Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did you ever wonder?

Topic closed. 162 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Todd.

Page 6 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
Thomas Covenant's avatar - money
South Carolina
United States
Member #491
July 16, 2002
837 Posts
Posted: January 11, 2004, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Visiondude may have a point. Do you really think the Panthers could have gotten this far this season without Divine Intervention?

Okay, now I believe you can predict lottery numbers

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: January 11, 2004, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on January 11, 2004

By the way what were you designed to do educate us about GOD? I'm just curious the way I see it when GOD wants to change someones mind or heart he will use special means to do this.But since everyone may not benefit from this he'll make changes by using another way that's more suitable for the individual.Since I have such a problem with some of the things you say I'm quite sure your not here as a TOOL to help me.He'll find a different way to get through to me if that's the case.

first of all do you believe that God uses people to get his point across?  of course he does.

i do have to dispell any notion right from the start that i am not any better than anyone else.  that i possess something that others might not.  such is not the case.  i am no one special in that vein.  the only validity that anyone can hold when it comes to representing God accurately to others so that they might grow in faith is a committed personal relationship with God whereby they are willing to play the game Gods way.  only that person will dventually over time know who God is and what he wants and subsequently will be able to lead others in that same direction.  because that person knows God the possess the ability to not only steer people toward God,  but away from the things in life that displease God.  the key to knowing who has that ability and who doesn't lies in having a personal relationship yourself and there is a HUGE difference between being "religious" and having a relationship with God.  the difference between knowing ABOUT God and KNOWING God.  big difference.

i don't pretend to think that whatever God has decided about you,  is somehow up to me.  i would have to be a fat head to believe that.  i realize that "my words" are insufficient.  but i also realize how God works and "sometimes" he chooses to use "people".  in all actuality my words are not so much aimed at you as they are meant for something bigger than that.  in all actuality #2 it is none of my business as to whether you will ever adjust to anything i have represented to you about God.  that is between you and God.  where my responsibility lies is that whenever the ooprtunity presents itself to share the truths about God, i step up to the plate and deliver.  the fallout of that is up to God and not me. so really this is probably more about others than it is about you. so the tool part of it is that i walk thru the door when that door opens.  whoever joins the party, is icing on the cake.

maybe someday you will catch the importance of life and allow yourself to be a "tool" that God uses to bring others to a more intimate knowledge of him.

vision

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: January 11, 2004, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

i forgot to add that you can do or be anything you want because God guarantee's  you a free-will.

however don't be surprised because he is the creator and you are the "created",  that he has the right to tap you on the shoulder from time to time to remind you that he is God .....and you are not.  he will go to great lengths without violating your free-will to remind you who he is, that he loves you and that he has a better plan for you than you do for yourself...

20/20

United States
        Member #3004
        December 11, 2003
        248 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2004, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

pick4master u be trippin really badd mann.u dont know theres pieces of the bible missing. u dont know who controls  this. you dont know who makes things happen or allows things to happen. you dont know and you wont know until you "see" one day. until then, you will be in the darkness with most of the population. not making fun of you but, anyone who sayss their creator has "nothing" to do with lottery is not in tune with reality in the real world. not making fun of you, but all things are scrutinized and allowed and disallowed by a creator.nothing is ignored. no such thing as luck .no blind chance. re-read your kj version. the portion avaliable to the public anyway. only mr tyndale and mr coverdale know what really happened ..........and theyre not talkin.

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2004, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

What the "HECK" are you talking about Interceptor? anyway now that everyone is finished we can get back to the subject this Forum was intended for Church is over so let's go home now.And one final note I don't care what anyone says GOD does not DICTATE who WINS the Lottery or not my own FATHER who is a VERY RELIGIOUS Man doesn't even believe this to be true and we have differences of opinion when it comes to the subject of God and Religion.But this is one thing he agrees with me on but too each his own until the Man Upstairs tells me he does personally as far as I'm concerned it's not true.But I don't really care anyway since I already know I'm going to WIN.

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2004, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by interceptor on January 11, 2004

u dont know theres pieces of the bible missing. re-read your kj version. the portion avaliable to the public anyway. only mr tyndale and mr coverdale know what really happened ..........and theyre not talkin.

you should be willing to give more credit than you are.

you don't think for a minute that God left it up to "man" to preserve his words for him do you?  if that were the case,  then we would all be lost as we couldn't possibly trust any written documents. God would be much more through about something that serious.

truth be told, God preserved EXACTLY what he intended to preserve for the propigation of his will to mankind.  just the right amount for the right purpose for the right time. anybody who actually knows God vs knows "about him",  can tell that within the confines of Gods preserved word lies the immutable story of a God who has gone to great lengths to insure that his creation "can" know all about (without excuse) who he is and what he wants from his creation.  not just a historical "compilation" of what happened "to" man at different points in history.  the documents that you speak of can fully be trusted,  but not understood by someone who doesn't know HIM first. 

to them it is just.....a book.  to the child of God, they become the very words of God.  preserved not only for now, but thru all eternity.

"heaven and earth will pass away.  but MY WORDS will NEVER pass away"  (the part that can still be bought in your local store. emphasis is mine)

(you were right about God being "involved" though...)

"parts"ofavisioncannotbemissingandstillbelabeleda"vision"

light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2004, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

pick4,

you never answered my question.  i asked you what where you going to say to me after i win and where it came from?  you also said that it was because i "prayed" about it and God answered my prayer.  if that was the case, how do you explain why he didn't answer with a yes to all the other people in here who ask him that?  if you say that God doesn't pick and choose, then how can you explain why he picked me instead of someone else?  that is providing he really did in which case only time will tell.  surely you agree in that scenario, he "picks and chooses".  you have a duty to answer this question now.  not so much for my sake, but for all those people out there who have prayed to God and are awaiting an answer (or "feel" they already got one).  what do you have to say to them when he doesn't do it?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i do have to clarify one thing about my little journey.  i never once asked/prayed that God would let me win.  he came to me about it, i didn't go to him and in fact it took awhile for him to convince me of it.  this isn't something that i "wore down" God about until he relinguished.  he had a plan, told me what it was and gave me the tools over time to adjust to it. so this business about praying to God and asking him to let me win doesn't apply to me.  for reasons that only he fully knows, it happens to be part of his plan for my life and because it is a "God-thing",  it is not about money.  money for his reasons alone happenes to be the "tool" of his choice.  it could have well been any other thing/talent/arena of life.

another thing i have to clear up before someone gets twisted over my statement that God picked me over ANYBODY,  the reasons for him doing so are his alone.  but i can guarantee you that it is NOT because he likes me better than anyone else.  that i am somehow "closer" to him than others.  that i have somehow behaved better than others and this is his "reward" for my faithfulness to him.  none of the baloney excuses that others can come up with that somehow God has picked me because i somehow qualify more than others.  that would not be an accurate barometer of how God works. there are plenty of people with whom God provided them the means to be rich, who are evil God-hating individuals.  and of course many people that belong to God and whom he allows them to struggle thru life financially and otherwise.  and of course everywhere and in-betwen. it's real simple....it happens to be his plan for my life, just like it was his plan when he took all the years preparing me for it by dragging my life thru the "preparation mud".  i didn't make a big deal about it when the hardships seemed unending and i won't make a big deal about it when i win.  it's a function of the overall plan for my life....but it is not my "life".

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

why are you unwilling to reveal your methods for knowing your future?  you said that everyone possess this ability and yet if thats true,  you are unwilling to talk about it?  that makes no sense to me.  why do i get the feeling that you might be into something that in the long term will end up being detrimental?  if you are a believer in God,  you will ascribe to his ways when it comes to these arenas of life because if you don't,  you could be opening up yourself to the other side of that coin.  what is beautifully presented on the outside, can be vey ugly in it's conclusion.  the evil one is an excellant adversary who lives to deceive people into a myriad of things designed specifically for wasting a persons time and hope.  like four4me said, he is really good at mimicing God at what seems good at the onset.  hopefully for your sake you haven't bought into one of his many lies. 

so what is it?

partofhavingvisionisalsobeingperipherallysound

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #491
                July 16, 2002
                837 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2004, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Or you could be wrong, Visiondude. History is full of people who thought they had a special relationship with God. Some of them turned out pretty bad. I think the most famous was Jeanne d'Arc. There is a slight difference between her visions and yours.

We are friends, V-dude, but you have been getting carried away in here. Even to the point of accusing people who don't act as you do of being a "non-believer". Even to the point of accusing Pick-4-master of being influenced by satan.

People have different beliefs. Bottom line is no one has absolute proof of who is right and who is wrong. Just knowing it in your heart don't cut it. Everyone who has strong relious beliefs knows it their heart. You are not the authority on the ultimate truth.

United States
                  Member #1759
                  June 29, 2003
                  1156 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2004, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I know that you didn't pray for it,I know GOD came to you so there's nothing for me to say,I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though if GOD chose you then what about the other people that won that didn't recieve any message from him do you agree that they just WON on there own by chance? I hope your answer is yes because if not then your wrong you see you were making it sound like anybody that ever won the Lottery was because GOD chose them and the ones that didn't was because he didn't choose them.Now from what your saying I do believe in this case that GOD can select who wins but you can still win whether he chooses you or not.If your neighbor never got a message personally from GOD saying he would win he could still go out and buy a Quick-Pick or whatever and WIN just like you are.So basically you can win by praying or in your case be chosen or just do it on your own like many people do.Play lucky numbers for 10 yrs,buy a quick-pick,use software or systems or dream the winning numbers.I hope this answers your question because I never doubted your claims that you were chosen to WIN,by the way did he tell you when this Lottery Windfall would occur? if not you can expect it in about 7-10 yrs from now.And finally to answer your questions about everyones "SPECIAL ABILITIES" let me say that your "WRONG" to think that I'm doing something detrimental if you don't even know what it is I know when the Devil is involved and when he isn't that's what these abilities help us do once you are aware of them and know how to use them.We have what I like to call "Special Senses" but what others call "Intuition" or "Psychic Abilities" I prefer not to label them as that these senses can warn you of dangerous situations people that are not trustworthy or have negative intentions.They let you know when a person or situation is positive or a place is safe to be or not to be in I have had these senses warn me of things many times in my past but I didn't understand what they were so I ignored them and got myself into ugly or unfavorable situations.Years ago I was buying a second car for me and my wife and when I went to purchase the car and hand over the $800 I got a strong twisting sick feeling in my stomach.I didn't know what it was so I ignored it months later the car broke down because the transmission was bad.2 yrs later I discovered what actually happened I was being warned not to purchase the car because it wasn't in good shape.I've had dreams about things that were going to happen before I was told about them.Years later I fully understood what was going on we have these Special Senses that can pick up things our conscious mind cannot but our subconscious mind can.Our Mind is a powerful thing and has many abilities a lot of us aren't aware of once I learned about this I began strengthening my abilities by becoming more aware of them.This is not "BLACK MAGIC" or a guaranteed way of picking WINNING lottery numbers even though I've read several articles where a person did play numbers that he thought of in his head and WON.

I had this happen to me in 1998 while taking a shower 5 numbers just popped in my head and I had a very strong feeling to play them and 4 of them hit.I also did this with the Pick-4 but the numbers came up 5479 and I had 5749 that popped in my head.I prefer to use my abilities in personal areas of my life but not gambling

because it requires too much to do so but not with life related things or situations.Whether you believe this or not is irrelevant because it's done by many people in the world some are aware of it and most are not and the rest just don't know how.When things happen to them they don't understand it's just "COINCIDENCE" to them.I met many people that have told me stories where there senses came in to play very strongly.We live in a mysterious world where things happen most don't understand or claim it's the DEVIL there just CLUELESS about what's really going on.I'm not gonna go any further with this because what I've said already probably doesn't coincide with your way of living but I assure you it doesn't go against GOD in anyway.

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2004, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

You make a GOOD point Thomas because I've met Religious people like VISIONDUDE before but they were WAY OUT there with the things they believed.The only problem I have with VISIONDUDE is that SOME of the things he says

NOT all are very close to being a "RELIGIOUS FANATIC"

my definition of this is a person that is so into GOD that nothing else is possible or right if it seems to go against GOD even though GOD made this world which is full of possibilities no matter how unusual they maybe.Hence the comment I made about his beliefs being in the MIDDLE AGES these people don't seem to be open-minded to other things especially if they don't understand them.They have to be from the Devil or not GOD's way or what GOD wants us to be doing.I have studied Astrology,Numerology and Tarot Cards and was told by a Religious Friend of mine that they were tools of the Devil.I told him I "WASN'T" trying to "CONJURE" the Devil I was studying them as a Hobby and had never read anything where the DEVIL was mentioned.

USA
                      United States
                      Member #1849
                      July 15, 2003
                      265 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2004, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Wow, this topic turned in a different direction. LOL. You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!!!!! Cheers all.

South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #491
                        July 16, 2002
                        837 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2004, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

This really needs to stop now. I have been in Christian Forums where the people got 10 times this viscous. And this thread is headed that way.

United States
                          Member #1759
                          June 29, 2003
                          1156 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2004, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Well I answered his questions so hopefully this is the END of it because as far as I'm concerned it is for me!!!!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #1340
                            April 6, 2003
                            2450 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2004, 4:25 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: O

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2004, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Thomas Covenant on January 12, 2004

(1) Or you could be wrong, Visiondude.

(2) Even to the point of accusing people who don't act as you do of being a "non-believer".

(3)You are not the authority on the ultimate truth.

(1) of course i could.. my "proof" lies in the future.  right now i am a hot bag of wind.    of course number2,  you are hoping that i am wrong so that you can say "i told you so".  it's what you live for.  but true to your screename,  you will have your excuses ready when that time comes as well.  you always do.

(2) while i do get carried away because of my passion to represent God accurately over the feelings of others,  if you go back and read my posts the "unbeliever" parts where aimed at UNBELIEVERS (people who DON'T believe in God)),  not at people who had a belief in God that differed from mine.  when it comes to the things of God,  people are at different places in their faith and i delivered it as such.  your clouded heart missed it.  what you didn't catch was the parts that i did deliver that were aimed at people of faith for the benefit of knowing God a little bit more.

(3) nope...not me.  but i do KNOW the one who is.  look i am not afraid no matter how much opposition i get that i will ever apologize for claiming i know God.  to think that there is a God,  yet no one can know him accuretly?  people like you would love to nueter God by saying that it is impossible to "know".  maybe in your heart it is.  that somehow NO ONE knows or represents the absolute truths would be akin to stripping God of his power and authority.

despite whats happened in here, i do not ever feel the need to shove it down someones throat.  nor do i go out of my way to offend anyone.  but one thing you will never catch me doing despite your best efforts, is that i will shrink back not only from what i believe, but in the communication of it.  how could i possibly if i really know?  other people are afraid of standing up for what they believe because of the possibility of offending someone, or they are too worried about being "PC".  i am not one of those persons.  i won't kick down a door but you can bet i will walk thru it standing straight up.

(4) as "friends",  we have always agreed to disagree.  it is an unfortunate move on your part to feel the need to dress me down publically when you should have done it in private.  unfortunately #2,  i had to respond to you in public as well to defend the charges you have leveled my way.  hopefully some day you will change the idea that you must work so hard at proving everything wrong, that you miss an opportunity when something "right" comes floating past your heart.

(5) if you think you have dented my resolve/mission in here,  not quite.  you have only strengthened it inadvertantly.  something i know right now you can't possibly understand.  hopefully in your future.  opposition only strengthens who i am.  it serves to solidify in the end what i stand for.  time will tell if i know what i say i know.  that day is approaching doubting thomas.  work on your excuses because you are going to need them...

(6) when opposition gets this heated,  from past experience it just means it's getting............close

ifapersontrulyhasvisionthatcomesfromgodnoonecanstopit

Page 6 of 11