Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 2:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ncel - North Carolina - No Play Day - October 1St, 2015

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 1 year ago by itpmguru.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Would you be willing to participate in a proposed "No Play Day (& night)" October 1st, 2015??

Yes [ 70 ]  [86.42%]
No [ 9 ]  [11.11%]
Maybe [ 2 ]  [2.47%]
I dont play period! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 81 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
itpmguru's avatar - 42a4d4d8f2a4312fb8e253dd8f6ef251
No Man's Land
United States
Member #164139
February 19, 2015
5469 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2015, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

It is time to send a message to NCEL that we will NOT tolerate their "Less than fair" and deceptive gaming practices in the state of NC.  The past few days have seen some of the LOWEST payouts every recorded in NCEL history (based on increase in play).  In addition, we have some of the worst scratch-offs of any state where all they want to do is get your $$.

We have to take a stand NC and this is the day to send that exact message.

I won't get mad......I won't get even and NCEL will pay my bills :-)  - ITP
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23351 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2015, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure I understand what you're protesting.  North Carolina has FIXED payout amounts for various prizes in Pick 3 and Pick 4, which is the most generous way a lottery can payout these games.  It means that the lottery will payout the prize they promised -- even if they lose money on it.

So if you're protest is about Pick 3 and/or Pick 4, I definitely think there is nothing "less than fair" about the N.C. Lottery.

If the payouts were low in one particular week, then that means people were unlucky that week.  Did you also look for weeks in which the payouts were HIGHER than expected?  Because those kinds of weeks exist too.  During those weeks was the lottery TOO FAIR?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

No Man's Land
      United States
      Member #164139
      February 19, 2015
      5469 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2015, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure I understand what you're protesting.  North Carolina has FIXED payout amounts for various prizes in Pick 3 and Pick 4, which is the most generous way a lottery can payout these games.  It means that the lottery will payout the prize they promised -- even if they lose money on it.

So if you're protest is about Pick 3 and/or Pick 4, I definitely think there is nothing "less than fair" about the N.C. Lottery.

If the payouts were low in one particular week, then that means people were unlucky that week.  Did you also look for weeks in which the payouts were HIGHER than expected?  Because those kinds of weeks exist too.  During those weeks was the lottery TOO FAIR?

Not protesting the amounts paid out on a win and agree Todd it is generous, the issue is the cumulative amounts paid out per drawing. I have recently researched at least 9mos worth of NCEL payouts in P3/P4 and they are MUCH lower and "Equalized" on  daily basis across the board than comparable states (GA/SC/VA).  While these states may have can have vast differences in payouts from day to night, NCEL has been pretty consistent with a 100k (much lower recently-End of Qtr) payout on a daily basis.

All of this really started when the 1-off (1 digit off up/dn from what you have/exact order) and "Sum it up" play types were started end of 2014, beginning of 2015.  In talking with MANY older players that play everyday, and for many years,  they correlated the decline in their ability to win because they are 1-off.  This in itself has proven to be a BIG money make for NCEL as proven in these minutes.

http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/uploads/docs/commission_minutes_20150310.pdf

Ask yourselves this?  Where is he person when they show the number being drawn? There isn't one because it is taped and they pick the "Pre-draw" number that will give them the best return for that draw.  Occasionally they let a good one come out so we don't think anything of this practice.  Speaking of draws....Where are the trips that have not shown since May?  Big money maker, that is why they won't let them drop.  We have had 2 sets in "Live Draws" since May when statistically you should have 2-3 sets a month.  June/July, they ALL came out in the "Pre-draws".   Watch a video and decide for yourselves.  Notice the background is a diff color and diff pattern from what you see in the static shot with the person?  Watch it then read the previous paragraph again.

http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/video.aspx?v=Day

I post, you decide and welcome comments/feedback from others as well!

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

Caji's avatar - Jim Morrision.gif
        Wilson-Elm City
        United States
        Member #70647
        February 7, 2009
        1743 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2015, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

No wonder we loose look who Kieth Ballentine works for....."BIG OIL"----Crooks strait out the gate !

Kieth Ballentine is  v-president of Daughtridge Gas and Oil Co.

If I had the money I would run a Insta-Check on him and see what criminal activities he has been up to......

WE need some REAL PEOPLE there for these drawings. They are ALL taped and nothing is Live anymore on T.V. They all have a delay built in just like radio from 45 seconds to 2-3 mins..... This is NOT right to the players...... Pre-Draws aren't even right.......We never get to see anything but what they want us to see. The pick the lowest of the predraws and show it as live.....I bet my life on it......

"Everything is backwards,everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientist destroy truth,    major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality, and governments destroy freedoms....and, NCEL destroys our pocket books...."

" The measure of a man is his family "     Barry Gibb      "The last of the Bee-Gee's"

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23351 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2015, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

So are you saying the drawings are rigged then?  Because that that point you've completely lost me.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Clubpulse1's avatar - 1zyelco
            Raleigh, NC
            United States
            Member #130282
            July 10, 2012
            4795 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2015, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Not protesting the amounts paid out on a win and agree Todd it is generous, the issue is the cumulative amounts paid out per drawing. I have recently researched at least 9mos worth of NCEL payouts in P3/P4 and they are MUCH lower and "Equalized" on  daily basis across the board than comparable states (GA/SC/VA).  While these states may have can have vast differences in payouts from day to night, NCEL has been pretty consistent with a 100k (much lower recently-End of Qtr) payout on a daily basis.

All of this really started when the 1-off (1 digit off up/dn from what you have/exact order) and "Sum it up" play types were started end of 2014, beginning of 2015.  In talking with MANY older players that play everyday, and for many years,  they correlated the decline in their ability to win because they are 1-off.  This in itself has proven to be a BIG money make for NCEL as proven in these minutes.

http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/uploads/docs/commission_minutes_20150310.pdf

Ask yourselves this?  Where is he person when they show the number being drawn? There isn't one because it is taped and they pick the "Pre-draw" number that will give them the best return for that draw.  Occasionally they let a good one come out so we don't think anything of this practice.  Speaking of draws....Where are the trips that have not shown since May?  Big money maker, that is why they won't let them drop.  We have had 2 sets in "Live Draws" since May when statistically you should have 2-3 sets a month.  June/July, they ALL came out in the "Pre-draws".   Watch a video and decide for yourselves.  Notice the background is a diff color and diff pattern from what you see in the static shot with the person?  Watch it then read the previous paragraph again.

http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/video.aspx?v=Day

I post, you decide and welcome comments/feedback from others as well!

I Agree!
            You are absolutely correct with each draw being pre-recorded therefore there is no "live draw". It's a simulation. There are times if you tune in online for the so-called "live" draw, you can here the announcer clearly say "The first winning number is A, the second winning number is B, and the final winning number for the Pick 3 is C." The aforementioned is done during the count down leading into the actual draw that is televised. If it was a truly live draw there would not be a need for that action. I've known about this for years b/c I watch the "live" drawing online instead of on TV which comes out several minutes on a delay before it is actually aired on TV.

GOOD LUCK AND LET'S GET THIS MONEY!

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
              NC
              United States
              Member #164399
              February 28, 2015
              2018 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2015, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I agree that the taped drawings and pre draws make them suspect.....air live drawings without the pre draws!

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

JusBKahs's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                Queen City, NC
                United States
                Member #144819
                July 17, 2013
                9 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2015, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I've seen this happen as well. I think we all have that are in the viewing area for NCEL!

No Man's Land
                  United States
                  Member #164139
                  February 19, 2015
                  5469 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2015, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

So are you saying the drawings are rigged then?  Because that that point you've completely lost me.

Now that you ask, that is EXACTLY what I am saying and it is time for an investigation Thumbs Up

No Man's Land
                    United States
                    Member #164139
                    February 19, 2015
                    5469 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2015, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!
                    You are absolutely correct with each draw being pre-recorded therefore there is no "live draw". It's a simulation. There are times if you tune in online for the so-called "live" draw, you can here the announcer clearly say "The first winning number is A, the second winning number is B, and the final winning number for the Pick 3 is C." The aforementioned is done during the count down leading into the actual draw that is televised. If it was a truly live draw there would not be a need for that action. I've known about this for years b/c I watch the "live" drawing online instead of on TV which comes out several minutes on a delay before it is actually aired on TV.

Spot on ClubPulse!  I will be starting an online petition soon and once enough people sign it, plan to deliver it to the Attorney Generals office for review and asking for an investigation. 

Here is an excerpt from it regarding live draws:

1.a) Cameras: a.) 2 cameras should be used during each drawing. One static shot that shows announcer (MC) and full view of the machines during the segment , another used as a PIP (Picture-in-picture) shot of the top of the chute where the ball is captured as shown in the "SCEL" exhibit below OR b.) A single camera shot with the MC having interaction and rotating the balls as shown in the "VA Lottery" exhibit below.  Or,  SCEL: http://www.wltx.com/local/lottery/?VA Lottery: https://www.valottery.com/SearchNumbers/pick3/
                    We the people demand this change.

2.)  Pre-Drawings:  Pre-Draw machine and ball tests will be made available in the same manner as item #1, via video on the web as the day and evening draws are made available to the public via the NCEL website.
                    We the people demand this change.

3.)Pre-Drawing Info: Pre-Draws made available to the public need to include ball set and machine numbers similar to what is used in the Texas lottery as found here:http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Games/Lotto_Texas/Pre-test_Results.html

No Man's Land
                      United States
                      Member #164139
                      February 19, 2015
                      5469 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2015, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

No wonder we loose look who Kieth Ballentine works for....."BIG OIL"----Crooks strait out the gate !

Kieth Ballentine is  v-president of Daughtridge Gas and Oil Co.

If I had the money I would run a Insta-Check on him and see what criminal activities he has been up to......

WE need some REAL PEOPLE there for these drawings. They are ALL taped and nothing is Live anymore on T.V. They all have a delay built in just like radio from 45 seconds to 2-3 mins..... This is NOT right to the players...... Pre-Draws aren't even right.......We never get to see anything but what they want us to see. The pick the lowest of the predraws and show it as live.....I bet my life on it......

I Agree!  Caji and that is why this thread exists.  It would not be the first and certainly no the last time a lottery has been investigated for fraud.  Thanks for the comments from you and everyone on this thread, teh support for our NC Team players is greatly appreciated!

hardbucks's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                        statesville,n.c.
                        United States
                        Member #155933
                        June 3, 2014
                        4 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2015, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I just want to say, if you notice when the 30$ ticket came out the same day or the day before they drop 911,because they knew people

would be playing it,and they wanted them to buy them. or maybe its just me. i know they crooky,i've been playing lottery for long time

and i've never seem nothing like this. conn got 444 &5555 the same day how odd is that,ncel need awake call.

No Man's Land
                          United States
                          Member #164139
                          February 19, 2015
                          5469 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2015, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I just want to say, if you notice when the 30$ ticket came out the same day or the day before they drop 911,because they knew people

would be playing it,and they wanted them to buy them. or maybe its just me. i know they crooky,i've been playing lottery for long time

and i've never seem nothing like this. conn got 444 &5555 the same day how odd is that,ncel need awake call.

You know what, something clicked in my mind about that day's draw, but did not know what....now I see.  1st Tuesday of the month is when they released it (September 1st).  The on the second  of Sept. 2015 alone, there was over 1 MILLION paid out!  Did some more research and this has also explained why people tend to win P3/P4 during the same week of the release.  Good Callout!

Sept Tix Release9/1: First Release of a $30 ticket!

1 Sep 2015
                          Eve275SUM IT UP14

1,474 winners won a total of $130,463

Day after Sept Release: N+D = 1mil +!

Wed 2 Sep 2015
                          Day911SUM IT UP11

3,830 winners won a total of $892,520

2 Sep 2015
                          Eve188SUM IT UP17

1,224 winners won a total of $204,291

August Tix Release 8/11:  No new $20 tix, only $10 and lower

Tue 11 Aug 2015
                          Eve548SUM IT UP17

777 winners won a total of $74,134

Tue 11 Aug 2015
                          Day365SUM IT UP14

924 winners won a total of $106,296

Day after Aug Release: N+D = 1mil +!

Wed 12 Aug 2015
                          Day987SUM IT UP24

1,365 winners won a total of $154,488

Wed 12 Aug 2015
                          Eve537SUM IT UP15

1,912 winners won a total of $161,139

13 Aug 2015
                          Day118SUM IT UP10

1,344 winners won a total of $235,868

13 Aug 2015
                          Eve201SUM IT UP3

2,743 winners won a total of $311,540

Fri 14 Aug 2015
                          Day723SUM IT UP12

2,087 winners won a total of $265,172

Fri 14 Aug 2015
                          Eve717SUM IT UP15

1,361 winners won a total of $258,341

Jump back to the last trips in May: 777
                          Funny how the tix release day was within the
                          Same week 5/5

Fri 8 May 2015
                          Day777SUM IT UP21

5,033 winners won a total of $1,914,250

IN COMPARISON  - Recent:   When is the last time you
                          Saw payouts this low for DBL's?  It is because they were
                          flips and or mirrors to throw us off.

Fri 11 Sep 2015
                          Eve977SUM IT UP23

423 winners won a total of $66,329

Sat 12 Sep 2015
                          Day660SUM IT UP12

774 winners won a total of $129,553

Sat 12 Sep 2015
                          Eve940SUM IT UP13

948 winners won a total of $70,069

Sun 13 Sep 2015
                          Day719SUM IT UP17

1,339 winners won a total of $150,863

Mon 14 Sep 2015
                          Day094SUM IT UP13

640 winners won a total of $43,986

See the pattern here folks, as clear as day!!

Look it up for yourself if you like:
                          http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/pick3_past.aspx

No Man's Land
                            United States
                            Member #164139
                            February 19, 2015
                            5469 Posts
                            Posted: September 15, 2015, 8:37 am - IP Logged

NCEL Lottery Commission Meetings-
                            Want to know what the NCEL's goals are (Besides to increase revenues)? 

Last meeting, Frank Suarez (Deputy Exec. Director) was quoted as saying "New 1-off game type for Pick3/Pick4 is performing very well"......for them maybe! The 1-off game type was introduced with one thing in mind.  To generate additional revenue, so the motive is there to manipulate the games to their advantage!

So what is being discussed when they go into a close door session?  We will never know and that is what should scare you! If this lottery is for the benefit to you as tax payers and to benefit PUBLIC Education, along with the NC General Fund, then what is there to hide?

Here is a complete list of Lottery Commission meetings and minutes: 
                            http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/about_commission.aspx

HILLSBOROUGH
                              United States
                              Member #164540
                              March 6, 2015
                              386 Posts
                              Posted: September 15, 2015, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Hi, I have a LP account but I have never posted.. one day I will have the nerve. I have played NC lottery everyday since 2010. I agree with all the points itpmguru has made. There needs to be an investigation of NCEL.  I have noticed a change not only in the drawing procedure ( taping ) but the numbers that fall.  I made some comments on NCEL's facebook page about how they cheat and they banned me from their fb page and then I made a comment on their Twitter page and they banned me from their Twitter page too.  I was only alerting players to some of the things I noticed about the lottery changes--many of which itpmguru mentioned. There has been a noticeable decline in the low sums and the high sums ( the ones with the big SUM IT UP payouts )  I have tweeted messages to the Attorney General and Governor of NC but I never get a response --not even a standard rubber-stamped one. I have been a LP fan since I found this website back in 2010 and have learned a lot. When you study the lottery like these players do and like I have done these last 5 years, you know itpmguru is on point. I will tell you upfront, and with no disrespect to you Todd, that I do think the lottery is rigged. Back in 2010 on facebook, NCEL used to have a thread after each drawing about the number that was drawn and all that " liked " the NCEL page would go on there and either cheer or complain based on what came out. During periods of no triple activity, many players would get heated and complain. Sometimes there would be as many as 200 comments in the thread. Noticing all this " unrest " with lottery players, surprisingly A TRIPLE WOULD FALL WITHIN 2-3 draws. It happened more than once so I know it wasn't a fluke. You can call it coincidence all you want but that's not what we called it.  I also used to work for a lottery retailer so I've spent time with the machines.  My question is if the reason for pre-draws is to test machines, then why,on several occasions, have they claimed to have " technical difficulties " during the live draw, if they just tested the machine 3 times ?  That has happened. Being at the terminal during those days I know it happened. The terminal doesn't usually have the winning numbers til 3:20 like on the website, but there were days when the terminals wouldn't get the winning number info til after 4 or 4:30 pm. Also, why is it necessary to suspend the ability to buy a ticket for day draw a full 15 minutes before the drawing ? It seems 2:55 should be an adequate length of time for the time stamp on the lottery ticket. The tickets bought in those extra 10 minutes aren't gonna effect the outcome of the drawing, or are they ? Why do they need to stop selling tickets 15 minutes before the drawing ? These are logical questions that never get answered. Why, also, does it seem that whatever the " hot " number seems to be with players, the lottery " randomly " goes up one , down one or mirrors that number ? How is that our numbers always seem to closely resemble Virginia's numbers whose drawings are an hour before NC's   ( for day draw ) and 20 minutes for evening draw ? Last night we got 830 and VA got 820. A lot of times NC has copied them outright.  I hope I haven't broken any LP rules here but I have been quiet for so long and I can't just sit around and not comment on what I feel is being perpetrated on all NC players.    By the way, regarding the facebook comments I made earlier, NCEL suspended the threads for open discussion on drawings some time ago. They don't want to know what we think. Fact.