Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

IL Hawthorne racing meet-Exactas

Topic closed. 83 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Rick G.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #3403
January 19, 2004
108 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2004, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Rick..I am between Rockford otb...the Aurora otb..and the Peru otb..lol... I like Rockford the best...But will go to Aurora on Sunday if you want to go there...good luck Saturday.  It is 1:30 pm here, I couldn't get here earlier today.  But my tri pick all day would be..1/346..and 146 again.  Catch you later.  I'll check back here later tonite.

United States
    Member #3403
    January 19, 2004
    108 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2004, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

What am I thinking...its Easter on Sunday...nevermind...

pa
      United States
      Member #2827
      November 19, 2003
      28 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2004, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

rick do you play all those on every race ? i didn't do to good today because i wasn't sure how you played those ...thanks i am in pa also

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2004, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Teej, no I don't play all combos every race  The exactas that I'm listing are to be considered in all races.    Look back at my previous posts for ideas on how to play them.  You have to remember,  I'm playing on paper not at the track and I don't know probable payoffs etc.

However you would have made money playing them all yesterday...had 5 winners out of 10 races...52.80, 26.40, 76.80, 37.80, 21.80.  If you had just played my favorite pick which was 4-5 yesterday, you would have bet $20 and won $76.80 or if you played just my top 3 favorites, it would have cost $60 and you would have won $141.  You'll just have to see what works for you and your budget.

Today I only have a few and they are listed in order of favoritism..........2-5, 5-1, 4-3

Good luck!

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

LARRY G's avatar - hiro dolphin_neg.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #121
          February 21, 2002
          1453 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2004, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Rick G.

Rick I used to go to the Races...anything goes...I had a lady friend...and she was constantly, interupting for  money after the races...I was winning! You know how it is when someone interupt you when you are looking at the Stats...and the cheat sheets.  I gave her a couple hundred dollars just so she would leave me alone..! Then I asked her...how she was selecting the horses...and she told me the Jockeys jersey....I went off..! Just when I was ripping her apart...she calmly said I won...I looked at her ticket..she won she won $12,200...! What could I say?  Anything and everything goes...

Go for it!

Larry G.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2004, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

That's a good one Larry!  And it does seem to work like that.  My sons have won more than me playing the names of the horses when we have gone together.  And I was like you, studying every piece of info possible related to the race and they were making their selections in minutes!

United States
              Member #3403
              January 19, 2004
              108 Posts
              Posted: April 12, 2004, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Rick..here's picks for tues....$1 tr1 key...2/134...$1 ex box...137

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2004, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Sorry I'm so late today...only one hour 15 mins. to post. Brdman,  your tri's look good and I especially like your 1-3-7 exacta box.  (If I was including the 7 post I would like 7-1 and 1-3 is my fav. today)

My exactas for today listed in order of favoritism are:

1-3, 1-4, 2-5, 5-1, 3-5, 6-1, 4-3, 5-4

Good luck players!

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2004, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Just to clarify myself...when I list in order of favoritism, it has nothing to do with the odds.  It simply means I'm ranking them from left to right for the most likely to come in today to the lesser likely.

For example today, I think the 1-3 has the best chance of coming in.  Once it comes in, it might be wise to look at the second combo, and so on.  Just another idea...there's a whole lot of ways this can be played.  After a period of time, I hope to have better suggestions on how to play 'em.

United States
                    Member #3403
                    January 19, 2004
                    108 Posts
                    Posted: April 13, 2004, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

One day this wek I am going to the otb...this weekend i think...your picks are very good...keep it up.  Sunday or Saturday you were on fire...Later

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: April 14, 2004, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Thanks Brdman...I see you had a couple exactas involving the 1-3.  I got burned because 6 of my exactas came in reverse order and one of them (5-2) in the 2nd paid off 458.60.

Still working on the best way to play them...straight, boxed, etc.  Hopefully time will give us a clue.

Preferred exactas for Fri. are

1-3, 5-1, 3-5, 1-4, 2-5, 4-3, 5-4, 3-1, 6-1, 4-5

See ya Fri.!

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                        Clarkston, Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #76
                        January 6, 2002
                        8528 Posts
                        Posted: April 14, 2004, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Rick,

My son has a horse named WALL STREET AFLEET

Watch out for him.............he is gonna be awesome.  He had some problems for awhile but he is back in full swing now.  He races at Hawthorne frequently. 

Just thought you might want to follow him.  My son has another race horse named PINK CHAMPAGNE who is more awesome but she races across the country in the 2 year old filly class.  She is making a mark, that's for sure.  Her only drawback is she likes turf......solid turf, not wet so she does lousy when it is wet turf........but when it is dry and solid......she took her first 3 races and ended in 1st place in all of them.  I think he comes close to making his money back on her.  Pardo is the jockey who rides her mostly and he is a great jockey.

I know you guys are talking about the trifecta and such but just keep an eye out for WALL STREET AFLEET at Hawthorne.

Sandy

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: April 14, 2004, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks for that info, Sandy...esp. about the two year old coming into form.  I will keep my eye on them!

I've broken down the amounts of bets that would have to be played and these are by program numbers for Fri.'s card, based on probable payoffs, bias and overdue.  The key might be to eliminate the exactas that have come in earlier in the card to lower your bets in the future races..  We might miss a winner, because there might be a repeat exacta, but it doesn't seem to happen often enough, and to keep the cost down, I've only limited it to the five top overdue "hot" exactas that qualify for a decent payoff in that race.  Again they are listed in order of preference.

1)  No Plays

2) 1-3, 5-1, 3-5, 1-4, 2-5

3) 2-5, 5-4, 6-1, 4-5

4) 1-3, 5-1, 3-5, 2-5, 5-4

5) 5-1, 3-5, 1-4, 2-5, 4-3

6) 1-3, 5-1, 3-5, 2-5, 4-3

7) 1-3, 5-1, 3-5, 1-4, 2-5

8) 1-3, 5-1, 3-5, 1-4, 2-5

9) 1-3, 5-1, 3-5 1-4, 4-3

10) 1-3, 5-1, 3-5, 1-4, 2-5

Good luck horse players!

Thanks again for your input Sandy...hope things are going better for you and your family.  Where's Visiondude been lately?

United States
                            Member #3403
                            January 19, 2004
                            108 Posts
                            Posted: April 15, 2004, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Very interesting Sandy...Thank you.

Rick, Hawthorne had a lot of races with only 6 horses yesterday, which is why I shouldn't do this blindly, except those picks with  the #7 would not have counted or accepted.  And yes, I noticed you had the right numbers yesterday, I am trying to figure it out also, you seem really close.

Here are my plays for Friday..$1 ex box...145...$1tri key 2/134..

I also looked at Keenland.  They are having some monster payouts in the ex/tri.  So I have selections there for Fri also, as well as Aqueduct and Oaklawn.  Oaklawn has some big payouts too. 

Good Luck!

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                              United States
                              Member #520
                              July 27, 2002
                              5699 Posts
                              Posted: April 16, 2004, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

You're funny Brdman....I used to do just what you're doing, following many tracks daily.  If I hadn't got into the pick-3 I'd still be doing it.

One reason I like the pick-3 more is that the betting is more convenient.  At one time they were talking about incorporating horse racing betting into the lottery terminals, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.  I'm losing enough on the pick-3 without losing more on the ponies!...lol

Anyhow good luck today...your picks look good.  Again I like your exacta box selections.