Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ncel - North Carolina - No Play Day - October 1St, 2015

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 1 year ago by itpmguru.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Would you be willing to participate in a proposed "No Play Day (& night)" October 1st, 2015??

Yes [ 70 ]  [86.42%]
No [ 9 ]  [11.11%]
Maybe [ 2 ]  [2.47%]
I dont play period! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 81 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2015, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Hi, I have a LP account but I have never posted.. one day I will have the nerve. I have played NC lottery everyday since 2010. I agree with all the points itpmguru has made. There needs to be an investigation of NCEL.  I have noticed a change not only in the drawing procedure ( taping ) but the numbers that fall.  I made some comments on NCEL's facebook page about how they cheat and they banned me from their fb page and then I made a comment on their Twitter page and they banned me from their Twitter page too.  I was only alerting players to some of the things I noticed about the lottery changes--many of which itpmguru mentioned. There has been a noticeable decline in the low sums and the high sums ( the ones with the big SUM IT UP payouts )  I have tweeted messages to the Attorney General and Governor of NC but I never get a response --not even a standard rubber-stamped one. I have been a LP fan since I found this website back in 2010 and have learned a lot. When you study the lottery like these players do and like I have done these last 5 years, you know itpmguru is on point. I will tell you upfront, and with no disrespect to you Todd, that I do think the lottery is rigged. Back in 2010 on facebook, NCEL used to have a thread after each drawing about the number that was drawn and all that " liked " the NCEL page would go on there and either cheer or complain based on what came out. During periods of no triple activity, many players would get heated and complain. Sometimes there would be as many as 200 comments in the thread. Noticing all this " unrest " with lottery players, surprisingly A TRIPLE WOULD FALL WITHIN 2-3 draws. It happened more than once so I know it wasn't a fluke. You can call it coincidence all you want but that's not what we called it.  I also used to work for a lottery retailer so I've spent time with the machines.  My question is if the reason for pre-draws is to test machines, then why,on several occasions, have they claimed to have " technical difficulties " during the live draw, if they just tested the machine 3 times ?  That has happened. Being at the terminal during those days I know it happened. The terminal doesn't usually have the winning numbers til 3:20 like on the website, but there were days when the terminals wouldn't get the winning number info til after 4 or 4:30 pm. Also, why is it necessary to suspend the ability to buy a ticket for day draw a full 15 minutes before the drawing ? It seems 2:55 should be an adequate length of time for the time stamp on the lottery ticket. The tickets bought in those extra 10 minutes aren't gonna effect the outcome of the drawing, or are they ? Why do they need to stop selling tickets 15 minutes before the drawing ? These are logical questions that never get answered. Why, also, does it seem that whatever the " hot " number seems to be with players, the lottery " randomly " goes up one , down one or mirrors that number ? How is that our numbers always seem to closely resemble Virginia's numbers whose drawings are an hour before NC's   ( for day draw ) and 20 minutes for evening draw ? Last night we got 830 and VA got 820. A lot of times NC has copied them outright.  I hope I haven't broken any LP rules here but I have been quiet for so long and I can't just sit around and not comment on what I feel is being perpetrated on all NC players.    By the way, regarding the facebook comments I made earlier, NCEL suspended the threads for open discussion on drawings some time ago. They don't want to know what we think. Fact.

Well, I'm glad you decided to start posting! Thumbs Up

Lottery Post never shuts down peoples' opinions just because I or anyone else disagrees with them.  So you never have to say "no offense" to me or anyone for having a different opinion.  Speak your mind!  (And don't be offended when other people with different opinions speak their minds — it's all good.)

The only thing that I ever ask is that people stay on-topic within each thread, and stay away from personal attacks.

So this thread is a great place to discuss whether or not you feel that N.C. is doing something wrong.  i.e., rigging Ponder

However, going into the N.C. monthly Pick 3 thread and posting a rant about rigging the lottery is not a good place to do it, since that thread is for discussing numbers and strategies on a daily basis for N.C. Pick 3.

If there is no open thread that you can find for the topic you want to discuss, go ahead and start one!  First pick the appropriate forum to start the thread in.  For example, for a thread about N.C. lottery drawings, you would not start the thread in the Systems or Mathematics forums.  If it's about a specific game like Pick 3, then you would start it in the Pick 3 forum (or whatever game-specific forum is appropriate).  Or, if it's about ALL games or just a general thread about the N.C. Lottery, feel free to start it in the Lottery Discussion forum.  Use your best judgment!

Best of luck, and by all means, don't let this be your last forum post! Star

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

HILLSBOROUGH
    United States
    Member #164540
    March 6, 2015
    386 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2015, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

First of all, I'd like to thank you, Todd, for welcoming me in Lottery Post -land.  Regarding my contact with NCEL on their facebook page, I had a very respectful relationship with them for years and we used to kid each other all the time so it was on a day of pure frustration on my part that I crossed the line and they banned me. I didn't accuse them of rigging the lottery necessarily but it was hinted at, I guess.  Anyway, I may begin posting someday. Currently I'm on a 85 day straight losing streak so I'm not sure I'd be of much help to anyone but as soon as I get my confidence back i.e. finally win something, I may jump in. I admire all the posters on here and have been following a bunch of them for years. Some have left but I know and am friends with a few members via facebook. Today is the 3rd  anniversary of my 999 win -- I hit 999 for $10,000 on September 15, 2012. I won $50,000 between September -December of that year so I do know some things --LOL      Anyway, I love LP and Good Luck to everyone

itpmguru's avatar - 42a4d4d8f2a4312fb8e253dd8f6ef251
      No Man's Land
      United States
      Member #164139
      February 19, 2015
      5460 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2015, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I have a LP account but I have never posted.. one day I will have the nerve. I have played NC lottery everyday since 2010. I agree with all the points itpmguru has made. There needs to be an investigation of NCEL.  I have noticed a change not only in the drawing procedure ( taping ) but the numbers that fall.  I made some comments on NCEL's facebook page about how they cheat and they banned me from their fb page and then I made a comment on their Twitter page and they banned me from their Twitter page too.  I was only alerting players to some of the things I noticed about the lottery changes--many of which itpmguru mentioned. There has been a noticeable decline in the low sums and the high sums ( the ones with the big SUM IT UP payouts )  I have tweeted messages to the Attorney General and Governor of NC but I never get a response --not even a standard rubber-stamped one. I have been a LP fan since I found this website back in 2010 and have learned a lot. When you study the lottery like these players do and like I have done these last 5 years, you know itpmguru is on point. I will tell you upfront, and with no disrespect to you Todd, that I do think the lottery is rigged. Back in 2010 on facebook, NCEL used to have a thread after each drawing about the number that was drawn and all that " liked " the NCEL page would go on there and either cheer or complain based on what came out. During periods of no triple activity, many players would get heated and complain. Sometimes there would be as many as 200 comments in the thread. Noticing all this " unrest " with lottery players, surprisingly A TRIPLE WOULD FALL WITHIN 2-3 draws. It happened more than once so I know it wasn't a fluke. You can call it coincidence all you want but that's not what we called it.  I also used to work for a lottery retailer so I've spent time with the machines.  My question is if the reason for pre-draws is to test machines, then why,on several occasions, have they claimed to have " technical difficulties " during the live draw, if they just tested the machine 3 times ?  That has happened. Being at the terminal during those days I know it happened. The terminal doesn't usually have the winning numbers til 3:20 like on the website, but there were days when the terminals wouldn't get the winning number info til after 4 or 4:30 pm. Also, why is it necessary to suspend the ability to buy a ticket for day draw a full 15 minutes before the drawing ? It seems 2:55 should be an adequate length of time for the time stamp on the lottery ticket. The tickets bought in those extra 10 minutes aren't gonna effect the outcome of the drawing, or are they ? Why do they need to stop selling tickets 15 minutes before the drawing ? These are logical questions that never get answered. Why, also, does it seem that whatever the " hot " number seems to be with players, the lottery " randomly " goes up one , down one or mirrors that number ? How is that our numbers always seem to closely resemble Virginia's numbers whose drawings are an hour before NC's   ( for day draw ) and 20 minutes for evening draw ? Last night we got 830 and VA got 820. A lot of times NC has copied them outright.  I hope I haven't broken any LP rules here but I have been quiet for so long and I can't just sit around and not comment on what I feel is being perpetrated on all NC players.    By the way, regarding the facebook comments I made earlier, NCEL suspended the threads for open discussion on drawings some time ago. They don't want to know what we think. Fact.

I second what Todd stated and glad to have you aboard Trynsohard and will be glad to see you start posting.  LP had some of the very best past and present players and am always glad to be a part of the great teams here on LP. 

I echo your thoughts above to the "T".  I have spoke with MANY veteran players that say "Things are not the same, I used to win a lot, now I can't even get a box hit a week at a time".  Then my follow-up question "Any chance this started towards the end of 2014 beginning of 2015" and they get a stunned look on their face before answering a resounding "YES!".  (Primer for people that don't know) First came sum-it-up and BIG # if a 1 or 27 sum came out, then came 1-off with lower payouts for being 1-digit off up/down but yet EXACT order. These are H-U-G-E $$ makers at $1 per each play type and the Lottery Committee has even stated this is "Working out well"

Numerology equates to Rocket Science in my book, it is NOT easy no matter what anyone might say, but research (can) pay off and anyone can learn to do it.......that is, if there is not fraudulent intentions involved.

Again, welcome, glad to have you on board and please do post in more of the threads.  Vergie6 posts a Monthly thread that you likely are already aware of, but if not, here is this months link: https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/293382/4277035   I hang out here with the rest of the Team NC family and Todd keeps me in-line (right Todd)  LOL! Thumbs Up

Please pass this thread link onto others and support October 1st as "NO PLAY DAY" so they get the hint we will not take this anymore.  Additionally, if a petition I am starting (soon) does not get any traction with Roy Cooper, I will take it to the Fed DOJ.  They have been involved in more than one incidence of this type and sure it would not be the last.

I won't get mad......I won't get even and NCEL will pay my bills :-)  - ITP
      "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

No Man's Land
        United States
        Member #164139
        February 19, 2015
        5460 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2015, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

9/15 Day - Everyone was looking for 5xx today along with x61.  They pulled a good one again today, even though I had 569 after a rather extensive WO, it still came out 1 digit off for players and resulted in an "Average" cumulative payout.  Mark my words, 5xx or x62/x29 will show up this week!  They like to "delay" what we see coming so we forget about them, then it will hit with less of a payout thn otherwise would have happened.

Tue 15 Sep 2015
        Day469SUM IT UP19

910 winners won a total of $98,224

Moral of this story?  ONLY play the week following a new ticket release.  By Mid-month, they are looking for $$ and will do anything to get it.

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

HILLSBOROUGH
          United States
          Member #164540
          March 6, 2015
          386 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2015, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I told my lottery pals about the ban. I will participate and they will too.

No Man's Land
            United States
            Member #164139
            February 19, 2015
            5460 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2015, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I told my lottery pals about the ban. I will participate and they will too.

THANK YOU for sharing this info with everyone you know that plays, it is greatly appreciated!

No Man's Land
              United States
              Member #164139
              February 19, 2015
              5460 Posts
              Posted: September 15, 2015, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

SUM-IT-UP:  Here is the "Incentive" for NCEL to ENSURE that low and high sums don't fall very often or it will cost them a bundle.  I don't know if any other that that has this type of play, but it may exist.  Yes, I understand the odds associated with sums outside of the average of 10-17, but they ensure these do not fall in the normal patterns otherwise you could pocket an extra $500 without it even being exact!

http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/pick3_sum-it-up.aspx

Sum of 3 Numbers PlayedExpected Odds
              1 in
              Prize
              50¢ Base Play
              Prize
              $1.00 Base Play
              Odds vary based on the numbers played. Odds of winning SUM IT UP range from 1 in 13 to 1 in 1,000.
              01,000$250$500
              1333$84$168
              2167$42$84
              3100$25$50
              467$17$34
              548$12$24
              636$9$18
              728$7$14
              822$6$12
              918$5$10
              1016$4$8
              1114$4$8
              1214$3$6
              1313$3$6
              1413$3$6
              1514$3$6
              1614$4$8
              1716$4$8
              1818$5$10
              1922$6$12
              2028$7$14
              2136$9$18
              2248$12$24
              2367$17$34
              24100$25$50
              25167$42$84
              26333$84$168
              271,000$250$500

No Man's Land
                United States
                Member #164139
                February 19, 2015
                5460 Posts
                Posted: September 16, 2015, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

1-Digit or one draw off  off Mid-Month??

Thought about this for a while and figured out how/why we are all 1-off mid-month Idea 
                Ever notice how we follow VA at times and then other times, we are 180 degree opposite like today (VA 572)?  The reason is they manipulate the draws so either your day numbers will come out at night or the previous day's WO will have both winners
                Like mine did yesterday:

WO Done 9/14 and both winning numbers came out 9/15:SGLS: 169 179 159 369 260 259 156 256 157 056 146 178 270 278 126 036 025 127 028 128 167 158 057 147 258 246 358 248 058 148 078 978 579 479 569 578 478 046 047 048 469 467 

The cycle is off one draw or one day possibly till the new tix are released next month on the first Tuesday Thumbs Up

NC
                  United States
                  Member #141304
                  April 10, 2013
                  1303 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2015, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

I will pass the info on to my lottery friends, this will be easy because I don't play the first seven days, at the beginning of each month

No Man's Land
                    United States
                    Member #164139
                    February 19, 2015
                    5460 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2015, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I will pass the info on to my lottery friends, this will be easy because I don't play the first seven days, at the beginning of each month

VERY much appreciated Lexus and appreciate the support!

L273's avatar - animated money-image-0064.gif
                      NC
                      United States
                      Member #138125
                      January 20, 2013
                      754 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2015, 7:36 am - IP Logged

I will participate in the NCEL lottery ban.

I agree there needs to be an investigation of NCEL.

teemoney's avatar - dude
                        Durham, Nc
                        United States
                        Member #131950
                        August 22, 2012
                        134 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2015, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I've been been saying for the last 2 yrs that NCEL has been cheating, no one commented or had really anything to say. Numbers follow numbers and certain patterns etc. Now people are beginning to see because they are clearly doing it in their faces(CHEATING OPENLY) and people are going months and months without a win. Something surely needs to be done about this? robbing the citizens of NC, hard working people to. Me personally i would like to see JAIL time for all those who is involved, a minimum of 5 yrs.

No Man's Land
                          United States
                          Member #164139
                          February 19, 2015
                          5460 Posts
                          Posted: September 17, 2015, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I've been been saying for the last 2 yrs that NCEL has been cheating, no one commented or had really anything to say. Numbers follow numbers and certain patterns etc. Now people are beginning to see because they are clearly doing it in their faces(CHEATING OPENLY) and people are going months and months without a win. Something surely needs to be done about this? robbing the citizens of NC, hard working people to. Me personally i would like to see JAIL time for all those who is involved, a minimum of 5 yrs.

You voices are heard and there will soon be a petition for everyone to sign that I will hand deliver to Raleigh or is need be DOJ in Washington.

I have NEVER seen this low of a payout for DBL's before, they are screwing with things more than ever and it is time to put a stop to it!  VA got DBL's recently and their payout was 1/2 mil because they don't cheat us like NCEL does.

17 Sep 2015
                          Day988SUM IT UP25

390 winners won a total of $61,421

No Man's Land
                            United States
                            Member #164139
                            February 19, 2015
                            5460 Posts
                            Posted: September 18, 2015, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the support L273, think it is about time for both to happen!

No Man's Land
                              United States
                              Member #164139
                              February 19, 2015
                              5460 Posts
                              Posted: September 18, 2015, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

NCEL to DOUBLE Office Space

So apparently have they grown so large that they have to DOUBLE their current office space to accommodate their operational needs after just shy of 10 years.  After yet another record setting FY 2014 (2 billion in gross sales), they have outgrown their current space and "We the people" will be funding new office space needed for their continuing efforts to extort even MORE $$ from NC players pockets, while retailers keep asking for new machines to no avail to replace aging equipment in service since 2006!  I have spoken with MANY retailers in the area that say the lottery is less than cordial about replacing and not timely when it comes to terminal repairs.

Lottery is indeed a B-I-G profit business in NC and you can read about their needed expansion here.

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/294066