Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Affirmations, mantras and Hail Marys for the lottery

Topic closed. 73 replies. Last post 10 years ago by konane.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2006, 11:00 am - IP Logged

So What Are Affirmations?

Affirmations are powerful POSITIVE "I can Win the Lottery" statements designed to train your subconscious mind into manifesting Winning Numbers for whatever Lottery Game(s) you wish to play.

Yup.

Thanks for the post, Raven.

An example of a negative affirmation directed outwardly is roughly the same as an attack thought put to words.

As you were doing with this Morocco member recently when he was trying to test the Expert Lotto system on the systems forum.

I'm glad you know about such things.

Jack

When people spout bs and tell it to each other am I just supposed to just let them get on with it without challenging it? If that is what people do what becomes the accepted way things are is the story that is most likely to be retold rather than the theory that best stands up to the challenge of observed reality. If nothing is ever challenged then the truth will be buried and crowded out by the good story, the nice sounding lie, the pleasant whimsy and the elegant myth.

PS: We are still waiting for The Expert Lotto Team to post predictions!

A half-truth, as you are well aware.

PadawanLotto, as you know, has posted a number of predictions testing the system.

I haven't been keeping track of how it's been going.  The fact he was doing it would or will eventually give members a better idea of whether the system can help anyone.  Morocco even sent several lines to me to post on the predictions forum, trying to test the system.  (They didn't hit)

But I'll tell you this.

You, Red dog and RJOH weren't 'challenging'.  You weren't even waiting to see whether he'd do what he said he'd do (morroco). 

It's plenty satisfactory enough to observe and wait until the results are in before beginning the sniping attack.

If nothing is ever challenged then the truth will be buried and crowded out by the good story, the nice sounding lie, the pleasant whimsy and the elegant myth.

Yes, I see you were only doing your civic duty.  No point in letting him test it without your remarks.  Better to pretend, also (even now) that PadawanLotto doesn't exist.

Thank you for the post, Raven.  You've provided an illustration of precisely what I'm calling negative mantras.

If nothing is ever challenged then the truth will be buried and crowded out by the good story, the nice sounding lie, the pleasant whimsy and the elegant myth.

By what route of experience and education did you, Raven, come to be an expert on what's true and what isn't?

Do you see yourself as so superior in wisdom and intellect as to be needed by us stupider LP members to introduce doubt?  Has some LP member some to you, Raven, and begged you to help them by filtering truth from fiction for them?

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49813 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2006, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Affirmations are powerful POSITIVE "I can Win the Lottery" statements designed to train your subconscious mind into manifesting Winning Numbers for whatever Lottery Game(s) you wish to play.

Yup.

An example of a negative affirmation directed outwardly is roughly the same as an attack thought put to words.

As you were doing with this Morocco member recently when he was trying to test the Expert Lotto system on the systems forum.

Jack

When people spout bs and tell it to each other am I just supposed to just let them get on with it without challenging it? If that is what people do what becomes the accepted way things are is the story that is most likely to be retold rather than the theory that best stands up to the challenge of observed reality. If nothing is ever challenged then the truth will be buried and crowded out by the good story, the nice sounding lie, the pleasant whimsy and the elegant myth.

PadawanLotto, as you know, has posted a number of predictions testing the system.

I haven't been keeping track of how it's been going.  The fact he was doing it would or will eventually give members a better idea of whether the system can help anyone.  Morocco even sent several lines to me to post on the predictions forum, trying to test the system.  (They didn't hit)

But I'll tell you this.

You, Red dog and RJOH weren't 'challenging'.  You weren't even waiting to see whether he'd do what he said he'd do (morroco). 

It's plenty satisfactory enough to observe and wait until the results are in before beginning the sniping attack.

Yes, I see you were only doing your civic duty.  No point in letting him test it without your remarks.  Better to pretend, also (even now) that PadawanLotto doesn't exist.

Thank you for the post, Raven.  You've provided an illustration of precisely what I'm calling negative mantras.

By what route of experience and education did you, Raven, come to be an expert on what's true and what isn't?

Do you see yourself as so superior in wisdom and intellect as to be needed by us stupider LP members to introduce doubt?  Has some LP member some to you, Raven, and begged you to help them by filtering truth from fiction for them?

Jack

I am hostile to bs whenever I come across it. I make no apology for that. I take a pride in it. Unless you can come up with some sensible explanations for how inaccurate predictions can be channelled backwards in time to willing recipients to enter their minds while they are asleep then I will dismiss such tales as bs. Lotteries don't work like that. Time doesn't work like that.

I wish you well and I hope your lifestyle comes together.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23274 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2006, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Jack,

I guess we disagree.  You said:

So you end up with exactly what you describe as not desireable left on LP. An overwhelming majority of negative thinkers and snipers. It assures that whatever happens with regards to innovation won't be discussed here.

I do not think that the majority of people here (your words) are negative thinkers and snipers.  I could not disagree with you stronger.

I don't know where this is coming from, but I get the sense that you are reacting to a few people who privately contacted you and complained about me or other people here.

I know that happens, because some very nice people have forwarded me e-mails where people have done that.

If you are going to listen to such people and base your opinions on their comments, then you are getting a very slanted view of things, and it is wholly unfair post that the majority of people here are "negative thinkers and snipers" just because a few people complain through e-mail.

Let me set the record straight: 

• The vast majority of people here are very friendly, helpful, and generous.
      • There have been more ideas and concepts about the lottery shared at Lottery Post by our generous members than any other place, ever.  That is an incredible fact, but clearly supported by the facts: 42,572 members with 564,195 posts.  Many of those concepts were criticized for various reasons, and that valuable discussion helps people better understand the concepts, and can actually make the ideas more powerful because they have been fully vetted.
      • I do not allow anyone to be a member here who does nothing but criticize others.  A good example is when I recently got rid of "sirbrad" for that very reason.  So the argument about people being here, doing nothing but criticizing ideas is FALSE because I would not allow it.
      • A forum is an open discussion of ideas, in which people are encouraged to both agree and disagree with those ideas.  Again, there are some people who cannot handle the "disagree" side of things, and they have a tough time participating here as a result.  As Celine Dion says, "That's the way it is."

I am suspicious of people who do an "end-around", and contact other members of LP through e-mail just so they have a sympathetic ear to whine to.  Certainly ALL people do not fall into that category, but I suspect that many people who start sending complaints to other members through e-mail are being under-handed, and most have never sent me a PM and given me the opportunity to help them.

Lastly, there is a somewhat wacky concept that has taken place a number of time by a few way-overly sensitive people.  It goes like this:  a person writes me a PM asking me to reprimand or suspend a member who has posted a criticism on their forum thread.  I take a look and see that it may be a strong criticism, but it is a valid point.  I reply back and tell the person that I cannot reprimand or suspend someone who disagrees with them and did not break the rules.  That person then declares to others that "I hate them" or that "I am favoring person-x".  That person will then take the opportunity to write privately to other people who have written complaints on the forums, knowing that they will find a sympathetic ear.  They will say that they constantly get criticized, and that "I hate them".

Out of the 42,000 members, I would estimate that I have seen a few dozen such people over the past six years.  So we're talking about maybe 1%, if that.  I think it's important to keep this in mind, and to understand that the vast majority of people here do not have these problems, and superimposing the problems of 1% of the membership on the other 99% is unfair and unproductive.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2006, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Jack,

I guess we disagree.  You said:

So you end up with exactly what you describe as not desireable left on LP. An overwhelming majority of negative thinkers and snipers. It assures that whatever happens with regards to innovation won't be discussed here.

I do not think that the majority of people here (your words) are negative thinkers and snipers.  I could not disagree with you stronger.

I don't know where this is coming from, but I get the sense that you are reacting to a few people who privately contacted you and complained about me or other people here.

I know that happens, because some very nice people have forwarded me e-mails where people have done that.

If you are going to listen to such people and base your opinions on their comments, then you are getting a very slanted view of things, and it is wholly unfair post that the majority of people here are "negative thinkers and snipers" just because a few people complain through e-mail.

Let me set the record straight: 

• The vast majority of people here are very friendly, helpful, and generous.
        • There have been more ideas and concepts about the lottery shared at Lottery Post by our generous members than any other place, ever.  That is an incredible fact, but clearly supported by the facts: 42,572 members with 564,195 posts.  Many of those concepts were criticized for various reasons, and that valuable discussion helps people better understand the concepts, and can actually make the ideas more powerful because they have been fully vetted.
        • I do not allow anyone to be a member here who does nothing but criticize others.  A good example is when I recently got rid of "sirbrad" for that very reason.  So the argument about people being here, doing nothing but criticizing ideas is FALSE because I would not allow it.
        • A forum is an open discussion of ideas, in which people are encouraged to both agree and disagree with those ideas.  Again, there are some people who cannot handle the "disagree" side of things, and they have a tough time participating here as a result.  As Celine Dion says, "That's the way it is."

I am suspicious of people who do an "end-around", and contact other members of LP through e-mail just so they have a sympathetic ear to whine to.  Certainly ALL people do not fall into that category, but I suspect that many people who start sending complaints to other members through e-mail are being under-handed, and most have never sent me a PM and given me the opportunity to help them.

Lastly, there is a somewhat wacky concept that has taken place a number of time by a few way-overly sensitive people.  It goes like this:  a person writes me a PM asking me to reprimand or suspend a member who has posted a criticism on their forum thread.  I take a look and see that it may be a strong criticism, but it is a valid point.  I reply back and tell the person that I cannot reprimand or suspend someone who disagrees with them and did not break the rules.  That person then declares to others that "I hate them" or that "I am favoring person-x".  That person will then take the opportunity to write privately to other people who have written complaints on the forums, knowing that they will find a sympathetic ear.  They will say that they constantly get criticized, and that "I hate them".

Out of the 42,000 members, I would estimate that I have seen a few dozen such people over the past six years.  So we're talking about maybe 1%, if that.  I think it's important to keep this in mind, and to understand that the vast majority of people here do not have these problems, and superimposing the problems of 1% of the membership on the other 99% is unfair and unproductive.

Todd:

I'll concede your point.

I have no way of knowing what the overwhelming percentage of LP members think.

However, it's untrue that the people I correspond with by email criticize you, or criticize LP.

They have merely come, attempted to interact insofar as systems and ideas and innovations.  And they've decided they didn't care for their experiences (not with you, but with other members) in their attempts to do so.

J

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2006, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Yup.

Jack

But I'll tell you this.

Jack

I am hostile to bs whenever I come across it. I make no apology for that. I take a pride in it. Unless you can come up with some sensible explanations for how inaccurate predictions can be channelled backwards in time to willing recipients to enter their minds while they are asleep then I will dismiss such tales as bs. Lotteries don't work like that. Time doesn't work like that.

I am hostile to bs whenever I come across it. I make no apology for that.

I didn't ask for an apology and I didn't expect one.

I'll even grant you the status in my own mind as a perfect expert on BS.

I don't intend to offer you any explanations for anything. 

My lifestyle's fine, thanks.  I'm grateful for it every moment of my life.

I wish you well also.

Jack

Egos don't count.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2006, 11:47 am - IP Logged

My all time favorite shark fest on here was when amilby30 made the mistake of saying she'd post her "shift system" in two days.

Boy, if you read the nasties on that one when the system wasn't posted by 11:59 pm two days later.......Hoo boy!.....Lives were changed, babies gulped for fresh air, Bar Mitzvahs and Graduation ceremonies were canceled, the earth's orbit changed direction and time as we know it stopped abruptly. There had to be two hundred posts of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

How about cutting some slack with each other?

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2006, 11:55 am - IP Logged

My all time favorite shark fest on here was when amilby30 made the mistake of saying she'd post her "shift system" in two days.

Boy, if you read the nasties on that one when the system wasn't posted by 11:59 pm two days later.......Hoo boy!.....Lives were changed, babies gulped for fresh air, Bar Mitzvahs and Graduation ceremonies were canceled, the earth's orbit changed direction and time as we know it stopped abruptly. There had to be two hundred posts of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

A worthy LP motto.  Even better as a mantra.

J

Egos don't count.

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
                Member #26882
                November 23, 2005
                1404 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2006, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Todd:

I have, indeed, been examining a lot of facets of the negative side of things, as well as the positive.

The thread examining the multi-state draws and what's happening to the money could as well be called positive as negative.  I've asked for information there.

I happen to believe the fact such information is so difficult to dig out is a sign there's a reason for it.

The most positive thing that can come of any doubt is holding the information to refute it into the light.

That hasn't been done thus far.

People who are sensitive to criticism are perfect candidates for small Yahoo groups, in which only people who share similar thoughts are invited into the group.  And they have to live with the limitations of a small group.

Criticism, per se, isn't what I was referring to.

The word criticism cuts too wide a swath to be allowed to fit what I'm describing.

The people I know who've quit LP posting of ideas are plenty open to considered opposing ideas.  What they don't care for is a lot of sniping and ad hominum attacks, blanket refutation.  That sort of thing.

Seems to me you have a culling process going on.  The snipers are certainly not 'sensitive to criticism', as you describe it.  So they stay.

The people who 'are sensitive to criticism', however, go offline to emails with people of like mind to bounce around innovations and ideas, and constructive criticism.

So you end up with exactly what you describe as not desireable left on LP.  An overwhelming majority of negative thinkers and snipers.  It assures that whatever happens with regards to innovation won't be discussed here.

Just my take on things.

Jack,

You probably have me blocked, and will not see this, not that it matters to me.

But what you just said is a bunch of bull crap and you know it! There are many Great Predictors here on LP. Not everyone takes their system and runs because of a bit of criticism!

"So you end up with exactly what you describe as not desireable left on LP.  An overwhelming majority of negative thinkers and snipers. "

Come on Jack! My word, that is really talking out of your butt!!!! The only negative thinking I see here is YOURS! You are one of the first people to try and debunk what people say here! Talk about Snipers! Absolutely Ridiculous!
                  New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2006, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Todd:

I have, indeed, been examining a lot of facets of the negative side of things, as well as the positive.

The thread examining the multi-state draws and what's happening to the money could as well be called positive as negative.  I've asked for information there.

I happen to believe the fact such information is so difficult to dig out is a sign there's a reason for it.

The most positive thing that can come of any doubt is holding the information to refute it into the light.

People who are sensitive to criticism are perfect candidates for small Yahoo groups, in which only people who share similar thoughts are invited into the group.  And they have to live with the limitations of a small group.

The word criticism cuts too wide a swath to be allowed to fit what I'm describing.

The people I know who've quit LP posting of ideas are plenty open to considered opposing ideas.  What they don't care for is a lot of sniping and ad hominum attacks, blanket refutation.  That sort of thing.

Seems to me you have a culling process going on.  The snipers are certainly not 'sensitive to criticism', as you describe it.  So they stay.

The people who 'are sensitive to criticism', however, go offline to emails with people of like mind to bounce around innovations and ideas, and constructive criticism.

So you end up with exactly what you describe as not desireable left on LP.  An overwhelming majority of negative thinkers and snipers.  It assures that whatever happens with regards to innovation won't be discussed here.

Just my take on things.

Jack,

But what you just said is a bunch of bull crap and you know it! There are many Great Predictors here on LP. Not everyone takes their system and runs because of a bit of criticism!

"So you end up with exactly what you describe as not desireable left on LP.  An overwhelming majority of negative thinkers and snipers. "

Come on Jack! My word, that is really talking out of your butt!!!! The only negative thinking I see here is YOURS! You are one of the first people to try and debunk what people say here! Talk about Snipers! Absolutely Ridiculous!

Clair:

I pulled up your post despite your blocked status.

I'm flattered you feel as you do.  Frankly, I wouldn't wish anything else from you, if I were wishing.

That's why I keep you blocked.

Thanks for the post.  I'm glad I read it.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                    Member #26882
                    November 23, 2005
                    1404 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2006, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Rick,

I thought that incident was relatively mild Compared!  That one was more about character more than anything.

United States
                      Member #26882
                      November 23, 2005
                      1404 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2006, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Todd:

Just my take on things.

Jack,

Clair:

I pulled up your post despite your blocked status.

I'm flattered you feel as you do.  Frankly, I wouldn't wish anything else from you, if I were wishing.

That's why I keep you blocked.

Thanks for the post.  I'm glad I read it.

Jack

Speaking of Religion,

Amen Brother!

I wouldn't be any more or less than what you would wish anyway! Even if you would wish as you stated! I am who I am and not who others think I should be! Your best bet is to keep me blocked!

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2006, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Here's my mantra, and it does work some of the time.

Humenna, humenna, humenna............Alah Akbar ( God is great).......ooga booga booga.......May the Gods of Zimbawe throw me some chicken bonz.......

It even works better than remote viewing.....LOL

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2006, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Boy, if you read the nasties on that one when the system wasn't posted by 11:59 pm two days later.......Hoo boy!.....Lives were changed, babies gulped for fresh air

Green laugh                                                                                                    ROFL

You did it again Rick.......

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
                            philadelphia,PA
                            United States
                            Member #27080
                            November 26, 2005
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2006, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Ha, Ha...i wonder if I am blocked?

let's all kiss  (837) and make- up (1227)

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

United States
                              Member #26882
                              November 23, 2005
                              1404 Posts
                              Posted: June 28, 2006, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Here's my mantra, and it does work some of the time.

Humenna, humenna, humenna............Alah Akbar ( God is great).......ooga booga booga.......May the Gods of Zimbawe throw me some chicken bonz.......

It even works better than remote viewing.....LOL

Thanks Pac,

Every time you do that, I win Money!