Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you ever embarrassed that you're not a winner yet?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 1 year ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #165541
April 12, 2015
541 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2015, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Explain the winners & how it's way too easy for them!

The winners follow trends.  Or faithful RNG Terminals.  Its that EASY!!!

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49615 Posts
    Posted: October 12, 2015, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

If you're like me & have played for quite a few years, played hard, and even played trends, do you find it embarrassing that you haven't won yet?  Given the fact that there are such a large number of winners, and given the fact that it's way too easy for them, I do feel embarrassed.

One day that will change however & then I can feel proud & as if all my time & effort was worthwhile.  I will then openly proclaim myself to be the only winner that had a HARD time winning.

Even though it's extremely embarrassing not to be a winner, I will keep on & keep playing trends.

People differ in many ways: One of those ways is their embarrassment threshold: That being said: What one person finds embarrassing may not be found to be embarrassing by the next person.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Illinois
      United States
      Member #159458
      September 26, 2014
      15 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2015, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I hate it when I am talking to someone and they ask what I have been up to.  I am an honest person so I tell them I have been really tracking the trends on the lottery.

Every time it is the same reaction.  The burst of laughter from the person I am talking to, followed a few seconds later by the "OMG you were serious" look.  It just gets really awkward after that.

I hate that awkward silence.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2015, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

jj,

Oh, MM and PB approx. 104 drawings a year, 12 to 15 jps paid out on average, if you think it's too easy you need to consider this:

Disinformation is intentionally false or inaccurate information that is spread deliberately. It is an act of deception and false statements to convince someone of untruth. Disinformation should not be confused with misinformation, information that is unintentionally false.

Unlike traditional propaganda techniques designed to engage emotional support, disinformation is designed to manipulate the audience at the rational level by either discrediting conflicting information or supporting false conclusions. A common disinformation tactic is to mix some truth and observation with false conclusions and lies, or to reveal part of the truth while presenting it as the whole (a limited hangout).
        - Wikipedia

Maybe you and the Silver Lion and some others here could start the LP Ministry of Disinformation.

We're still waiting for you to take that Michigan trip and win multiple jackpots.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #165541
          April 12, 2015
          541 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2015, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

jj,

Oh, MM and PB approx. 104 drawings a year, 12 to 15 jps paid out on average, if you think it's too easy you need to consider this:

Disinformation is intentionally false or inaccurate information that is spread deliberately. It is an act of deception and false statements to convince someone of untruth. Disinformation should not be confused with misinformation, information that is unintentionally false.

Unlike traditional propaganda techniques designed to engage emotional support, disinformation is designed to manipulate the audience at the rational level by either discrediting conflicting information or supporting false conclusions. A common disinformation tactic is to mix some truth and observation with false conclusions and lies, or to reveal part of the truth while presenting it as the whole (a limited hangout).
          - Wikipedia

Maybe you and the Silver Lion and some others here could start the LP Ministry of Disinformation.

We're still waiting for you to take that Michigan trip and win multiple jackpots.

Most of Coin Toss posts are also an act of deception.

Forget LP, I send all my disinformation complaints to Harry Potter.

I hear from his production network, he has access to the KRA--GLE!!!!

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
            Member #106923
            February 27, 2011
            474 Posts
            Posted: October 12, 2015, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Ummm... Embarassed Yes!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2015, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

jj,

You're not supposed to win. The lotteries know this all too well but evidently a lot of players don't. Whenever you play a ticket consider the money gone, anything that comes back is gravy.

"You're not supposed to win."

The PA Lottery paid out over $155 million in just Pick-3 prizes last year so lots of players do win. Do you have any actual examples to support your opinion?

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7295 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2015, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Most of Coin Toss posts are also an act of deception.

Forget LP, I send all my disinformation complaints to Harry Potter.

I hear from his production network, he has access to the KRA--GLE!!!!

I wouldn't go that far, but still waiting for any information of value from them.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                  Member #81314
                  October 16, 2009
                  18966 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2015, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

I was last Thursday, when other people won off a number I kept saying was coming in.

705,,, I been playing it all year, and Monday, had $5.00 on it.  Wednesday night had $20 on it.  It hit Thursday, and I had, 507 straight, didn't get jack.

I can't even explain why I played it straight, I guess I was just tired of the chase, and just marked, straight.

My cell phone was blowing up, but, I didn't want to talk about it.

It's time for me to take a break.

Good Luck.

The Struggle is real!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4102 Posts
                    Posted: October 12, 2015, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Embarrassed because you have not won yet? I certainly would not use the word " embarrassed "- why? ..because every lottery player ought to KNOW the odds going in. I happen to * think that those folk who do win then go before the cameras and say " l felt lucky, and knew l was going to hit it ".. Are simply in a state of shock, and when that happens- all kinds of words flow from their lips. Funny thing though, you never see or read of a winner saying " l almost gave up and decided to give it a my last shot ." Know what would be embarrassing- is filling out a playslip for 5 lines, you reach into your pocket and come up with $3.00- you turn to the pretty girl behind you buying a sandwich and ask her " Say, can you spare me $2.00 to cover my bet?".. Now that's embarrassing!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      Mcminnville, Oregon
                      United States
                      Member #3013
                      December 13, 2003
                      3044 Posts
                      Posted: October 12, 2015, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

The only time I felt like a loser in the lotto was when I spent $400 to win $100 on powerball because I did not powerplay the tickets that I bought.  It was the night jack whitaker won $314.9 million big ones.  Now that I only play $2 to $4 on mega millions and $3 to $6 on powerball I really enjoy the wins much more because they are so illusive.-weshar75

US Flag

CALI
                        Afghanistan
                        Member #118735
                        November 6, 2011
                        134 Posts
                        Posted: October 12, 2015, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

about 90% all Quik Piks

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10344 Posts
                          Posted: October 13, 2015, 12:42 am - IP Logged

"You're not supposed to win."

The PA Lottery paid out over $155 million in just Pick-3 prizes last year so lots of players do win. Do you have any actual examples to support your opinion?

Tell me any wager you can make that you are supposed to win, Stack.

"Lots of players do win" - I'll play your game, do you have exact numbers of how many 'lots of winners' equals?

If the PA lottery paid out $155M on Pick 3 what did they take in?

For every winner how many losers were there?

Actual examples? Are you delusional? Do you think lotteries are gift shops?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                            Texas Panhandle
                            United States
                            Member #136843
                            December 20, 2012
                            1257 Posts
                            Posted: October 13, 2015, 2:25 am - IP Logged

The only time I'm ever embarrassed concerning the lottery is when I hand my play slip to the clerk and she tries to run it but I've forgotten to check/fill in the bonus ball number or failed to select either the annuity or CV option....and I'm not all that embarrassed.

That time in the sixth grade when I stood before the class to read a funny poem I had written and had my classmates laughing hysterically only to find out my fly was open and that was the reason they were laughing....well, THAT was embarrassing.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7295 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2015, 5:04 am - IP Logged

Tell me any wager you can make that you are supposed to win, Stack.

"Lots of players do win" - I'll play your game, do you have exact numbers of how many 'lots of winners' equals?

If the PA lottery paid out $155M on Pick 3 what did they take in?

For every winner how many losers were there?

Actual examples? Are you delusional? Do you think lotteries are gift shops?

You just can't take constructive criticism can you?

"I'll play your game, do you have exact numbers of how many 'lots of winners' equals? "

Did you miss where I said the PA pick-3 game paid out over $155 million last year?

"Actual examples? Are you delusional? "

And apparently you're pretending or forgot you said "You're not supposed to win. The lotteries know this all too well but evidently a lot of players don't."

It's simple math, but you can't comprehend how it's possible SOME players actually win even after you were told how much the PA lottery paid out last year. While pick-3 payoffs are terrible, compared to other forms of gambling, 50% of the wagers are still returned to the players.