Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did you ever wonder?

Topic closed. 162 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
USA
United States
Member #1849
July 15, 2003
265 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2004, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes I think people like us, those who are in thought of winning will never win. That is not to say I am negative and I do play consistently myself but it always seems someone who never plays wins the big ones. It's an odd thought I have but I think I would be better off to play more sporadiacally than consistently. Have any of you had similiar abstract thoughts? Lest hope if one of us here wins we come back to give everyone hope that is possible for the daily dreamer. Cheers all and best wishes for a new year.

Calscorp's avatar - dnk st
    Bakersfield
    United States
    Member #1568
    May 24, 2003
    421 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2004, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I have read alot of stories about winners. Most say they always knew they were going to win. But then you hear about someone that plays for the very first time (perhaps playing $1). I prefer to be positive about.

I still think about the ones that play single picks. That happened Wednesday night. The person ahead of me in line asked for five single picks and I asked for five quickpicks. I got one number and the mega. Wonder if she did any better. I almost played the way she did. Maybe next time. lol

United States
      Member #3004
      December 11, 2003
      248 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2004, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

well,  ...............its not luck if thats what you are thinking. dont spend so much money at once.when i first began "playing" cash five in texas, i went around to different c-stores getting quickpicks one each store, 5 miles apart. i would hve a total of around 20-25 tickets each night. this was to not play or win.......but to see what numbers the machines were giving, and if they varied from store to store. come to find out, they were all almost the same quickpicks. sose, i played the numbers they"didnt" give me.............and i got 3 numbers...................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? and i looked at the quickpicks and none of them had one number.  i did this several times. but, dont get me wrong, i wouldnt drive around town buying papers for the mkeedeez monopoly gameboard, or would i? yes!! i bought 100 papers and  from all over town and guess what??????????? i didnt win a stupid nothin, thats what!!!!!!!!!!!!!ive won more total money in p3. larger payout for 3 numbers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8361 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2004, 7:59 am - IP Logged

Then if not luck maybe fate. If you buy a ticket and it wins then that was your time to win.

Elkins,WV
          United States
          Member #3210
          January 3, 2004
          66 Posts
          Posted: January 3, 2004, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

I Know I will win Powerball In 2004 no doubt!!!!

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
            light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2004, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by four4me on January 03, 2004

Then if not luck maybe fate. If you buy a ticket and it wins then that was your time to win.

now your talking.  welcome to my world.

look i don't mind if you plagarize my mantra ;  "if you are 'meant to'.......you will.    if you are not.........you won't.

vision

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8361 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2004, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I believe that everything that happens to you is fate it's something you can count on. The way you deal with fate and how it affects you is another matter. Good karma should produce great dvents. And bad karma the opposite.

Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1610
                June 3, 2003
                668 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2004, 4:33 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by acronym007 on January 02, 2004

Sometimes I think people like us, those who are in thought of winning will never win. It's an odd thought I have but I think I would be better off to play more sporadically than consistently.

I recently saw a television interview where a well known actress said that she had been wishing for a certain acting award for years and came very close but never received it. She said that it was as though the harder she chased it (wished for it) the more it eluded her. She decided that she might probably never get it.

She went on with her acting career and within a few short years was nominated for and received just the award she had longed for. She agreed that it seemed almost like a "Zen type of thing..." By going on with her life and trying to do good acting work...it's as though the award chased (found) her.

Just because one wishes for a lotto jackpot and plays quite regularly doesn't mean that lucky 'sporadic players' will always get it instead of you. Despite the odds, there are many stories about jackpot winners who have been playing along consistently for long periods (some even using the same numbers) who (with a little luck) have let the jackpot finally find them...

...and it did.

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
                  dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2004, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

i never buy those stories of people who claim its their first ticket . it reminds me to much of women claiming to be virgins. while it may be true is some cases it probably isn't.

Zeno's avatar - ummm
                    Somewhere in Washington
                    United States
                    Member #3103
                    December 24, 2003
                    51 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2004, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I guess a more important question is:

Why do you believe you should win?

USA
                      United States
                      Member #1849
                      July 15, 2003
                      265 Posts
                      Posted: January 4, 2004, 1:00 am - IP Logged

I don't believe anyone is entiltled to win or for that matter no one is more derserving. My only personal disappointment comes from hearing millionaires win, that is bad, I mean they already live a decent life and earn more than 70% of most Americans. It's not encouraging for me to hear those stories, it simply is bad. I hope a bright, ambitious individual wins, someone that will do something with the money and not take it to strip clubs like the last big winner in West Va. I mean the guy was already a millionaire, doesn't that just bite you all in the arse? He does me. Anyway the point of my message was more along the lines of our thoughts regarding lottery not if who deserved it. I sure don't deserve it. If it ever happens to me, to God be the Glory I am truly underserving.  Cheers.

Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #1610
                        June 3, 2003
                        668 Posts
                        Posted: January 5, 2004, 5:23 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: O
                          Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #1610
                          June 3, 2003
                          668 Posts
                          Posted: January 5, 2004, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

it's also fascinating to read that the lady (in the above article) said that she "uses a combination of birth dates when picking her numbers" in other words she varies her six number sets but chooses from a relatively small defined (pool) of numbers ...those are virtually the identical words of the woman who won the California lottery earlier this year. remember the woman who carried her lotto ticket around in her purse for the longest time without realizing it was a winner. i believe she used the phrase "played around with birthday numbers" for each ticket choice when she described her number picking technique. having a defined group of numbers from which to choose and rotating and varying the six currently being played on each ticket ...all chosen from the slightly larger pool. with Powerball, a person can even make the elementary switch of the red ball with one of the white thereby continuing to play the same tiny pool of numbers, yet varying position and creating a completely new ticket ...many new tickets. being creative and rotating numbers yet limiting oneself to a relatively small group from which to choose.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3104 Posts
                            Posted: January 5, 2004, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

I think I have a fairy godmother who's semi-retired and out sick alot, but sometimes, BLAM !!! she comes through with a major bit of luck.  Bob

United States
                              Member #2460
                              October 7, 2003
                              766 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2004, 12:28 am - IP Logged

I think that none of you got interceptor's idea, he didn't want to be, too blunt about it, but the idea that he tried to convey, is that the quick picks are fixed, to give you numbers that will not win.

And so therefore if you make your own and choose other numbers other than what the quick picks give you, you will have a better chance of winning.

Comprende?

Some time ago, I was trying to give you all a similar idea concerning the predictions on the lottery forum and even the smart-ones didn't get it and took it wrong.

The idea that i was trying to give to you was that if you choose any other numbers, other than the ones predicted on the lottery forum you will probably have a better chance of winning, not because the predictors are at fault, but because probably state lottery people always take a look at those numbers and well, you know what i mean, Don't you? I don't want to be too obvious, (I can't spell) But i hope that this time you understand what i really mean and get the point.

Page 1 of 11