Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida snags the 80m dollar Powerball Jackpot

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 2 years ago by SilverLion.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
Jacksonville Florida
United States
Member #23018
October 6, 2005
916 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2015, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

And this win is yet another Quick Pick win. With each quick pick win, system people must be moaning...

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2015, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

And this win is yet another Quick Pick win. With each quick pick win, system people must be moaning...

I am a system player and it doesn't phase me one bit that the majority of wins come from QPs. It's all in the numbers. Just as states with a larger population of players win more often so does how players win.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
      Jacksonville Florida
      United States
      Member #23018
      October 6, 2005
      916 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2015, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I am a system player and it doesn't phase me one bit that the majority of wins come from QPs. It's all in the numbers. Just as states with a larger population of players win more often so does how players win.

Many system advocates advise against buying Quick Picks. I know several people who use their own system and say why "invest" in a quick pick when you can take that same dollar or two and put it into a number set that, according to them, "that has a better chance of paying off" based on their system. I also know one person who uses a system and will include a certain percentage of quick picks in their number selections, so not all system people are against quick picks...although a quick pick is not really a system, they see it as diversifying their number set selections, and a necessary evil. On average and in the end, it makes no difference...

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2015, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't bother me that it was won. I would really happy to win it Wednesday night.

Instant retirement!

I play every jackpot too. It's going to sting when I win anything other than the top prize because lately I'm not adding power play.

That money's gone fo ever

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5595 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2015, 8:26 am - IP Logged

Many system advocates advise against buying Quick Picks. I know several people who use their own system and say why "invest" in a quick pick when you can take that same dollar or two and put it into a number set that, according to them, "that has a better chance of paying off" based on their system. I also know one person who uses a system and will include a certain percentage of quick picks in their number selections, so not all system people are against quick picks...although a quick pick is not really a system, they see it as diversifying their number set selections, and a necessary evil. On average and in the end, it makes no difference...

If I'm playing just one line then I usually buy a QP. If I'm playing more than one line then I'll pick my own numbers because I don't want a number to repeat on multiple lines, I want to play as many numbers as I can.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5595 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2015, 8:28 am - IP Logged

I play every jackpot too. It's going to sting when I win anything other than the top prize because lately I'm not adding power play.

I always megaply, but rarely powerplay. $3 a tic is a little much because I play several other games during the week.

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2015, 8:59 am - IP Logged

You're right.  Its all in the numbers.  Its you against the matrix.  Where you live has nothing to do with winning or losing.  Its you against the matrix.

Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5595 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2015, 9:47 am - IP Logged

You're right.  Its all in the numbers.  Its you against the matrix.  Where you live has nothing to do with winning or losing.  Its you against the matrix.

Careful gasmeterguy. You keep making sense and you too will be labeled a "hater".

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                  Member #133462
                  September 30, 2012
                  5946 Posts
                  Posted: April 14, 2015, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Careful gasmeterguy. You keep making sense and you too will be labeled a "hater".

Green laugh

"Everything works  ONCE!"

homestead
                    United States
                    Member #158182
                    August 14, 2014
                    132 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2015, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Most of the people who have won The PB, MM, or their state lotteries has always been via QP. Although, it's better to use you own numbers and hope for the best, so long as those number combinations has not been drawn in the past. For those who pick their numbers and won, either they were very lucky or they have been playing the same number since the game had started.

Morrison, IL
                      United States
                      Member #4657
                      May 13, 2004
                      1884 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2015, 7:48 am - IP Logged

I think we may very well see an end to PB soon.  It takes the game way too many draws for its jackpot to be fully funded (on average, it needs seven draws without a winner), so there's too big a risk of winning underfunded jackpots for them.  The last three jackpots won were not fully funded, and in the case of the base jackpot, the total payout was even bigger than the dollar amount of sales.  Mega Millions is much more realistic, as it usually needs only two draws without a winner for its jackpots to be fully funded (although sales for that game are so in the toilet as well, that it needed three draws without a winner on this run).

---

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #165541
                        April 12, 2015
                        541 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2015, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Good point.  Quick Picks win too much.  They should be banned.  Then you will really see those jockpots roll.