Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery programs

Topic closed. 149 replies. Last post 13 years ago by RJOh.

Page 7 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

If invented a system that worked, would you share or use it yourself?

Share it (sell it) [ 63 ]  [53.85%]
Keep it to myself [ 54 ]  [46.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 117 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 20 ]  

China
Member #3032
December 16, 2003
1081 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2004, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

you cant invent any system that really works unless you do some real predictions.Prediction before the draw is never easy as you thought would be.Actually there would be many troubles for you if you claim you have cracked the lottery and even sell it.Smart people wouldnt choose to do that.He might share the results with people but never selling that .

Florida
    United States
    Member #526
    October 25, 2001
    127 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2004, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Colin F,

Dang, I had a reply all worked up and somehow it never posted...

Anyway.  What I had said, was that a test was run last year during the month of March.  Several users posted predictions from the software, along with Random numbers generated by Random.ORG.  I myself only participated in the trial for the first week.

The results brought out two distinct issues.

1. Random numbers out performed the user designed stacks in that test example.

2. That the user designed stacks was only a small set of possible prediction schemes possible from WINHunter.

There is discussions of a full blown prediction test of ALL lottery software to date going on in the RGL newsgroup.  This prediction test would entail a detailed explanation of how to repeat the prediction tests with said software.  These prediction tests would be run against several lottery histories, and would be performed against past historical data.

The prediction sets would be of raw numbers only, No wheels.  This would prove how well the program performs at choosing the base set of numbers, since a wheel is only as good as the numbers fed into it.  As far as the results of using Random numbers and WINhunter performance, the tests speak for themselves.  But again, in regards to WINHunter, the test only showed how well THOSE stacks performed. 

My goals in regard to Performance, is to find a stack that can consistenyl predict small sets of numbers, and still "Trap" the winning combinations.  Using a stack I built over a year ago, you can see the past performance of this stacck against the entire Florida lottery history (http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/81341).  This stack may not "Consistently" (as in on a weekly basis) predict sufficient numbers to wheel, let alone predict enough matches.  The goal in this optimization, was to capture the lowest number of balls drawn that generated a matching Jackpot Win.  This tack produced the August 28th, 2002 prediction.  Mind you, this prediction was a month old at the time (it was September when this stack was created).  But look at the draw #15 in the rundown list.  That is the December 20th, 2003 prediction.  Those are the numbers WINHunter would have predicted for the draw that day.  Is this useful or beneficial?  You tell me....

You can't think of WINHunter as a "system", but you must think of it as a System Designer.  The WINHunter project is in no way complete, in fact, it has only just begun.  There are tons of analysis programs out there, and tons of wheeling programs.  WINHunter brings a totally new set of features to the table.  It shows concepts not ever used before in Lottery software.  Think of WINHunter as a proving ground.

Let me tell you about an example function that I was allowed to convert into a WINHunter function.  An RGL regular member described a function, which used a fixed set of values to use different groups of past draw history to score numbers based on which group they appeared in.  His method was origionally performed by hand.  It took maybe 2 days to complete the conversion of his function into a WINHunter processor.  This Processor enabled the user to test the function in any way s/he saw fit, against whatever amount of past history s/he wanted.  By incorporating this function as a processor, WINHunter was able to read the configuration options and thus perform Optimizations with this Processor.  Optimizer results could be viewed and stack designs saved for further optimizations.

One of the interesting things to note about this processor, is that WINHunter would find a slightly better performance gain by adjusting some values of the Processor from the inventor's defaults, depending upon the history being tested with.

*Andrew*

WINHunter - Freeware Lottery Number Predicting software for the 21st century. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

www.sourceforge.net/projects/winhunter

Australia
      Member #3084
      December 22, 2003
      328 Posts
      Posted: February 13, 2004, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Andrew

Obfuscate as much as you like - you won't convince me of anything other than your shirking the issue.

My methods are refined using Random Numbers, tested against Random Numbers then tested against Lotto Histories. Within the band of 300% to 400% better than Random Selections they are the same. My method of testing would satisfy what is referred to as the Scientific Method.

Subject your program to the same tests and let us know the results. I suspect the reason no one has done so in this forum, not even given the results from Random Selections, is because they are a bit embarrassed.

Less talk- more action Andrew. Give me some results.

Colin F

Florida
        United States
        Member #526
        October 25, 2001
        127 Posts
        Posted: February 17, 2004, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Colin F,

http://www.lotto649.ws/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=37&daysprune=1000&sortorder=desc&sortfield=lastpost&perpage=25&pagenumber=4

Review the trail posts from this search.

I will compile the results and list them here for you, based on what was posted (with random numbers).

The Canadian lottery results can be found here...  http://www.lotto649.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1659  But according to their results, their stacks didn't perform much better than random chance.  I quote one of the trial participants "This trial is really about a users ability to create a successful predicting stack, not an indication about how good WinHunter is as SW."  It is very important that you understand that WINHunter will NOT generate predictions without user interaction.  The user ultimately has to make some choice as to what to use in order to generate predictions, whether it be AI built stacks or user defined/optmized stacks.

Otherwise, here are the results of the tests that I performed:

California Fantasy 5 (5/39)
        Predictions: 7
        WINHunter:      1of5=3  2of5=2  3of5=0  4of5=0  5of5=0
        Random Numbers:  1of5=6  2of5=0  3of5=0  4of5=0  5of5=0

Flodia Fantasy 5 (5/36)
        Predictions: 7
        WINHunter:      1of5=3  2of5=2  3of5=2  4of5=0  5of5=0
        Random Numbers:  1of5=3  2of5=3  3of5=0  4of5=0  5of5=0

Florida Lotto (6/53)
        Predictions: 2
        WINHunter:      1of6=0  2of6=1  3of6=0  4of6=1  5of6=0  6of6=0
        Random Numbers:  1of6=2  2of6=0  3of6=0  4of6=0  5of6=0  6of6=0

Florida Mega (4/32 + 1/32mega)
        Predictions: 1
        WINHunter:      1of4=1  2of4=0  3of4=0  4of4=0
        Random Numbers:  1of4=0  2of4=0  3of4=0  4of4=0
        +1 WINHunter:    1of1=0
        +1 Random:      1of1=0

Now the honest truth...

WINHunter can be optimized how ever the user see's fit, in order to capture the prize tier they are targeting.  You can't optimize Random chance, because the sample always changes.  WINHunter's results are repeatable, based on past historical data.  Now consider this, the past historical data IS random numbers, thus the stack produced/used to generate predictions utilizes past numeric data from the number generator itself (lottery machine).

I have submitted test results  as you requested AND the testing methods are available for ALL to see and scrutinize.  Will you do the same?  Provide your test methods, and your test data, just as the Scientific community does.  Or are you going to be just another scientist who claims to have discovered COLD FUSION?

*Andrew*

WINHunter - Freeware Lottery Number Predicting software for the 21st century. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

Florida
          United States
          Member #526
          October 25, 2001
          127 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2004, 8:14 am - IP Logged

Colin F,

I once again, invite you to take part in the prediction trials being discussed in the RGL newsgroup.  They too, discuss scientific methods to prove prediction concepts.

*Andrew*

China
            Member #3032
            December 16, 2003
            1081 Posts
            Posted: February 17, 2004, 9:46 am - IP Logged

There are too many methods and systems.Now what we need most is some really good predictions

United States
              Member #1410
              April 22, 2003
              357 Posts
              Posted: February 17, 2004, 10:16 am - IP Logged

RJOH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one who have constantly cashed in winning lottery tickets have ever come forward to explain their system, not even professional gamblers who buy winning lottery tickets in a tax evasion scheme. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never met you but our thinking is on the same page

Like Rick Ricardo used to say "someone got some splaining to do"

Webmaster LeRoy

Florida
                United States
                Member #526
                October 25, 2001
                127 Posts
                Posted: February 17, 2004, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Colin F,

http://www.lotto649.ws/showthread.php?s=&postid=44085#post24973

It all depends on what you configure WINHunter to do, and what game you are playing.

*Andrew*

NYC
                  United States
                  Member #2988
                  December 10, 2003
                  237 Posts
                  Posted: February 18, 2004, 8:09 am - IP Logged

This is an interesting thread that I hope will continue.

To the WinHunter author: Have you ever thought about producing a version that can run on a PDA (PalmOS or Pocket PC)?

(It's particularly ironic to see Lottoscorp "reply" to LaurainMass -- especially after being outed in another thread as the *same person*!)

Oh, I have to add:

Several years ago -- I don't know how many -- I saw *two* reports on TV news about some guy in Massachusetts who "broke the algorithm" to the lottery and was sharing the results with people. Did anyone ever come across news reports of this? I've always wondered if:

1) Mass changed the lottery machinery

2) If his system actually worked

3) If he's still doing it

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #526
                    October 25, 2001
                    127 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2004, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Colin,

One more thing...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/81684

Excalibur is requesting the initial version of WINHunter.  Perhaps you should look at it, then go back to the new version and give some feedback.  Also, goto the origional homepage here http://winhunter.freeservers.com/ and look at the "what's new" page http://winhunter.freeservers.com/whats_new.html.  Alot of the project goals have been met, somehow or another.  And with the help of LT at LottoTutor, WINHunter was able to make a permanent impression on the internet.  You should review the download stats on the sourceforge site (although they are currently locked, sourforge's problem).  I have at least 1-10 downloads a day, as well as regular page visits.  The WINHunter user base is growing.  And I expect it to continue to grow, and for the project to continue to grow and develop as well.

With the object oriented design (which you complained about *pokes your ribs*), WINHunter can be programmed to load other software's history files, as well as other functions not currently inside WINHunter.  Why don't you make a contribution, perhaps  of intillectual value (i.e. sourcecode, or ideas).  WINHunter already boasts several user conceived Processors, which no other software has available.

In fact, given the current design architecture of WINHunter, Todd could even inplement it into an ASP page here which generates predictions based upon user supplied XML data (or how ever he wanted to format the useage).  Simply put, the possibilities are endless with how WINHunter was written.

*Andrew*

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #526
                      October 25, 2001
                      127 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2004, 8:22 am - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Millennium on February 18, 2004

This is an interesting thread that I hope will continue.

To the WinHunter author: Have you ever thought about producing a version that can run on a PDA (PalmOS or Pocket PC)?

(It's particularly ironic to see Lottoscorp "reply" to LaurainMass -- especially after being outed in another thread as the *same person*!)

Oh, I have to add:

Several years ago -- I don't know how many -- I saw *two* reports on TV news about some guy in Massachusetts who "broke the algorithm" to the lottery and was sharing the results with people. Did anyone ever come across news reports of this? I've always wondered if:

1) Mass changed the lottery machinery
                      2) If his system actually worked
                      3) If he's still doing it

I have not yet developed one for a Palm/Pocket PC version, but that is not a far fetched idea, since a project I am working on involves Pocket PC development.  In order to do this though, the entire project must be ported over to VB.Net.  Gie me a year or so, perhaps this will happen!

Same person? *shrug*

As for the guy from Mass, I dont know.  I did once receive a letter with some neural net software that a man had sent in to the company.  He was from Cali, and had developed a neural net that was able to predict the Cali F5 drawings.  He won several 5 of 5 jackpots, as well as alot of lower tier prizes.  This was many years ago, when WINhunter was still being worked out in DOS QuickBasic (and yes, I still have that code somewhere too)...

*Andrew*

United States
                        Member #1759
                        June 29, 2003
                        1156 Posts
                        Posted: February 18, 2004, 8:25 am - IP Logged

How about putting the Code in WinHunter?

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #526
                          October 25, 2001
                          127 Posts
                          Posted: February 18, 2004, 8:26 am - IP Logged

Neural Net?

*Andrew*

United States
                            Member #1759
                            June 29, 2003
                            1156 Posts
                            Posted: February 18, 2004, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Yes,how long ago was it when you recieved that code? I have a friend in CA who's in the Lottery business and knows a lot of developers\programmers.My friend was a Beta-Tester for many programs some are still on the market most are not.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #526
                              October 25, 2001
                              127 Posts
                              Posted: February 18, 2004, 8:36 am - IP Logged

I didnt get the code for the neural net software, jsut the exe's.  Besides, that was over 8 years ago!  My PC was a 486 at the time even...  I don't even begin to pretend to know how he arranged his nodes in the neural net, but I do understand the concepts.

A neural net (when developed and trained properly) can take a set of data, and make some logical sense out of it, and can begin to predict outcomes based upon input data.  The nodes in the net "train" themselves based upon past historical data.  It is a neat concept, and it works quite well with some information.  But alot depends on how you desing your neural net.  So I left it at that.

*Andrew*

Page 7 of 10