Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

North Carolina powerball winner arrested

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Taurus$.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
Member #52345
May 21, 2007
2680 Posts
Posted: July 25, 2015, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Just an observation:

Many Professionals do Pot, she was not nailed with Cocaine. It's only a story because she won the Lottery and it's quite possible that she has invested the bulk of her money.She may have had this BF before she won & you don't dump someone you love simply because you now have money. Her choices may be poor at present but let's not cast stones at this woman. Perhaps she will make changes moving forward. 

Skeptical time will spin a most curious yarn from this point forward ......

but lets take a look back at a wee bit of history   and a hard bit of truth

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4146 Posts
    Posted: July 25, 2015, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Why is it always way too easy for losers like this to win?

I play HARD, play trends, work hard, never been arrested, not into drugs and I can't win Jack sh*t!  It isn't fair for real!

Oh well, when she blows all her jackpot on drugs and bail money, she'll just win another jackpot because it's way too easy for her to win.  But instead of screwing us all out of another jackpot maybe she'll end up in prison where she can't buy tickets, or will just overdose and off herself.

" For Losers like this to win"..She is Not a loser, she WON. The Losers are you & l who are seen tearing up their tickets after checking them against the results.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
      Member #165244
      March 30, 2015
      229 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2015, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Skeptical time will spin a most curious yarn from this point forward ......

but lets take a look back at a wee bit of history   and a hard bit of truth

Thanks for referencing this previous post, because seeing the comments that were posted then it is very very obvious as to why the negativity to this lady.  Too bad, she's black she won.  You didn't. Move on rather than showing your true colors and being sore losers.  Yeah she's made mistakes now and maybe had a part of living off the system ( though seem to have left out was due to her having a disabled child) but its her life her wins.  The majority of lottery winners are not black. So the majority of lottery winners who screw up their winnings are not black either.

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2015, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for referencing this previous post, because seeing the comments that were posted then it is very very obvious as to why the negativity to this lady.  Too bad, she's black she won.  You didn't. Move on rather than showing your true colors and being sore losers.  Yeah she's made mistakes now and maybe had a part of living off the system ( though seem to have left out was due to her having a disabled child) but its her life her wins.  The majority of lottery winners are not black. So the majority of lottery winners who screw up their winnings are not black either.

I was one of those people who disagreed with hearsetrax  back in spring because i felt it was unfair to speculate. Even with this knowledge of her recent arrest, i stand by what i said 5 months ago. There was nothing on that article to suggest she would waste that fortune. So the only thing left to explain the prediction of her losing the money is/was jealousy.

That money's gone fo ever

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
          TX
          United States
          Member #121193
          January 4, 2012
          1637 Posts
          Posted: July 25, 2015, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

" For Losers like this to win"..She is Not a loser, she WON. The Losers are you & l who are seen tearing up their tickets after checking them against the results.

I don't believe that JJ was referring to "winning the lottery" as much as he was to her lifestyle choices and associates current activities. But I could be wrong

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2680 Posts
            Posted: July 25, 2015, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

I was one of those people who disagreed with hearsetrax  back in spring because i felt it was unfair to speculate. Even with this knowledge of her recent arrest, i stand by what i said 5 months ago. There was nothing on that article to suggest she would waste that fortune. So the only thing left to explain the prediction of her losing the money is/was jealousy.

Skeptical me thinks you need new glasses ............

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2015, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Fun, Nobody on this site cares whether she's black(which you mentioned three times in 7 sentences), white, green,orange or sky blue pink. What we all talked about was her choices in life and what could happen if she wasn't careful. Now she's been arrested because of her lifestyle choice, which has nothing to do with skin color.
              Please take your gormlessness  elsewhere......

OH, have a nice day 
              Thumbs Up

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4146 Posts
                Posted: July 25, 2015, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe that JJ was referring to "winning the lottery" as much as he was to her lifestyle choices and associates current activities. But I could be wrong

Oh l get that, boy do l get that. My point was & still is the fact that since Miss Holmes was accustomed to a certain lifestyle long before she hit it big. To suddenly abandon friends and move in a different direction is extremely hard for some. They need to wean themselves off their former lifestyle & in many cases associates. When l first read her story, l felt good  knowing that  her one child with special needs will be well taken care of moving forward now that  her newfound wealth could ease her concerns & anxieties. I continue to believe that she can and will do right because anything is possible. We all make mistakes & hopefully she can learn from this experience.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
                  Member #143211
                  May 27, 2013
                  2020 Posts
                  Posted: July 25, 2015, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

For all that what's to know where I saw that she still lives in a trailer,  it was written in Inquisitr , goggle it .      Yes, indeed she is making poor choices and now her children might be taken from her. Let's see where she will be in a year. It's just sad.

United States
                    Member #106134
                    February 13, 2011
                    806 Posts
                    Posted: July 25, 2015, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Problem is that it's way too easy for her to win!

Why not buy more tickets instead of drugs, win more jackpots and become a billionaire.

Winners don't need to invest, all they need to do is buy more tickets and keep winning.  Are they not smart enough to realize this?

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                      Member #164603
                      March 8, 2015
                      641 Posts
                      Posted: July 25, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Well, she paid her gang member boyfriend's $3 MILLION dollar bond!

Google "Marie Holmes Dailymail" and the article comes up.

She probably used a bail bondsman and only paid 10%, that's what Linsay Lohan's multiple stints in jail have taught me.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                        Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1409 Posts
                        Posted: July 25, 2015, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

I think a lottery winner has to be careful about a lot of things, but from my reading and research (about anonymous claiming), there are four major dangers one would need to guard against:

4.  Strangers - people they don't know - out to rob them of their money.  It's rare, but it has happened.

3.  Trusting the money to shady investment firms and allowing them or someone else to have total control of the funds.

2.  The winner's family. (or even close friends)  This can be a threat that should not be taken lightly because more lottery winners have been murdered by family members than by strangers.  A huge jackpot can be a blessing, but it can also be a curse if it brings about envy and greed in one's family.  I'd also include a form of the previous one on the list in this one as well;  many people cannot say "No!" to their family (or friends), "loaning" them huge sums that will never be paid back or buying them expensive gifts such as cars and houses, or backing them in poorly thought out business schemes. 

And the number one danger:  Himself/herself.  (which is relevant to this winner) I've read about people who used some of their new-found fortune to better their life and health and that of their loved ones, but I've also read about far too many who had bad habits only magnify those bad habits with the aid of their instant wealth.  A recreational drug user who only gets high on weekends because that's all they can afford will suddenly discover they can afford to get high every day of the week, or will graduate to something harder.  Someone who drinks too much will decide they're just going to move up from rotgut vodka to that pricey top shelf stuff....and either one will ruin their health just as quickly.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5146 Posts
                          Posted: July 25, 2015, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Fun, Nobody on this site cares whether she's black(which you mentioned three times in 7 sentences), white, green,orange or sky blue pink. What we all talked about was her choices in life and what could happen if she wasn't careful. Now she's been arrested because of her lifestyle choice, which has nothing to do with skin color.
                          Please take your gormlessness  elsewhere......

OH, have a nice day 
                          Thumbs Up

We   "NEED"  more, more, much more $tuff

When U me or it (my dog pukie) hit's the BIG WON we will only buy more  $tuff >>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$

(1) cars, boats and jet a plane or two

(2) houses, furniture and more McMansion $tuff

(3) gold, silver and all that kinda bling $tuff

Everybody gona look at yoou, me or it (don't forgit pukie) and say, there goes "BIG $TUFF", they hit the lottery

for $590,000,000, but they will be broke by next week and come trying  to borrow money from me again, I bet!

Some gona think why can't I be like them that git's cause I, me or it (pukie loves $tuff) deserves the best too.

But, and we all know there is a BUTT out DARE somewhere, Psyko will be changing name to BIG $TUFF (pukie) too. 

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                            Member #142499
                            May 13, 2013
                            1201 Posts
                            Posted: July 25, 2015, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Why is it always way too easy for losers like this to win?

I play HARD, play trends, work hard, never been arrested, not into drugs and I can't win Jack sh*t!  It isn't fair for real!

Oh well, when she blows all her jackpot on drugs and bail money, she'll just win another jackpot because it's way too easy for her to win.  But instead of screwing us all out of another jackpot maybe she'll end up in prison where she can't buy tickets, or will just overdose and off herself.

You do realize this was weed, right? This wasn't crack or heroine. I have yet to hear any story where someone got so strung out on weed that they lost their home and was turning tricks to support their habit, so just dial the crazy down a tad.

In any case, since your ongoing rants have always been about how easy the jackpots are to win, then she didn't screw you out of anything. It's so easy, how can you not have gotten your cut yet? Things that make you go hmmmm.

United States
                              Member #143211
                              May 27, 2013
                              2020 Posts
                              Posted: July 25, 2015, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

You do realize this was weed, right? This wasn't crack or heroine. I have yet to hear any story where someone got so strung out on weed that they lost their home and was turning tricks to support their habit, so just dial the crazy down a tad.

In any case, since your ongoing rants have always been about how easy the jackpots are to win, then she didn't screw you out of anything. It's so easy, how can you not have gotten your cut yet? Things that make you go hmmmm.

Herion and other drugs were also found along with a gun .