Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Holy (SNIP) you won the Powerball... Champagne wishes and caviar dreams...

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 11 months ago by Masone.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4784 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2016, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

A private jet card (I don't want to own the jet).  A house with enough bedrooms and bathrooms so my whole family can come and visit at the same time without anyone having to share.  A swimming pool the dog and I could use year round.

But most of all I want my husband to be able to retire and stay home with me all day!

Lol I remember that Lucy show with the puppet.

J'aime La France.

KCMO
    United States
    Member #163681
    February 7, 2015
    56 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2016, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Even if I was the sole winner of this next huge Powerball jackpot, I still would not spend more than $50,000 on a new vehicle, and would not pay more than $500,000 for a home.

Call me crazy if you will, but I'm not going to be one of those fools who ends up going broke.

I'm sure I'll splurge on some "smaller" things like a $50,000 shopping spree at my local Apple Store, and probably buy $50,000 worth of high end bicycles.  Planes, Ferraris, and mansions?  No way!  At least I don't have to pay personal property taxes on the bicycles or iPads. LOL

I'm with you. 

Why peple blow so much on a huge mansion is beyond me. You can't use half that space and you pay insane taxes/insurance/maintenance/utilities/etc. 

For me a 500k to 900k house is perfectly awesome...lots of BALLER homes in that price range in my town. 

I do like cars so I probaby will get a few nice cars (not just your latest Lambo/Ferrari...interesting cars). Maybe 3-4. Restore my current daily driver, Acura TL, to mint factory condition, Honda S2000, Acura NSX, Alpha 12 package Nissan GT-R, a nice F-350 dually to haul a nice travel trailer, Cadillac CTS-V Wagon. Maybe switch a car out for a german one down the line. 

Definitely a kick ass gaming computer and home theater. 

But most of all I will splurge on travel and experiences....see all the world has to offer.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1182 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2016, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

A private jet card (I don't want to own the jet).  A house with enough bedrooms and bathrooms so my whole family can come and visit at the same time without anyone having to share.  A swimming pool the dog and I could use year round.

But most of all I want my husband to be able to retire and stay home with me all day!

This is my wish list too! I'm really impressed with Net Jets' card option.

All the convenience of a personal jet without the expense and hassles of owning one. If there's also such a thing as a yacht card that works the same way as a jet card, I would get one of those too. 

Anyway, since one of my pet peeves are mansions that have fewer bathrooms than bedrooms, I hear you on the no sharing. 

And one of the first things I'll do after buying my house is to get a German Shepherd. 

A RR Wraith and maybe a Bentayga to round out the list

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2016, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Lord Love A Duck!  if my dh were home with me 24/7 I would be bald. 

He would have to come up with a fabulous hobby - set of hobbies to keep him occupied and occupied and occupied and then come home happy!

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1704 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2016, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

If I win the $700+ Million Dollar Powerball Lottery coming up, I would choose the annuity option [which would be approximately $15 million a year after Federal & State taxes], and choose a $250,000 annual disbursement for myself, and the remaining annual disbursement [$15 Million - $250,000] would go to my favorite Spiritual Charity, The Siddha Yoga Meditation Foundation [SYDA Foundation].  The  SYDA Foundation can figure out what to do with that large amount of money $$$ on an annual basis, and I will continue to live a normal life focused on gratitude and humanitarian projects.

AlecWest's avatar - alec
            Vader, Washington
            United States
            Member #29697
            January 5, 2006
            108 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2016, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

If I win the $700+ Million Dollar Powerball Lottery coming up, I would choose the annuity option [which would be approximately $15 million a year after Federal & State taxes], and choose a $250,000 annual disbursement for myself, and the remaining annual disbursement [$15 Million - $250,000] would go to my favorite Spiritual Charity, The Siddha Yoga Meditation Foundation [SYDA Foundation].  The  SYDA Foundation can figure out what to do with that large amount of money $$$ on an annual basis, and I will continue to live a normal life focused on gratitude and humanitarian projects.

In my state - assuming I continued to live in Washington (no state income tax) - and assuming a state income tax isn't voted into law, I'd end up with an annuity of $16,791,470.55 per year (after Federal taxes - using tax rates from Forbes Magazine).  While this would certainly be an attractive option, I'd be hesitant to take the annuity option.  Taxes that exist today may be totally different before the annuity paid out.  And I recall that President Clinton was the first person to suggest a "wealth tax" - which, if adopted, could be problematic for winners planning long-term.

I'd probably take the lump sum payout ($422,428,780.05 - after all Federal taxes - using the same Forbes figures).  Like you, I'd put the lion's share of this money toward charitable purposes.  To see all the things I'd do (for investment purposes), click on my user name and visit my "lottery advice" website shown in my profile - scrolling down until you see the heading "Final Words."

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40299 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2016, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

What would you like if money were no object?

Me.... a house on the water in a warm climate, boat(s) and a couple fast cars.  Obviously my health and some good friends to share it with.

What do you want?

Right now, someone to rub the knot out of my left shoulder.

Living somewhere warmer would be nice.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40299 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2016, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

My husband can retire , but I think he should go golfing all day, maybe even some fishing, most certainly he should eat out more.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
                  Member #131594
                  August 14, 2012
                  171 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2016, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

This is my wish list too! I'm really impressed with Net Jets' card option.

All the convenience of a personal jet without the expense and hassles of owning one. If there's also such a thing as a yacht card that works the same way as a jet card, I would get one of those too. 

Anyway, since one of my pet peeves are mansions that have fewer bathrooms than bedrooms, I hear you on the no sharing. 

And one of the first things I'll do after buying my house is to get a German Shepherd. 

A RR Wraith and maybe a Bentayga to round out the list

I can see that you are like me and have given this serious thought!  I hope one of us gets a chance to put all this planning to good use!

I liked net jets but ultimately decided to go with delta private jets.  I probably would fly commercial sometimes and delta goes where I need to go.  You can use your funds on account to pay for delta airlines flights plus you get extra discounts and privileges on the commercial flights (hmmm.  I wonder how long it would be until I stopped worrying about saving a few bucks?).

I've been looking at a place called the moorings for my yachting needs.  It is a crewed charter.  I would like to at least try it.

I love German shepherds!  We always had one when I was growing up.  As an adult I've had golden retrievers because we wanted a dog that would enjoy swimming with us.  Our GSDs would mostly either try to rescue us or anxiously pace the shore until we were back on dry land!

Lotto Lucy

United States
                    Member #131594
                    August 14, 2012
                    171 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2016, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Lord Love A Duck!  if my dh were home with me 24/7 I would be bald. 

He would have to come up with a fabulous hobby - set of hobbies to keep him occupied and occupied and occupied and then come home happy!

Well, OK, maybe my husband can just stay home all day for the first couple of months and then he can go do his hobbies after that.  LOL

But no more being gone 10 or more nights a month, no more working in the evenings, and no more idiot boss!

Lotto Lucy

United States
                      Member #131594
                      August 14, 2012
                      171 Posts
                      Posted: January 7, 2016, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Lol I remember that Lucy show with the puppet.

It is hard to believe the last original episode aired almost 42 years ago!

Lotto Lucy

NYC
                        United States
                        Member #161115
                        November 17, 2014
                        126 Posts
                        Posted: January 8, 2016, 10:00 am - IP Logged

I think one of the best thing to spend money on would be traveling. Big mansions, exotic cars, boats, planes-- these area all material things. They will be exciting for a while,  but  after time passes you will most likely get bored of them. Traveling you get to meet new people, experience different cultures and beautiful scenery. Those memories will last forever.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                          A long and winding road
                          United States
                          Member #17084
                          June 10, 2005
                          4523 Posts
                          Posted: January 8, 2016, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Build a small self efficient home. On Lots of land. Solar electric,turbo wind power,  Hydro sourced, Green earth material. Because really anything bought can not be taken to the after life.

While here, not a dime to investors, unless its humanity investment. And good luck tossing that pitch. 15 years in sales...heard it all...

Trust Banks? trust the Stock market, Nope! Been there, lost that.

Only outlandish thing I'd buy is an Aston Martin . And thats pushing it as far as Mo is Bettah, it isn't. Just more "things" to interrupt what is important.

Mostly travel in safe regions and be cautionary in delegating funds to causes.

Family first, memories to last, and a select group of friends who have been there during the important times.

GL players!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
                            Member #170889
                            December 22, 2015
                            29 Posts
                            Posted: January 8, 2016, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

If I won I would buy out a ton of companies pioneering in quantum computer transistors and programming, video display technologies such as OLED, any of the phase change memory tech (this is how computers/phones will store data), future telecommunications tech involved with paving the way of future IEEE wireless data transmission standards (LTE, WiFi) . Since all of these will be the foundation of future technologies found in phone/phablet/tablet/computer/television/internet/server and any device that connects to the internet. The intellectual property patents in 10-20 years will be worth multibillions alone. This will allow my great great great great great grandchildren to still be extremely wealthy. Then donate billions to charities.

Then I will also invest in agriculture scitech and global warming scitech. Try to be more like Elon Musk.

Then buy this gorgeous home (completely self sustaining house minus the pool). Or at least higher the architects to make me one like this and design my company building.

If someone not me wins here PM me and I will tell you how to set this up.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #152799
                              February 25, 2014
                              1090 Posts
                              Posted: January 8, 2016, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Surprised none of the guys here mentioned the "Rockstar" lyrics from the Band Nickelback. It mentions a bath tub big enough for 10 plus me and driving fifteen cars...lol