Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Some of you....

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2006, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Everyone Pardon me, but i've noticed something on LP....Some of YOu, really makes me wonder if you are working for the lottery corporation...I wonder sometimes if some of you are not lottery officials sometimes..Why? Because of the words you choose and the things you say...Some of you say things that ONLY a lottery official would say....Things that make me think, Where do they get this people...Yea is a site where you post your opinion alright, but the things that you say..I know everyone is entitle to their opinion....I am not going to comment what things were said...And i don't think is fruitful to be opinionating around lottery officials...I thought i bring it to the attention of everyone...

How can i be certain that 1 of you is not a lottery official in disguise...

I am willing to take all the criticism outhere....

sorry but i had to say it...

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I used to deliver lottery magazines. NY Lottery New$ folded at the end of 2001.

Now I work at a supermarket that sells most NY online games, and has a ticket vending machine.

BIRD's avatar - hiro bird.jpg
      clarkston georgia
      United States
      Member #555
      August 8, 2002
      3348 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2006, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Everyone Pardon me, but i've noticed something on LP....Some of YOu, really makes me wonder if you are working for the lottery corporation...I wonder sometimes if some of you are not lottery officials sometimes..Why? Because of the words you choose and the things you say...Some of you say things that ONLY a lottery official would say....Things that make me think, Where do they get this people...Yea is a site where you post your opinion alright, but the things that you say..I know everyone is entitle to their opinion....I am not going to comment what things were said...And i don't think is fruitful to be opinionating around lottery officials...I thought i bring it to the attention of everyone...

How can i be certain that 1 of you is not a lottery official in disguise...

I am willing to take all the criticism outhere....

sorry but i had to say it...

I can tell you that there could be someone here that works for the lottery ,but that person wouldnt last here long or would be fired for using what they get from here

spooky soozy 888

birdshouse.ning.com

join us at birdshouse

bird 4=7

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2006, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I would hope that each state hires at least one person to do nothing but surf and comment here on LP.

Why?  What better way of making our thoughts and opinions known to various lotteries?  We have our opinions and we post them.  Take what you can use and leave the rest. 

If there is a post you do not agree with, you have the right, no the duty, to ignore it.  I don't agree with half the thoughts posted here so I ignore them. 

LottoGroups's avatar - peace

Canada
          Member #35567
          March 19, 2006
          40 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2006, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76,

Why would it bother you if a member of LP worked for a lottery commission?

Lotto Groups - the best way to win

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2006, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Lottogroup:

It wouldn't surprise me if a lottery official uses our opinions on his/her board...And what i think they could be monitoring is the predictions..Suppose a LP member finds a way to crack the lottery, they the officials may want to know and tell the lottery corporation so the lottery commission can "lower the bar" even lower or have something to go about when they unveil a new lottery...

And I am not down with that...

Think about LP members as been the good guys in the movie the Matrix and think of the lottery officials as been the bad guys...:"Everytime you see one of them: "you run"..."they are the gatekeepers"....That's how i picture them...

"...If you think about it, the stock market and taxes are a form of lottery..."

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Detroit, MI
              United States
              Member #43946
              July 27, 2006
              365 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2006, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

lol, funny post. Im guessing that from all the knowledgeble folks on this website, it could only seem logical that some of us are working for the lottery. I doubt it, we're kinda like outcast's breaking the game down to the point of winning on a consistent basis. Were just cracking a code most people deam impossible.

No real mystery about that, just advanced human intelligence/curiousity.

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #2448
                October 4, 2003
                26084 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Your concern is similar to that of players who think the Lottery also calculates the most played number per draw and doesn't let that number fall.  The less they payout the more they keep.

It wouldn't bother me if someone worked for the lottery that also surfed this site.  At least they know what a lot of people think about them.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
                  The Carolinas - Charlotte
                  United States
                  Member #21627
                  September 12, 2005
                  4138 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2006, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Your concern is similar to that of players who think the Lottery also calculates the most played number per draw and doesn't let that number fall.  The less they payout the more they keep.

It wouldn't bother me if someone worked for the lottery that also surfed this site.  At least they know what a lot of people think about them.

Jorli D

You are correct. What I do know is that the lotteries have the right to cut off sales on certain numbers, thereby guaranteeing them profitable every day. Otherwise, they could possibly be out of business. The lotteries mathematically know what they are doing, and it doesn't take some hot predictions from this board to ensure their profits by figuring out how to prevent winners.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    50995 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2006, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

Jorli D

You are correct. What I do know is that the lotteries have the right to cut off sales on certain numbers, thereby guaranteeing them profitable every day. Otherwise, they could possibly be out of business. The lotteries mathematically know what they are doing, and it doesn't take some hot predictions from this board to ensure their profits by figuring out how to prevent winners.

How can a Lottery go broke? If they take their percentage of the Bets for the Drawing "first" and what is left goes to Prizes, then they can never go broke. The Lottery always gets its $hare. Big Grin

United States
                      Member #21627
                      September 12, 2005
                      4138 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2006, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Raven,

That's exactly what I am saying...so even if Lottery Commissioners are on here, they aren't going to help them improve their bottom lines dramatically. They make money regardless. It's a "house" game.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        50995 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2006, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Raven,

That's exactly what I am saying...so even if Lottery Commissioners are on here, they aren't going to help them improve their bottom lines dramatically. They make money regardless. It's a "house" game.

Then why would they have to block a number if they are pari-mutuel? I could see it if they were non-pari-mutuel.

Maryland
                          United States
                          Member #35590
                          March 20, 2006
                          185 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2006, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

First: I can gurantee you that there ARE  lotto officials on this site.

Second: All I ever ask for is honesty.......like please explain to the public what "random" really means.....quit the double speak. Everyone has the right to make money, but if you are a government entity or in association you MUST do so ethically....full disclosure and do not use nuances to distort the truth of what is really the facts behind "random drawing"....and yes you lotto officials know EXACTLY what I mean. The public is entitled to know the following:

1. Do all the balls weigh the same?

2. Do you select the ball sets to use depending on what numbers have been waged for that drawing?

3. Do you systimatically drawn the set of numbers that will pay out the least in 2nd and 3rd prizes for each drawing?

If you answered no, yes and yes.......the drawing could still be considered "random" because the winners are randomly selected and it would just be sheer luck for that person to have bet on the numbers that would be the least waged upon for payout purposes. Nothing is wrong with doing that....it is just that the public should know that there is a legal systimatic effort by the Biggame to keep on earning more money. The public should be aware that skill is NOT involved in being a winner.....infact the more numbers you corner in a bet is likely to work against you for the big prizes......you may win alot of the small stuff....but the more random your picks are is the more chance you literally might have....and that is why so many quick picks tend to win. Again, when you are working in association with the Government......full disclosure of tactics is required. Most people like myself would still keep betting......

DISCLAIMER:

The above is an opinion by Shane3 and is not intended to be legally binding. This opinion does not assert that the Biggames are cheating the public.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                            Member #91
                            January 19, 2002
                            12006 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2006, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

In case you do know also>>>>> 

1.  Who shot JFK?

2.  Did we really land a man on the moon?

3.  Is their intelligent life out there?

just kidding....i know all those answes already!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                              Member #21627
                              September 12, 2005
                              4138 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2006, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Raven

I have heard that the lottery will cut off sales on a particular number if the payout reaches too high for them to pay off a winner. For example, on 9/11, I bet that everyone and their brother played 911. Let's say they sell 2,000 tickets and 1,500 of them are 911 and 911 hits. The lottery stands to lose roughly $750,000 on that risk. They generally won't take that risk. Haven't you seen posts of people on here mad because the lottery wouldn't sell them a particular number on a certain day?

Stooges