Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you have any website problems...

Topic closed. 110 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 5 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23260 Posts
Posted: July 28, 2006, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I never told you to download that, especially if you're not pretty good with computers.  Plus, it is not me providing the download, it's Microsoft!  The comment I wrote is, "For those using the new Microsoft browser, IE7 Beta 3 is now available."

In fact, if you go back to my post about IE7 before that, you'll see that I explicitly said, "I still wouldn't recommend that regular web surfers install it, because it is still a work in progress, and many websites do not work properly with it yet.".

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2006/3/new-ie7-beta-released.htm

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2006, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I never told you to download that, especially if you're not pretty good with computers.  Plus, it is not me providing the download, it's Microsoft!  The comment I wrote is, "For those using the new Microsoft browser, IE7 Beta 3 is now available."

In fact, if you go back to my post about IE7 before that, you'll see that I explicitly said, "I still wouldn't recommend that regular web surfers install it, because it is still a work in progress, and many websites do not work properly with it yet.".

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2006/3/new-ie7-beta-released.htm

I never blamed anyone for my downloading of it, I was just pointing out what I downloaded. I made that choice, so I'm not blaming you for providing that information.

My problem was that I didn't read the corressponding issues surrounding it.

My bad.....

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2006, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I also want to mention that a few weeks ago you were praising the new feature and saying that you couldn't possibly go back to the former. So I took that as a positive experience by the Webmaster, and tried to follow suite.

I'm now convinced there were other things I missed. And thus contributed to the confusion on my part.

Should I remove the program Todd?

Thanx....

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2006, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to mention the most important part...LOL

This might not even be the problem......LOL

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2006, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

I apologize if I mislead you in any way.  I do have high praise for IE7, and I has a tough time using IE6 now, but because IE7 is not a "finished" product, I can't recommend it for people who don't have a good understanding of computers, because with any beta product, problems can arise, and when they do you're on your own (no support).

It's completely up to you if you want to remove it.  If you believe IE7 is causing the problems you're seeing on Lottery Post, then by all means remove it.  However, as I described above, I believe you installed something or changed the configuration of something that is blocking major files from loading, and I believe that's the source of your problems.  However, the choice is yours to make.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2006, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I apologize if I mislead you in any way.  I do have high praise for IE7, and I has a tough time using IE6 now, but because IE7 is not a "finished" product, I can't recommend it for people who don't have a good understanding of computers, because with any beta product, problems can arise, and when they do you're on your own (no support).

It's completely up to you if you want to remove it.  If you believe IE7 is causing the problems you're seeing on Lottery Post, then by all means remove it.  However, as I described above, I believe you installed something or changed the configuration of something that is blocking major files from loading, and I believe that's the source of your problems.  However, the choice is yours to make.

Not a big deal.

I think I'll remove it just for good measure. Infact, I've had more problems than the ones I mentioned, and not just on the LP.

About a year ago I accidently messed up some of the registry components. That's why I get error messages upon loading.

I think the delay in Microsoft's new version is primarily based on the pop-ups, asking your permission to allow things, and the conclusion was that it's just as bad as spy-screeners constantly asking me to allow this cookie and that....I have that now with Macaffe and spybot constantly asking me to allow stuff. It's very annoying...

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
              Cleveland, Ohio
              United States
              Member #11445
              February 13, 2005
              1303 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2006, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

It seems like pages take longer to load up. I know its not my computer; nothing has changed. I am pretty sure its not my dsl since any other website loads up quickly. Did you change servers Todd? Connection speeds? - nothing more than F.Y.I.

Snakeyes

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: August 5, 2006, 12:48 am - IP Logged

It seems like pages take longer to load up. I know its not my computer; nothing has changed. I am pretty sure its not my dsl since any other website loads up quickly. Did you change servers Todd? Connection speeds? - nothing more than F.Y.I.

Snakeyes

Just some tweaking that I'm doing right now.  Strange that you posted this right now, because I just (three minutes ago) finished coding a big performance tweak, so things should be a bit faster now.

It's very common for new code -- especially something as huge as what I've just implemented -- to take a little while to "settle in" as small adjustments are found and made.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2006, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

website problems

1-can't post because there is no box to post in.

2-every time i press on a link on this site i get error messages or time out messages.

3-can't vote in any poll.

4-starting to wonder if my PM works.

thanks.its not that i haven't been here i just haven't been able to post.

fbird's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                    White Lake,Mi
                    United States
                    Member #1495
                    May 12, 2003
                    5546 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2006, 5:22 am - IP Logged

2 beefs....1st and foremost...I have dial up...i know too cheap...but everything is soooooo incredibly slower now than before...i generally wait 1 to 3 minutes between pages...i think those who are experiencing what i am, have dial up as well..secondly...after i post a reply why the heck does it go to th first page ? thanks

VAL

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2006, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

A problem I have experienced:

When I reply to a post, the page refreshes at the beginning of the thread, not at the point of my new post.

This is a little aggravating and it certainly isnt the biggest deal in the world, but I would like to figure out how to prevent it.

DD

fudgeTex's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
                        East Texas
                        United States
                        Member #6693
                        September 4, 2004
                        778 Posts
                        Posted: August 16, 2006, 8:00 am - IP Logged

The only problem that I have is, everytime I come to the forum after a few minutes I get a message" Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to restart. After it restart I works fine for a few minutes, but it does the same thing over again. I tried shutting down and restart that did not seem to help really.

florida
                          United States
                          Member #2230
                          September 2, 2003
                          125 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2006, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Todd,

Having a problem deflating last 90 days of midday pick 3 results for Illinois.

When I click on the "Midday", the drop-down menu doesn't come up so that I can select my choice.

It works for evening. 

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23260 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2006, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Todd,

Having a problem deflating last 90 days of midday pick 3 results for Illinois.

When I click on the "Midday", the drop-down menu doesn't come up so that I can select my choice.

It works for evening. 

I'm not having any problems.  I think you're having the problem because I updated the popup menus last night, and your computer is still using the old menu.  Try clearing your cache, and then try again.  (In Microsoft IE, you clear the cache by selecting Internet Options from the Tools menu, then clicking Delete Files...)

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: August 17, 2006, 11:46 am - IP Logged

The only problem that I have is, everytime I come to the forum after a few minutes I get a message" Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to restart. After it restart I works fine for a few minutes, but it does the same thing over again. I tried shutting down and restart that did not seem to help really.

Are you still having the problem?

It looks like you're using IE 6.0, which is good, so I'm not sure.  Have you made sure you've applied all the latest service packs/bug fixes?  Try going to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and do an express update to see if your computer needs any patches.

Everything on that site is safe, and anything that is shown under Express Update should always be installed.