Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ncel - North Carolina - No Play Day - October 1St, 2015

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 1 year ago by itpmguru.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Would you be willing to participate in a proposed "No Play Day (& night)" October 1st, 2015??

Yes [ 70 ]  [86.42%]
No [ 9 ]  [11.11%]
Maybe [ 2 ]  [2.47%]
I dont play period! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 81 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
L273's avatar - animated money-image-0064.gif
NC
United States
Member #138125
January 20, 2013
754 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2015, 11:13 am - IP Logged

No play day in full effect! (Thank goodness cash 5 was won...it might have tempted me...lol)

I had wondered if you'd get the votes here, on LP....but if you put the petition online and we posted the petition with a link to the petition website at lottery kiosks....it WOULD get the signatures.... members who would volunteer could distribute copies by placing them at kiosks in their area....just an idea....I'm sure a lot of NC lottery players are not on LP...although there are many....

Poke

No play day in full effect for me !!!

( All players please don't play )

CrazySister's avatar - bee
    NC
    United States
    Member #147481
    October 3, 2013
    1279 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2015, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

No play day is working Great for me!!!   Ready to sign the petition!!  I'm not so gullible to believe that just because the web site said 971 players won $160,175. that they really did. Dupe Alert

snapdragon's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Charlotte
      United States
      Member #111862
      June 4, 2011
      27 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2015, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

It's working for me as well; I'm not playing today, and  also planning on giving up entirely or <snip> near close to it on the scratch tickets.  I live right near the SC border, and will buy them there while filling up on the cheaper gas Wink.   After reading the minutes of their meeting, and seeing how they state that NCEL is the only lottery consistently increasing profits yearly, that speaks volumes for me.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Clubpulse1's avatar - 1zyelco
        Raleigh, NC
        United States
        Member #130282
        July 10, 2012
        4801 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2015, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

No play day is working Great for me!!!   Ready to sign the petition!!  I'm not so gullible to believe that just because the web site said 971 players won $160,175. that they really did. Dupe Alert

I Agree!
        Now you're talking my language. They always post false winnings on the website. Don't think for one minute they don't know about this "No Play Day." NCEL will do anything to discredit our efforts. Don't be surprised or upset when you see the EVE draw results.

GOOD LUCK AND LET'S GET THIS MONEY!

Clubpulse1's avatar - 1zyelco
          Raleigh, NC
          United States
          Member #130282
          July 10, 2012
          4801 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2015, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

It's working for me as well; I'm not playing today, and  also planning on giving up entirely or <snip> near close to it on the scratch tickets.  I live right near the SC border, and will buy them there while filling up on the cheaper gas Wink.   After reading the minutes of their meeting, and seeing how they state that NCEL is the only lottery consistently increasing profits yearly, that speaks volumes for me.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

I Agree!
          The reason they are increasing profits year after year is because no one is hardly winning. Yeah, you have a select few that will get $40 or $80 a day but when you do the cost benefit analysis, there are more people losing than winning and that's a fact. It's the lottery. It's designed like Atlantic City and Vegas, the House always wins. For every win there are hundreds of thousands losing. Think about it.

GOOD LUCK AND LET'S GET THIS MONEY!

itpmguru's avatar - 42a4d4d8f2a4312fb8e253dd8f6ef251
            No Man's Land
            United States
            Member #164139
            February 19, 2015
            5469 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2015, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

I could not agree more with the post's (and recent) comments posted here.  They are out for blood by trying to be a top twelve lottery in the nation, THAT in itself should tell you something.  Meanwhile, VA pays out HUGE  at times for doubles and EVEN towards the end of the month..... Example:  112 = Total Prizes Won: $518,080  When is the last time you saw this in NC after the 15th of a month?

Look for yourself and compare with VA/SC to what NC:  https://valottery.com/SearchNumbers/pick3/

I just want to say, T-H-A-N-K   Y-O-U  to everyone that has supported, posted this post!  Keep it up.

CrazySister's avatar - bee
              NC
              United States
              Member #147481
              October 3, 2013
              1279 Posts
              Posted: October 3, 2015, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Notice how the pay outs seem to have increased since the complaining about low pay outs...Just goes to show you they read this...Fake payouts!

No Man's Land
                United States
                Member #164139
                February 19, 2015
                5469 Posts
                Posted: October 3, 2015, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Notice how the pay outs seem to have increased since the complaining about low pay outs...Just goes to show you they read this...Fake payouts!

It is also beginning of the month and they know they are going to get all of it back and then some starting on the 6th when the new tix come out.  I wish they WOULD READ THIS and KNOW they are treading on thin ice with the player.  The DOJ in Washington would LOVE to investigate, fine and lock up these folks, that is after all, how US Gov.Co makes it's $$! 

Would not be the first (nor I am sure the last) time a lottery has been busted for fraud!

I won't get mad......I won't get even and NCEL will pay my bills :-)  - ITP
                "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

No Man's Land
                  United States
                  Member #164139
                  February 19, 2015
                  5469 Posts
                  Posted: October 3, 2015, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

It only lists winners though, not how many total tickets were sold.  There could still be the same/similar percentage of winners in relation to how many tickets were sold. 

Are you saying that the NCEL is only using the taped drawings that would benefit them?  You would think that a state lottery would be honest about their practices. Otherwise, it's just bad business and looks horrible for an organization that gives to much to the state and to education. 

Are you allowed to sit in on live drawings?  I believe in Ohio you can request to sit in on any drawing at any time.  We have 4 pre-draws as well.  Although, I wish the pre-draw numbers were made available, like they are in Texas.

I have no doubts about the Ohio Lottery, but all drawings are live.  I think it's mostly me not paying attention, and going in a direction with the numbers that I shouldn't have gone Bang Head   

The payouts for Ohio's Pick 3 drawings are all over the place some weeks.  I think it's just the numbers... I know for a fact there are people that know the numbers inside and out, and they know when to play them.  I only hope to be one of those some day...

=========================================== 

This is from the Ohio Lottery website.  It would be nice to get even more detailed information; how many tickets were sold of each kind, types of bets, etc.

I can't translate much of this chart below... but hey, it's a chart with a bunch of states and numbers on it Big Grin

Thanks for posting these stats Surge.  Interesting that in these meeting minutes from 12/2/15, Jamie Fuquay, "Director of Government Affairs" presented NCEL's Strategic (Long-Term) plan to: "Become a top Twelve (12) in per Cap Sales and per cap return tot he state of NC", (Out of ALL US LOTTERIES!).  Http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/uploads/docs/commission_minutes_20141202.pdf

English translation:  They will do WHATEVER IT TAKES, to make a bigger profit than ever! This would take a "Normal" US Corporation MANY, MANY, MANY years to accomplish this, but the NCEL is attempting to do this in 10 shorts years of existence.  WATCH your MONEY NCEL PLAYERS, they are gonna reach their goals NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES!

Follow up Q to you:  IF they are indeed bringing in SOOOOOOO much cash, record profits and striving to be a top twelve lottery in the NATION, then why the H#LL are our schools laying off Teachers Assistants, WHY THE H#LL are there referendums on EVERY recent (3+ years?) Mecklenburg county (November) ballot asking for 100mil+ and why the H#LL do we need fundraisers to repair our schools?!?!?  It is time to ask "WHY" this is happening NC!

PS-  Curious as to "WHY" The June 2nd, 2015 minutes have not been posted yet, I am sure they have been "Approved (And altered)" to your taste Alice!  I bet they are saying "We have a problem, because people are actually READING what we post now!"  NO EXCUSE, POST THEM NOW ALICE!

Had enough yet NC players?

No Man's Land
                    United States
                    Member #164139
                    February 19, 2015
                    5469 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2015, 1:05 am - IP Logged

What do we need to do to get this to happen here NC?  A petition  to have school staff present at the lottery drawings?  Idea After all, NCEL lottery benefits education right?  So how could they say "No!"

Check this out!  Watch the video for full details:

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/294600

snapdragon's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      Charlotte
                      United States
                      Member #111862
                      June 4, 2011
                      27 Posts
                      Posted: October 4, 2015, 5:57 am - IP Logged

NCEL seems to have forgotten that one hand washes the other.  In their striving to become the number one, how will they do this without the public?  Like someone mentioned, the schools are in great need.  Where is all the money going?  I mostly play scratch offs, so keep a close eye on them; don't want to sound like a broken record, but I notice that many end with top prizes not sold,  2nd prizes unsold and so on. This is a continued pattern; they  flood the stores with new tickets monthly, while only letting a few winning tickets out of the warehouse, even on the low end of the spectrum.   I know that like any business, money and profit is the goal, but I think the NCEL has some unethical practices going on. 

sonnet's avatar - Lottery-005.jpg

United States
                        Member #68994
                        January 3, 2009
                        1160 Posts
                        Posted: October 11, 2015, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

My two cents worth.  Do you recall what it took to get the lottery in NC thru the legislature?  I am  not willing to drive an hour and half to the state lines in VA or SC  just to play..this is GAMBLING...take your chances, if you don't like it,  don't play the state sanctioned gambling.    There is always someone who will incite with conspiracy theories  which seems to rear itself each year since the inception of the lottery in NC.  Noting also that  NCEL does not practice RNG draws, the balls still pop; of course,  there can te technical difficulties, but that is a given,in  any job one experiences technical difficulties; with the computer is that cheating?   I strongly disagree  with this  proposition.    This is my take on this item.  Arguments that propose the opposite are negated by me.  I don't believe it.   Gambling is gambling, and to date, NCEl has not been seen as a cheater. 

~s   

No Man's Land
                          United States
                          Member #164139
                          February 19, 2015
                          5469 Posts
                          Posted: October 16, 2015, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

My two cents worth.  Do you recall what it took to get the lottery in NC thru the legislature?  I am  not willing to drive an hour and half to the state lines in VA or SC  just to play..this is GAMBLING...take your chances, if you don't like it,  don't play the state sanctioned gambling.    There is always someone who will incite with conspiracy theories  which seems to rear itself each year since the inception of the lottery in NC.  Noting also that  NCEL does not practice RNG draws, the balls still pop; of course,  there can te technical difficulties, but that is a given,in  any job one experiences technical difficulties; with the computer is that cheating?   I strongly disagree  with this  proposition.    This is my take on this item.  Arguments that propose the opposite are negated by me.  I don't believe it.   Gambling is gambling, and to date, NCEl has not been seen as a cheater. 

~s   

Hi Sonnet and thanks for posting your opinion.  ALL opinions are welcomed and that is why this was started because MANY people were starting to see the inconsistencies and were looking for a way to share what they see happening.  Other items posted here by me have come out of conversations that I have had with long time veteran players that say they cannot hit anything now days like they use to. The common denominators within the past year are 1-off and sum-it-up, both new play types to generate revenue, so there has been a motive there to rig the lottery all in the name of $$.  I am NOT saying we should all be able to hit exact every night, but you cannot dispute the fact that "something changed" within the past year that make this nearly impossible to do any real consistency.

I would like to clarify one statement you made and that is concerning RNG draws. Actually NCEL DOES have an RNG for All or Nothing, which is a game I never play because indeed RNG games can be rigged easier than anything else (As evidenced by the Hot Lotto scandal). As for a "conspiracy theory", it is really just a theory when there are patterns that prove otherwise?, here is one factor that can make any experienced wonder if it is really just a theory.  Why is it that as of this posting 11/16/15, the 5 ball has NOT been seen in a day draw for 23 days?  Mathematically, that is almost impossible

In the end, I agree, it is gambling and don't play if you don't like it.  But in the end, ALL lotteries need to have integrity, honesty involved and myself and many others believe NCEL is lacking both of these all just to make more money for "education".  The education piece is another story for another time, but why are our schools always broke if the lottery is making record profits year over year?

Raleigh, NC
                            United States
                            Member #166576
                            May 28, 2015
                            517 Posts
                            Posted: October 19, 2015, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Stay away from lottery scratch cards ... long story short - and I can't get into great detail here because it would require a different  topic matter and therefore new thread, which I don't mind doing for you if you're interested in hearing it in case you didn't know - but scratch cards are not in fact random gambling or a true random lottery at all as a state run lottery would have you believe in the advertising and promotion. Just talk with an employee of G-Tech or Scientific Games, the 2 companies that make almost all of the 45 states or so lottery scratch off cards in the United States and your eyes, mouth and mind will " gag " open from the shock and anger once you find out how these scratch cards are manipulated ( at the state lottery's request - after all, they are the paying customer asking the factory to create the card for them ) during the creation and production process at the factory and so are you the buying public into thinking that you are buying a random chance when you buy one of these cards. Sort of like how ball draw games are manipulated unethically with pre-draws and set change outs, just in a different way of not exactly being truthful about it's claim of total and absolute randomness.

It all has to do with a little known mathematical concept called an " algorithm ". If you are not the brightest person in the world in higher mathematics, and I wasn't claiming to be either earlier so I decided to educate myself on this subject matter further due to interest, then you'll need to google the term - learn what it means and how state run governmental lotteries use this mathematical application in a discreet way to ensure that a scratch game never goes " bust ", that they don't lose money on a particular card game and to give you the consumer the impression that you are playing a 100 % totally random game with a chance to win the big jackpot on any purchase. The algorithm ensures that they will always make money and not lose money. In other words the purchasing public will always lose in the life of the game and the state will always earn positive revenue and not a loss. Just do it when you have some time ..... google " scratch cards lottery algorithm truth secret, etc. " , read up on it, and then go get a smart college math student to explain to you how an algorithm is used this way. Trust me, afterwards, you'll be floored if you are an ordinary Joe like me. But then again, we're talking about your state government here managing a gambling department of the government, right ? Try taking this to a lottery official at their fair tent or at their lottery offices and ask them to explain and they will do their darndest to deny, lie or change the subject rather than look you in the eye and explain how the algorithm is used in the scratch cards they sell. Would be glad to explain and talk further with you on this but out of respect for LP, I won't go any further since this would be considered different subject matter. Just thought I'd elaborate on it a bit since it was already brought up.

No Man's Land
                              United States
                              Member #164139
                              February 19, 2015
                              5469 Posts
                              Posted: October 19, 2015, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Stay away from lottery scratch cards ... long story short - and I can't get into great detail here because it would require a different  topic matter and therefore new thread, which I don't mind doing for you if you're interested in hearing it in case you didn't know - but scratch cards are not in fact random gambling or a true random lottery at all as a state run lottery would have you believe in the advertising and promotion. Just talk with an employee of G-Tech or Scientific Games, the 2 companies that make almost all of the 45 states or so lottery scratch off cards in the United States and your eyes, mouth and mind will " gag " open from the shock and anger once you find out how these scratch cards are manipulated ( at the state lottery's request - after all, they are the paying customer asking the factory to create the card for them ) during the creation and production process at the factory and so are you the buying public into thinking that you are buying a random chance when you buy one of these cards. Sort of like how ball draw games are manipulated unethically with pre-draws and set change outs, just in a different way of not exactly being truthful about it's claim of total and absolute randomness.

It all has to do with a little known mathematical concept called an " algorithm ". If you are not the brightest person in the world in higher mathematics, and I wasn't claiming to be either earlier so I decided to educate myself on this subject matter further due to interest, then you'll need to google the term - learn what it means and how state run governmental lotteries use this mathematical application in a discreet way to ensure that a scratch game never goes " bust ", that they don't lose money on a particular card game and to give you the consumer the impression that you are playing a 100 % totally random game with a chance to win the big jackpot on any purchase. The algorithm ensures that they will always make money and not lose money. In other words the purchasing public will always lose in the life of the game and the state will always earn positive revenue and not a loss. Just do it when you have some time ..... google " scratch cards lottery algorithm truth secret, etc. " , read up on it, and then go get a smart college math student to explain to you how an algorithm is used this way. Trust me, afterwards, you'll be floored if you are an ordinary Joe like me. But then again, we're talking about your state government here managing a gambling department of the government, right ? Try taking this to a lottery official at their fair tent or at their lottery offices and ask them to explain and they will do their darndest to deny, lie or change the subject rather than look you in the eye and explain how the algorithm is used in the scratch cards they sell. Would be glad to explain and talk further with you on this but out of respect for LP, I won't go any further since this would be considered different subject matter. Just thought I'd elaborate on it a bit since it was already brought up.

You are 100% correct EZ, there is a "Method to the madness" of scratch cards, especially in NC.  Unlike SC, NC likes to "Stage" the winners so they get MAX return on scratch games.  In some cases, top winners may come out of a game within 6 mos in SC and they state that very fact, while in NC it could take 2 years (20 games) before it happens, then they still pull a game even with a top winner left.  Something I found interesting and different in the latest release of the scratch tix is the fact that they released the losers first.  Usually, they will release winners first to get people playing then send out losers, was quite different this time around with the Oct release.

It is really sickening and sad just how far NCEL will go to make a buck now days.  It had gotten worse and will get worse before it is over.  My strategy?  Wait till AFTER the first Tuesday of the month, then you can start hitting "Easier" within the P3/P4 cause they will let some money go.