Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Raffle Countdown

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 12 months ago by Jeopardy1941.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #161539
December 3, 2014
328 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2015, 11:02 am - IP Logged

That other thread was getting long and had several different raffle topics ... so I started a newer one.

I had not bought a ticket for a few days ... decided to get one today ... around 210,500 sold and 9 days to go.

Don't know if they will get to 300,000 ... but today is probably payday for some people so sales may be better.

If anyone cares to post where the ticket sales are currently at ...

United States
    Member #161539
    December 3, 2014
    328 Posts
    Posted: October 27, 2015, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Bought a ticket a few hours ago ... just over 252,000.

NY
      United States
      Member #167035
      June 22, 2015
      1340 Posts
      Posted: October 27, 2015, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Bought a ticket a few hours ago ... just over 252,000.

their website just says under 4 days left - why no x tickets remaining like they have done in the past

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3705 Posts
        Posted: October 27, 2015, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

their website just says under 4 days left - why no x tickets remaining like they have done in the past

I think it's because they don't want anybody to know how poor sales have been.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Pa
          United States
          Member #162117
          December 22, 2014
          85 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2015, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Missed this thread, so I copied my post from the other one from this morning..

264k sold as of this AM with 3.5 days remaining.  Averaging around 11k sold or so per day.

Pa
            United States
            Member #162117
            December 22, 2014
            85 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2015, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know why the countdown on the PA lottery website says under 2 days left to get your tickets instead of 3 days?  The drawing is Saturday night and sales stop at 8 pm.

United States
              Member #161539
              December 3, 2014
              328 Posts
              Posted: October 29, 2015, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know why the countdown on the PA lottery website says under 2 days left to get your tickets instead of 3 days?  The drawing is Saturday night and sales stop at 8 pm.

I just checked the site and they are saying "Under Two Days Left" ... at this time as I post this ... there are OVER 2 1/2 days still left before the drawing.

My thinking is a mind set thing ... get people to rush to buy tickets ... make it look like there's less time than there actually is.

I don't know why the PA Lottery is off on their "timing" for the raffle game when they are able to have the correct time for all the other lottery games.

Could it be panic at Lottery Headquarters ... I don't why there should be ... it looks like they will sell enough tickets to cover the prizes and make a small profit.

Is it that terrible that the profit margin will possibly be a little smaller and the players will have some better odds with a $20 ticket.

The PA Lottery can let players have "one game" that could be considered a real bargain for a $20 ticket price ... as long as they are not in the red.

Pa
                United States
                Member #162117
                December 22, 2014
                85 Posts
                Posted: October 29, 2015, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Coworker and I bought our last shared tickets,  just shy of 279k this am.  About 15k tickets sold in last 24 hours. Less than 2.5 days remaining in real time,  not sure how many days the PA lottery thinks remians.

Pa
                  United States
                  Member #162117
                  December 22, 2014
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: October 29, 2015, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Pa lottery site says under 1 day left and you have to scroll through their display to find the add for the raffle.

United States
                    Member #161539
                    December 3, 2014
                    328 Posts
                    Posted: October 29, 2015, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Pa lottery site says under 1 day left and you have to scroll through their display to find the add for the raffle.

I don't know but can a person buy lottery tickets 24 hours at these self-serve terminals ... or are they now shut down till tomorrow morning. The reason I ask is that last year in the winter, I would go early to Sheetz which is open 24 hrs but the lottery terminals were turned on at 6 am every morning.

If there was snow or freezing rain on the way ... I would make that early trip to be there at 6am or a few minutes before to get my tickets and head back to be off the roads.

I assumed since Sheetz is open 24 hrs but they turn the lottery machines on around 6am ... one time at 5:50am the machines were already on when I got there. So I don't know if any lottery game tickets are sold through the night. I think a Sheetz employee told me the machines are shut down at 11pm.

If they are shut down everywhere in PA through the night then I guess counting the remaining hours for raffle tickets from 6am tomorrow Friday till Friday night at 11pm and with them offline till Sat morning at 6am ... there are a lot of hours of no tickets being sold.

Maybe this is how they calculate the actual hours left for buying tickets.

Does anybody know for sure ... are lottery game tickets not for sale through the night ... say at 3am can a person buy a raffle ticket anywhere in PA?

Perhaps now in 2015, the lottery machines are on 24 hours but they weren't the last winters at the Sheetz I go to. Maybe this is a Sheetz policy to turn off the lottery machines through the night and the terminals are still working at other places.

Can anyone clear this up? I keep forgetting to ask a Sheetz employee and the roads aren't bad yet ... so I go anytime for now.

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3705 Posts
                      Posted: October 30, 2015, 7:44 am - IP Logged

I don't know but can a person buy lottery tickets 24 hours at these self-serve terminals ... or are they now shut down till tomorrow morning. The reason I ask is that last year in the winter, I would go early to Sheetz which is open 24 hrs but the lottery terminals were turned on at 6 am every morning.

If there was snow or freezing rain on the way ... I would make that early trip to be there at 6am or a few minutes before to get my tickets and head back to be off the roads.

I assumed since Sheetz is open 24 hrs but they turn the lottery machines on around 6am ... one time at 5:50am the machines were already on when I got there. So I don't know if any lottery game tickets are sold through the night. I think a Sheetz employee told me the machines are shut down at 11pm.

If they are shut down everywhere in PA through the night then I guess counting the remaining hours for raffle tickets from 6am tomorrow Friday till Friday night at 11pm and with them offline till Sat morning at 6am ... there are a lot of hours of no tickets being sold.

Maybe this is how they calculate the actual hours left for buying tickets.

Does anybody know for sure ... are lottery game tickets not for sale through the night ... say at 3am can a person buy a raffle ticket anywhere in PA?

Perhaps now in 2015, the lottery machines are on 24 hours but they weren't the last winters at the Sheetz I go to. Maybe this is a Sheetz policy to turn off the lottery machines through the night and the terminals are still working at other places.

Can anyone clear this up? I keep forgetting to ask a Sheetz employee and the roads aren't bad yet ... so I go anytime for now.

I don't know about PA, but in NY, they shut down all lottery terminals shortly before draw time.  Once the drawing is held, they turn them back on.  Any tickets purchased after they're turned back on are for the next scheduled drawing.

Because a vending machine selling tickets for online games is a lottery terminal too, I would think they'd be shut down as well.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                        Member #161539
                        December 3, 2014
                        328 Posts
                        Posted: October 30, 2015, 9:18 am - IP Logged

I don't know about PA, but in NY, they shut down all lottery terminals shortly before draw time.  Once the drawing is held, they turn them back on.  Any tickets purchased after they're turned back on are for the next scheduled drawing.

Because a vending machine selling tickets for online games is a lottery terminal too, I would think they'd be shut down as well.  G5

G5 ... are NY lottery terminals still on through the night? ... in PA they are not shut down for a drawing, a window pops up at game shut off time saying that any tickets purchased now will have tomorrow's date. It's business as usual. I think a "human terminal" prints out a ticket saying the same thing.

However, I wonder if the PA lottery system is offline through the night till 5 or 6 in the morning?

Pa
                          United States
                          Member #162117
                          December 22, 2014
                          85 Posts
                          Posted: October 30, 2015, 9:38 am - IP Logged

I never tried to buy tickets during those times,  so i cannot comment.   Maybe the third shift people will know. I will check tonight after 10 to see if the count down timer says less than 1 days remaining or less than 0 days remaining. I am guessing it is automated and will switch to an hourly count down.

Philly, PA
                            United States
                            Member #93645
                            July 4, 2010
                            27 Posts
                            Posted: October 30, 2015, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

300400 as of noon today.

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3705 Posts
                              Posted: October 30, 2015, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

G5 ... are NY lottery terminals still on through the night? ... in PA they are not shut down for a drawing, a window pops up at game shut off time saying that any tickets purchased now will have tomorrow's date. It's business as usual. I think a "human terminal" prints out a ticket saying the same thing.

However, I wonder if the PA lottery system is offline through the night till 5 or 6 in the morning?

Craze,  The short answer to your question is I dunno because I've never bought a ticket during overnite hours!

Here's the lonnnnnnnnng answer;

A few years ago, I went to buy a Sweet Million ticket.  (A NY online game that was retired in June of 2014)  SM drawings were held at approximately 9PM on Monday's and Thursday's.  It was a Monday, shortly before 9 PM, and the clerk told me that the ticket would be "good for next Thursday's drawing because the terminal is down due the fact that it's almost drawing time for SM".  I know that they also do that for Take5 drawings at about 11 PM because the T5 drawings are held daily at 11:21 PM.  (I know...11:21 PM is weird.  It has something to do with TV broadcasting of the drawing during the 11 O'clock news.)

So my guess is the terminals are back up after 11:21 PM, and that you could buy a T5 ticket in the wee hours of the morning, provided of course the store is open during those hours! 

As for vending machines that sell both online games and scratch off's, my guess is that they too are shut down right before a drawing for an online game, but I bet it would still sell you a scratch off while it was down for an online drawing.  We have vending machines here in NY that sell only scratch off's, and we also have machines that sell both online games and scratch offs.  G5