Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Holy (SNIP) you won the Powerball... Champagne wishes and caviar dreams...

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 11 months ago by Masone.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
Member #142499
May 13, 2013
1182 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2016, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

I can see that you are like me and have given this serious thought!  I hope one of us gets a chance to put all this planning to good use!

I liked net jets but ultimately decided to go with delta private jets.  I probably would fly commercial sometimes and delta goes where I need to go.  You can use your funds on account to pay for delta airlines flights plus you get extra discounts and privileges on the commercial flights (hmmm.  I wonder how long it would be until I stopped worrying about saving a few bucks?).

I've been looking at a place called the moorings for my yachting needs.  It is a crewed charter.  I would like to at least try it.

I love German shepherds!  We always had one when I was growing up.  As an adult I've had golden retrievers because we wanted a dog that would enjoy swimming with us.  Our GSDs would mostly either try to rescue us or anxiously pace the shore until we were back on dry land!

I had checked out Delta's private fleet and I was wholly unimpressed with what they had. I figured if I'm going to spring for private flights I don't want small and dated, if I was okay with that I might as well fly commercial. Dated a guy with his own plane. That had to be the most freeing period of my life. Up until then I didn't know I could get on a plane without TSA getting to second base. 

As for the GSDs, you must have known the wrong ones. Yes, I've had a couple that were amazingly serious. I imagined that if Captain was a cartoon he would be rolling his eyes at us with a thought bubble over his head saying "I can't believe I might have to give my life for these idiots."

But all the other GSDs I've had have been hilarious. Yes, they would give everything to keep us safe but they were a hoot and a half. Really funny. Best free entertainment for us kids, them seeing how much they could get away with before my father finally snapped. And when he inevitably did, they'd pretend as if they were sorry.  They'd be in the pool by themselves or chilling out in the gazebo (which they knew was off limits so only did it when my father was at work). Kinda hard to pretend they were behaving when they were soaking wet, but they'd still try. HILARIOUS.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
    Member #164603
    March 8, 2015
    604 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2016, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I had checked out Delta's private fleet and I was wholly unimpressed with what they had. I figured if I'm going to spring for private flights I don't want small and dated, if I was okay with that I might as well fly commercial. Dated a guy with his own plane. That had to be the most freeing period of my life. Up until then I didn't know I could get on a plane without TSA getting to second base. 

As for the GSDs, you must have known the wrong ones. Yes, I've had a couple that were amazingly serious. I imagined that if Captain was a cartoon he would be rolling his eyes at us with a thought bubble over his head saying "I can't believe I might have to give my life for these idiots."

But all the other GSDs I've had have been hilarious. Yes, they would give everything to keep us safe but they were a hoot and a half. Really funny. Best free entertainment for us kids, them seeing how much they could get away with before my father finally snapped. And when he inevitably did, they'd pretend as if they were sorry.  They'd be in the pool by themselves or chilling out in the gazebo (which they knew was off limits so only did it when my father was at work). Kinda hard to pretend they were behaving when they were soaking wet, but they'd still try. HILARIOUS.

How about Daimler Aviation, Lufthansa Private or Emirates Executive?

Though personally I wouldn't throw down 200k for a flight in a puddle jumper if I can fly First Class for 10k with more space and the service ballet around it. I was "guested" into one of the first class lounges in JFK. Only one person in front of us in the TSA queue.

KCMO
      United States
      Member #163681
      February 7, 2015
      56 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2016, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Though personally I wouldn't throw down 200k for a flight in a puddle jumper if I can fly First Class for 10k with more space and the service ballet around it. I was "guested" into one of the first class lounges in JFK. Only one person in front of us in the TSA queue.

The real benefit of private jets, imo, are for billionaires where you can have your own crew/pilot and you can call them up at 7pm a friday night cause you want to go to Paris with the new babe you met hours earlier. No way I'd want to do cheapo private jets. I'd just do normal 1st class...which is still totally fine. 

Otherwise as you said, it's better to just do 1st class on high end airlines like Emirates/Singapore/etc.

United States
        Member #124814
        March 20, 2012
        219 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2016, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Fleet of supercars.
        Mansion + AMC sized movie theater built on property.

I'll also have a sound proof room built where I can just sit down and write books.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3962 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2016, 11:51 am - IP Logged

I read some were that the Fed was printing $80 billion a week so the first thing to do is convert it all into gold

or other precious metals or you might end up with a lot of toilet paper.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            604 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2016, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I read some were that the Fed was printing $80 billion a week so the first thing to do is convert it all into gold

or other precious metals or you might end up with a lot of toilet paper.

RL

Gold doesn't produce income or interest so you would lose money.

Why not invest in Treasury Bonds? Backed up by the US military and 3% for 30 years. At least inflation is taken care of.

Portland, OR
              United States
              Member #145973
              August 20, 2013
              226 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2016, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I would invest in good technology ideas from the best of the best students at top Tech universities in the world.  Good way to make billions, if done right.  Imagine investing in the next Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, Steve Jobs.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

Germany
                Member #164603
                March 8, 2015
                604 Posts
                Posted: January 9, 2016, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

I would invest in good technology ideas from the best of the best students at top Tech universities in the world.  Good way to make billions, if done right.  Imagine investing in the next Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, Steve Jobs.

Technology is a great way to sh*tcan all your money.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #61435
                  May 22, 2008
                  906 Posts
                  Posted: January 9, 2016, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Technology is a great way to sh*tcan all your money.

I would put some in risky ventures, most would be in class "A and B" Apartment communities.  A small amount in cash and lots of physical precious metals.

Arizona
                    United States
                    Member #165073
                    March 24, 2015
                    220 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2016, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Imagine investing in the next Greg McLemore or Stephan Paternot.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #61435
                      May 22, 2008
                      906 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2016, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Ok, so in FL if someone were to win and take the lump sum (on a 1.3 Billion dollar jackpot)they would have $486,824,000.00 cash after all taxes were paid (39.6%).

You could take $86,824,000.00 to spend as you wish, invest the remaining $400,000,000.00 at 5% and earn $54,794.52 PER DAY in interest.  Truly wealthy.

Good Luck!!!

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
                        Member #131594
                        August 14, 2012
                        171 Posts
                        Posted: January 10, 2016, 11:17 am - IP Logged

I've been traveling the last few days and as I was sitting in my Southwest Airlines seat where the idiot behind me keeps ramming his head (yes his head) into the back of my seat I suddenly had a brilliant idea.  I'll do both net jets and Delta for a year and see which one I like better because I sure as heck am not getting on another commercial flight if I can help it!  Smile

Lotto Lucy

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
                          Member #131594
                          August 14, 2012
                          171 Posts
                          Posted: January 10, 2016, 11:24 am - IP Logged

One of the huge advantages for me in a private jet is the ability to fly my animals with me in the cabin.  After all, they will have to go from our main home to our summer home.  Under no circumstances would I ever allow my dogs to fly in the cargo hold.  I also could never imagine taking my one cat through the TSA experience.  Let's just say he doesn't respect authority and I would hate to embarrass the government when they have to bring assault charges against a little 14 pound kitty who LOOKS cuddly and innocent. Blue Angel

Lotto Lucy

Germany
                            Member #164603
                            March 8, 2015
                            604 Posts
                            Posted: January 10, 2016, 11:27 am - IP Logged

I've been traveling the last few days and as I was sitting in my Southwest Airlines seat where the idiot behind me keeps ramming his head (yes his head) into the back of my seat I suddenly had a brilliant idea.  I'll do both net jets and Delta for a year and see which one I like better because I sure as heck am not getting on another commercial flight if I can help it!  Smile

But with commercial you get the sweet Schadenfreude of turning LEFT upon entering. Cool

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                              Brooklyn, NY
                              United States
                              Member #169723
                              October 29, 2015
                              877 Posts
                              Posted: January 10, 2016, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Even if I was the sole winner of this next huge Powerball jackpot, I still would not spend more than $50,000 on a new vehicle, and would not pay more than $500,000 for a home.

Call me crazy if you will, but I'm not going to be one of those fools who ends up going broke.

I'm sure I'll splurge on some "smaller" things like a $50,000 shopping spree at my local Apple Store, and probably buy $50,000 worth of high end bicycles.  Planes, Ferraris, and mansions?  No way!  At least I don't have to pay personal property taxes on the bicycles or iPads. LOL

I'm with you on this idea of what to spend on with PB jackpot money.

Nothing too fancy needed. You can sleep in only one bed at a time, drive one car at a time...etc. I don't want to travel the world, drive expensive cars or wear $1,000 suits.

When I win, I want to take a portion of the money and build affordable housing for the working poor. I would also donate to a select group of charities as well as make sure my family and friends were debt free (one chance only, not to bail them out over & over)

There's so much good you can do with so much money.  Good luck all...including me!Patriot

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot