Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery programs

Topic closed. 149 replies. Last post 13 years ago by RJOh.

Page 6 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

If invented a system that worked, would you share or use it yourself?

Share it (sell it) [ 63 ]  [53.85%]
Keep it to myself [ 54 ]  [46.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 117 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 20 ]  
LaurainMass's avatar - strawberry
Boston,Massachusetts
United States
Member #2924
December 2, 2003
65 Posts
Posted: January 21, 2004, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I beg to differ Pick-4-Master,that system would have to hit everyday and flip like the lottery flips.In fact that system would have to be the end-all-to-be-all system.In fact,that is the kind of system I would want to share and sell lol.People should always make a point to thrive for perfection.Star Trek was purely someones fantasy and now we have cell phones,Tazers and wrist televisions and Space Shuttles and even better,Laptop Computers.

Laurajean

United States
    Member #60
    October 28, 2001
    455 Posts
    Posted: January 21, 2004, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Well Ms La

reddog's avatar - patch
      Greensboro, North Carolina
      United States
      Member #1616
      June 5, 2003
      1287 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2004, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

In Virginia, a combo costs

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2004, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

the only way a system can possibly be considered successful is if you get more $$$ than you spend... this can be over time, but not a LONG time.

PA cash 3

straight for $1 = $500

boxed for $1 = $80

A 10 ticket system would cost $20 per day, on a 30 day cycle, this would cost $600

to be a working system, this would need to produce 1 straight and 2 box hits in that time frame, or 8 box hits.

on a weekly basis, 7 days = $140, you would need 1 straight or 2 boxed hits.

if you play mid and evening, then double the amounts and requirements, if you play more tickets than 10,adjust accordingly.... a formidable challenge for any system, and one I have NOT seen beaten yet.... not even close...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

China
          Member #3032
          December 16, 2003
          1081 Posts
          Posted: January 23, 2004, 8:39 am - IP Logged

a working lotto system dont need more than 10 draws to make a 4+1 winner

Florida
            United States
            Member #526
            October 25, 2001
            127 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2004, 8:04 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by LaurainMass on January 21, 2004

I beg to differ Pick-4-Master,that system would have to hit everyday and flip like the lottery flips.In fact that system would have to be the end-all-to-be-all system.In fact,that is the kind of system I would want to share and sell lol.People should always make a point to thrive for perfection.Star Trek was purely someones fantasy and now we have cell phones,Tazers and wrist televisions and Space Shuttles and even better,Laptop Computers.

Laurajean

Let me first start by saying that after having tested my own developed software, that I must agree with some users here.  It seems that no software has been written to date, that can give a lottery user an edge.

With that said, I will go on to say this.  I have been the sole developer of a software called WINHunter.  This software has features not found in any other program to date.  This software allows the user to build filter designs like never conceived.  The concepts and ideas of this program (I hope) bring about concepts I expect to see in the next generation of Lottery software.

Before you go and say I am a software pedeler, consider this.  WINHunter is an OpenSource project (meaning the software is free, and the sourcecode is readily available to anyone/everyone).  What is interesting to note, is that NOONE has truly stepped in to help with developing it, other than a handful of dedicated users who have helped with bug reports and given new development ideas (my thanks to you, you know who you are).  I also find it interesting to note, that other opensource projects on the internet (such as Linux) are doing great with supportive users/developers.  Perhaps part of this, is due to the belief that a lottery simply CANNOT be predicted.  I think part of the problem here, is that noone has shown data that leans towards predictability, or have they?

Consider this point...  If you take each possible lottery draw for a 6/49 game, and number the first draw as #1 (1,2,3,4,5,6) and the last draw #13,xxx,xxx (44,45,46,47,48,49), you would have a linear index of the draws in that game.  These numbers are called Lexicographical Index Values.  You will find that for any given lottery, that there beings to appear a minimum distance between draws that the Index values fall.  There begins to emerge a "signature".  Each lottery is of itself, a massive mathematical formula with many variables, too many in fact  to be able to attempt to predict it.  But where does software come into the picture?  Some software is intended to help you capture the MOST likely next candidates for the next drawing (as is the case for WINHunter).  In my own testing of WINHunter, most prediction methods tend to work for a short period of time, until some aspect of the game changes.  For some reason, prediction methods begin to fail, and successful prediction methods fall out of the streak they were once in.  To date, no software available takes advantage of "knowing" that it's methods are no longer working.  But what if a software could be designed to recognize a familing method, and replace that method with another method that in previous draws, was more successful?

In response to Laurajean's post, I agree.  Lottery software MUST be able to "flip" with the lottery.  That is something that has not really been found in lottery software to date, until now.  Let me state this again, in no way am I "pushing" my software.  Actually, my ultimate goal is to drive the BIG lottery software houses to changing their development tactics.  My software has the ability to "flip", as you put it.  My software can implement user designed filtering methods.  It can show you how well, or how not so well a prediction design performed over the entire past history of any given lottery in a matter of a minute or two.

But why hasn't anyone jumped on the software bandwagon?  For one, I have not taken the time to "push" false claims.  Also, I think the fact that the software is "free" is an issue all of its own.  One issue that has also been brought up, is that WINHunter is simply too difficult to use.  Do you really expect software to be able to whittle down several million combinations to a winning number by a couple of clicks?  Let's get real.  It takes 4 to 5 software applications and many years of software development (and an understanding of weather concepts) to predict Hurricane paths, and they still dont get it exactly right.  But they do get close...  Honestly, I really dont know.  But, the WINHunter project is here to stay, and will continue to develop and evolve.

*Andrew*

WINHunter - Freeware Lottery Number Predicting software for the 21st century. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

www.sourceforge.net/projects/winhunter

Johnny5's avatar - japheth
              Ocala
              United States
              Member #3015
              December 13, 2003
              70 Posts
              Posted: February 11, 2004, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

For what I C. Everyone is in a world of who can do it and who can not. Well I will tell you all .. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE... I will take on your stupid challanges.. or anything of the like.. You know why.. because all it will prove is just how random the lotto really is.

Look.. I don't care what any of you have for sale or not. The fact is that if it is or not for sale.. Lotto Programs will by proven fact.. help Lotto Players get closer to winning than if they don't use some type of probable calculation to win.   A quick-pick is just that.. "QUICK" pick... no reductions,filtering,wheeling...etc...etc...

So there is NO WAY that you can even say.. you have the same chances..   

I hate it when people just dare to say.. that something does not work.. and they probably have never taken the time to even learn a software system a little or even at all.

You guys have seen it.. over and over... I even shared with guys.. a P4 win I had.. of $5000.00 and still I see these same outragious postings of how a software program has as much a chance as a "QUICK" pick...tick... what a crock..

I am ashamed of you guys... stop talking crap..and get with the program.. try it .. before you knock it.. don't just talk it..

You even had one guy post numbers and get 3.. what more are you looking for... a mirracle... well we are not Gods we are programmers.. and we can only calculate... and get close.. not give 100% assurance of the next number hitting... WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE...

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: February 11, 2004, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Amen Brother!!!!!

China
                  Member #3032
                  December 16, 2003
                  1081 Posts
                  Posted: February 11, 2004, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

this is the difference between a christian and a non-christian

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: February 11, 2004, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I'm not a Christian I'm Catholic

Australia
                      Member #3084
                      December 22, 2003
                      328 Posts
                      Posted: February 11, 2004, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Andrew

I've had a bit of a look at your WinHunter Program. To be honest I got bored.

It basically came across as an exercise in Class Creation. It has no real user interface. Now I'm sure you would get lots of marks for it in a Computer Science Course but as a practical bit of programming it's a dud.

Do something constructive in Access or Excell and I will contribute. There are lots of little functions I have that I don't mind helping out others with.

Now before you get on your high horse check out my postings. I'm sick of not being attacked by Programmers in this Forum; the silence has been deafening. I thought with a bit of flack from you guys I could sharpen up my thinking.

So here I am out in the open - hit me with your best shot.

Colin F

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #526
                        October 25, 2001
                        127 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2004, 7:11 am - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by Colin F on February 11, 2004

I've had a bit of a look at your WinHunter Program. To be honest I got bored.

Sorry mate.

It basically came across as an exercise in Class Creation. It has no real user interface. Now I'm sure you would get lots of marks for it in a Computer Science Course but as a practical bit of programming it's a dud.

Again, Im sorry you feel that way.  I thought a plugin architecture would best enable other users to develop their own "classes".  Besides, you can connect to the WINHunter Object from within Access itself, and extract whatever data you wish.  If you need me to show you how to create the object "classes" inside Access and/or Excel, I'd be more than happy to do so.

I do thank you for your developers opinion though.  It's alwasy nice to get such positive support from other peer developers.

Do something constructive in Access or Excell and I will contribute. There are lots of little functions I have that I don't mind helping out others with.

Im guessing you want to see charts and graphs.  I thought there was enough chart/graph software available, that I didn't need to attempt to re-invent the wheel in that regard.  Or else you wanted something in Access or Excel simpy because they are more mainstream and more users have Access and/or Excel installed on their machines (I would guess that 98-99% of users don't have VB6).

But hey, obviously WINHunter is not for you.  At the time of development, I did not see how Access or Excel was going to get me where I wanted to go with the project.  And I still don't see how developing in those applications will get me there.  True, I excluded alot of every day users contributions by developing inside a development environment.  But then again, the coding techniques I planned on using would have been new or too complex to most Access or Excel users anyway.

Now before you get on your high horse check out my postings. I'm sick of not being attacked by Programmers in this Forum; the silence has been deafening. I thought with a bit of flack from you guys I could sharpen up my thinking.

Who said I am going to take a shot at you?  So you dont like the software, and you dont like the architecture.  OK, no problem and no surprise.

If you can show me a better way to accomplish the design goal I set out to do, then I am all ears.  BTW, with all of my objects as Active-X "Classes" you can use any of them from Access.  If you don't like the interface, then design your own.  By buiding the project as I did, no one is limited to what "I" have done, other than designing a simple "class" oriented architecture.  I have made every effort to make the project as flexible and as reusable as possible.  If you want to start an Access or Excel project, I would be gald to contribute.  You can email your main Access MDB to

WINHunter was meant to show new ways of designing/testing filtering techniques.  As far as the initial purpose of WINHunter goes, it has met its purpose.  I didn't write it to make money.  I wrote it to prove a point, that lottery software tools "CAN" be written that enable the user to do what they want.  It also proved that most users don't want to have to "make a choice".  They would rather point and click their way to a win without any interaction what-so-ever.

*Andrew*

WINHunter - Freeware Lottery Number Predicting software for the 21st century. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #526
                          October 25, 2001
                          127 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2004, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Colin,

Would you be so kind as to email a copy of your spreadsheet/DB/code to me?

winhunterai@users.sourceforge.net

Also, you may want to read this thread, it describes in better detail exactly why WINHunter was written the way it was written.

http://www.lotto649.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2147

*Andrew*

Australia
                            Member #3084
                            December 22, 2003
                            328 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2004, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Andrew

Certainly, just after I see your $1,000,000,000,000 deposit into my Bank Account.

Alternatively, you could use your undoubted programming skills to test your program by using Random Selections and Random Draws as outlined in previous Posts of mine and let us know the result.

I commend you on your response- no abuse- just a taunt. I think if we keep this civilised there could be a positive result.

Kind regards

Colin F

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2004, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

I have winhunter... you need to also download the source and read through it from within Visual Studio to really appreciate the treasure trove of information contained there. If you want a prettier UI, it is open source, you could add your own.

The only thing I noticed is that I had to modify the Powerball data file because in the first line it counted the second machine as 1/53 rather than the 1/42 it is, that was easily fixed with notepad. Also, I eliminated all data prior to the current matrix of 5/53 + 1/42 as I feel it's irrelevant. My current dataset has 141 drawings.

I say great work Andrew!

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Page 6 of 10