Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Holy (SNIP) you won the Powerball... Champagne wishes and caviar dreams...

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 11 months ago by Masone.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #61435
May 22, 2008
907 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2016, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

What would you like if money were no object?

Me.... a house on the water in a warm climate, boat(s) and a couple fast cars.  Obviously my health and some good friends to share it with.

What do you want?

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
    Member #131594
    August 14, 2012
    171 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2016, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

What would you like if money were no object?

Me.... a house on the water in a warm climate, boat(s) and a couple fast cars.  Obviously my health and some good friends to share it with.

What do you want?

A private jet card (I don't want to own the jet).  A house with enough bedrooms and bathrooms so my whole family can come and visit at the same time without anyone having to share.  A swimming pool the dog and I could use year round.

But most of all I want my husband to be able to retire and stay home with me all day!

Lotto Lucy

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1513 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2016, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

LottoLucy, Be careful what you wish for. Unintended consequences of having your husband home 24/7. I hope you win it and all your dreams come true.See Ya!

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1513 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2016, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

If money was no object then I would give each person (18 years old or older) one million dollars. Then we would test the theory that poor people spend and do not save or invest. And rich invest it all. This test will be done worldwide. Group Hug

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2657 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2016, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

A private jet card (I don't want to own the jet).  A house with enough bedrooms and bathrooms so my whole family can come and visit at the same time without anyone having to share.  A swimming pool the dog and I could use year round.

But most of all I want my husband to be able to retire and stay home with me all day!

Type a private jet card is the 5th thing on my list or least till I could put together a decent travel ensemble

but I have slightly enlarged my starter home budget jejeje

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2016, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

If the jackpot gets big enough I'm sure somebody here will want this house:

http://www.details.com/story/most-expensive-mansion-500-million-nile-niami

Big Azz House

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              932 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2016, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Big Azz House

Holy cow, $500 million are these people insane?  Even for Bel Air that is nuts.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #94283
                July 17, 2010
                2284 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2016, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Yeah that's for people with Bill Gates type of money.  Ridiculous.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                  Member #164603
                  March 8, 2015
                  604 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2016, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Big Azz House

Is that from the Hadid guy?

I'd rather have this:

Walled in, too, with unscaleable fences

http://www.trendir.com/house-design/luxury-house-modern-design-by-french-architects-will-fascinate-you.html

It's one thing to construct a light weight house in the midwest or tornado alley, but for 500M$ I want more than some ramshackle pressboard and tarp, that is just insane! You can buy castles like Neuschwanstein for that kind of money and put back 400M$ for renovations for the next centuries. Madness.

Inland Empire
                    United States
                    Member #118116
                    October 22, 2011
                    316 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2016, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Ugh.

I just need a modest condo near Beverly Hills. Nothing fancier.

I'd invest 80% of my winning through some investment broker I personally know. He once made $30mil as a commission for startup investment.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                      Member #118609
                      November 4, 2011
                      932 Posts
                      Posted: January 7, 2016, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Ugh.

I just need a modest condo near Beverly Hills. Nothing fancier.

I'd invest 80% of my winning through some investment broker I personally know. He once made $30mil as a commission for startup investment.

Well I suppose since you said NEAR Beverly Hills you might find something modest lol.

Startup investment, ipo's......it is not like it used to be, very iffy and lots of fraud IMO of course.  80% is a lot to put in one basket.

Inland Empire
                        United States
                        Member #118116
                        October 22, 2011
                        316 Posts
                        Posted: January 7, 2016, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Well I suppose since you said NEAR Beverly Hills you might find something modest lol.

Startup investment, ipo's......it is not like it used to be, very iffy and lots of fraud IMO of course.  80% is a lot to put in one basket.

Oh, I've seen a lot of not so fancy condos and apartments in Beverly Hills. They are largely located at the south of Santa Monica Blvd.

Arizona
                          United States
                          Member #165073
                          March 24, 2015
                          220 Posts
                          Posted: January 7, 2016, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Big Azz House

Next we explore the main level; the glass-walled library will have a double-height ceiling and be surrounded on three sides by water. Don't bother looking for first editions, however. "Nobody really reads books," Niami says, "so I'm just going to fill the shelves with white books, for looks."

F--- him, and everything he stands for. When I win, my house will have a large, functional library, designed to be the perfect place for reading.

United States
                            Member #106134
                            February 13, 2011
                            806 Posts
                            Posted: January 7, 2016, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Even if I was the sole winner of this next huge Powerball jackpot, I still would not spend more than $50,000 on a new vehicle, and would not pay more than $500,000 for a home.

Call me crazy if you will, but I'm not going to be one of those fools who ends up going broke.

I'm sure I'll splurge on some "smaller" things like a $50,000 shopping spree at my local Apple Store, and probably buy $50,000 worth of high end bicycles.  Planes, Ferraris, and mansions?  No way!  At least I don't have to pay personal property taxes on the bicycles or iPads. LOL

The land of Canals
                              United States
                              Member #137589
                              January 7, 2013
                              168 Posts
                              Posted: January 7, 2016, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Next we explore the main level; the glass-walled library will have a double-height ceiling and be surrounded on three sides by water. Don't bother looking for first editions, however. "Nobody really reads books," Niami says, "so I'm just going to fill the shelves with white books, for looks."

F--- him, and everything he stands for. When I win, my house will have a large, functional library, designed to be the perfect place for reading.

I'm with you! Niami seems like a blowhard.

Good luck!

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
                               Steve Martin

Cool