Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 3:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Raffle Countdown

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Jeopardy1941.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #167035
June 22, 2015
1340 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2015, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

don't know why they did that put it out of order

Pa
    United States
    Member #162117
    December 22, 2014
    99 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2015, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I won $100, not too bad, better than the last few years.  I will double check my losers at the scanner. If the lottery has this over the Christmas time frame, I imagine they will all sell out as it will be the "normal" time frame plus they will sell as great Christmas gifts.  Looks like you were rewarded if you played earlier in the game when it came to the million dollar prize, three of the four millionaire winners were in the first half of sales, which is in contrast to past sales. Will have to wait until December to see the locations of the winners.

NY
      United States
      Member #167035
      June 22, 2015
      1340 Posts
      Posted: October 31, 2015, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

I won $100, not too bad, better than the last few years.  I will double check my losers at the scanner. If the lottery has this over the Christmas time frame, I imagine they will all sell out as it will be the "normal" time frame plus they will sell as great Christmas gifts.  Looks like you were rewarded if you played earlier in the game when it came to the million dollar prize, three of the four millionaire winners were in the first half of sales, which is in contrast to past sales. Will have to wait until December to see the locations of the winners.

december don't u mean monday

Pa
        United States
        Member #162117
        December 22, 2014
        99 Posts
        Posted: October 31, 2015, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

december don't u mean monday

You are right, the winning stores will be in the paper,  I was thinking about how the lottery posts the names and counties of the 1 mill and 100K winners on their winners page after the winners file the paper work.

Wyomissing, PA
          United States
          Member #161050
          November 15, 2014
          301 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2015, 11:33 am - IP Logged

After over two months of sales under a new quarterly format,  sales are over. Interested to see if the pa lottery axes it after poor sales or modifies the prize structure.  Good luck to those who played.

Firstly, total tickets sold for the raffle just ended was 356,904 out of 500,000.

71.4% ticket sell-through. Payout $5,089,200 / Revenue $7,138,080 = 71.3% overall prize payback (~20% above that of typical numbers games).

According to the latest PA Lottery news posting, the next raffle is scheduled to start Nov-10th with drawing on Jan-2nd. Presumably, sales will be limited to 500,000 tickets with same prize structure as the past raffle. Another chance with great odds of winning a $million.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23352 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2015, 11:37 am - IP Logged

don't know why they did that put it out of order

When Lottery Post publishes the results, they are not out of order: https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/pa-lottery-raffle-2015-10-31.asp

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

NY
              United States
              Member #167035
              June 22, 2015
              1340 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2015, 11:44 am - IP Logged

When Lottery Post publishes the results, they are not out of order: https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/pa-lottery-raffle-2015-10-31.asp

saw that earlier today todd - they now in the right order

but 356xxx out of 500k, makes the odds and payouts very enticing

United States
                Member #161539
                December 3, 2014
                328 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2015, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Firstly, total tickets sold for the raffle just ended was 356,904 out of 500,000.

71.4% ticket sell-through. Payout $5,089,200 / Revenue $7,138,080 = 71.3% overall prize payback (~20% above that of typical numbers games).

According to the latest PA Lottery news posting, the next raffle is scheduled to start Nov-10th with drawing on Jan-2nd. Presumably, sales will be limited to 500,000 tickets with same prize structure as the past raffle. Another chance with great odds of winning a $million.

Ron ... are you sure about the next drawing on Jan 2nd ... it was supposed to be Jan 31st ... they were going to be every three months. It was called a seasonal raffle ... Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer.

I did not see the news item you mentioned ... if that's true, then it sounds like the Lottery took the raffle back to twice a year.

Not too happy if the Lottery is so greedy to not let players have a break ... they lost no money and yes they made a smaller profit ... I'd gladly take their small profit.

NY
                  United States
                  Member #167035
                  June 22, 2015
                  1340 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2015, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Ron ... are you sure about the next drawing on Jan 2nd ... it was supposed to be Jan 31st ... they were going to be every three months. It was called a seasonal raffle ... Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer.

I did not see the news item you mentioned ... if that's true, then it sounds like the Lottery took the raffle back to twice a year.

Not too happy if the Lottery is so greedy to not let players have a break ... they lost no money and yes they made a smaller profit ... I'd gladly take their small profit.

don't remember seeing it in the sales maker

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/PaLotteryWebSite/media/Retailer-Documents/SalesMaker-Oct2015.pdf

United States
                    Member #161539
                    December 3, 2014
                    328 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2015, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

YP ... all I can find now is the press release from last August from the Lottery. I assumed it would always be the last day of the quarter.

I don't know what they are doing with the dates ... maybe in the last month of every quarter the drawing could be any day ... from the 1st day to the last day. Makes no sense but if they want to "jump" all over the place with drawing dates ... it's their raffle.

8/24/2015

Millionaire Raffle Goes Quarterly, Next Drawing October 31

Middletown, PA – Millionaire Raffle, featuring the Pennsylvania Lottery’s best chances of winning a $1 million prize, will now be offered four times a year. Ticket sales begin August 25 for the next drawing to be held October 31.

The limited-edition game still features 6,000 cash prizes totaling more than $5 million. Only 500,000 tickets will be sold.

“Our players are always excited to play Millionaire Raffle, so we decided to offer this popular game more frequently,” said Lottery Executive Director Drew Svitko. “Going from twice-annual to quarterly drawings means we’ll be able to create an additional eight new millionaires and thousands of other winners each year.”

Tickets for the fall edition of Millionaire Raffle will be sold until 8 p.m. on the drawing date, Saturday, October 31, 2015, or until sold out.

Each $20 ticket offers a 1 in 125,000 chance of winning one of the $1 million top prizes. The overall chances of winning any prize are 1 in 83.33. Millionaire Raffle’s prize levels are:

• Four prizes of $1 million
                    • Four prizes of $100,000
                    • 100 prizes of $1,000
                    • 5,892 prizes of $100

Each ticket features a unique, eight-digit number issued sequentially as tickets are sold across the state. The first ticket sold is number 00000001, and the final ticket sold is number 00500000.

To be considered a winning ticket, the number on a Millionaire Raffle ticket must exactly match a winning number selected in the drawing, and all digits must appear in the same sequence as the winning number.

Winning Millionaire Raffle numbers will be randomly selected after 8 p.m. on October 31 and announced after 10 p.m. at www.palottery.com. Drawings are conducted from among all ticket numbers sold.

Players should also check Millionaire Raffle tickets using scanners found at Lottery retailers.

For the convenience of players who pool ticket purchases with others, Millionaire Raffle Pool Play forms are available on www.palottery.com whenever the game is on sale.

Millionaire Raffle has been offered twice a year since its launch in 2005. The most recent drawing was on July 11, 2015. Starting with the edition that goes on sale August 25, Millionaire Raffle will be offered four times annually. Drawings will be held in October, January, March and July.

United States
                      Member #161539
                      December 3, 2014
                      328 Posts
                      Posted: November 1, 2015, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

OK I found this  from three days ago.

Time Running Out to Play Halloween Millionaire Raffle

MIDDLETOWN, Pa., Oct. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The play clock is ticking down on the Halloween Millionaire Raffle, offering the Pennsylvania Lottery's best chances of winning a $1 million prize.

The quarterly game featuring 6,000 cash prizes will be drawn on Saturday, October 31. Tickets will be available until 8 p.m. Saturday, unless they sell out sooner.

"No matter how many tickets are sold, Millionaire Raffle will award more than $5 million in prizes to winners," said Lottery Executive Director Drew Svitko.

Drawings are conducted from among ticket numbers sold. Assuming all 500,000 available tickets are sold, each $20 ticket offers a 1 in 125,000 chance of winning one of the $1 million top prizes and the overall chances of winning any prize are 1 in 83.33. 

Millionaire Raffle's prize levels are: four prizes of $1 million; four prizes of $100,000; 100 prizes of $1,000; and 5,892 prizes of $100. It adds up to a total of $5,089,200 in prizes.

Each ticket features a unique, eight-digit number issued sequentially as tickets are sold across the state. The first ticket sold is number 00000001, and the final ticket number is 00500000.

... there's a little more with this at the end.

Millionaire Raffle, launched in 2005 and originally offered twice a year, is now offered four times a year. The Halloween edition went on sale August 25. The New Year Millionaire Raffle will go on sale November 10 with a drawing on January 2, 2016.

I have no idea when the actual drawing will be every three months ... whatever date they decide ... but they are losing most of January to sell tickets. Like I said ... I always figured it would be the last day of every quarter.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                        NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3817 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2015, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Now, some of you good folks may know that I live in New York State, and that I drove about an hour to PA to buy raffle tickets for this last raffle.

I bought a total of 11 tickets.  Seven for me, three for two guys at work, and one for my brother.

The day before I drove over to PA, I saw my brother.  Here's a bit of how our conversation went;

Me:  "I'm driving over to Matamoras tomorrow."  (We were born there and spent a portion of our childhood there)

Him:  "Why ya goin' over there?"

Me:  "Buy raffle tickets."  And then I proceeded to tell him about the Halloween Millionaire Raffle.

Him:  "Here's 20 bucks.  Get me one, will ya?" 

So I took his twenty bucks and left. When I got back from Matamoras, I pulled up in front of his house, fanned out all eleven tickets, pulled one out of the fan, went inside and gave it to him.  You do know where I'm going with this, don't you?? 

He called me on Sunday.  "Hey!  How the Hell do I get my hundred bucks!?"  he asked.  I had given him ticket number 195893...  You can go look it up on The PA Lottery's website.  It's on page 7 of the hundred dollar winners.  Of course I had ticket numbers 195892 and 195894.  And I didn't win a dime on any other ticket I had either.

Do you know that SOB didn't even offer to pay for my gas?  That's because he knew I'd drive my wife's company car to PA, and we don't pay for gas for that car.  Her employer does.  G5 

PS  The guys at work?  They didn't win nuthin either. 

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY
                          United States
                          Member #167035
                          June 22, 2015
                          1340 Posts
                          Posted: November 2, 2015, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

ouch G5 - well 2 winners in Erie county, one in Greene, and one in MontCo

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                            A long and winding road
                            United States
                            Member #17084
                            June 10, 2005
                            4576 Posts
                            Posted: November 2, 2015, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

you would think consistency pays, yet I have consistently lost! ( except the first year when I did win 1 k) after that its been a wonderful losing streak. 

Maybe next time :)

G5, Sorry that you didn't win.

Thats awesome that your brother got the ticket you chose for him and he paid for. Seems like a happy ending:)

Good deeds without expectations are genuine:)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
                              Member #161539
                              December 3, 2014
                              328 Posts
                              Posted: November 3, 2015, 3:51 am - IP Logged

you would think consistency pays, yet I have consistently lost! ( except the first year when I did win 1 k) after that its been a wonderful losing streak. 

Maybe next time :)

G5, Sorry that you didn't win.

Thats awesome that your brother got the ticket you chose for him and he paid for. Seems like a happy ending:)

Good deeds without expectations are genuine:)

GG ... yes, maybe next time. With the final ticket sales looking to be low, I did get some extra tickets for this raffle ... live and learn.

Going back to my usual two tickets from now on ... Lady Luck doesn't care how many tickets you have ... as long as you have at least one. She needs something to work with.

G5 has "good karma" going for him in the next raffle drawing ... buying a winning ticket for his brother. Something good will come his way.