Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Holy (SNIP) you won the Powerball... Champagne wishes and caviar dreams...

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 11 months ago by Masone.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
Member #142499
May 13, 2013
1186 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2016, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

How about Daimler Aviation, Lufthansa Private or Emirates Executive?

Though personally I wouldn't throw down 200k for a flight in a puddle jumper if I can fly First Class for 10k with more space and the service ballet around it. I was "guested" into one of the first class lounges in JFK. Only one person in front of us in the TSA queue.

If I never have to hear my father talk about what a fantastic experience he had on Singapore Airlines ever again, it'll be too soon. So, I want a trip on Singapore Air and another on Emirates for a comparison and so I'd have something to annoy people about.

After that, then private flying only. No more fighting for a window seat then being given the stinkeye when you have to go to the little girl's room. No more ebola pillows, bed bug blankets and fighting over armrests. No more trying to hold my breath for a 3 hour flight because the person next to me thought it would be a good idea to travel in an enclosed capsule while they apparently have the plague. No more TSA pretending the underwire in my bra might be some kind of incendiary device I might detonate so they have to do a thorough inspection. 

Do the TSA people treat you nicer when they know you have access to those lounges the plebeians don't?

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
    Member #142499
    May 13, 2013
    1186 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2016, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I've been traveling the last few days and as I was sitting in my Southwest Airlines seat where the idiot behind me keeps ramming his head (yes his head) into the back of my seat I suddenly had a brilliant idea.  I'll do both net jets and Delta for a year and see which one I like better because I sure as heck am not getting on another commercial flight if I can help it!  Smile

Okay, that's a brilliant idea. And ditto re commercial flights. Private travel is the only way to go. There was a time when first class meant something. Now it's a joke. Flew to Arizona first class and there were used tissues left on the seats from whoever flew before we boarded.

I don't consider myself a hypochondriac, but I have a deep and abiding respect for micro-organisms and how wonderfully effective they are at killing us. If the attendants overlooked tissues that were just sitting there, in plain sight, what else are the overlooking?

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
      Member #164603
      March 8, 2015
      614 Posts
      Posted: January 11, 2016, 8:52 am - IP Logged

If I never have to hear my father talk about what a fantastic experience he had on Singapore Airlines ever again, it'll be too soon. So, I want a trip on Singapore Air and another on Emirates for a comparison and so I'd have something to annoy people about.

After that, then private flying only. No more fighting for a window seat then being given the stinkeye when you have to go to the little girl's room. No more ebola pillows, bed bug blankets and fighting over armrests. No more trying to hold my breath for a 3 hour flight because the person next to me thought it would be a good idea to travel in an enclosed capsule while they apparently have the plague. No more TSA pretending the underwire in my bra might be some kind of incendiary device I might detonate so they have to do a thorough inspection. 

Do the TSA people treat you nicer when they know you have access to those lounges the plebeians don't?

Last time in New York I got the benefit of TSA check 30 feet from the first lounge. There were 2 TSA agents and 3 passengers including me. The fact it was tucked away and quiet and not 500 passengers in one line made for a very chill experience.

As for First Class lacking, us american airlines are pretty much the bottom rung, the nothing for a long time, then european ones (though BA is kinda jank-google it) like Lufthansa, Swiss and Air France, then it's a head to head between the ME3 and the asian airlines for top spot.

Wollongong
        Australia
        Member #164435
        March 2, 2015
        30 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2016, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

The mad prices they charge for 1st class seats on airlines gives me an idea.Instead of flying 1st class,I would fly coach class.

The difference in the cost between the two prices,I'd donate to charities.

On the occasion of a girlfriend's or my mother's birthday,then I'd treat them to a 1st class ticket.

As far as splashing out.I wouldn't buy a big place as I would feel odd being in such a big echoing shell.

I don't drive so taxis are the go.I'd eat more of a balanced diet that for sure.

Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #4170
          March 27, 2004
          103 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2016, 10:43 am - IP Logged

For me I would buy a bunch of DVDs and Blu-Ray movies since I love movies and buy a house on the beach somewhere and that is pretty much it

If I win the lottery, I will not be telling my family or friends, if I do, I am sure they would go crazy asking me for money or beg me for money or ask me to buy them things, forget it!

United States
            Member #124814
            March 20, 2012
            219 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2016, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I'm with you on this idea of what to spend on with PB jackpot money.

Nothing too fancy needed. You can sleep in only one bed at a time, drive one car at a time...etc. I don't want to travel the world, drive expensive cars or wear $1,000 suits.

When I win, I want to take a portion of the money and build affordable housing for the working poor. I would also donate to a select group of charities as well as make sure my family and friends were debt free (one chance only, not to bail them out over & over)

There's so much good you can do with so much money.  Good luck all...including me!Patriot

Forget that. Ferraris, lambos and corvettes. Well, one of each. Five supercars and three luxury cars. The luxury ones I'd buy and trade in or sale every year to get the newest modest, simply because I can and i have this desire to always stay up to date.

But really, 560m after taxes, you can splurge a bit. After the initial big purchases, which probably wouldn't even push past the 5-15m mark depending on the home, I don't see a way to spend anywhere close to that amount of money. For me it'd just be sitting there gaining interest every year.

I'd probably just build a super home customized to my every need, buy a bunch of cars, travel the world for a year and then just get bored and sit at home all day playing video games when I wasn't writing.