Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can someone explain to me this scale?

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
Clarkston, Michigan
United States
Member #76
January 6, 2002
8528 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2006, 11:48 am - IP Logged

You stated my feelings exactly, Rick!

Here's to you and Todd ....  Cheers

Mr. Todd has put a lot of time and effort into creating lottery post.  On top of it, it is free if we choose....how can we complain?  The man really is on top of things and I applaud him for his dedication to this site, to new developments in upgrading his site and most of all, for keeping his head on straight when we all bicker like "families" do. The important thing to remember for all of us is that this is one cool site maintained by one hard-working chief bottle washer. 

The one goal (my goal at least) is to glean as much knowledge from others as I can.  Ratings and number of posts mean nothing to me.  $$$$$ is the goal (my goal) anyway.

Sandy

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2006, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

With my current rank I'm feeling pains in my joints. I need to get my discount. Razz

I also thought I was many years away from becoming a senior, little did I know. 

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2006, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

How about if the descriptions were dropped and instead under the bar it just said something like  "Member Activity Rating"?

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

lacie's avatar - radar
        jacksonville, fl.
        United States
        Member #19655
        August 3, 2005
        133 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2006, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

I say if we are going to be rated on this website lets put it to a vote. When the 45,000 members have cast there votes, we turn the results over to todd for his review. Which way the results turn out should be the only factor that decides if the rating system stays or goes. This at least gives all members a chance to vote on the subject and put an end to the bickering

Lacie

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2006, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I say if we are going to be rated on this website lets put it to a vote. When the 45,000 members have cast there votes, we turn the results over to todd for his review. Which way the results turn out should be the only factor that decides if the rating system stays or goes. This at least gives all members a chance to vote on the subject and put an end to the bickering

Lacie

Just make it a profile choice to be displayed.

takeemtothebank

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: August 27, 2006, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

I didn't get any response to my last post.  I hope everyone realizes I was just joking, since my rating here is really not a big deal.  Of course I respect Todd for all his hard work in developing a site that is informative and entertaining, and I enjoy my Advanced Degree at LPU

Hurray!....must be for my careful, analytical selection of emoticons. LOL  If I get to the Pearly Gates I don't think my rating will matter.  As one story goes: 

A man died and was waiting outside the Pearly Gates. Saint Peter told him Heaven was getting crowded so he had to test people using a point system. If he got to 100 points he could enter. So the man told Peter that he gave to the poor. Peter marked him down for 4 points. The man thought again and added that he tithed as well. Peter added 2 more points. The man, desperately searching his memory, finally said that he never cussed. Peter added another point. By now the man became very frustrated and said that, at this rate, he could only get in by the grace of God. Peter replied, "Come on in!"

***Smile Everyone***

josie's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
              new york
              United States
              Member #2462
              October 7, 2003
              17 Posts
              Posted: August 27, 2006, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

I agree.

josie's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
                new york
                United States
                Member #2462
                October 7, 2003
                17 Posts
                Posted: August 27, 2006, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I meant that we should vote to see if  the standard and paying members like this cast system...

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                  Member #19043
                  July 24, 2005
                  7378 Posts
                  Posted: August 27, 2006, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Since everyone is Talking about Ratings here i do feel a little low because who am i as a senior member should be giving advice to anyone ,no more,i will be careful with my input in other threads because i guess i need to go back and brush up on everything with this report card,Then who am i to speak anyway i am just a senior,Well on to research folks,this just makes me study more,you can never learn too much,I must say this is an interesting post, Finally we all should be thankful for freedom of speech with repect for others   Delores247

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: August 27, 2006, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

IMHO, the statistics that reveal most about members are their prediction statistics.  Presenting ideas and posting a lot of information about lotteries is important and so is being a paid member, that is why they have gold or platinum plates under their names, but paid membership give you access to special features of this website not make you part-owner.  Picking combinations and posting them allows members to be compared by one standard, results

For those who want to judge a poster by length of membership or number of posts the information is there and if they want to read their earlier posts, they are easy to find. 

I think Todd has done us all a service by trying to combine all this information into a single rating.  It's a good starting point for those wanting to know something about the experience of the posters, but by no means an ending point for those who want to know more.

LP attracts more participants than any other lottery forum for a reason, results, it's the best and it's getting even better.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                      Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: August 27, 2006, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Josie, I see that you have been on LP since 2003 and that you are a paying member (I respect that) but you are listed as a new member.  What?But you really aren't a new member.

You are listed as a new member maybe because you just only want to check the results, use the tools, read the news and threads of different ideas and care not to post a lot or predict, or be a groupie. 

The next step for you is "rookie"

takeemtothebank

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: August 27, 2006, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

All I know is that if I worried that much about a rating on the LP, or on any other forum, I must not have much of a life.....LOL

Don't get me wrong....I love the LP, or I wouldn't be here, however, I don't have a life, and still don't worry over ratings.

If the information can be beneficial to just one person here, then the job is done. You can have the lowest rating, and come up with a brainstorm that a guru coudn't come up with.

The info speaks for itself, not the rating.

If I was a new member and found a way to beat the p-3 everyday playing only 5 sets of numbers, posting them for each state, and winning straight everytime, do you think anyone would give a flying $#@% what my rating was?

Coastal Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #2653
                          October 30, 2003
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: August 27, 2006, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday I logged on to "The Post" and discovered the new ratings. As I said before, I like the new ratings and appreciate what Todd is doing.

However, I immediately though to myself that this is going to generate 50 pages of over - analyzation and  explanation postings.

Well, we are at 6 page now and counting...... 

DD

konane's avatar - wallace
                            Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #1265
                            March 13, 2003
                            3333 Posts
                            Posted: August 27, 2006, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday I logged on to "The Post" and discovered the new ratings. As I said before, I like the new ratings and appreciate what Todd is doing.

However, I immediately though to myself that this is going to generate 50 pages of over - analyzation and  explanation postings.

Well, we are at 6 page now and counting...... 

DD

I Agree!     

Appears to be some deja-vu as to where we are discussing this .... similar discussions different subjects in the past.
                            Without Todd's vision, innovation and countless hours of hard work we could be posting on a so-so site which is neither changed nor improved.  Also the webmaster could be someone who tells us how the site is going to be if they answered PM's at all ... rather than listening to input and attempting to strike an acceptable middle ground for all.
                            Let's just appreciate how fortunate we are here on LP!!  Yes Nod

Good luck to everyone!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: August 27, 2006, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

i hope todd doesn't break down and change these ratings.i mean that would set civilization back hundreds of years and all our hard work would be wiped out.....Wink