Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

whats the deal with Chino Hills Powerball winner?

Topic closed. 83 replies. Last post 4 months ago by Rexer90.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
875 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2016, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

The Chino Hills winner may have been a high level executive and may have needed some time to transition his/her position to their successor.  Most states only allow 180 days to claim and they had the luxury of a year grace period.

I agree most folks would have started enjoying their wealth much sooner but chances are this couple were well of to begin with and made absolutely sure everything was in order prior to coming forward.

There are so many unanswered questions

• Was it a single or multi-game ticket?
  • Was it self-pick or quick-pick?
  • Were they regular players or did they only play because of the jackpot amount?

Answers we may never know because of no press conference.

Their choice, yes, but I want to know!!!

The Robinsons had 4 tickets = $8

The Nickel 95 Trust in Fla won with their own numbers 

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4102 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2016, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

There are so many unanswered questions

• Was it a single or multi-game ticket?
    • Was it self-pick or quick-pick?
    • Were they regular players or did they only play because of the jackpot amount?

Answers we may never know because of no press conference.

Their choice, yes, but I want to know!!!

The Robinsons had 4 tickets = $8

The Nickel 95 Trust in Fla won with their own numbers 

There are some things in life that will always go unanswered. They made a choice to keep their information on what you want to know to themselves. I for one respect them for that . When a couple get married, l never want to know where they going for their honeymoon..maybe that's just me,  but I don't need a personal tour Meatman. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      875 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2016, 12:00 am - IP Logged

There are some things in life that will always go unanswered. They made a choice to keep their information on what you want to know to themselves. I for one respect them for that . When a couple get married, l never want to know where they going for their honeymoon..maybe that's just me,  but I don't need a personal tour Meatman. 

It's not them I want to know more about, it's the ticket!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Maryland
        United States
        Member #162434
        January 2, 2015
        886 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2016, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Nothing to prevent you starting your own 501c3 after dumping a chunk of money into your own charitable trust & feeding the 2% a year to your own 501c3. Start a car museum or buy a couple of old aircraft etc. There are rules about benefiting from donations to your own 501c3, but if you aren't paying yourself a wage from the donations you make etc then there are ways around the personal benefit clause. Besides, with the $197M (after taxes), you shouldn't need to pay yourself a wage etc from the 501c3. Dump $47M into the trust & keep the other $150M, maybe spend 20% on REIT's. That still leaves you with $120M burning a hole in your pocket. $20M mad money, $100M in other investments. Sorted.

You seem to understand the 'trust' game.  You in the industry?

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
          The Great Smoky Mountains
          United States
          Member #59921
          March 31, 2008
          266 Posts
          Posted: July 25, 2016, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

I think they did everything the right way and the way one should do if they won a large amount of money. I saw the picture of their old house and thats it. Haven't seen the new one or even a picture of the couple. Im sure they deleted their social media accounts like facebook, etc.

If I ever won. I would do what they did.

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
            Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4849 Posts
            Posted: July 25, 2016, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

I think they did everything the right way and the way one should do if they won a large amount of money. I saw the picture of their old house and thats it. Haven't seen the new one or even a picture of the couple. Im sure they deleted their social media accounts like facebook, etc.

If I ever won. I would do what they did.

There was a  brief story about them on ET late last night. They (the reporter) said they took their time to get their ducks in a row, closed their social media accounts, issued a brief statement, and got out of town to figure out how to manage their new found winnings.

They had their act together right from the get-go. Must be seasoned players. Good for them!!!  Cheers

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4102 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2016, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

There was a  brief story about them on ET late last night. They (the reporter) said they took their time to get their ducks in a row, closed their social media accounts, issued a brief statement, and got out of town to figure out how to manage their new found winnings.

They had their act together right from the get-go. Must be seasoned players. Good for them!!!  Cheers

It's been said that the best time to move out of the neighbourhood following a Huge jackpot win is after Dark. The only creatures who should be watching you move your stuff are the cats & dogs & depending where you live, possums and raccoons in the area. You can always count on them to not say a word.

Image result for cats watching people

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                Member #164603
                March 8, 2015
                599 Posts
                Posted: July 26, 2016, 11:29 am - IP Logged

It's been said that the best time to move out of the neighbourhood following a Huge jackpot win is after Dark. The only creatures who should be watching you move your stuff are the cats & dogs & depending where you live, possums and raccoons in the area. You can always count on them to not say a word.

Image result for cats watching people

Moving out after dark looks very shifty, though.

My guess would be starting at 9 AM woul be best, as people are off to work or running errands.

LA Ca.
                  United States
                  Member #172750
                  February 3, 2016
                  88 Posts
                  Posted: July 27, 2016, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

You seem to understand the 'trust' game.  You in the industry?

More like "industry adjacent" & I did a bit of reading up on the subject  :)