticket. The only thing that determines how many winners there are in a particular state are random probability and the number of tickets sold.

For last Wednesday's drawing DC sold just over 66,000 tickets, and that was for an above average jackpot. If they sold that many tickets for every drawing they'd sell about 6.9 million tickets per year. Since there are 175 million possible combinations the chances of selling a jackpot winner in DC in one year are 6.9 million in 175 million, or 1 in 25.36. That means we should only expect a jackpot winner in DC once in 25.36 years.

If you buy one ticket your chances of winning are 1 in 175 million. Nothing anybody else does can change your chances of winning. That includes people buying  3 million tickets in some other state, or the Virgin Islands selling only 10,000 tickets.

It's not rocket science.

California
                            United States
                            Member #141204
                            April 7, 2013
                            280 Posts
                            Posted: February 3, 2015, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Does anybody here remember the thread where it mentioned all the states and how much they contribute to MUSL.

For example : for the fiscal year 2014 California players gambled 268 million dollars to MUSL. 

There was a state by state list of facts like this.

I don't know which thread you are talking about but I have a hunch for this drawing coming up on Wednesday night, CA will contribute the most money to the jackpot once again. If another state beats California in ticket sales, I'll be shocked.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10392 Posts
                              Posted: February 3, 2015, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Look through these http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_stories.asp  http://www.megamillions.com/jackpot-history

Tell me which states people haven't won in for a few years.  If some of you can't and won't get the picture that people will always win in certain states,  that ain't my problem it is yours.  The proof is in the above links to PB and MM

Pretty rich coming from someone who said the winners galleries weren't true, just something concocted to keep the truth from the players.

Why don't you just spring for the screaming sum of $2, buy a PB ticket, and stai zitto?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.