Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

8 state lottery websites + Powerball & Mega Millions sites offline

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Taurus$.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: October 24, 2015, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

From the Smart Luck site:

Remembering Gail Howard

Gail Howard Memorial

Gail Howard, the remarkable founder of Smart Luck, passed away from cancer recently. She lived a long and exciting life of 80 years, accomplished so much, and will be missed by so many. Mastering the stock market, traveling the world, helping people become millionaires, and more: Gail Howard strived to live her life to the fullest.

We would like to assure you that Smart Luck is still in good hands, and we will continue normal operations so that Gail Howard's legacy will live on as she wished. Thank you for your continued support.

Gail Howard wrote this farewell letter to her fans on September 22, 2015.

Dear Smart Luck fans,

It has been my pleasure to work with you and meet so many of you during my many years at the Smart Luck helm, but it is time for me to say farewell. I would like to say thank you to all of my fans, to those of you who have been there from the beginning and are still by my side today and also to those of you who are new to Smart Luck lottery systems.

My business, Smart Luck, will be continued through the trusted members of the Hicks family. Joe and his family built our software and website and have worked hand in hand with me for the past 25 years helping me to develop and grow Smart Luck. We are so proud of the Smart Luck products that we have created together. Rest assured that the business and our Smart Luck products will continue to grow and evolve with the same level of dedication that we have always given them. Though I may not be active in the business, Smart Luck has a strong world wide legacy and your continued participation is important.

It is you, our loyal fans, to whom we really owe our success. Without your suggestions, your support, your love and your willingness to share with us your Lottery Success Stories, we could not have made our Smart Luck products the most successful lottery systems that are used around the world today.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love and support over the years. I wish all of you the very best luck in the world using Smart Luck�not dumb luck to greatly increase your chances of achieving life-changing lottery wins.

My memoir is out, and I would love it if you would share my adventures with me:
�Born for Adventure: The World of the Sixties was My Stage (Volume 1)
�Born For Adventure: World Travel Danger and Romance in the Sixties (Volume 2)

I love you all very much and will miss you.

Gail Howard

Oh, R.I.P. Gail Howard.  There's a life of great service which, I might add, few people would understand.  Who understands Number People (but other Number People)?  I would love to read her memoir.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4111 Posts
    Posted: October 24, 2015, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Oh!  They're back up again!  Well it's about time... just in time for Saturday night.  That was quite the inconvenient down-time.  I've had to ask cashiers for winning numbers on Pick 3.

(I'm in Idaho.)

Lovely skin you have got there Clarice- All that Idaho Chinook Salmon huh?

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Idaho
      United States
      Member #76087
      June 18, 2009
      859 Posts
      Posted: October 24, 2015, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Lovely skin you have got there Clarice- All that Idaho Chinook Salmon huh?

Hey, thanks, noise-gate. Believe it or not, I don't care much for fish. 

I know... strange, huh.  Should I be spreading it on my face?

La Maga Della Spaziometria

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4111 Posts
        Posted: October 24, 2015, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Hey, you never know: Perhaps it could reverse the aging process.Of course you would be exempt from the benefits since you have so much good going for you at present. Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5124 Posts
          Posted: October 24, 2015, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

L@@K's like PR stepped-UP when they heard mike speak "PLEASE".........................Surrender

Thank You Lottery Post 4 all UR updates!

Kansas
            United States
            Member #135994
            December 1, 2012
            5 Posts
            Posted: October 24, 2015, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

From the late great state of Kansas lottery website:

The Kansas Lottery is performing computer work Oct. 22-27. We do not expect major disruptions to terminals or lottery sales, but it is possible temporary disruptions could occur.

Whatever I rarely play anymore so I really don't care....

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Ft. Washington, MD
              United States
              Member #159267
              September 20, 2014
              123 Posts
              Posted: October 24, 2015, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

The lottery code for predicting the winning JP numbers.  Sounds like a good theory to me.

(Actually, I just made it up.)  Green laugh

ROTFLMAO  Green laughBoth you and noise gate were really funny with this thing. I understood you were just trying to make sense of this whole strange situation with a sense of humor. Gail Howard's cracked code LOL oh boy. But RIP to her 

Ft. Washington, MD
                United States
                Member #159267
                September 20, 2014
                123 Posts
                Posted: October 24, 2015, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

This morning 8 state lottery websites, plus the Powerball and Mega Millions websites, are all offline.

The reason?  They are all operated by the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL), and I guess one of their servers went offline last night.

It is frankly unbelievable to me that MUSL operates so many state lottery websites (plus two major multi-state lottery sites) and apparently does not have a monitoring service and a 24/7 on-call technician to fix stuff like this when it happens.

Don't get me wrong, every single website in the history of websites has gone offline, including Lottery Post.  Even the Web's biggest sites like Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, etc., go offline on occasion.  It happens, because technology is never perfect.

For most websites, it's normally a simple matter of rebooting the "hung" server, and in a couple of minutes you're back in business.  A technician can usually do this right from home, so it's not a big deal, but it does require someone to be on-call, and it requires a monitoring service to let someone know the website is offline.

So unless there was some kind of major technology problem with no easy fix last night, people do have a right to be upset about this.  And I'm sure the 8 state lotteries, which right now are all receiving angry e-mails and calls from their state residents, are not too pleased. 

(UPDATE: It is clear that a simple server reboot will not fix whatever the problem is.  They must be experiencing a much larger technology problem.)

The important thing is that MUSL fixes whatever organizational and technology issues it has to ensure that when their servers go down, someone is ready to bring them right back up again.

The eight states affected are:

• Arkansas
                • Connectuicut
                • Idaho
                • Iowa
                • Kansas
                • Louisiana
                • North Carolina
                • Tennessee

Oh so that's why i couldn't find out all last night, about 2 hrs after the drawing ended what the results were. I was wondering what was taking so long to get the results. Destiny creation could be right the sites could've been hacked but she needs to explain her theory how would that happen.

Ft. Washington, MD
                  United States
                  Member #159267
                  September 20, 2014
                  123 Posts
                  Posted: October 25, 2015, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Your post has a two part statement- first you state " She cracked the code"- code on what, pray tell.Second : she agreed to keep this secret until her passing. Well, a poster in LP has suggested that she did pass, which has not be confirmed.Third: If the MUSL is freaking out as you say, that freakiness doesn't not seem to be affecting the majority of the other lottery playing States, it's all calm & peaceful in this neck of the woods may l add. Is  Gail alive or is she in the boneyard or urn? This is all very confusing, if you get my drift G.

NG, Gwurston, got u good with this made up joke. I am still laughing my a** off at this little exchange btwn you 2.  MUSL freaking out over 

Gail Howard's supposed cracked code OMG LOL!!!