Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 3 Players - For your consideration...

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 8 months ago by ithastobesaid.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #126774
April 16, 2012
1434 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2016, 6:13 am - IP Logged

In the bottom image you posted, at the bottom of that spreadsheet are four small rows labeled: Triad, Root, Sum, VT, OELH, W and H/C.  In the 2nd row the Triad box is in YELLOW.  When you know the results of the drawing you just prepared the sheet for, enter the result in that yellow cell.  060 was the result for the Virginia Pick 3 when I created the spreadsheets to post.  Once you enter the winning # the other cells will update, EXCEPT for the H/C cell in the 4th row. Either copy and paste the VALUE ONLY form the orange H/C cell in 2nd row to the H/C cell in the 4th row or just type it in by hand.

The Red highlights in the other sheets use this data to highlight the last result.  All the cells will be the same regardless of what you update except for the H/C cell which changes with each drawing.  (Notice that the Orange H/C cell show 102 for the H/C value, but when I entered 060 originally the H//C value was 111, so I typed 111 in the 4th row so that it would be highlighted in the H/C sheet). So the Root, Sum, VT, OELH, W  will always be the same for 060 regardless of what you update.  But the H/C status changes with every drawing. Which is why you need to update the 4th row's H/C cell manually.

So the bottom row is "static" information (until you change the value in the yellow triad cell) that the rest of the sheets use to highlight the last results in red.

I know this sounds a little confusing or convoluted, but click on one of the red cells (such as the Root cell highlighted in red), then choose Format->Conditional Formatting from the Excel menu, then click on Edit Rule... and you will see the formula that links the rule to these cells.  Each sheet is like this.

I apologize for not explaining that in the video.

Thanks a lot for this response. I got it working now. For anyone else that might be confused. After you type in the draw, just click the save button and it updates. Then copy/type the H/C From orange, to the bottom H/C, save again.

United States
    Member #123200
    February 15, 2012
    52 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2016, 9:01 am - IP Logged

A video showing how to use the F.A.R.T Filter to debug why you lost (or won) explaining a portion of the "RootSum" sheet that I neglected to explain in the first video.  Thanks to ScreamingMidget and winsumloosesum for pointing that out.

https://youtu.be/O4rE7Ci_O2A

Also, if any of you are having success with the tool, please let us know, or it you have any filters that you think would work better than the "Width" and "H/C" filters please speak up.

Lincoln, California
      United States
      Member #167130
      June 27, 2015
      256 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2016, 11:55 am - IP Logged

A video showing how to use the F.A.R.T Filter to debug why you lost (or won) explaining a portion of the "RootSum" sheet that I neglected to explain in the first video.  Thanks to ScreamingMidget and winsumloosesum for pointing that out.

https://youtu.be/O4rE7Ci_O2A

Also, if any of you are having success with the tool, please let us know, or it you have any filters that you think would work better than the "Width" and "H/C" filters please speak up.

Thanks again for the Great Tool.  I have a few observations and questions.

Observation

It looks like you can go back to any tab after the Picks and run some of the other options; but; the Root changes after the picks.  It appears that you have to set the root back to the one you just ran and then you can run the other options.  Each time you go back you have to set the Root back to run some other options for the root.

Question

The AHP tab sets the Ratios for the preferences.  Where did those ratios come from?  Can we change these Ratios and Run our own?

Have you developed a way to track the winning AHPod and AHPz?

United States
        Member #123200
        February 15, 2012
        52 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2016, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks again for the Great Tool.  I have a few observations and questions.

Observation

It looks like you can go back to any tab after the Picks and run some of the other options; but; the Root changes after the picks.  It appears that you have to set the root back to the one you just ran and then you can run the other options.  Each time you go back you have to set the Root back to run some other options for the root.

Question

The AHP tab sets the Ratios for the preferences.  Where did those ratios come from?  Can we change these Ratios and Run our own?

Have you developed a way to track the winning AHPod and AHPz?

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Yes you can go back and pick other options on each tab just as long as you don't filter another rootsum. Yes the Root Sum in the yellow box on the "RootSum" tab will change each time you run the filter on the H/C tab (it was meant to be a convenience) so just remember to change the RootSum in the yellow box on the RootSum tab to the proper value for you to start another round of filtering.  Otherwise you could edit the code for the H/C Filter Button.  Just right click on the button, choose assign macro, and then click Edit. In the code put an apostrophe in front of the line of code that reads:

Range("RootSum!K3").Value = Range("RootSum!K3").Value + 1

should look like this when done:

'Range("RootSum!K3").Value = Range("RootSum!K3").Value + 1

(when you scroll or arrow off that code it will turn green which means it is now disabled.)  Now when you click the H/C Filter button, it will do everything the same EXCEPT update the RootSum value in the yellow box on the RootSum tab to the next value.  You'll have to update that yourself.

For the AHP weights please see the AHP_Example.xlsx I posted and read the AHP papers listed in the reference section of the paper I posted.  It is the values in the YELLOW cells on the AHP tab that determine the weights.

I have not been tracking the winning AHP values as they are really determined by the current statistics for each of the filters. So I believe it is more important to track the filters and try to determine patterns and relavance there.  But if you do decide to track them for a while and find so important correlation, please do inform us.

Again, thanks for your feedback, it helps make this a better tool.

Lincoln, California
          United States
          Member #167130
          June 27, 2015
          256 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2016, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Yes you can go back and pick other options on each tab just as long as you don't filter another rootsum. Yes the Root Sum in the yellow box on the "RootSum" tab will change each time you run the filter on the H/C tab (it was meant to be a convenience) so just remember to change the RootSum in the yellow box on the RootSum tab to the proper value for you to start another round of filtering.  Otherwise you could edit the code for the H/C Filter Button.  Just right click on the button, choose assign macro, and then click Edit. In the code put an apostrophe in front of the line of code that reads:

Range("RootSum!K3").Value = Range("RootSum!K3").Value + 1

should look like this when done:

'Range("RootSum!K3").Value = Range("RootSum!K3").Value + 1

(when you scroll or arrow off that code it will turn green which means it is now disabled.)  Now when you click the H/C Filter button, it will do everything the same EXCEPT update the RootSum value in the yellow box on the RootSum tab to the next value.  You'll have to update that yourself.

For the AHP weights please see the AHP_Example.xlsx I posted and read the AHP papers listed in the reference section of the paper I posted.  It is the values in the YELLOW cells on the AHP tab that determine the weights.

I have not been tracking the winning AHP values as they are really determined by the current statistics for each of the filters. So I believe it is more important to track the filters and try to determine patterns and relavance there.  But if you do decide to track them for a while and find so important correlation, please do inform us.

Again, thanks for your feedback, it helps make this a better tool.

Thanks again.

I will work on a way to create a table with the winning AHP Values and their ranking at the time of the draw.  It may take a while; but it looks like a match function working off of your highlight of the winning value after the new draw is input and a short macro will do the trick.

I'll get back to you latter,  Right now I have to go Cut the Grass.

Florida
            United States
            Member #126774
            April 16, 2012
            1434 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2016, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Do you have a key, to what the colors mean?

It seems the ones that have the most GREEN in all fields, rank the highest?

In your first video, on the Roots Tab, you were mentioning how Root 3 was closest to 0, but I never

understood what you meant.

In the video, you said Root SUM 3, was best because it was closest to 0. Does the different color shades, indicate values?

Then you said Root SUM 9 was the most overdue, but the OD tab has 8, forget the root 0, but 8 at 13 draws. I checked

the PDF first to see if it explained it, but I didn't see it anywhere, unless I'm blind lol.

Florida
              United States
              Member #126774
              April 16, 2012
              1434 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2016, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Wow today was super close. 290 came out.

Root 2                                                                               SUM 11                       vTRAC SUM 9 

1221                                               And then this is where it lost. The width. I noticed the width isn't as consistent. 290 Width 9. Looked like 5 should be right?

So for sake of Argument, say I chose 9. 

Then we have 201, which came to 290 for todays draw. That Width filter, so close lol.

United States
                Member #123200
                February 15, 2012
                52 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2016, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

ScreamingMidget,

Let's see if I can answer all your questions:

The colors in the cells are Excels conditional formatting. Cells with the low values are white, with high values are green and varing colors for in between values. It makes it easier to spot high/low values.

The OD cells turn Orange when their values is > -2 and < 2 (which is very close to zero or being due now).

H/C cells are blue if cold (-1), white (or light blue) if neutral (0) and red if hot (1).

Root Sum 8 did have more draws overdue (13) than 9 (12) but 9 had been picked more next (4 times where as 8 was not picked nexted). The AHPod ranking takes into account ALL the columns (D60, OD, N, H/C) when calculating it's rankings. That is why 9 was ranked higher for AHPod.

Yes the Width and H/C filters are very tempermental.  Sometimes W works good, sometimes HC is better.  They are not perfect. I have gone back and forth as to which should preceed the other. In this case, definitely HC should have been used prior to W or just HC and not W at all.  That's why i say test the tool for a while. Get a feel for how it works and then adjust your fire.

Good Luck and thanks for your feedback.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #126774
                  April 16, 2012
                  1434 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2016, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

ScreamingMidget,

Let's see if I can answer all your questions:

The colors in the cells are Excels conditional formatting. Cells with the low values are white, with high values are green and varing colors for in between values. It makes it easier to spot high/low values.

The OD cells turn Orange when their values is > -2 and < 2 (which is very close to zero or being due now).

H/C cells are blue if cold (-1), white (or light blue) if neutral (0) and red if hot (1).

Root Sum 8 did have more draws overdue (13) than 9 (12) but 9 had been picked more next (4 times where as 8 was not picked nexted). The AHPod ranking takes into account ALL the columns (D60, OD, N, H/C) when calculating it's rankings. That is why 9 was ranked higher for AHPod.

Yes the Width and H/C filters are very tempermental.  Sometimes W works good, sometimes HC is better.  They are not perfect. I have gone back and forth as to which should preceed the other. In this case, definitely HC should have been used prior to W or just HC and not W at all.  That's why i say test the tool for a while. Get a feel for how it works and then adjust your fire.

Good Luck and thanks for your feedback.

Awesome. Thanks for the response. Not criticising you or anything. Just playing draw by draw, seeing and showing what's happening.

Just understanding more about the program. Thanks again for sharing. 

FL Eve, let's see what happens. 148 184 418 972 766 788 878 887 866.

United States
                    Member #123200
                    February 15, 2012
                    52 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2016, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

The sweet smell of successs...

https://youtu.be/k9b9UkjKgGM

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #126774
                      April 16, 2012
                      1434 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2016, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Nice, I didn't know you could just copy paste and move on to the next filter, skipping the one you don't want to play for. Congrats on your win!

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #2218
                        September 1, 2003
                        5387 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2016, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win.  I smell a winner!!

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                          Member #81314
                          October 16, 2009
                          18975 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2016, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

^5 great win, and nice video.

Party

Good Luck.

The Struggle is real!

United States
                            Member #123200
                            February 15, 2012
                            52 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2016, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

A number of players have noticed that the first 100 or so rows of each sheet in the STATS workbook are just numbers, no formulas. The reason for this was the workbook I was using was very large and too slow with all its calculations (I was getting memory errors and such), that I selected a bunch of rows and turned them to just values to eliminate the need for the overhead for all the calculations.  Well if you paste in your state's data into the STATS workbook, the data on the other sheets will be wrong (at least the first 100 rows or so).

So here is a corrected workbook.  Yes it's new, improved, and even stinkier....Pick3 FART Stats version 2 - the stink-quel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvoolxilgdy4pil/Pick3_FART_Stats_v2.xlsm?dl=0

The Filter workbook is fine so no need ot replace it.  I deleted the old stats workbook.

As mentioned before:I make no warranty, explicit or implied, as to the usefulness or accuracy of these spreadsheets. And I will provide no technical support for them.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #126774
                              April 16, 2012
                              1434 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2016, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

A number of players have noticed that the first 100 or so rows of each sheet in the STATS workbook are just numbers, no formulas. The reason for this was the workbook I was using was very large and too slow with all its calculations (I was getting memory errors and such), that I selected a bunch of rows and turned them to just values to eliminate the need for the overhead for all the calculations.  Well if you paste in your state's data into the STATS workbook, the data on the other sheets will be wrong (at least the first 100 rows or so).

So here is a corrected workbook.  Yes it's new, improved, and even stinkier....Pick3 FART Stats version 2 - the stink-quel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvoolxilgdy4pil/Pick3_FART_Stats_v2.xlsm?dl=0

The Filter workbook is fine so no need ot replace it.  I deleted the old stats workbook.

As mentioned before:I make no warranty, explicit or implied, as to the usefulness or accuracy of these spreadsheets. And I will provide no technical support for them.

Thanks. for some reason my workbook is all screwed up. There's like blanks lines in some of the tabs. I wonder if it's because I was updating multiple draws at once. Going to have to start over.

Also, how do we update the sum trend chart? Unless I'm reading it wrong, but I think the SUM Trend is still from your draws.

Here's some of the last few draws I entered.

And here's the SUM Trend page.

Dang, I just realized this, the Hot/Cold isn't being updated on the stats workbook, as you can see to the far right. Is that normal?