Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 1:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Prediction by Recurrence Analysis

Topic closed. 170 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Raven62.

Page 9 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2005, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I have never used it yet, but it sounds to me as if it might be better than Guru's LottoSync program and it is very much better for sure than the Attrasoft Predictor.

If Eugenes's chart could be translated into the actual numbers then it would be super great.

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
    Harrogate
    United Kingdom
    Member #16589
    June 1, 2005
    107 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2005, 10:55 am - IP Logged

That screen capture Eugene posted was merely to demonstrate a point about the correlation between the training data (the actual results) and a given predictive model. To make actual predictions the red line should extend beyond the blue one.

Further site additions: comparison of VRA graphs of UK Lotto, Thunderball, and EuroMillions results:

http://zarnia.250free.com/visual.htm

"God is subtle but He is not malicious." - Albert Einstein

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Alec Guinness, Star Wars Episode IV

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
      BOSTON
      United States
      Member #48
      September 9, 2001
      3611 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2005, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I agree with lantern can it actually show a list of playable numbers at the bottom.Also can you enter as many past pick 4 draws as wanted? Does it work with a pick 3 daily as well? thanks

paurths's avatar - underground
        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
        Belgium
        Member #19287
        July 29, 2005
        2254 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

A list of numbers at the bottom could be a step forward, b/c sometimes its pretty vage when you try to determine the exact x-y.
        I"ve been testing it quite "to the bottom", until my fingers hurt, due to the fact that i ran prediction, typed in the numbers in Access and then on the drawday compared the results (which i automated ofcourse). I've tested it for 5 consecutive draws, each time producing 14 numbers. (in most case VRA produced the same number several times in one prediction --> which was good, b/c this was a number i would leave out b/c in over 85 % of the test these repeating nbrs where no good.)

The overall result of the test was that each time i checked with a real draw, after creating about 300 predictions (ouch, my fingers and eyes!!!), i had all six of the nbrs at least a dozen times. Trouble is that it not once repeated whit the same dimension and delay.
        Also, when setting the nearest (# of) neighbors was set to at least 2 it seems that VRA gave better results, 'tho i had to look really close to determine what real number was the closest.

Finally i gave up on testing b/c it was way too time consuming.
        If somehow the manual setting of dimension and timedelay could be replaced by an automated system, which would save the produced data after each time the settings of dim & del changed (automatically), that would just be the max.

But then i again, i noticed there's a free version and a non-free version...

Anyway, Eugene, it's a nice piece of work.
        I truly have a hard time understanding how you could get it to be so fast in its calculations. (you used Delphi?)

G's
        Ricky

paurths's avatar - underground
          Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
          Belgium
          Member #19287
          July 29, 2005
          2254 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2005, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Hi Retxx,

i've tested it for just about any game you can find.
          Pick 3 did not score pretty good here.
          The best results i got was when i sorted the combo's from low to high and exported them from my database to 3 textfiles, so each textfile would have one column.
          For column 1 and 3 i had some pretty good results, but for column 2, which fluctuated the most, the results were not that magnificent. But then again, not every pick3 game is the same. (And i can not address this enough, sometimes 2 or more games get in the same "zone", so to speak. I ran several tests to crosscheck data from Belgian pick3 to the Georgia Pick 3 and for some months the results were really amazing. Then it faded away and several months later the hits (all straight) came again, at least 4 or 5 a month sometimes...)

Once i develope a little program that will do the crosschecking entirely automated, i will, as freeware, make it available to anyone who wants it.

Canada
            Member #2859
            November 23, 2003
            463 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2005, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

I've tried this program for the 1st time with my Ontario Keno 20 / 70 and it coulda hit for $25,000 CND or so yesterday Eek

the best setting was Nearest Neighbour / Euclidean / Dim = 17 / Delay = 4 / Neighbourhood = % of mean size 500 [every thing else at default settings]

at the current time i have 3419 draws in the 20 excell files 1 for each ball.

so i set train from =1 / train to 3419

Predict from 3420 / predict to 3420

and this gives me 1 exact number on the left hand side for each execl ball file

I'm gunna try it tonight if i get time because have to do just 1 ball column at a time.

Goodluck

FrankieH's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #21258
              September 5, 2005
              267 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2005, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone come up with a workable Dim and Delay for 6/49? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

FrankieHSmile 

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
                BOSTON
                United States
                Member #48
                September 9, 2001
                3611 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2005, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

vick could you post the keno numbers that vra came up with. I would like to see how they fare here in Mass. where keno runs every 4 minutes.

Canada
                  Member #2859
                  November 23, 2003
                  463 Posts
                  Posted: September 8, 2005, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

didn't do good tonight but yesterday's was a firecracker.:

Sept 8                  
                    keno                   
                    vra                     
                  result nearest neighbour                 
                   5 / 20 17-4 - % of mean size max = 50037101317202427303437414448505457616467
                   6 / 20 18-4 - % of mean size max = 50037101317202427313437414447505357616467

6 / 19 18-4 - #of neighbours17212722252831323326292849474463526866

6 / 20 12-5 - % of mean size max = 50037101417222427303438414448515558616467
                   7 / 20 8-8 - % of mean size max = 50037101316202327303537404447505558616467

results here:

http://lottery.sympatico.msn.ca/cgi-bin/english?job=show_results&lottery=on_daily_keno

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                    Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2005, 1:34 am - IP Logged

It seems to me that the software needs to be optimized for lottery predictions and then maybe it would be the new "Holy Grail" of prediction software.

You (we) should all send suggestions to this effect to Eugene, it seems to me that he is beginning to get interested in using his software on the lottery.

Good luck.

Harrogate
                      United Kingdom
                      Member #16589
                      June 1, 2005
                      107 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2005, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Paurths: it looks like you've come across the periodicity in predictions that the phase space plot indicated (the chess board pattern, alternating periods of hits and misses). I'm looking forward to seeing the program you're writing.

FrankieH: for 6/49 I'd suggest starting with delay of 6, and a range of dimension values, say 10 to 20, then working out from there. Something I've noticed is that good dimension values tend to be small multiples of delay, such as 2, 3, 4 times the delay.

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Alec Guinness, Star Wars Episode IV

United States
                        Member #21258
                        September 5, 2005
                        267 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2005, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Nemesys,

Do you have a suggestion for the settings of "Neighbors" and "Fixed Size"? My settings are set for Neighbors (1) and Fixed Size (25).

Thank you.

FrankieH

Harrogate
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #16589
                          June 1, 2005
                          107 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2005, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

If the predictor you're using (under Model Options) is Nearest Neighbour then the number of neighbours defaults to one (the nearest possible neighbour), and no other value is permitted. Switching from neighbours to fixed size gives poor results, so I don't use the fixed size option.

United Kingdom
                            Member #9759
                            December 20, 2004
                            20 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2005, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

nemesys can you help, ive got several  excel worksheets that ive been using with vra, and for some unknown reason it has stopped working, the vra programme starts up ok, but when i go to open a signal (ie one of my sheets) it closes down the vra programme, its only just started doing this, is there something wrong somewhere, and before anyone shouts virus, ive excluded that already, any thoughts

United States
                              Member #21258
                              September 5, 2005
                              267 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Thanks again Nemesys. You've been very helpful. Smile

Page 9 of 12