Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Seeing patterns where none exist

Topic closed. 93 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Rick G.

Page 7 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2003, 8:11 am - IP Logged

There is one factor that has not been brought up in this discussion.  It is an intangible factor....there is no scientific data to corroborate it but it's a part of our existence.  Many of you will disagree with me on this one.  I'm as analytical as the next guy, but there are forces that go beyond analysis.  It's called the human factor.

Are we, as sentient beings, able to influence the outcome of dvents that happen around us in some as yet unknown fashion?  I don't know.  This is a whole other topic of debate.

The odds of the number 911 coming in are 1000 to 1 in a single drawing.  The odds of 911 coming in the evening draw on 9/11/02 in NYC where the attacks occurred exactly one year prior are indeterminate.  That coincidence is too great to ignore.  Was there some other factors involved, such as human consciousness that might have affected this outcome.  Again, I don't know and I'm not a statistics/probability expert, but I would place those odds more in the vicinity of 1,000,000 to 1.  It gave me chills and reinforced my theory that there are other forces out there affecting everything around us that we are unable to tap.  Meanwhile, we have to use our simple Bronze Age tools and Neanderthal knowledge to predict future dvents.

PS...I have to come around to this side of the forum more often...you guys are good!

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Florida
    United States
    Member #526
    October 25, 2001
    127 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2003, 8:42 am - IP Logged

*Andrew*

WINHunter - Freeware Lottery Number Predicting software for the 21st century. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

www.sourceforge.net/projects/winhunter

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2003, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I would just like to point

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2003, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Greg, allow me to extrapolate on Gail's advice..."The trend is your friend" and the bend is the end...let the pattern be your lantern. 

I don't know jack squat, but that's how I play it.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).