Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Raffle Countdown

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Jeopardy1941.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Pa
United States
Member #162117
December 22, 2014
85 Posts
Posted: October 30, 2015, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Sales really exploded today. Shy of 319k this evening. 24 hours remaining to cut off.

Wyomissing, PA
    United States
    Member #161050
    November 15, 2014
    301 Posts
    Posted: October 30, 2015, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Around 5:15 am PA Lottery is up and can sell numbers tickets. However, checking / redemption of any tickets, including instants, doesn't start until around 6 am.

On many (maybe all?) days, all numbers ticket sales close at 10:45 pm. Not sure if they resume anytime afterwards. Furthermore, not sure if this is a recent change or something PA Lottery has long done, but didn't notice. I've purchased tickets well into the 11 pm hour in the distant past. Regardless, all sales and redemption end at approx midnight.

Instant tickets may be purchased anytime on self-service terminals, but beware around 4 am +/-, the machine may reboot with no warning. Player won't lose any money, but may be forced to wait upwards of 10 minutes for the reboot sequence to complete.

As for raffle countdown, sales are slower than I would have imagine. I was figuring near 400,000, but it appears sales will come in around 350,000. The terminal screens don't show any countdown, but simply say "Buy!" in large print. Never seen any PA raffle go to the last day with no countdown.

As of now, I have 3 tickets, which, assuming a tad over 350,000 tickets sold, works out to 1 in 20 combined odds (3 plays) of winning $100+. Not getting my hopes up, since I've played with many times that in the past and still wiped out, but hoping this time is different. Especially, being this could be the last PA raffle of this kind.

United States
      Member #161539
      December 3, 2014
      328 Posts
      Posted: October 30, 2015, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Around 5:15 am PA Lottery is up and can sell numbers tickets. However, checking / redemption of any tickets, including instants, doesn't start until around 6 am.

On many (maybe all?) days, all numbers ticket sales close at 10:45 pm. Not sure if they resume anytime afterwards. Furthermore, not sure if this is a recent change or something PA Lottery has long done, but didn't notice. I've purchased tickets well into the 11 pm hour in the distant past. Regardless, all sales and redemption end at approx midnight.

Instant tickets may be purchased anytime on self-service terminals, but beware around 4 am +/-, the machine may reboot with no warning. Player won't lose any money, but may be forced to wait upwards of 10 minutes for the reboot sequence to complete.

As for raffle countdown, sales are slower than I would have imagine. I was figuring near 400,000, but it appears sales will come in around 350,000. The terminal screens don't show any countdown, but simply say "Buy!" in large print. Never seen any PA raffle go to the last day with no countdown.

As of now, I have 3 tickets, which, assuming a tad over 350,000 tickets sold, works out to 1 in 20 combined odds (3 plays) of winning $100+. Not getting my hopes up, since I've played with many times that in the past and still wiped out, but hoping this time is different. Especially, being this could be the last PA raffle of this kind.

Ron ... thanks for the lottery information. Well three tickets are good for this raffle with around 350,000 tickets maybe sold ... that's 150,000 tickets that are not in the barrel with the old 500,000 number.

Lady Luck will be around tomorrow for some lucky players. If you hear the final sold ticket numbers, let us know.

United States
        Member #161539
        December 3, 2014
        328 Posts
        Posted: October 30, 2015, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Sales really exploded today. Shy of 319k this evening. 24 hours remaining to cut off.

Thanks for the latest numbers ... if you hear what the final sold total is, let us know. I hope they don't go crazy tomorrow ... maybe payday for many people.

Chris$'s avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
          P A
          United States
          Member #117331
          October 3, 2011
          6945 Posts
          Posted: October 31, 2015, 7:46 am - IP Logged

Actually all numbers ticket sales close at 12 midnight. 

I buy my tickets most nights after work between 11:30 & 12.

It would be interesting if they don't sell all 500k  tickets this time.

Your probably right now count down = a lot of leftover tickets? 

Good luck all!

♠♣♥♦= $$$$

United States
            Member #161539
            December 3, 2014
            328 Posts
            Posted: October 31, 2015, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Actually all numbers ticket sales close at 12 midnight. 

I buy my tickets most nights after work between 11:30 & 12.

It would be interesting if they don't sell all 500k  tickets this time.

Your probably right now count down = a lot of leftover tickets? 

Good luck all!

I just picked up one last "Hail Mary Pass" ticket at 9:12 am and it was just under 324,000 ... they can shut the ticket sales off right now, suit me just fine ... but I'm sure that won't happen.

Where are these "lighting strikes" when you need one ... are there any storms in the area headed for Lottery Headquarters?

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
              NY
              United States
              Member #121961
              January 21, 2012
              3157 Posts
              Posted: October 31, 2015, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I don't think a lot people know about it, especially those out of State. I saw one winner from a couple yrs ago was from Staten Island,NY. If it wasn't for you folks i would of never known they were doing extra draws. GL

Chris$'s avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                P A
                United States
                Member #117331
                October 3, 2011
                6945 Posts
                Posted: October 31, 2015, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I just got my ticket and it's just over 342000. 

This one Isn't selling out which is great!

♠♣♥♦= $$$$

Pa
                  United States
                  Member #162117
                  December 22, 2014
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: October 31, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

After over two months of sales under a new quarterly format,  sales are over. Interested to see if the pa lottery axes it after poor sales or modifies the prize structure.  Good luck to those who played.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #167035
                    June 22, 2015
                    1340 Posts
                    Posted: October 31, 2015, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

After over two months of sales under a new quarterly format,  sales are over. Interested to see if the pa lottery axes it after poor sales or modifies the prize structure.  Good luck to those who played.

yup would be interesting to see - they cannot sustain better than 1:90k for a million even tho payout above 70% instead of close to 50% like the other draw games (is 72.7% if 350k sold)

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                      Member #106923
                      February 27, 2011
                      478 Posts
                      Posted: October 31, 2015, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I just got my ticket and it's just over 342000. 

This one Isn't selling out which is great!

Unless they do what Ohio did on a raffle a couple of years ago. Sales were lackluster, about like the current pa, so I purchased several more in the final hour thinking odds favored it. Then Ohio announced they were extending the drawing for several more days to give everyone a chance to get tickets. Total bs!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

NY
                        United States
                        Member #167035
                        June 22, 2015
                        1340 Posts
                        Posted: October 31, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Unless they do what Ohio did on a raffle a couple of years ago. Sales were lackluster, about like the current pa, so I purchased several more in the final hour thinking odds favored it. Then Ohio announced they were extending the drawing for several more days to give everyone a chance to get tickets. Total bs!

Millionaire Raffle Results Are Coming Soon!

During this high traffic time, we switch palottery.com
                        to this fast-loading web page. We will return the full
                        website following the Millionaire Raffle drawing.

Check back after 10:00 p.m. for the Millionaire Raffle winning numbers!

guess not

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                          Member #106923
                          February 27, 2011
                          478 Posts
                          Posted: October 31, 2015, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Millionaire Raffle Results Are Coming Soon!

During this high traffic time, we switch palottery.com
                          to this fast-loading web page. We will return the full
                          website following the Millionaire Raffle drawing.

Check back after 10:00 p.m. for the Millionaire Raffle winning numbers!

guess not

Nice to Know pa lottery still has integrity.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

NY
                            United States
                            Member #167035
                            June 22, 2015
                            1340 Posts
                            Posted: October 31, 2015, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Nice to Know pa lottery still has integrity.

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/PaLotteryWebSite/media/Misc/Raffle21WinningNumbers.pdf

is up - about 356k sold so slightly over 1:89k for a million

Wyomissing, PA
                              United States
                              Member #161050
                              November 15, 2014
                              301 Posts
                              Posted: October 31, 2015, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Best raffle odds ever. Bought 3 tickets. And I wiped out again Unhappy

Hopefully, someone here had better luck...

Overall odds of winning anything is 1 in ~60. Great for the raffle, but still pales to $20 instant tickets, which have overall odds of 1 in ~3 (nearly 20X better).

The published list is out of order, and while searching list is effective, it doesn't preclude the possibility of errors in the list. Double-check on a ticket scanner.