Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New breakthrough prediction system

Topic closed. 415 replies. Last post 13 years ago by visiondude.

Page 5 of 28
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2003, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I don't know, I like this idea (something new for a change)... been toying with something like it since April but lack the programming skills to implement it. I can't speak specifics on Guru's system, but here's my spin on the theory...

Let's use the Lottery Post QuickPick generator as an example...

When you generate the picks, it needs a starting point, the seed... usually generated by the exact time on the system the request was recieved... the seed is our variable of interest, the one we want to manipulate.

when you run the QP generator for 50 picks, they are all initiated by the seed, which most likely was set when you clicked the button to start it. If you choose to generate another 50, you must click the button to do so (setting another seed, and ending up with different results). Imagine, for a moment, that the 50 picks generated were NOT for the same drawing, but rather for a series of 50 drawings... that's what I'm after...

Now let's see how it would be used most effectively for the powerball...

The program would need to keep the entire history of the game in it's current configuration (currently 96 drawings). It would need to take a seed and generate drawings (more than the number of drawings you have in the history file... I think 312 should do... 3 years worth). After the numbers are generated, it starts comparing... if the first 96 generated lines EXACTLY match the 96 drawing results in the history file... you may be onto something. (he he he)... if not, change the seed and re-generate until it does match. Given the fact that guru mentions things like "get 3 numbers right 90% of the time", I don't think we're talking about the same thing... My theory would generate one and only one ticket to play (if it was right 96 times in a row, I'd spend that $1 FAST)

you would need to do this both for the 5 white balls, and again (independently) for the powerball, because in reality, they are isolated and independent dvents (2 machines, the output of one in no way influences the output of the other)

Theory is not fact... just an idea... but wouldn't it be cool if it worked? I personally think it would be socially irresponsible to go and sell it (ruins it for everybody else)... I also think it's worth at least trying... I will most likely remain too stupid to figure out how to code it into a program, but if it ever does work... no one will ever be asked to buy it...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19903 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2003, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I tried to write a similar routine, but if you are going to pick 50 lines with one seed you have to have 50 or more of each numbers available to be picked.  In a real draw like Megamillion there are 52 balls and 51, 50 ,49 and 48 after each ball is picked and the next draw starts with 52 again, new group and new seed.  You might be able to find a seed that would match one draw, but that seed most likely would not match the next 5 numbers.  The Guru was only planning to match 3 out a possible 10, but even that would be impossible in my view.  Even if you know for sure that 3 of the winning numbers were among 10 numbers you could wheel, you would come out losing money if you wheel all ten numbers to cover every possible combinations of three.  If anyone every come up with a system such as Guru were suggesting, we will probably read about someone winning all the major lotteries in the world about the same time.

RJOh   

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: September 7, 2003, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

the devil is in the details...

the lottery post qp generator can pick 50 at a shot, I am assuming that somehow the original seed is transformed from line to line... I'll have to start scouring the 'net for RNG source code in order to get a better understanding of how to proceed...

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
        light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2003, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

it's at these times that i

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Belgium
          Member #2220
          September 2, 2003
          553 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2003, 12:05 am - IP Logged

hypersoniq:

your idea is not so wrong. But what you say would be impossible. It would take years before the process was finished (if it ever finishes). Lotto Synchronizer fragments the given data (you only need to enter the last 3 draws). These draws give enough information to force the randomness in the correct state for about 40 to 100%. To be honest, we discovered this process by accident. It only took veeeeery looooong before we could actually do something with it (control it more or less). I advice you read some articles on "strange attractors" to understand what I mean with "state".

Belgium
            Member #2220
            September 2, 2003
            553 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2003, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Rjoh

It's true, you could lose money in a single draw by wheeling 10 numbers to cover every possible combination of 3. But we are going for the 4's 5's and hopefully 6's. the 90% guarantee of matching 3 would normally be enough keep your losses very low till you match 4 or 5. And matching 4 or 5 shouldn't take too long with this system.

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2003, 4:50 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Guru on September 08, 2003

hypersoniq: <<< cool, got the "Q" (it's really not a "g", lol)

your idea is not so wrong. But what you say would be impossible. It would take years before the process was finished (if it ever finishes). <<< time and cpu cycles could be conserved by prequalifying the seeds based on the first drawing only... then running the subset with the next draw also...  Lotto Synchronizer fragments the given data (you only need to enter the last 3 draws). These draws give enough information to force the randomness in the correct state for about 40 to 100%. To be honest, we discovered this process by accident. It only took veeeeery looooong before we could actually do something with it (control it more or less). I advice you read some articles on "strange attractors" to understand what I mean with "state".

thanks for the tip. keep us posted on your progress.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                Member #91
                January 19, 2002
                12015 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2003, 7:15 am - IP Logged

You guys keep talking about this and your gonna end up splitting the atom again.....Tell you what first one from lottery post to win the jackpot wins!!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #1340
                  April 6, 2003
                  2450 Posts
                  Posted: September 8, 2003, 7:23 am - IP Logged

here's a free version of an out of print book on strange attractors, but it's geared more towards the generation of fractals.....

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/fractals/booktext/sabook.htm

Belgium
                    Member #2220
                    September 2, 2003
                    553 Posts
                    Posted: September 8, 2003, 7:44 am - IP Logged

hypersoniq

I believe that's not correct. The random state constantly changes over time. Therefor you would not be able to determine draw 150 for example by starting from draw 1. It is not as static as we would all want it to be.

If you still wanted to try this, it would take an impossible amount of time to compute the shifting between different states. If you could even just figure out how and why they change.

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #1340
                      April 6, 2003
                      2450 Posts
                      Posted: September 8, 2003, 8:29 am - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Guru on September 08, 2003

The random state constantly changes over time. Therefor you would not be able to determine draw 150 for example by starting from draw 1. It is not as static as we would all want it to be.

exactly, and if you do need a temporal component, you already have it... the date of the drawing! barring a change in policy from the MUSL, the powerball will always be drawn on a Wednesday or Saturday ,so modifying the initial seed by somehow incorporating the date in the calculation satisfies the change for each of the drawings.

as for the work involved, you could prequalify a list of seeds capable of satisfying the first iteration (matching the first draw) before moving forward.... if it somehow makes it past the last draw, then let it finish.

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: September 8, 2003, 11:30 am - IP Logged

this looks like an interesting .dll to use...

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=2810

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #1340
                          April 6, 2003
                          2450 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2003, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I can't believe how rusty I am at VisualBasic... took me 2.5 hours to come up with a powerball (pseudo)RNG that sorts the output... for a single pick

oh well, every journey starts with a single step,

thomsol's avatar - speedykat
                            Minneapolis, MN
                            United States
                            Member #1744
                            June 25, 2003
                            32 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2003, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I can't believe we got on a Random Number kick....  If anyone is having success picking lottery tickets using random numbers, please let me know, I'd be very interested.  Until then, it doesn't seem to make much sense to me (though I would keep an open mind).

Remember some wishes are more important than others.... http://www.wish.org

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2003, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

I'm in, We're finally kicking around some new ideas... besides, nothing else that I have tried so far seems to be working.

this might just be a genuine practical application of Markov Chains...

Page 5 of 28