Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which is better, Skill or Luck?

Topic closed. 66 replies. Last post 1 year ago by JADELottery.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Skillful Player or Feelin' Lucky?

Skill [ 26 ]  [48.15%]
Luck [ 28 ]  [51.85%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
EZMONEE's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
Pick3 Analyst
All States
United States
Member #106260
February 15, 2011
17205 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2015, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

If ur Lucky, who cares about skills!!

Type EZ$

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5118 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2015, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Cheers  Skill is a gift acquired thru study plus practice of your mental and physical ability (Psyko's defi)! Actually, can

not figure out what luck may be or may not be.....it is still a question to be answered, maby IF or when Psyko wins

a big jackpot.....MM or PB! Until then, will give myself another ten years and another $100,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sad Cheers Bet you know what my vote>>>>>>>>>>Idea 

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5591 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2015, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

I agree, gotta ask how would you describe 'lucky selling furniture' ?

In the store salespeople take turns (ups) greeting customers that come in. One up might come in just to browse, look around, then leave. Not too good. The next up that comes in might be looking pretty serious for a sofa, whatever. If the salesperson can connect with that customer, there's a good chance of a sale, or if not, that customer coming back later to buy.

It's pretty much luck in what kind of customer each salesperson might get. Tonight, I had a family that kept me going for about 2 hours. I enjoyed every bit of it, because they were serious about buying something, fun, and I like to help people. After the sale, one of them apologized for working me, telling me I was very patient. She didn't really know it's a lot better than doing nothing.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #77167
        July 15, 2009
        554 Posts
        Posted: August 4, 2015, 10:50 am - IP Logged

What about the people who have won multiple lotteries?  I think the first win gives them more money to buy more tickets and they just keep playing.  Guess that is luck too--the more tickets you buy the luckier you get.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #77167
          July 15, 2009
          554 Posts
          Posted: August 4, 2015, 10:52 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
            Happy California
            United States
            Member #157856
            August 2, 2014
            1511 Posts
            Posted: August 4, 2015, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Cool Winning the Lottery does not require talent, skill, or hard work. As written by, Don McNay. 

This has been shown by ... First time players winning hundreds of millions of dollars. 

The lottery is an equal opportunity game. It does not regard sex,race, social and financial status, age, educational attainments, location of ticket purchase, .

I agree with Sully16,  " It is all in the numbers".

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
              JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
              Member #141034
              April 2, 2013
              1408 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2015, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Luck TRUMPS Skill.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
                Member #132100
                August 26, 2012
                1076 Posts
                Posted: August 4, 2015, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

While there might be elements of luck that lead to it, it is said that those who have skill don't have it just because they were lucky, but if they have skill in a way it can be said that they are lucky, because so many people don't have skill.

---------------------------------------

If we are talking about winning jackpot prizes, most of the time those who win, win by luck and not by skill.

In other words, statistical chance or statistical probability appears to sometime(s) favor some people and I guess that we can call that luck or being lucky.

So if our goal is to win a jackpot prize, then it might be best to be "Lucky".

Because even those who are very Skill-full might never win a jackpot prize and if they ever win, there will be both and element of skill and an element of luck and the element of luck in this case would be much more important than the element of skill, because we are talking about odds that are almost impossible to overcome just by skill, most people if anybody at all, will ever have so much skill that they can win jackpot prizes at WILL.

----------

I like to say that people make their own luck, by that I mean that the more skill that you have the more lucky that you also are, so you are making your own luck.

But I still stand by what I said above about winning jackpot prizes, luck is king.

At this particular time this is my opinion, which could change or not later.

I made a mistake, I wrote:

"most people if anybody at all, will ever have so much skill that they can win jackpot prizes at WILL."

It should had been:

most people will never have so much skill that they can win jackpot prizes at WILL.

And I said most people, there might be one or a very few who could, but it is not very likely.

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Bronx, NY
                  United States
                  Member #164554
                  March 6, 2015
                  788 Posts
                  Posted: August 4, 2015, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Krypton
                    United States
                    Member #140102
                    March 11, 2013
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: August 4, 2015, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

My vote is Skill.  Here's why ... First and foremost what game(s) are we talking about?  Take the pick 3/4 when we KNOW that a 0-3-6 and/or it's mirror follows a 0 a high % of the time how us that luck

When we study, I mean TRULY study games like the power ball and KNOW that 100% of the time YES 109% of the time at least 1 back digit repeats and sometimes 3-5 hiw us that luck?

ive won too much money these past 2 years working hard, studying for hours ... I mean 60+ hours a week on the jackpot games I've never seen me win once on luck by going to the store , fill out a ticket and go la la la skip to loo all the way up to the register 

IMHO yes more folks win off of QPs and you can say they are all lucky. Why? Because they have no clue how to predict any of the numbers plus again IMHO the % of lottery jackpot winners is skewed by their statistics. I think they claim 70% of the people win off QPs....hmm....let's get 100 people in a room and split this group into two groups.  Group A buys QPs, a Group B picks their own numbers   Now we have a true % to go buy and I bet group B will win more often   The ur 70% is based off of millions of people.  So let's  say 2 million buy QPs and 100,000 pick their own numbers.   Well duh of course the QPs will have a higher percentage of winners. Let's match apples with apples

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10348 Posts
                      Posted: August 4, 2015, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

The complete statistic is 70 to 80% of ticket sales are QPs and 70 to 80% of winning tickets are QPs.

Regardless of the method of number selection when the six numbers played are the six numbers drawn it is luck.

You say 109% of the time at least 1 back digit repeats. That does not pass the SO WHAT test. We all know what 1 number pays. How is sometimes 3- 5 luck? Because you don't know when it's going to happen, it may or may not. Luck.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                        Athens
                        Greece
                        Member #133234
                        September 24, 2012
                        188 Posts
                        Posted: August 5, 2015, 4:11 am - IP Logged

It depends on whether you want the 'Golden Goose', or just an 'Egg'...

6/49 dis(assembly)

Krypton
                          United States
                          Member #140102
                          March 11, 2013
                          891 Posts
                          Posted: August 5, 2015, 5:48 am - IP Logged

The complete statistic is 70 to 80% of ticket sales are QPs and 70 to 80% of winning tickets are QPs.

Regardless of the method of number selection when the six numbers played are the six numbers drawn it is luck.

You say 109% of the time at least 1 back digit repeats. That does not pass the SO WHAT test. We all know what 1 number pays. How is sometimes 3- 5 luck? Because you don't know when it's going to happen, it may or may not. Luck.

If you study the back digits a lot of times the mirror of the sum returns   Sometimes even back to back like I said this is IMHO

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40348 Posts
                            Posted: August 5, 2015, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

luck Hyper

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                              Bronx, NY
                              United States
                              Member #164554
                              March 6, 2015
                              788 Posts
                              Posted: August 5, 2015, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

It depends on whether you want the 'Golden Goose', or just an 'Egg'...

I want the golden goose.