Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

whats the deal with Chino Hills Powerball winner?

Topic closed. 83 replies. Last post 4 months ago by Rexer90.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4106 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2016, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

l got to thinking that if the winner is alive & well and knows that they are holding the remaining winning ticket, they either pretty loaded with cash to begin with ...so " no hurry" or they figure that they will step forward just as the California commission steps forward to say  " game over."

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Pa
    United States
    Member #162117
    December 22, 2014
    85 Posts
    Posted: June 9, 2016, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Maybe they are waiting for a very busy news day, such as around the election, so their story gets buried by the 24/7 news cycle election coverage.

Florida
      United States
      Member #171219
      January 3, 2016
      95 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2016, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Maybe the dog ate it!     

Frown

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
        Member #169277
        October 10, 2015
        630 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2016, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Maybe they are waiting for a very busy news day, such as around the election, so their story gets buried by the 24/7 news cycle election coverage.

That's a very good idea, claim on election day and avoid being in the spotlight. 

However, I couldn't wait very long, you'll see me show up at lottery headquarters within two weeks.

LA Ca.
          United States
          Member #172750
          February 3, 2016
          88 Posts
          Posted: June 15, 2016, 12:58 am - IP Logged

They just missed the opportunity to do that......

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
            Upstate NY
            United States
            Member #174656
            May 5, 2016
            755 Posts
            Posted: June 15, 2016, 1:01 am - IP Logged

They just missed the opportunity to do that......

(S)He is talking about the general election in November, not the primaries, i think 

United States
              Member #106134
              February 13, 2011
              806 Posts
              Posted: June 15, 2016, 10:11 am - IP Logged

They could have claimed yesterday and no one would have even paid any attention to a lottery winner because of the Orlando thing.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1513 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2016, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Just imagine what players who have misplaced their ticket are doing right now. They do not know if they have a winner or not. They are tearing up their homes trying to find it. LOL

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                  Member #165244
                  March 30, 2015
                  227 Posts
                  Posted: June 16, 2016, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Lost in space...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

Arkansas
                    United States
                    Member #175301
                    June 9, 2016
                    67 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2016, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

a quick google search says the winner overdosed on cocaine,

Happy California
                      United States
                      Member #157856
                      August 2, 2014
                      1513 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2016, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Turkey I know that California is full of fruits and nuts but this is getting ridiculous. Crazy!!

When the Lottery Officials play the video of the winner purchasing the ticket then all hell will break loose.

How could anyone who played for $1.5 billion lose their ticket? 

I am sure that there a some who placed their ticket in a safety deposit box before the drawing.

Wink

OneTrickpony's avatar - thought

United States
                        Member #167657
                        July 25, 2015
                        70 Posts
                        Posted: June 21, 2016, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I read somewhere that a Hedge Fund manager won, but it's probably not true.  But then again, the way even rich people were buying up thousands of dollars in tickets out there, who knows!

My guess is that the winner is going through a divorce and is waiting until the gavel falls on the final decree, then they will head straight for lottery HQ (hey, it's been known to happen...).   Big Grin AngelEvil Smile

Happy California
                          United States
                          Member #157856
                          August 2, 2014
                          1513 Posts
                          Posted: June 21, 2016, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I read somewhere that a Hedge Fund manager won, but it's probably not true.  But then again, the way even rich people were buying up thousands of dollars in tickets out there, who knows!

My guess is that the winner is going through a divorce and is waiting until the gavel falls on the final decree, then they will head straight for lottery HQ (hey, it's been known to happen...).   Big Grin AngelEvil Smile

Argue Then they will both be back in divorce court in front of a Judge to explain themselves. It has been recorded in past cases that the hider of lottery winnings had to pay all the winnings over to the other.

I will use the Search box and try to find the case. The woman hid her winnings that were won before the divorce was finalized. The Judge was told this by the husband who found out when he got a notice in the mail congratulating her on the win. The Judge ordered the Ex-wife to turn all the winnings over to her ex-husband. She appealed but lost in Appeals Court.

I found a happier case. Use the Search box and type in True Love: Lottery winner reveals secret only after.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
                            Upstate NY
                            United States
                            Member #174656
                            May 5, 2016
                            755 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2016, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Argue Then they will both be back in divorce court in front of a Judge to explain themselves. It has been recorded in past cases that the hider of lottery winnings had to pay all the winnings over to the other.

I will use the Search box and try to find the case. The woman hid her winnings that were won before the divorce was finalized. The Judge was told this by the husband who found out when he got a notice in the mail congratulating her on the win. The Judge ordered the Ex-wife to turn all the winnings over to her ex-husband. She appealed but lost in Appeals Court.

I found a happier case. Use the Search box and type in True Love: Lottery winner reveals secret only after.

You're thinking of Denise Rossi. But that's Cali. Cali is very devoted to the idea of splitting everything in half in a divorce and thus the judge really threw the book at her. In most places the results would be very different. 

United States
                              Member #170707
                              December 13, 2015
                              185 Posts
                              Posted: June 26, 2016, 7:41 am - IP Logged

Sorry, but this won't work.

The ticket is dated. So if you were married on when the day the ticket is purchased. Then 1/2 belongs to your spouse. It doesn't matter if you get divorced after.

Also the courts are way backed up with divorces. It could take longer than a year to get divorced.

If you purchase and win the lotto AFTER you are divorced, then you are in the clear.