Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you ever embarrassed that you're not a winner yet?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 1 year ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2015, 10:04 am - IP Logged

If you're like me & have played for quite a few years, played hard, and even played trends, do you find it embarrassing that you haven't won yet?  Given the fact that there are such a large number of winners, and given the fact that it's way too easy for them, I do feel embarrassed.

One day that will change however & then I can feel proud & as if all my time & effort was worthwhile.  I will then openly proclaim myself to be the only winner that had a HARD time winning.

Even though it's extremely embarrassing not to be a winner, I will keep on & keep playing trends.

United States
    Member #161539
    December 3, 2014
    328 Posts
    Posted: October 12, 2015, 10:15 am - IP Logged

You had to bring that subject up, didn't you?

Yes, I'm embarrassed and I don't wish to talk about it !!! ... LOL

addai1516's avatar - lib
      Newyork City NY / westland michigan
      United States
      Member #93153
      June 23, 2010
      4087 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2015, 10:26 am - IP Logged

If you're like me & have played for quite a few years, played hard, and even played trends, do you find it embarrassing that you haven't won yet?  Given the fact that there are such a large number of winners, and given the fact that it's way too easy for them, I do feel embarrassed.

One day that will change however & then I can feel proud & as if all my time & effort was worthwhile.  I will then openly proclaim myself to be the only winner that had a HARD time winning.

Even though it's extremely embarrassing not to be a winner, I will keep on & keep playing trends.

which games do you play ?

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

CALI
        Afghanistan
        Member #118735
        November 6, 2011
        134 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2015, 10:37 am - IP Logged

4 years straight at a Minimum of 1000 Ticks a month and no major wins.

MOTHER <snip>ER....

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19891 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2015, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Why would I be embarrassed about buying a few lottery tickets and not winning a jackpot?  For the local 6/49 game the odds of winning a jackpot are 1:14M and although I've matched 5of6 twice for $1500 in the last few years, after paying taxes those wins only covered about half of what I spent on tickets those years.  I know if I ever do win a jackpot, it will be a lot more than I ever spent or ever plan to spend on tickets.

I also play PB and MM with odds of 1:200M for winning a jackpot and odds of 1:12M or worst of winning $1M but I'll never come close to buying that many tickets and if I ever do win a jackpot I'll know that jackpot was created by lots of players buying tickets and winning nothing and I won't be embarrassed to accept it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19891 Posts
            Posted: October 12, 2015, 11:41 am - IP Logged

MOTHER <snip>ER....

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Were those quick picks or self picks?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10388 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2015, 11:54 am - IP Logged

jj,

You're not supposed to win. The lotteries know this all too well but evidently a lot of players don't. Whenever you play a ticket consider the money gone, anything that comes back is gravy.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                Member #142777
                May 18, 2013
                263 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2015, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Hahaha!  I like the way you troll with such a serious bent to it.  Not to hot not to cold but justttttttt right!

Watching the ruffle you get out of folks in between big pots helps to keep things interesting around here! 

Keep it up my boy!  CheersBig Grin  Veganlife125

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

United States
                  Member #35335
                  March 16, 2006
                  116 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2015, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

No.  It's not embarrassing.  What is both embarrassing and shameful is watching that person at the lotto terminal with a huge stack of slips filled out, getting scratchers like they're pulling toilet paper off the roll.  I spend $1 per draw on MM.  That's it.  The odds of winning are 1:258,890,850.  Since I play twice per week, I'm bound to hit the jackpot ONCE in 129,445,425 weeks.  That's roughly 2.5 million years.  That's my plan.  If I hit, it is dumb luck, nothing more, nothing less.

United States
                    Member #35335
                    March 16, 2006
                    116 Posts
                    Posted: October 12, 2015, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

MOTHER <snip>ER....

Mother sniper!

Cheers

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      41864 Posts
                      Posted: October 12, 2015, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Oh My, JJ, my gift to you....go to u-tube look up Pink Floyd- Young Lust. enjoy.

HyperBe Happy.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4937 Posts
                        Posted: October 12, 2015, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Just when I think he has maxed out his looniness, he sets a new record. Lol

J'aime La France.

LUCKYME$'s avatar - flower2
                          Baltimore,Maryland
                          United States
                          Member #115124
                          August 14, 2011
                          1364 Posts
                          Posted: October 12, 2015, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Not Embarrassed, MAD AS HELLO N MARYLAND HOPE TO SMILE SOON.

Blue Angel

United States
                            Member #106134
                            February 13, 2011
                            806 Posts
                            Posted: October 12, 2015, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

jj,

You're not supposed to win. The lotteries know this all too well but evidently a lot of players don't. Whenever you play a ticket consider the money gone, anything that comes back is gravy.

Explain the winners & how it's way too easy for them!

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                              Member #165541
                              April 12, 2015
                              554 Posts
                              Posted: October 12, 2015, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I do feel embarassed at times.  As if my skill is lacking.  I dont like it when people tell me to quit though.  One time this guys said, "Well how can you tell what going to come out?  Its all random.  I held in my impulse to blurt out, there are trends fool!!!

I just listened and didn't argue.  He told me very informatively how options bets are a better buy then stocks.  I said thats interesting.  Then he said, but your options expire or something.  Then I thought oh boy, this guy is very self absorbed.  Very smart, but self, absorbed. 

For a guy who tracks trends, he is not too interested in others trends.