Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PowerBall odds for 100 tickets?

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #23787
October 16, 2005
68 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2005, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Well being it is the holidays, and I already bought a Millionaire raffle ticket for $20, I will not be able to get 100 this time. But I will be getting at least 60 or so. Hoping the new moon, and Jupiter brings me the "luck and money" that I need. I have not had much luck with systems, so I am going to give QPs a shot and compare this time. $40 in tickets did it for the Wests, so it should be more than enough.

But as you also said, people have won with one ticket. I know the average spent is about $5-10, and many have also won with that. I have also been working tirelessly  on visualization, and positive imaging for the past month. I am talking 24 hours a day visualizing the kind of life that I wish to live, and already believing that the money is there waiting for me. So we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am sure it would make a great world wide story, and be a little more justified that an LP member won, or one that actually "expected" to win, and uses systems frequently, as opposed to the last minute "give me a QP, never played the lottery in my life" type of person. Although I will be using QPs, it is still system. I have had this planned for about 2 months while saving up the money, and figuring out which stores, what times, and how many tickets to get from each.

So in a sense it is still all systemized. It is a lot more fun that way.Big Grin Angel  I hope something wonderful comes out of all of it. Although as I said it would make a fantastic story, I would prefer to be as anonymous as possible. Although through my visualization, and imaging, I found that it would be extremely difficult to keep quiet. That is just human nature. But I also know the risks involved of relaying too much information. But I would like everyone to know that at least finally a dedicated lottery player has won, one who has invested countless hours day in and day out studying the numbers.

Which would also provide even more hope and assurance for those who also do the same here. It would be bitter sweet indeed! Plus as I mentioned in the past, I Am not really a believer in the so called 'odds' analogy, as there is too many contradictions that has happened to prove them wrong. I don't think anyone can actually know the true odds of matching all the number, we can only theorize and speculate. Nonetheless, wish me luck! Lep I believe and have faith I will hit it.

I wish you good luck sirbrad alongwith myself.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2005, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad- a synonym for visualization in the medical field: delusional. Not meant to hamper your technique, but when I read that method, its the first thing that came to my mind. To dream is one thing and quite necessary to aspire. I agree that the "odds" don't deter those with aspirations, in fact it fuels them! Stick with what the budget can handle.  Good luck to you this holiday season! (PS- I got a side bet that you'll hit on that raffle!)

Usually those who invented such "medical terminology," or abide by such "beliefs" are those who are the most closed minded, and never obtained what they had dreamed either because of it. They rely merely on their own limited "logical" or "infinite intelligence." I have actually already beaten great odds in life, and that same visualization has allowed me to make several dreams I always had become reality. So I do not plan on stopping now. I don't care which one I win, as long I win, and it is somewhere in the million(s) range.

If you don't believe in yourself, who is going to?

PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2005, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad- a synonym for visualization in the medical field: delusional. Not meant to hamper your technique, but when I read that method, its the first thing that came to my mind. To dream is one thing and quite necessary to aspire. I agree that the "odds" don't deter those with aspirations, in fact it fuels them! Stick with what the budget can handle.  Good luck to you this holiday season! (PS- I got a side bet that you'll hit on that raffle!)

In the medical field you may be correct although there are studies which say that prayer which is a type of positive visualization has worked miracles which is not delusional.

In the realm of metaphysics creative visualization and positive thoughts work to assist bringing about whatever a person is seeking.  It depends on a person's belief as to whether it works, their diligence and ability to focus.

Left brain logic works for many whereas right brain creativity and thinking outside the box works for many also. 

If you haven't had results with visualization then you're excluding the many of us who have had it work on many occasions in real time.

Well said. It is about what YOU believe is possible for your life, not what others do not believe is possible.  Funny thing is I had this so called friend for a long time who was nothing but ''negative" and resentful, and provided disbelief in all my aspirations on a daily basis. However my positive mindset was still far stronger, and more superior to his pessimistic mindset. I have done everything that he was not able to do, and everything that he said I would not be able to accomplish.

In fact his pessimistic attitude was actually a strong motivator for me. Every time I pulled off yet another thing he said I could not do, there was always a "yeah but" response. "Yeah but it won't last.....yeah but this will happen now, blah blah etc.." Well I finally stopped hanging around this person as he was not doing me any good really anyway, besides as I said to motivate me to prove him wrong. It is definitely more refreshing though to not hear all his jealous/skeptical babble every day.

So here I am today self-employed for the most part, been living on my own successfully for several years with no assistance, and he is 40 and still living at home in his parent's basement. However I do not have the income that I need in order to manifest all my dreams, and make them reality. I am not even really asking for much, heck even a million dollars in "principle" alone would suffice. Go raffle! Oh yeah, he also said that I will never hit the jackpot lottery. Can't wait for "yeah buts" after it happens. LOL

PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2005, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Good luck to you this holiday season! (PS- I got a side bet that you'll hit on that raffle!)

Thanks, good luck to you and all else who played! That would be awesome if we all walked away with a prize.

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3333 Posts
          Posted: December 2, 2005, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

In the medical field you may be correct although there are studies which say that prayer which is a type of positive visualization has worked miracles which is not delusional.

In the realm of metaphysics creative visualization and positive thoughts work to assist bringing about whatever a person is seeking.  It depends on a person's belief as to whether it works, their diligence and ability to focus.

Left brain logic works for many whereas right brain creativity and thinking outside the box works for many also. 

If you haven't had results with visualization then you're excluding the many of us who have had it work on many occasions in real time.

Well said. It is about what YOU believe is possible for your life, not what others do not believe is possible.  Funny thing is I had this so called friend for a long time who was nothing but ''negative" and resentful, and provided disbelief in all my aspirations on a daily basis. However my positive mindset was still far stronger, and more superior to his pessimistic mindset. I have done everything that he was not able to do, and everything that he said I would not be able to accomplish.

In fact his pessimistic attitude was actually a strong motivator for me. Every time I pulled off yet another thing he said I could not do, there was always a "yeah but" response. "Yeah but it won't last.....yeah but this will happen now, blah blah etc.." Well I finally stopped hanging around this person as he was not doing me any good really anyway, besides as I said to motivate me to prove him wrong. It is definitely more refreshing though to not hear all his jealous/skeptical babble every day.

So here I am today self-employed for the most part, been living on my own successfully for several years with no assistance, and he is 40 and still living at home in his parent's basement. However I do not have the income that I need in order to manifest all my dreams, and make them reality. I am not even really asking for much, heck even a million dollars in "principle" alone would suffice. Go raffle! Oh yeah, he also said that I will never hit the jackpot lottery. Can't wait for "yeah buts" after it happens. LOL

Very cool!!!  You can bet I'm pulling for you to win ..... keep on believing in yourself and what you know works.  Every person finds their own way but the visualizers are on the cutting edge of the future .... not lunatic fringe as some would like to define us.

As for buying a pile of Powerball tickets just to try cutting odds, you might want to search my post where I bought $120 and didn't get even the Powerball.  You really need to be visualizing and feeling to do that ..... I wasn't and gained nothing by using a linear approach. 

Good luck to everyone!

PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: December 2, 2005, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I know how strongly you have to visualize, but I figured it could only help to give myself more chances, and strengthen my imaging. There is another term out there that I am not sure if it is a medical one, but most are familiar with it. "Misery loves company." I am not sure if TheGameGrl actually has such skepticism, or was just relaying another opinion of a whole other mindset. But if you do hold such skepticism, it can only hold you back, you will not progress.

Believing is more than half the battle, and positive belief actually attracts what it is you are seeking, not detracts. I already knew most of this stuff before I read the crop of books I posted about awhile back, but these books served as one heck of a moral boost for me, and I could feel the changes in my positive energies already. You can't force it to happen, and one must be patient, and very persistent. You cannot give up, as you may be just a foot from striking gold. (see Think and Grow Rich)

You never know when it could happen, it might not happen right away, but it may happen in way you totally did not expect, or at a time that you did not expect. I saw quite a few changes happen to me already in the past few weeks as far as luck and good fortune go. I mentioned about how I found money at a supermarket, bought lucky for life tickets with it, and then got them all free via an "instant win." A small fortune for sure, but more than I ever found in life before while always thinking negative thoughts.

So already the progression had begun, because I changed my belief system, and trust me that is not easy. Negative thoughts always try to battle their way back in at any opportunity, and you need to learn to replace them with positive thoughts, and positive opportunity. It can only help, and you have nothing to lose. I wish you the same luck as well Konane, and as I said we seem to see eye to eye on these beliefs.

I have confidence that both of us, and anyone else who puts their mind to it will win big sooner or later. Also GameGrl I really hope you do win that side bet! Wink Show us the money Millionaire Raffle! Lep $$$$$$$

I am after I win a jackpot soon I will be even more delusional sitting in my big house with all my toys. I can't wait! But for now, I have to get back to watching cribs, and creating my dream home with Home Architect and Landscape...

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: December 2, 2005, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

$120 for one drawing!!?  If you have that kind of money to blow on Powerball tickets, you don't need to win the Powerball jackpot!!

PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: December 2, 2005, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Oh yeah I saw the story about the $120. Big Smile Yeah most clerks were actually surprised and in disbelief when I asked for only 30 tickets! Little did they know I already did it twice! Lol! I would hate to see their face if I said 100 tickets please! Yeah many may think that you do not need to play the lottery because you are spending that much on tickets, BUT little do they know I saved the money up for 2 months, and would be my first time ever getting more than $10 worth. But I know a few people in my town who are already pretty wealthy, and get hundreds of dollars worth a week in tickets!

Now they do not need the money, for them it is simply their entertainment. They work a lot and can do little else, and do not have time to go out an blow their cash. So what better way than to feed it into a machine on the way home eh? Sure if you don't win it will be a bitter pill to swallow. Puke But if you don't play you have no shot either. Also $120 is not going to change your life drastically if you save it, it will only keep getting you by...barely.

Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #1265
                  March 13, 2003
                  3333 Posts
                  Posted: December 2, 2005, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

$120 for one drawing!!?  If you have that kind of money to blow on Powerball tickets, you don't need to win the Powerball jackpot!!

Only once, it was an experiment that didn't work ..... never again.

Good luck to everyone!

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: December 2, 2005, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

By the way was that $120 in QPs or your own numbers? Because if you picked your own numbers, you could have picked every number for the powerball at least twice, and almost 3 times, and had a return of at least $9.00 My friend once played 10 lines of all the same numbers for the powerball, and got the powerball for a $30 payout. ($20 profit) But it does not happen often. The reason I wanted to try QP is that it seems as though I have better matches with one QP than I do with a 10 line system.

All that studying, and paper work only to miss digits by one, and get one or two numbers on one line tops. Then I go by a QP on a whim for lucky for life, and get 4 out of 6 with the other digits being off by one digit! Yes that was demoralizing to say the least. So you know what, QP do your thing then! Group Hug

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19828 Posts
                      Posted: December 2, 2005, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Several individuals have bought $100 or more worth of lottery tickets for one drawing and won both the PowerBall and the BigGame, but most have done it when the jackpot was large.  Jack Whitaker who won the large PB jackpot and  the guy from Michigan that shared the largest jackpot ever(BigGame) are two that comes to mind.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Atlanta, GA
                        United States
                        Member #1265
                        March 13, 2003
                        3333 Posts
                        Posted: December 2, 2005, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

If you do visualizations then you have to be prepared to lead your own parade ... sounds like you're definitely doing just that.  For every one positive person you encounter there are at least 10 with a negative mindset.  Perhaps their lifepath dictates they learn by that.  Who knows but they're all too happy to tell you something you've proven time and time again doesn't work. 

Keep on doing what you're doing because it sounds like you're doing fine.  Doesn't matter if you reach your goal through small wins or one big one so long as you get there and have fun doing it.   

Good luck to everyone!

Atlanta, GA
                          United States
                          Member #1265
                          March 13, 2003
                          3333 Posts
                          Posted: December 2, 2005, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

All that studying, and paper work only to miss digits by one, and get one or two numbers on one line tops. Then I go by a QP on a whim for lucky for life, and get 4 out of 6 with the other digits being off by one digit! Yes that was demoralizing to say the least. So you know what, QP do your thing then! "

Not demoralizing, you had visualized winning so you almost got what you were seeing if I'm understanding you correctly.

Good luck to everyone!

Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #1265
                            March 13, 2003
                            3333 Posts
                            Posted: December 2, 2005, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Several individuals have bought $100 or more worth of lottery tickets for one drawing and won both the PowerBall and the BigGame, but most have done it when the jackpot was large.  Jack Whitaker who won the large PB jackpot and  the guy from Michigan that shared the largest jackpot ever(BigGame) are two that comes to mind.

Yes was hoping it would work for me too but it didn't.  Crying

Good luck to everyone!

PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: December 2, 2005, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

All that studying, and paper work only to miss digits by one, and get one or two numbers on one line tops. Then I go by a QP on a whim for lucky for life, and get 4 out of 6 with the other digits being off by one digit! Yes that was demoralizing to say the least. So you know what, QP do your thing then! "

Not demoralizing, you had visualized winning so you almost got what you were seeing if I'm understanding you correctly.

Yes you're right. perhaps it just came in an unexpected way just like I said! My subconscious mind actually instructed me to get one QP, but at the time I was not really aware of it. Very keen observation Konane! Smile Yes I have been close about 4 times I got 4 out of 6, and if not for that darn $2.00 price I would be able to own that lucky for life. As I said previously, it would not take a real lot to make me happy, I could live fine off of $2,000 a month without having to work. But a couple million and living off of a few thousand more "would be the ticket!"

I do not have to win an enormous jackpot, in fact as I said in the jackpot games forum, I want to hit this powerball before it gets even remotely near breaking the last record, that way no one will care as much! "Yeah yeah...so what, that West family won $340 million dollars, $75 million is no biggy." That is EXACTLY what I want people to be saying!  Evil Looking That way I can live on my golf course community with my lifetime golf membership, and actually feel a little bit like Tiger Woods feels like, minus all the publicity and travel! Also minus most of the greens in regulation...LOL I already even looked into the houses, and the total costs to live in the community where I play about 3 times a month in the summer. It would cost anywhere between $170,000 to $300,000 which is not a lot if you win the powerball. That is all I would need to be happy.

A one and a half-story cape cod, 2 car garage, 3 or 4 bedrooms, and my clubs and gadgets, I am in heaven! Big Grin Angel Now if only PA had nice weather more than 4 months a year...But no matter, Tiger Woods and my world's fastest brand new PC, and my vast game collection will get me through it all. As I said, GADGETS! Smiley

Yes you are right I do just fine for now, I have faced negativity my whole life, as well as a lot of opposition. But I always fought through it all and conquered most of my circumstances. It is an ongoing process, and I am only getting better, and learning more each day. I am a Taurus, so you may know I am quite stubborn. The key is make that stubbornness work for you, not against you.