Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can someone explain to me this scale?

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
Magnolia, Delaware
United States
Member #18795
July 20, 2005
789 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2006, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!     

Appears to be some deja-vu as to where we are discussing this .... similar discussions different subjects in the past.
Without Todd's vision, innovation and countless hours of hard work we could be posting on a so-so site which is neither changed nor improved.  Also the webmaster could be someone who tells us how the site is going to be if they answered PM's at all ... rather than listening to input and attempting to strike an acceptable middle ground for all.
Let's just appreciate how fortunate we are here on LP!!  Yes Nod

I'm sorry, but I see this type of thing as a way to stir up the membership. Ratings this, ratings that, Who needs anything of the kind! As I see it, everyone here knows who the posters are and where they post! So why have anything that sets one person apart from another? I think most here can see what sets one person apart from another without any rating system and if they can't so what! I could careless about that kind of stuff. All I can say is, that some of you that have a problem with the rating system to just block it out and keep on going as if it doesn't exist and if that's to much for you to tackle, then quit coming to the LP! That's the easiest way to solve your problem with the rating system!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4053 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2006, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry, but I see this type of thing as a way to stir up the membership. Ratings this, ratings that, Who needs anything of the kind! As I see it, everyone here knows who the posters are and where they post! So why have anything that sets one person apart from another? I think most here can see what sets one person apart from another without any rating system and if they can't so what! I could careless about that kind of stuff. All I can say is, that some of you that have a problem with the rating system to just block it out and keep on going as if it doesn't exist and if that's to much for you to tackle, then quit coming to the LP! That's the easiest way to solve your problem with the rating system!

What?Yes, it's like "Lottery Idol" But the most puzzling thing about it is that a non-paying member get the highest status than a member who came aboard paying platinum and renewed platinum.

What are they getting the highest status for? Being the longest moocher.  I would think that the paying member would always be above the non-paying member in status.  If not, why become a member.  That's right! Get the information (tools) you need from paying members who have access to them.  Stats, V-trac strings, deflation information and all  the stuff non-paying members don't have access to are posted in threads. All a non-paying member have to do is say "hey I got an idea" and paying members will use to tools to fetch the info.

takeemtothebank

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2006, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

That's the easiest way to solve your problem with the rating system.

Quoting.....Who's problem?

If I was just a newbie, I couldn't care less.

Why worry so much? Who cares?

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2006, 8:20 am - IP Logged

What?Yes, it's like "Lottery Idol" But the most puzzling thing about it is that a non-paying member get the highest status than a member who came aboard paying platinum and renewed platinum.

What are they getting the highest status for? Being the longest moocher.  I would think that the paying member would always be above the non-paying member in status.  If not, why become a member.  That's right! Get the information (tools) you need from paying members who have access to them.  Stats, V-trac strings, deflation information and all  the stuff non-paying members don't have access to are posted in threads. All a non-paying member have to do is say "hey I got an idea" and paying members will use to tools to fetch the info.

Lottery Idol ..Green laugh

That's a good one, Tenaj..  and.. It ain't that far fetched either !

Your comment about paying vs. non paying is something that is thought provoking as well.... Maybe Todd will tweak the rankings to reflect that...who knows ?

...DD

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
          Member #19043
          July 24, 2005
          7378 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2006, 8:45 am - IP Logged

Green laugh Yes Folks we should be able to laugh at our selves instead of being angry ,Let those indorfins Kick in this MOrning and Win Some MOney$$$,NOw Here is a Question for All out their to Think about

HOW CAN YOU CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY PERFECT IN THE BEGINNING? I Always viewed this site as Perfect you can't get any better than That and for the Record i am not angry but i think it is a good thing for everyone to voice his or her opinion in a respectful manner

KEEP SMILING FOLKS Green laugh GOODLUCK TO ALL!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23274 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2006, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I want to thank everyone for their feedback and very thoughtful comments.  This has been a very interesting debate and I certainly have a lot to digest.

I will close this discussion by saying a few words.  Ratings are a completely new concept, something that has not been done before.  The "stars" that existed before were not ratings, and they are simply replaced by more appealing graphics.

I am not running this site because it earns me a lot of money (if I was the site would be closed a long time ago), and as far as this site is concerned I am not motivated strictly by things that bring profit. 

The ratings are not there to reward paying members.  Paying members are rewarded by getting access to the best lottery resources on the Internet, as well as all the other things listed on the Premium Memberships page.

Also, a paying member can type their own Personalized Title, so they can enter whatever personal rating they wish on the left side of each post.  If a premium member feels put-out by their participating rating, they can feel free to type "ELITE", "GURU", or whatever else they want on their title.  Non-paying members do not have that option.  (My Personalized Title that I chose is "Chief Bottle Washer" for example -- that's not a rating, it's just something I decided to enter as my Personalized Title.)

I deeply appreciate all the support that paying customers have given to Lottery Post over the years.  Likewise, I hope paying customers have appreciated the efforts I have given them to make those memberships worthwhile.

To equate a participation rating with how much money someone has paid is wrong, and I will never go there.  Someone looking for assistance from an experienced Lottery Post member does not give a HOOT how much money that person has paid.  The rating indicates someone's length and breadth of participation, and is not tainted by money.  It is a factual, unbiased indication of how much that person has participated.

There are several comments, such as pcnut's, that make sense.  I think looking at additional aspects, like the predictions posted on the predictions board, is a terrific idea.  I will look at adding that into the rating as well, so people who have posted daily predictions, but did not post very much on the forums, will be "credited" (for lack of a better word) for their sharing and consistency.

Lastly, like every other new function I add to this site, the uproar will fade, and the ratings will become part of the foundation of the site.  This issue, like all the others in the past, will pass.  We should all remember that we share a passion for the lottery, and what counts most is helping others and sharing ideas, because we all started as newbies at one point, and we all learned from other people.  Let's all keep that in mind and not get bogged down be be overly-concerned over the things that don't really matter.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!